xFlame990

on the rise.

Vrans eye's went wide a bit "It hit you when you where a hatchling too?" he asked "I was only a few days out of the egg when I went to sleep and woke up fully grown..... in a human waste heap.... that stuff is disgusting to clean off the scales." he said flicking his tounge out remebering the taste then he looked up at her "Since then I'v been on the look out.... looking for.... I don't know what.... not family.... not items all I know is that I'm looking for something.... and something drives me to search...." he said with a confused look then he looked at Barwon "I'm sure he could carry you. He can carry me...." he trailed off remembering he was much smaller then Fawn here.

He looked down thinking, unsure of what to do next. He wanted to be with both friendly dragons. But... one was water the other was ground. Neither could fly. He, with out realizing it, leaned on Fawn the way a hatchling might on it mom as it tried to figure something out.

((She's making him feel real safe and he's a very young hatchling in the mind lol))

Galahin turned around sharply, the anger still in his eyes. He so wanted to hurt something or someone right now and wished that he had a scientist handy. He could make them hurt in unimaginable ways that made him grin.

"I already said I will go woth you three, at least until I find another one of the scientists. After that, I will leave long enough to kill it and get one step closer to my goal."

((Ryujin, you know now, right? (:

Since we're all in the Hudson Bay, we can say we're just south of the Hudson Strait (the way out of the bay and into the Atlantic Ocean) and the laboratory where Lemon and Toby are quite near where they are too, so they can go--where Galahon can drop a visit to Dr Horace ;) ))

Travers frowned, leaning forward in his swivel chair, elbows on the counter. Clyde finished the rest of his lukewarm coffee, eyes on his computer screen.

"I don't trust that kid," Travers finally said, throwing up his arms in annoyance. "I've seen him 'round places, he's nothin' but trouble. I swear he's that scientist's son upstairs on that floor he asked, you know, Dr Warden or something? Warden... Warren... Warten... whatever."

Clyde glared at his colleague. "Doesn't matter. None of our business; he came here telling us that he'd lost his Gameboy."

Travers shook his head in disagreement, retorting, "If he's up to no good, then they're gon' blame us!" He stood up, pushing the swivel chair back, heading for the gate. "Ugh. I'm gon' go and see what he's up to and 'm gon' make sure he's not doin' nothin'."

"Whatever floats your boat," Clyde replied dryly, returning to his computer work as Travers stalked out of the lobby and into the elevator going up.

Vrans and Fawn then went into a light conversation that Barwon found absolutely adorable; it strongly reminded him of when he and his older sisters had been talking back a long time ago. It caused a bit of heartache at that thought, but he shifted a little as Fawn mentioned his name. They were saying that if they were ever to head out into sea, Fawn wouldn't be able to come. Barwon agreed; it would be hard for Fawn to travel on the water, unless he could carry her, which was quite difficult due to her size.

It wasn't an insult to Fawn, but Barwon's breed--a water dragon--was just technically smaller in size than Fawn. Besides, terrae dragons had their own sort of gracefulness that Barwon didn't quite achieve with their height.

"Fawn's righ'," he said apologetically to Vrans, whom Barwon could tell really wanted Fawn to come with them. Moreover, Vrans probably considered Fawn as a mother figure. It only made sense; the young sunrise dragon had woken up with the mentality of a hatchling and no family to guide him. "She could come wit' us 'long the shores still. Like, we can jus' go up the edge o'the bay and head through the Hudson Strait, yeah? We don' hav'ta go straight 'cross the Bay if y'don' wanna, Vrans."

Just then, Galahon spoke. Barwon cringed slightly at the grey dragon's violent desires to kill the scientists who must have killed his mate. The water dragon didn't quite approve of his actions, but he didn't want to start any more drama with him, with all the angry words they had caused already.

((I also made another human character (WDE). GUYSSSS and any readers out there, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee join as a WDE leader or human! <3 ))

Edited by xFlame990

Vrans and Fawn then went into a light conversation that Barwon found absolutely adorable; it strongly reminded him of when he and his older sisters had been talking back a long time ago. It caused a bit of heartache at that thought, but he shifted a little as Fawn mentioned his name. They were saying that if they were ever to head out into sea, Fawn wouldn't be able to come. Barwon agreed; it would be hard for Fawn to travel on the water, unless he could carry her, which was quite difficult due to her size.

