xFlame990

on the rise.

Galahon had almost finished his drawing when someone behind him asked if he needed help. He spun, baring his fangs in warning but saw an older shadow walker standing there. He almost snapped at her, but at least remembered his manners enough to respect his elders like he had been taught. He usually followed this but only if the dragon in question was far older then him. This one obviously was, so he tried to show some respect.

He quickly wiped his eyes, trying to hide that he had been crying but refused to wipe away his drawing again.

"I'm alright, just laying here." He said, trying to act casual but failing miserably.

Fawn

She watched as Toby nervously made his way onto Vrans' back and was taken to the fire. Fawn then stood and meandered off into the forest to find a bite to eat, just catching Barwon's offer to hunt for everyone as she did. She smiled. That'd be fine for the others, but she was an herbivore. She also wanted to talk to Galahon. She understood that he respected her and her kind, though she wasn't sure why. Still, she didn't want to feel like she was forcing him into anything. While it was true she felt that Toby's joining their little group would be an asset to the healing process, she didn't want to rush things. The boy didn't know about Galahon's mate, and what his kind had done to her... It also was not her place to tell him of this. If Galahon allowed it, she would, but otherwise he would have to tell Toby himself. She found some fresh green grass, and gently plucked it from the ground as she went along. She'd been in the sun almost all day, so she didn't need that much.

After getting her fill, she started looking for Galahon. She found him, and a stranger standing not far from him. She was still in cover, so she decided to wait and see what was going on.

Toby

Toby eased off of the yellowish dragon as they neared the fire. It was warm, and he was enjoying it so much... He took his hoodie off, holding it up to the blaze so it'd dry off faster. There was a sudden call of 'Incomin'!' from the water, but he didn't think much of it until he got nailed in the back of the head with a large, slimy, and very much flopping fish. Lemon pounced on it and started eating it as it was still trying to flip about. "Lemon no!" he said, taking the fish from her. "I gotta cook it first..." he said, looking around for a sharp stick. The fish wiggled pitifully in his hand, gasping for breath, and he decided to put it out of its misery. A quick smack on the rocky ground and it was done. Silently he thanked his dad for sending him to summer-camp in 5th grade.

(Just got an idea for a 4th char-don't normally do this-. I'll run him by you some time later Flame. Anyway, I won't be on much/at all tomorrow. Moving to a new home in Florida.)

((thanks, good to be here))

Midnight paused at the snap she received from the gray, considering his response to her question. She was easily able to tell something was bothering him and that it was best not to press him hard, so rather than pressing she looked to what he had been working on on the ground. What she saw was an etching of another dragon in the hard soil of the earth. That was more than enough for Midnight to figure out what was going on. "Young one, please tell me what troubles your heart so I might help you," she offered again.

Galahon looked at the ground, then back at the dragoness. He wanted badly to tell her to mind her own buisness, but he also wanted to tell the truth, to get it out in the open. This dragon was offering that, and what was more she respected him enough to not push to hard.

His eyes watered as he began to tell the story, the one he had only told once before.

"I lost my Rahja." He began simply. "I lost her to the scientists, and it's all my fault." Tears were forming at this point, and he fought hard to keep them away.

"We stayed in the same cave during the great sleep. and she woke before me I wasn't there for her, I couldn't rescue her!" He stood violently and swiped his claws across a nearby sapling, shattering it's trunk.

"The humans found her! The took her apart with their metal claws! I wasn't there, I wasn't awake to save her!" He roared, not caring if anyone else heard or not. He had kept this bottled up for almost a year now and was venting his emotions at last. Another tree felt his wrath and thunder rumbled overhead though there weren't any clouds in the sky.

"I found her in pieces, her insides on the outside, her beautiful face a ruin!" Galahon slumped to the ground finally, sobs wracking his form as he finally lost all self control.

"They took her from me, and I lost my better half Why couldn't she have waited for me? Why didn't she wait for me? Was she upset? Did I do something wrong?" He finally lapsed into silence, crying quietly to himself.

Edited by Ryujin13

Midnight Dawn looked to the gray with open sadness in her eyes. He had lost his other half to these 'humans' and that was truly something horrifying to any member of their long-lived species, still she felt it was best if she did what she could for him. Slowly approaching the weeping dragon she spoke slowly and calmly, do her best to ensure there was no misinterpretation. "Perhaps the reason she wasn't there when you awoke was because she made the hardest decision a lover could make for their loved one; she left to protect you." Midnight paused so he could absorb those words before she continued, giving him her best estimation of what her guess had happened based upon previous situations she had seen in her long, long life.

