xFlame990

on the rise.

Vrans looked at the grey. He had suffered to the humans. "Why do the humans take all they want and so little for everything else?" he asked half to him self. "But ya where looking for family me.... something. I do not know yet but what ever it is I can't stay in one spot till I find it." he explained "I woke up in a human filth pile.... disgusting to clean off my scales." he said flicking his tongue out in disgust.

We could help you find what your looking for as well look for what where looking for." he suggested.

As the three had been discussing, the Terrae female had been making her way around the water. She carefully approached, slowly coming into earshot of them. She truly hoped she wasn't intruding on anything. It sounded like they were talking about humans.

Humans? She didn't really know much about them... From what she knew, they were soft, scaleless creatures that made a lot of strange noises and ran away when they saw her. The little ones were less afraid... most of the time. She'd even had one approach her before. Its parents had been afraid, making such loud noise as it had reached out and touched her scales with curiosity. She'd eventually turned the small human around and nudged it gently back to its parents.

She paused in her remembering, and in her walking. She was now close enough to clearly hear what was being said. She briefly wondered what she would say if they spotted her, if anything. Probably a simple 'Oh don't mind me...' followed by some excuse for her being there eavesdropping on them. It wasn't intentional. She just didn't want to be a bother to them...

Vrans caught eye's caught more movement and he looked to see a green dragon slowly coming along. A Terrae. He did not know how he knew that nor did he know how he knew he was sitting on a water. But he did. "We have a new comer." he said half to him self. this one did not look mad nor annoyed, just plain wonderment... or so it looked. He tilted his head to the side wondering how she would react.

Galahon shook his head at the water dragon's naivety and chuckled darkly.

"You truly believe that don't you? Living with the humans in harmony? That it were so easy to do. You wonder what they took from me? They took my Rahja, my beloved. She woke before me and went to look you see. The humans and their sci-en-tists decided it would be great fun to see what was inside her. I awoke four days behind her. When I tracked her scent I found her surrounded by humans on a table. They had killed her with those metal claws that they hold. They had taken her apart because they wanted to know what was inside her. Everything, her heart, her lungs, they had been taken out and were on the table next to her because they were curious. We are but animals to them, but I have never known a dragon to do this before, not even when fighting. We don't take each other apart because we are curious, we ask. Who are the animals really? Those who would assume as such and attack for no reason, or those who would defend ourselves? I have hunted those that held the metal claws to my Rahja. I have two more to collect, then I will begin my true campaign of destruction. These creatures do not deserve to live. I have watched their glass boxes. They are killing this planet, in ways unfathomable. They poison everything, they kill for no reason, they move the prey to places it is not supposed to be then wonder why everything has gone so wrong. I have seen them killing those great fish in the ocean, the whales, because they can! Just because they cannot speak does not make them any less of a being! I will destroy them, remove them from the face of the earth because I can recognize them for what they are; a disease, a blight on the world, a hungering entity who would destroy everything just because it can. It is gluttonous and will not rest until destruction is complete!" Galahon realized his voice had raised and thunder was punctuating his every period. He closed his eyes and reigned in his hatred, instead focusing on remaining calm.

"You two have a plight that I can sympathize with however, and I will assist you in finding your families. I only caution you to not dare to hope, since I have awoken I have come to realize that hope is for fools, and the humans do not suffer fools save their own."

The sunrise made a remark suddenly and Galahon looked to where the other dragon was looking. A Terrae dragon stood there and Galahon bowed his head slightly in greeting. He had always had respect for these giant dragons, and tried to never raise his voice to them. One had cared for him when he was much younger after he had broken his wing and had forever secured his loyalty to the breed as a whole.

Edited by Ryujin13

Vrans listened to the grey as it spoke. This was a lot of new info to him, metal claws, taking other dragons apart for pure curiosity, glass boxes, giant fish in the sea being hunted..... he knew humans where dangoruse and he knew they seemed to be incapable of showing decent attention with out showing fear or trying to kill him. One time a human thing had turned off there black surface and tried to run him over. Large thing to.... he shook his head.