It wasn't an insult to Fawn, but Barwon's breed--a water dragon--was just technically smaller in size than Fawn. Besides, terrae dragons had their own sort of gracefulness that Barwon didn't quite achieve with their height.

"Fawn's righ'," he said apologetically to Vrans, whom Barwon could tell really wanted Fawn to come with them. Moreover, Vrans probably considered Fawn as a mother figure. It only made sense; the young sunrise dragon had woken up with the mentality of a hatchling and no family to guide him. "She could come wit' us 'long the shores still. Like, we can jus' go up the edge o'the bay and head through the Hudson Strait, yeah? We don' hav'ta go straight 'cross the Bay if y'don' wanna, Vrans."

Just then, Galahon spoke. Barwon cringed slightly at the grey dragon's violent desires to kill the scientists who must have killed his mate. The water dragon didn't quite approve of his actions, but he didn't want to start any more drama with him, with all the angry words they had caused already.

Vrans looked from Barwon to Fawn and nodded and smiled a bit "I'd like that." he said then looked up at Fawn "Is that ok with you?" he asked. He was still doing the leaning hug and only really more so when the grey spoke about things. While he could imagine why the grey was so bitter it still scarred him a bit.

Barown was right. Vrans was thinking of Fawn as a mother figure. May not know it but subconshusly he was. Barwon was sort of like the father/big brother figure. With the hatchlings mind and lack of knowledge and being so young mentally he needed the guidens

(Why yes, yes there are. Sorry it took me so long...)

Fawn

"I think that's a fine idea..." Fawn said, smiling gently as Vrans started leaning on her. "I wasn't quite a hatchling, but I was young. My kind... we grow throughout our lives. Why, my elder sister Fern was much bigger than I am now and-" she gave a quiet cough, "Oh, sorry... I didn't mean to start rambling..." she said. "In any case, if you three think you can tolerate more rambling and the occasional wandering off to look at plants, I'll be more than happy to accompany you as far as I can."

-

Toby

He heard the elevator ding as he reached the stairwell door, as well as Dr. Horace shouting at him angrily. "Tobias Warren get back here right now!" he heard the doctor say before he closed the door and started to go down. He was still holding his gameboy, but what worried him more was if Lemon was still okay in his backpack.

"You okay back there, Lemon?" he asked. Lemon squeaked back, and he heard the zipper jingling as his friend tried to open it wider from the inside. "No, not yet Lemon. Stay," he said, continuing downward. Five flights down, then it'd be a mad dash for the door and to his bike. His heart was pounding at an almost painful rate...

-Meanwhile-

Dr. Horace shouted as he watched the boy disappear into the stairwell. "Tobias Warren get back here right now!" he yelled futilely as the door closed. He was about to page the security desk, when the elevator next to him opened and a member of the security team walked out. What was this stooge's name? Not Clyde. Terrance? Trevon? Trevor? Didn't matter. "Did you let that boy up here?" he asked. "Never mind... he's got something in his hand; I saw it," he said, before pointing to the stairwell. "You're on security; go after him and I'll meet you at the bottom." He walked into the elevator, pressing the button to go to the ground floor. "And hurry it up!" he said as the doors closed.

While the others talked, Galahon drew idly in the dirt nearby. He drew long squiggly lines, some X's and some boxes. Eventually he drew a few circles as well until a rough map was shown. He gently poked a spot on it close to where he guessed they were then looked at the map closer. A circle was right nearby and that made his eyes widen visibly.

"I'll be back." He said, turning suddenly and flapping his wings mightily. A thunderclap punctuated the snap of his wings as he winged away, heading straight towards a scientist den.

His flight was short enough, roughly a hundred miles or so before he spotted the ugly white den thing sitting amid some trees. He snarled loudly to himself, clouds having already begun to form above the building. Stupid humans trying to make their dens blend in more. They only succeeded in making their ugliness stand out more.

Galahon let the storm build a bit, the thunder rumbling ominously before he folded his wings and plummeted like a bullet at the building, allowing them to snap open at the last minute so he could land with an earth shaking thud. He roared as loud as he could, causing some windows to blow out from the sound.