"Consider it this way, what if those 'humans' had been approaching the cave in which you were still sleeping, your Rahja couldn't have stayed and defended you, but that would have only resulted in both of your deaths. Rather she made the choice that showed the greatest amount of love for you possible, she fled in such a way that she lead the humans away from where you rested so you would not be found while you were defenseless in your sleep," she said softly, her voice taking a comforting, maternal tone she had used when raising stranded hatchlings she had occasionally come across.

Galahon continued to sob into the ground, listening to the dragoness' wise words. He had considered the possibility before, that she had left for another reason, but the truth was he would never know. That was the most painful part, he didn't know why she left. Had she been upset, or had she left for another reason like the one the dragoness had presented.

"I don't know, nor will I ever know. I don't want to believe thats the answer, because if so then I really am at fault. I know she did it to protect me, but I wish that we had been reversed. I wish I were dead and she lived." He finally managed to quit crying and wiped his eyes, looking around the valley, seeing Rahja in every landmark. They had flown here, fought here, loved here. It had been their home and now it was spoiled by the humans, their waste everywhere.

"We lived in this valley." He said finally, looking at the older dragoness.

"Met here to. I moved in here at around the same time as she did. We hated each other instantly, and began to fight almost nonstop." He hadn't meant to tell this story, after all this dragon had listened to enough of his woes for one night, but now that it had begun he couldn't stop talking. The words just kept flowing as though the had a mind of their own.

"Eventually the fight became a war over territory and it became a grudge. We fought for three days straight, each of us summoning storms that wreaked havoc on the ecosystem here. By the end of the third day we were both ready to collapse and called a momentary truce. When we looked around we realized that the valley wouldn't be worth having if we continued. We both started to laugh and talk, and soon after, well the rest is history." He smiled at the thought and looked down at his drawing. He touched it's cheek again, remembering the way he had done that to Rahja before the sleep.

"I just wish I knew the truth. Thats what hurts the most I think. Why did she leave? Why didn't she wait?" he shrugged contined to play with the drawing.

"Perhaps you'll never know, young one," Midnight Dawn replied, "However, that means even more that you should not leave yourself in a state like this." Circling around the gray at a slow place she continued saying, "I did not know your love, but I doubt she would have wanted you to be like this. So why do you remain so? Why not go and do something to show that you still appreciate her? All you've done is wallow in the self pity that you lack answers to your questions which you may never know. So do something with your life, whether it be finding solace in living, going after these 'humans', or perhaps finding another dragoness. Whatever it is, I suggest you do something better with your life so as to remember Rahja then just being remorseful."

Galahon grinned and rose, gesturing in the direction of the nearest human settlment.

"Oh but I have been busy. I have made the slaughter of those responsible for my Rahja's death my sworn duty. I will raze every science building to the ground until I find those I need. Already I have killed almost all of them, I am missing only two, and of those one is close. Once they are dead, then I can begin the real campaign. I will destroy the human race, raising our kind back to the top like we once were! They do not deserve this planet, they destroy it, kill everything they touch. I have found out that they put prey in places it should not be! They introduce them to places with no defense against that prey and the whole natural world falls apart! They overfish the oceans, leave their garbage everywhere." He spat on the ground, away from the dragonness. "They will die to a man woman and child until none or close to none remain." He glanced at the human by the fire and grimaced. He didn't like that human here, in fact killing him sounded like a great idea. However, fawn had forbade it so he would abstain for now.

"The group I travel with do not see the humans for what they are. They harbor a young one as we speak. It befriended a pygmy with only one wing. Apparently the humans took that as well. They search for their families, which I can sympathize with, so I travel with them. Eventually I hope that they see the truth and join my campaign. In the meantime though, I tolerate the human."

Edited by Ryujin13

"Oh you've already chosen a goal, yet you continue to linger in the past?" Midnight asked, "That would suggest you are not quite as dead set on your goal as you would have me believe." She finished another circle around the gray before coming to a halt and looking down at him to speak again. "I do ask though, what makes you believe their whole race is deserving of extinction? Only a few committed the crime upon your love, yet you would punish the entirety of their species for something most all of them know nothing of. It is the height of arrogance to assume one has such a right, so would you assume you do? That you have the moral authority to decide what should live and die upon this planet like a god? And if you do, please tell me why, for I would wonder what logic has lead you there." Toward the end, the maternal aspect of her voice began to disappear, being replaced with a hardness that left little room to maneuver around the questions that were asked.

Edited by jaina

Galahon raised his head a bit higher at the tone of the other dragons voice. He tried to keep his as even as possible, not wanting to provoke the elder. She could probably destroy him without much effort, and then Rahja would go unavenged.