He noticed the greys sudden change in tones when the Terrae showed up. He looked at the grey to the Terrae a few times. Being so young in the head he could not figure it out yet.

She had clearly heard the Grey's words before the Sunrise pointed her out. She caught herself frowning in a disapproving manner at his statements, before returning to a more appealing look. "My apologies fellows," she said softly. "I spotted the three of you from the other side of the pond, and thought that perhaps I may join your company?" She pawed at the ground nervously, unsure if they'd approve.

"Ah... There's such a plethora of medicinal herbs in this area," she added. "I'd love to stay here, but I'm not sure whose territory this is, if anyone's. I don't want to impose on anyone..."

Galahon turned fully to the terrae dragon and bowed his head again.

"My name is Galahon, and this is my territory no matter what some upstarts might say. I always welcome terrae dragons into my scent/realm. Please feel free to stay as long as you need."

((Sorry guys for not posting in a few days. I've been very busy with high school applications, open house nights, homework, and don't get me started on social life issues aha ;___; Again, I'm very sorry!

By the way, I will be gone next week from Monday to Wednesday/Thursday on an outdoor school trip. At that time you guys can control my characters a little bit just to keep the RP moving.

user posted image

AGAIN, I'm soooo sorry! ;___; ))

EDIT: ((I will also be posting asap this weekend, and if possible MAAAAAYBE tomorrow night.))

Edited by xFlame990

Fawn

"Oh," she said, surprised a bit by Galahon's generosity. "Thank you then, Galahon," she said, bowing her head in return. "And I truly am sorry for the loss of your mate. I'm sure she was an exceptional member of your kind."

She turned and looked at the other two. They'd been silent so far, so she was unsure of their thoughts on the matter. "A pleasure meeting you fellows. I am Fawngaze," she said, nodding to them politely.

-

Toby

A boy, looking to be about 11 or 12, sped down a quiet stretch of back road on his bike. Almost there, and he was starting to have his doubts. It'd been two and a half weeks. If Lemon was already dead, they would've dissected him already. If they'd done that, then they wouldn't keep the corpse around. They would've either cremated it or parted it off to universities, or worse, stuck him in one of those giant pickle jars. He felt the tears well up again...

No! He couldn't give up after going this far. Lemon was going to be fine, and he was going to rescue him. He was almost there, so turning around now would be meaningless. If he turned around now, his friendship with Lemon would be meaningless. He peddled faster, blinking away the tears.

He neared the gates of the research facility where his dad worked. Luckily, it was Bill who was the on-duty guard this time and not Craig. Bill was a kind older man, who had more than once bent the rules to let him in. Well, he'd brought his ID card this time, so Bill wouldn't get in trouble for him. "Hey Bill!" he called, waving his ID and bringing his bike to a stop.

"Oh, Toby! How are you today?" Bill asked. "What brings you here so early? It's not like you to drop by when your dad's off work."

"I'm fine Bill," he said. "I just think something of mine got left here by accident." It was an easy lie to swallow; he'd come by two day's before Lemon was taken. "I wasn't able to come until now though... School and all, you know? Can you let me in Bill? I'll owe you one."

"Must be important, hm?" Bill chuckled, pressing the button to open the gates. "You owe me twenty, but there's no need to repay any of it. You remind me so much of my grandson Toby; it lights up my day to see you looking so determined and alive."

Toby nodded. "It is important. Don't tell my dad if he calls or comes by looking for me, okay? He doesn't want me out here..." he said, walking his bike in as Bill nodded. It was now or never. Time to get Lemon back, but he couldn't just rush in... He had to be careful. He walked his bike to the side of the building, not so far that he couldn't reach it, but out of sight from the gate. He went to the door, taking a deep breath and walking in.

(You guys feel free to play the lab staff in Toby's beginning. It'd be rather awkward if I had to do this all by myself.)