"I am Galahon! You destroyed my life, and now I will end yours scientists!" He yelled, not caring if the little scurrying ant things understood him or not. With that he began to rip into the roof with his claws, tunneling down into the building, looking for a specific person amid the chaos.

Lemon

Clanking sounds, and slight bouncing. They are going down. Door above opens and voice shouts at Tobee. Clank sounds from above, Tobee tries to go down faster. Buk-bag is grabbed, Tobee makes loud sounds. He is scared. No! Bad man! Let Tobee go! Bite and scratch at hole in buk-bag. Man say things, puts hand near hole. Lemon bites his hand through hole, and he yells angry sound-words. Everything shakes suddenly. Loud roar like thunder. Grey Dragon? Man screams and there is more shaking and odd sounds.

Toby

Toby clung to the railing of the stairs as the whole building rocked and shook under the weight of... something. He squeezed his eyes closed tightly, before taking in a deep breath and continuing down. He passed by the guard who'd grabbed him, pausing briefly to see if the man had survived the fall he'd taken after the shaking had started. "Mister?" he asked quietly, lifting the man's cap. Dead eyes just stared off into the void. "Sorry..." Toby said in and unnerved tone, putting the cap down again. "So sorry..." He readjusted his backpack, heading out onto the bottom floor. Everyone was panicking. No one seemed to notice a boy making his way to the exit nearest his bike.

(Meanwhile)

Doctor Horace gripped the safety railing in the elevator as the whole building shook and the main lights went out. The dim lights of the emergency grid came on moments later. The elevator had ground to a halt, the doors closed tightly and Dr. Horace trapped within.

Outside, Dr. Warren pulled up to the security gate. The chaos was apparent, people fleeing in every direction. Bill had opened the gate for them and fled also. Miles looked to one side of the building, seeing a figure in a red hoodie and a backpack heading for the bike rack. He honked the horn, "Toby!" he called, sticking his head out of the driver's side window. His voice was lost however in the howling winds. He honked the horn again, trying to drive closer.

Galahon noticed little people fleeing as he began to get into the building proper, his talons taking huge chunks out of the concrete. Some wore lab coats and that only made him angrier. One of the people in lab coats was making noise from one of the little metal things they drove around. He was wearing a lab coat! Galahon knew that he might never catch any of the scientists who got away, so killing them all quickly was his only chance. He jumped from the building, landing with another thud before prowling over to the car. THe little thing was moving fast and he quickly stepped on the front where he knew there were no people. Leaning down he looked into the window. There was indeed a person in a white lab coat. Deciding to stand on the side of caution, he neatly stepped on the car, squishing it and anything that happend to be inside. He then turned and vaporised a few terrified scientists that were cowering nearby with a few lightning bolts from the clouds overhead. The building still held scientists he knew, so back to destruction he went, this time tunneling into the wall, hoping to catch any of the little humans that tried to escape from the main entrance.

Toby

Toby heard the familiar horn of his dad's tan Buick, turning in time to watch a massive grey dragon crush first the front end, then the passenger cab. "DAD!" he called out before he could stop himself. Calling would do nothing. His dad had just been murdered by a dragon. "No... No this isn't real... How can it be?" he said, putting his head in his hand and bracing himself against a wall. "I... I gotta get out of here. Right. Lemon..." he said, walking in a calm manner that surprised even himself. He'd just witnessed two deaths; he should've been a sobbing wreck by now. Instead he was climbing onto his bike and peddling his fastest away from it all. Toward the forest, dry-eyed. He promised himself the tears would come later...

His dad was dead... with Mom now. Nothing could change that. It was his fault in a roundabout way. If he had just accepted that Lemon was gone... But Lemon wasn't gone. He was safe with Toby, and he was all Toby had left now. He paused on the edge of the forest, pulling his backpack off and unzipping it. Lemon immediately poked his slender nose out. "Toby?" the small dragon asked, looking at his face before nuzzling it. Toby lifted him out of the backpack, then unzipped another pocket.