"I do not claim to be a god, nor a moral authority, however, even you must see what is right and wrong. They have polluted the planet, destroyed what was pure before the sleep. They have wiped out entire species that thrived before the sleep, purely because they were in the wrong place. They could live in harmony, but instead the choose to live apart, destroying everything for their cities, their homes and their roads. They put smoke into the air that makes it hard to fly. They war amongst themselves, developing ever more powerful weapons that will one day destroy them and the planet. They look at creatures and ask themselves how to improve them. I would ask instead, what makes them think they can play god? What gives them the right to destroy the planet so. I have listened to their glass box that speaks. It tells of the aweful things they have caused in the past that now effect their future. They do these things then scratch their heads and ask why it went wrong. They do not think of the future, only the present. I do not mean to say that there are not some... less destructive ones. I have heard of the hipee's who want to keep the planet safe. They speak out against war, pollution and other such things. To them I would give safe passage, but the others do not care. They continue because they figure that they will not face the consequences, their great, great, granchildren will. They are locusts, but even locusts serve a purpose. Humans seem to serve no purpose, and I would eradicate them to ourselves, our planet, and our way of life. If I am wrong, please, I welcome an explanation why. I do not claim to be perfect or all knowing. I will listen, and if you are right, then I will follow you and your suggestions. I will not stop killing the scientists though. That is not something that I would even consider."

Edited by Ryujin13

Midnight chuckled slightly and smiled before turning to look at the sky as her face became a pensive mask. "Your goal is saving the earth from what they might do to it is noble, there is no doubt about that." she said calmly, almost detached from the situation, "But I'm afraid the way in which you would enact it is doomed to fail." Turning away from the sky to look back at the gray she said, "You said you would spare the hipee's yes? How would you tell who is a hipee? Could one human not masquerade as a hipee while not truly being one simply to avoid destruction? I would believe such a thing to be possible among a species so varied as these humans." Midnight was quiet for several moments as she let that series of questions sink in before asking her next ones. "And would you really kill their children? The most pure and innocent of them all who have truly done no wrong and are the best hope of them all to repair any of the damage they have done? And would you steal from these children their parents? Their mothers? Their fathers? Would you force them to grow up alone with nothing to give them the love they deserve? Would you deprive mates of each other? Would you truly, willingly inflict your own pain upon other living creature that could feel and rationalize it the same way we do, even if they do not live as long as we do and wouldn't suffer as long?"

((midnight is being a moral ***))

Edited by jaina

Galahon opened and closed his mout a few times, trying to find the words to explain why he was right, but he also knew he couldn't. He wanted badly to think he was still right, but he had lived long enough to know that only fools did that.

"I-" He lowered his gaze, ashamed to admit that he was wrong. "I can't answer that." He said finally, his wings drooping as his cause seemed to deflate out of him. For the last year he had been driven by the idea that all humans were terrible things, that they all must be as bad as scientists. Now that he heard someone actually put up a legitimate argument as to why he was wrong though...

"I don't know." He finally said, admitting something that he rarely did. "I don't know what to do instead."

(I'm back. Gonna be off & on sporadically for a bit, as there is no internet at my new residence...)

Fawn

Fawn smiled gently from her place in the brush. She had intended to give Galahon a talk like this, but it seemed this elder had done so already... and done a far better job than she could've. She was grateful also because she was so soft-spoken, she never could've spoken with any sort of authority. At least that was the case in her mind. She decided to leave them be for the moment. Let them talk further in privacy... Turning carefully, she made her way beck to the group by the fire.

-

Toby

Toby had gotten Lemon to split the fish open, before removing the insides and setting it up on a stick by the fire, turning it until it looked pretty cooked. His face was red from the heat, but he didn't care. He was hungry, so he could take the heat a bit longer. When Fawn returned he was pulling the cooked fish away before pulling off some of the tender meat and giving it to Lemon. "Taste's better than the guts, I bet," he said, smiling as she ate. "Hard to believe you're a girl, but that's ok. You're my girl," he said, grinning.

-

Herman

Herman sighed quietly. They'd finally received an update on the Grey dragon. He'd attacked another facility, killing about thirty people. The survivors had contacted them, and soon he and some others were going to investigate. He didn't like this... The dragon was dangerous, yes. He was well aware of that. However, no one he knew had considered that there may just be a logical reason for it. To them, Dragons were just animals... not fellow sentient beings that were just as entitled to this world as humans, if not more so. He knew that though; Rahja had shown him. He looked up at the fluorescent lights above, not daring to speak her name aloud. Not here... not with coworkers listening...

"You'll find something to do instead in due time, young one," Midnight replied, confidence in her voice. "But you need to stop performing such destructive actions. For the time being all they will do is earn you the ire of your companions and perhaps even yourself," she continued. "If I may though, I would like to ask if I could join this group of yours though. I don't doubt you may have far more questions in the future about this, but don't expect such an easy answer if you ask again, it is not in my habit to hand things to someone who wants them." she asked calmly looking in the direction of the camp.

Galahon looked up sharply, anger in his eyes.