Vrans seemed to agree with the grey dragon on the aspect on how humans were all greedy. Barwon, more to himself, thought that most humans were like that--but some humans were quite the opposite. The mouthy water dragon was about to say a few more words on this matter when Vrans said out loud that there was a new comer; the sunrise dragon seemed to talk more to himself quite a lot, which seemed kind of odd. Barwon didn't mind, though, since he had seen many dragons do that.

Flicking his head around, Barwon's eyes widened slightly as another dragon entered his view from the depths of the forests behind Galahon, who was currently rattling on about what the humans had done and the levels of their destruction. Partially listening, Barwon nodded absent-mindedly, registering in the part about "sympathizing with their plight" (which he appreciated...somewhat) before leaning to the left, hoping he was not disturbing Vrans' seating, and took another look at the stranger--a terrae dragon. Terrae dragons were generally known to be, most of the time, pleasant, right? Hopefully.

"Yo, man!" Barwon called raucously, tilting his head slightly. The terrae spoke quite softly and good-naturedly, which surprised him for her size. He thought terrae dragons moved with a quiet grace despite their massive height, anyway.

Galahon then introduced himself to the terrae, and added on an extra bit about how "it was his territory no matter what some upstarts may say" that infuriated Barwon. Usually, a polite dragon wouldn't comment in the presence of a she-dragon, but Barwon just wasn't that dragon.

"Yo man, what'cha tryn'a say? I've been livin' here long time, haven' seen you down there ever before bro!" the water dragon barked sharply, "...Whatever, man. I'm called Barwon. I, for one, lived here ever since I's a kid, so dunno 'bout what some smartguy's sayin' 'bout his territory." He then leaned his head on an angle. "Nice t'meet'cha, Fawngaze. You serious on joinin' us?"

((I'll start, any one can pick up on this, since I'll be leaving soon :c ))

"My God, how long are we gonna be here?"

Clyde rolled his eyes as his pale, slender fingers danced over his keyboard, screen forever shifting to new pages.

"Just be a bit more patient, won't you?" he asked, pausing only to take a sip from a cup of lukewarm, office coffee sitting next to his desktop computer.

Travers glared at Clyde icily. "You're not the one with a hockey game to catch up with at home. It's more complicated than you think; I hate this damn job."

The other man at the computer sighed loudly before finally looking up from his screen, setting down his cup. "Maybe you wouldn't have a difficult time getting your job done if you actually did what you were suppos"--he nearly toppled the mug over in surprise, as his eyes, directed over the counter, met with a young teenage boy looking wind blown.

"Excuse me, can we help you?" Clyde called, standing up and saving his documents on the computer. Travers, who had been sitting on the surface of the desk, swiveled around to eye the boy suspiciously. Children like this kid usually weren't let into the building unless they were waiting for a parent or something.

"indeed she was." Galahon said to Fawn. "The best of us all were I the judge." When Barwon spoke again, Galahon rounded on him, eyes flashing, and storm clouds forming above them. He had had enough of this little water dragon's disrespect.

"You dare question my claim? You, who cannot leave the water yet somehow lay claim to the trees and mountains and sky that I have named my own? You may live in the water but in those theatres I can best you any day!" The water had begun to chop at this point, strong wind blowing in from the east down the course of the valley while thunder boomed overhead.

"My mate and I were the bane of this valley, and never before have we seen any water dragon in this area before! I am beggining to think that you move into my territory, claim it as your own then hope I agree that it is yours!" Lightning flashed now and Galahon's eyes had gone completely yellow, glowing in fact in the gloom that he had summoned. A strong gust cracked branches along the shore and the tempature began to drop.

"Were my mate here she would have ripped your throat out long ago! We would have bathed in your blood and rejoiced! We would have hunted you down for the sheer sport of it had you shown this level of disrespect to us! Either apologise, disregard any 'claim' you have if any, or get out before I rip off your fins and turn you into a living embodiment of the snake you are!"

Vrans was about to say a greeting to the new dragon but got nurves when the grey got mad. He went back into the air and went over to ground a ways away from the group. He crouched down more or less scared. He did not want to be part of the dragon BBQ if at all possible "I'm just travelling. I don't want trouble. I'll leave as soon as I can if you want." he said. He felt like a hatchling caught between 2 arguing adults. Which was the case only he was fully grown in the body. So he looked like a frightened adult dragon right now.