"Hold on boy, I have something for you..." Toby said, fishing out a blue cat collar with little studs on the band and a jingle bell. He carefully put it around Lemon's neck, smiling halfheartedly as the clasp snapped shut. "Perfect fit. Don't chew it off now; it means your mine. Okay?"

Lemon shook a bit, glad to be out of the backpack. The bell jingled merrily as he did. "Let's go..." Toby said, putting the pack on again and peddling along with Lemon perched on his shoulder.

(Yes, Lemon is female. Toby's a kid and Dragon's are still relatively new to him, so he can't tell and assumes Lemon to be male.)

Galahon didn't notice the two leave into the trees. Indeed he was to busy destroying the building. Finally he tunneled his way inside and began to rip apart the building from the inside. It was more of a nuisance when the building fell on him the anything and only hurt if concrete hit him. For the most part the buildings were wood though so he didn't worry. Some more of the humans were running around screaming and he casually swiped them with his claws like a cat, batting them away to fly into walls with sickening crunches. As he moved through the building though, his tail hit the metal doors that the humans rode up and down in, making them crunch inward. Little did he know that his prey was inside one of the boxes.

(Why yes, yes there are. Sorry it took me so long...)

Fawn

"I think that's a fine idea..." Fawn said, smiling gently as Vrans started leaning on her. "I wasn't quite a hatchling, but I was young. My kind... we grow throughout our lives. Why, my elder sister Fern was much bigger than I am now and-" she gave a quiet cough, "Oh, sorry... I didn't mean to start rambling..." she said. "In any case, if you three think you can tolerate more rambling and the occasional wandering off to look at plants, I'll be more than happy to accompany you as far as I can."

Vrans smiled "Yay she can come." he said looking at Baron. He looked up at Fawn again as she spoke. Saying how she was not a hatchling but was a young one when things happened. And her sister.... then she stopped and made it sound bad "No I don't mind." he said looking up with the eye's of a hatchling. Ones of a hatchling listening to a tale or something. Being fully grown in the body must have made him a bit of a sight.

((Sorry guys for disappearing for so long! Holidays are pretty busy for me like all the time so yeaah X__X ))

Barwon listened to Fawn with some interest, partially tuning out. She was rambling, but Barwon didn't blame her; he rambled quite a lot on his own time ... most likely due to the fact that he sorely missed having his family to talk to. Well, these three--including Galahon, Barwon thought reluctantly--were all he had for now. Looking at them, the water dragon decided he didn't quite mind. Just then, a movement caught his eye--Galahon.

Navy blue eyes flicking over to the grey dragon, Barwon watched in surprise as he took off suddenly, calling that he'd be back in a moment. Startled, Barwon glanced at the other two dragons, who seemed to take no notice of the absence of Galahon. Barwon frowned; even if he wanted to follow Galahon, he couldn't--wherever he was heading, Barwon couldn't go. It was probably on land, and all he could travel was in the water. Frown deepening, Barwon started to swim in circles, just a bit.

"Should we go after him?" he asked aloud to Vrans and Fawn, tail swishing just under the surface of the water. "We can just go up the Strait over there." He gestured at the opening of the Hudson Straight up along the shores.

((Time for the almighty death of that fool Travers! Ryujin, would you like to deal the final blow? ;) ))

Ding!

Travers tapped his foot impatiently as the elevator door took its sweet time sliding open. Finally, he stepped across and started to make his way towards where Dr. Warden or Warren or Warten's office was. However, he didn't need to--the boy himself dashed out and was heading towards the exit past him, with a Dr. Horace close on his tail. Astonishment registered into his face for a few moments before he wheeled around and also pursued the boy in a mad dash, baton and safety guns clinking against his belt as he ran down the stairs two steps at a time.

However, a great noise rumbled through the building, shaking the structure, and before Travers knew it, Dr. Horace and the boy had disappeared from view and all he was doing was standing on the balcony overlooking the lobby down below. His mouth dropped open in horror as the wall opposite cracked just a little, before exploding in bursts of dust and brick. A massive dragon, grey in colour, stood there on two legs. Travers knew what this was--the dragon had storm powers. He had seen information on them in Dr. Horace's lab.