"Your telling me to stop killing the scientists? You do not want me to avenge my Rahja? I will not stop that, not after swearing over her body to do so. I will do as you say, and leave off destruction of all humans, but those that hurt her, they will die by my tooth or claw or fire. They will perish, and Rahja will rest finally." He shook his head again, then looked down at the picture, he didn't wipe it out, but he did say goodbye. It wasn't good for him to remain in the past, and he had known this for some time. Unfortunatly he had found a rut and continued wandering it without salvation until this dragoness had found him.

He stood and began to make his way back to the fire, but not before turning back to the dragoness.

"Of course you are welcome to join us." He said, the anger seeming to leak out of him as quickly as it came now that he had spent so much emotion so quickly.

"My name is Galahon." He hesitated a moment then looked at the ground a bit.

"Thank you for helping me." He said.

yeah its to bad, I actually really liked this roleplay, it was a great concept and the characters were interesting. I wanted to see where it went but I think its dead at this point.

The RP shot out from under me so I kind of ditched. Last time I said anything remotly to the concept of leaving cause I can't keep up they took it like I was throwing a tampertantrim.

But ya, even if I could post I got no idea what happened as there was suddenly tons of large posts happening before I could read them all.

I don't know where Flame is, but I really don't want this thread to die... I hope they come back soon.

little lost dragon: I dunno. It was going good. You can ignore most of Ryujin's and jaina's posts, since they were away from the group. I posted in the group for Toby/Lemon and Fawn's return, so you can reply to that.

Ryujin13: I don't think the RP is dead just yet. You and jaina just sort of dominated the thread for a bit. Hopefully we can avoid a repeat, yes?))

Fawn smiled gently from her place in the brush. She had intended to give Galahon a talk like this, but it seemed this elder had done so already... and done a far better job than she could've. She was grateful also because she was so soft-spoken, she never could've spoken with any sort of authority. At least that was the case in her mind. She decided to leave them be for the moment. Let them talk further in privacy... Turning carefully, she made her way beck to the group by the fire.[/color]

-

Toby

Toby had gotten Lemon to split the fish open, before removing the insides and setting it up on a stick by the fire, turning it until it looked pretty cooked. His face was red from the heat, but he didn't care. He was hungry, so he could take the heat a bit longer. When Fawn returned he was pulling the cooked fish away before pulling off some of the tender meat and giving it to Lemon. "Taste's better than the guts, I bet," he said, smiling as she ate. "Hard to believe you're a girl, but that's ok. You're my girl," he said, grinning.

-

((Alright, lets see if I can get back into this.))

Vrans felt the boy slowly slide off his back as he neared the fire. The fire made him get a little wondered eye'ed as he never saw a fire like this before. Before if he needed heat he'd heat up a rock or something. Then he heard a splat of a fish and looked to see Toby had taken a fish to the back. Quite a large one too. But the boy seemed alright.

After the fish was cooked he sampled the cooked portion for him. To his suprize he liked it. He soon had his share and settled down. He looked up to see Fawn returning. He must be slipping in and out of a doze. He failed to notice her leave. "I think I need to sleep..." he said before giving a large yawn.

((A little confused on some details but I hope its alright.))

((I'm here guys

I'm sorry for disappearing, this thread is my responsibility and I should've at least said something before my disappearance :/ I really apologise, personal reasons, and it always just keeps on happening, doesn't it? If I ever disappear again like that for a week or more, feel free to keep going on and pick up from my characters. </3

@DragonCatofPern, what do you mean? :0 I think they're doing fine in my opinion, so long as they're happy. Roleplays are for fun, aren't they? Since you guys said you liked my roleplay ... that means a lot to me smile.gif ))

((If you guys would like a time skip for the night, let me know. We can introduce Jaina's character to the group before calling it a day. Any ideas or suggestions of events you might want to happen the next day, along with the fact that the WDE leaders are going to head over to the destroyed building and surrounding area for hints? ))

Drifting in the water, with the bright moonlight reflecting off of the surface, Barwon found that the night was finally growing into its usual peace. At last... the small distance of forest between he and the group around the fire was enough to block out most sounds. The only noise that remained was the chirping of crickets and frogs and the quiet lapping of the water against the shore, much like a cat licking its fur... Even the birds had quieted down. For once it was actually silent; it was hard to believe Galahon had just destroyed a building and the people inside only a few hours ago.

Barwon let a great yawn escape his jaws as he settled down into the water, finding comfort on a few rocks jutting out from the more deeper end of the shore. Typically, he would have gone down to the water's depths by now to sleep on a slanted ocean floor or just stay afloat underwater, but he wanted to stay close to the ragged gang nearby, so he decided on this spot. He wasn't particularly hungry at the moment, so he was content as he was.