Clutching the railing on the metallic platform, Travers saw Clyde down below run for his life, only to be swept up by its deadly tail and thrown like a rag doll against the brick walls. Curses left Travers' mouth as he looked left and right for a way out.

(cant remember who but one of the doctors was supposed to be a recurring character. We might want to ask agent before doing anything)

Fawn

Fawn looked up briefly as Galahon left, then heard Barwon ask if they should follow him. "I don't think it'd hurt to see what he's up to," she said, starting to follow the water in the general direction that the grey had gone. She looked back at Vrans, "And don't worry little one, there will be plenty of stories. In fact, I think this little adventure would be a great story to tell the next bunch of hatchlings that come along," she said, smiling lightheartedly. There was a sudden cry from a bit ahead, and a splash. Her expression dropped. "Did you two hear that?" she asked.

Toby

Toby rode along, trying to piece together what had happened. Lemon's tiny claws dug into his shoulder, and it stung a bit, but it wasn't bleeding so he was fairly certain he'd be all right. He wondered if he should just go home at this point. If Celia would be mad at him for going to get Lemon. His dad had come out to the lab looking for him. If he had only gone a day sooner... just one, and all of it would've been ok.

He didn't realize how fast he was going, until a sudden lack of ground brought him back to reality. He let out a scared shout as he plunged bike first into the cold waters of the Hudson. The bike sank, and Toby was almost paralyzed by the cold water. He couldn't feel the bottom... "HELP!" he yelled, flailing his arms in an attempt to swim to shore. Where was Lemon? Was he okay?

(Sorry it took me so long. I had a lot of stuff happen in the past few days... Dr. Horace is still trapped in the elevator, but he'll get out once Galahon is satisfied with the carnage and leaves.)

Vrans looked at Barwon then at Fawn and nodded and could not help when Fawn said that the adventure maybe one for future hatchlings.

He started to move with the 2 but stopped and his ears twitched. Sounded like a splash.... then something calling out for help. When Fawn asked if they heard something he nodded and looked in the direction. He saw ripples in the water and something struggling.

The site reminded him when he hit the water the first time. He started to rush towards the creature. The splashing made it hard for him to tell what was struggling. "Where coming!" he called out as he ran unsure if the creature knew englsh or not... if if it would understand him if possible.

((Tis always though if dragons could speak they'd have there own accent lol))

((It's alright! I was terribly late as well ))

There were considerably more noise from where Galahon had left--if Barwon was only a little ... taller... The water dragon twisted his body upwards, using his upper body strength to prop his serpentine body up in the air. Water fell from his fins and glistening scales as he peered over the forest, birds flying away in alarm past his head. Just over the tree top line, Barwon could see a cloud of brick and dirt, almost in the shape of a small mushroom, slowly rise with bursts of dust within. Was that Galahon's doing? That must have been a building destroyed ... It seemed that the storm dragon had decided to lay waste to humans after all. He lowered himself back down as Fawn continued speaking. He turned to listen to her, but all three paused when a cry was heard from within the forest, near their location. Maybe in the water.

It sounded human.

Alarm flashing across Barwon's face, he wheeled around to face the direction from where the sound had come from, fins bristling and scales looking like they were glimmering a bit more. The sound of water splashing, like a baby water hatchling practicing with its swim fins, could be heard from just past the shore.

"Yeah," he murmured to Fawn, who had asked if anyone had heard the noise. "Leggo see what's happenin'." Lowering himself further into the water, Barwon sunk until the surface of the water was just below his eye. He couldn't identify if the voice was a male or female, but from the high pitched shrillness of it, he assumed that it was afraid.

"I think it's human an' scared outta its mind," Barwon commented quietly, lifting his snout only just out of the water to speak, but Vrans suddenly leaped out from behind Fawn and began running towards the site.

"Wait!" Barwon called, "It could be dange--" He dove back under the water and swam swiftly after Vrans.

Vrans heard Barwon and paused for a few seconds but the sound of splashing drove him towards the source. When he got close he saw it was a human... young one looking freaked and frantic. He went into the water to rescue the human. He had yet to meet one as young as this one.

What he did not know was what the kids had just suffered. He got closer eye's big with concern and wanting to help though.

Toby

If Toby was afraid before, he was freaked for sure now. He flailed, trying to get away from the bigger dragon. "No! No no no I dun wanna get eaten! Idunwannadie!" he screamed, trying ineffectively to swim away. The water was so cold... and it was getting closer. A sudden pricking sensation on his back told him that he'd found Lemon, the small dragon climbing onto his back. His tail curled around one of his arms, and Toby could hear him chattering angrily at the bigger one.

Fawn

There was more shouting as Vrans approached the struggling child, and Fawn's heart sank as she caught some of the words. "Poor little thing's traumatized..." she said, walking closer. As she did, she could see that another dragon was there. She looked like a common Pygmy... but what was that blue band around her neck? More importantly where was her left wing?

Lemon

Cold water, too cold. Why Tobee go in water? Not see where going maybe? Swim around, cold water... Tobee upset. Make scared sound-words. Lemon see too. Sunrise dragon getting closer. Lemon climb onto Tobee, face strange big dragon. Flare wing, look like trouble. What big dragon want? Grey dragon scare Tobee enough already. See more coming, Terrae female and Water male. So much happening. Why to Tobee?

Vrans paused as the human panic. He took a breath then put his head under. He got under the boy then surfaced using his wings to propel him. the boy now being pushed towards shore. He saw the small one act like it a threat. But the human needed to get out of the water. He pushed with the top of his head.

After the sand got closer to his paws he paused and backed up to make sure the boy was not dead or something.

((He's too young lol. Vrans hardly knows what he's doing.))

Galahon's reign of terror soon began to wind down as he finished killing off the rest of the buildings staff. He had seen pictures of the people who had killed his mate and even smelled their scent from the lab where they had hurt her, but even though this places smelled of the Hor-asse the little prey had not been here. Galahon had smelled dragon though and the meant that at least he had been right in wiping this place off the map now before any more dragons got hurt.

With a final effort, Galahon pushed his way out the back wall of the building, snorting as the dust got into his nostrils, making him want to sneeze.

He looked back at the building, with numerous large hunks missing from it and almost every window blown out. It looked like a war had been fought in the building and Galahon was fine with that. Better that the humans learned their lessons now. The little noise making things that came whenever something bad happened were getting closer, so Galahon spread his wings and threw himself into the air, flying fast back towards the river where the group was. Soon enough he spotted them along with the body of a human. He landed hard on the bank, causing a small tremor and walked forward. At the moment he presented a terrible sight, covered in dust and mortar, drying blood splattered all over him and a glint in his eye that spoke volumes.

He smiled at the group as he approached, assuming that they had killed the boy.

"It feels good to kill the insects no?" he asked, looking at the little dragon that was protecting the boy. "Especially when their hatchlings have already begun the older generations work."

Fawn

"Do be careful Vrans!" Fawn warned, just as the young sunrise ducked his head into the water, flicking the little human to shore. She winced as the human tumbled a bit, then lay very still and quiet on the pebbled shore. The Pygmy that'd gone flying with him landed with a surprising bit of grace despite her missing wing. She chattered and squeaked, alternating between nudging the small human's face in what could only be concern and chattering in a scolding manner to Vrans.

Fawn had started to move closer, when Galahon suddenly landed nearby. She couldn't hide the startled look that darted across her face at his appearance, nor the disapproving glower that followed his words. Nothing felt good about taking innocent lives... She would have to have a heart-to-heart with Galahon later.

For now though, she wanted to be sure Vrans hadn't accidentally hurt the child or worse. The Pygmy chittered angrily at her as she came closer. She didn't want to disturb her, and lowering her head a bit she could see that the little human was breathing still. She smiled gently. "It'll be okay," she said softly to the tiny one-winged dragoness. "He may have a headache when he wakes up though."

Vrans jumped back a little when Galahon was suddenly there speaking of killing. He hissed going up to the boy and blocked Galahon's site of the boy with his wing. "Human hatchling had done no harm. Even the little one seems to say so. Leave him alone!" Vrans said and finished off with a growl. He just saved the boy, he did not want to have it die so soon. Vrans though knew if Galahon wanted too, Vrans would be dead. So he looked at Fawn looking for support or help of some sort.

Edited by little lost dragon