Barwon's attention spun around on Galahon once again. The grey dragon was now rearing his head, thunder and lightning booming furiously behind him in the originally sunny sky overhead. Fangs bared, Barwon lowered himself into the water, infuriated even more at Galahon's response. The water he was surrounded in had begun to swirl violently, but Barwon didn't care. He lived in these waters; he had swum in the most enraged tantrums the sea had thrown, and he refused to be intimidated by the storm looming on all four of them.

"Me? Movin' into your so-called territory and callin' it mine? I ain't like that man, I n'er seen you before there! I was ****in' born here and you dare say that I'm just sayin' it's mine?! Once I find my parents or any of m'fam you go up to their damn faces and say it!" he roared fiercely, tail flailing in the water madly, a small whirlpool beginning to form at the tip. Eyes flashing madly, Barwon noticed Vrans, who was on his back, lift off and fly to the shore, settling down in a nervous crouch, near Fawngaze. Instantly regretting it, Barwon turned back to Galahon.

"Look man, dis ain't polite or nothin', so let's just cut the **** and do some respect, yeah? For these guys, 'nyway. We can share this damn place if you damn want to, because I wanna find m'fam more than you care about this place," Barwon finally said, voice lowering back to a more reasonable tone. "Things woulda been d'frent b'fore the sleep and stuff, but now them humans are tryn'a be killin' us, things're like dey are right now."

Fawn

Fawn watched passively as Galahon summoned a storm, and as the young sunrise cringed. "Please, there's no need for threats of violence," she began in a firm yet gentle tone. "Most certainly not ones so unnecessary. If Barwon here is unable to claim the land and air as you say Galahon, then he poses no threat to you."

She looked over to the sunrise, "Besides, you're both scaring the youngster..."

She walked over to the sunrise dragon, smiling down at him. "And what is your name?" she asked kindly.

-

Toby

Toby had been walking down the halls, looking for the Bio-research area. They must've remodeled after his last visit... As he was passing by an office area, a man spoke to him. He turned and looked at the man. "Uh... I'm Dr. Warren's son. I left my Gameboy in his office last time I came here; do you know where it is?" he asked. "I know it's my dad's off day, but I was borrowing a friend's game and he wants it back..."

He continued to look at the two men, hoping- praying in his head that they'd buy his lies. "He worked near the Bio-research area, but everything's been moved around..." he added, being honest this time. "Please? It's really important."

Vrans looked up at Fawn skittishly half expecting her to join in on the argument. But to his suprize she smiled at him and asked his name. "V-Vrans." he got out still a bit on edge with her standing so tall there.

After a few moments he clued in though that if she was going to make trouble she would have done so already. He slowly sat up feeling a bit better. At least the one not in the argument was near by. Made him feel safer.

The small teenage boy stared back at them with a strange expression on his face--it looked like he was nervous yet hopeful at the same time. Clyde frowned, unsure of what to think. Travers had slid off the counter by now and was already heading for the gate at the corner of the desks out into the lobby where the boy was, all ready to do some security work. That was certainly more interesting than boring office receptionist work, anyway.

The kid explained that he was Dr. Warren's son, and that he had left his Gameboy in the office previously; there was a game in there that his friend needed back. Clyde eyed the boy suspiciously and looked down at his computer, typing in the boy's supposed father's name to check if he actually was in the system. Much to his disappointment, Dr. Warren was entered into the database, and he looked back up.

"Well," he said cautiously, before leaning backward and stopping Travers from leaving the office space. If this kid's reasons were legitimate, then Clyde would have no reason to go with him up. "Alright, then. The bio-research level is on the sixth floor; they just moved it up from the fourth. Elevator's that way."

Travers smirked as he got back into his seat next to Clyde. "Kid, you better come back down soon with your Gameboy and be out that door. Don't make us regret lettin' you up there."

Toby

Toby nodded, smiling at the two men. "Thanks guys; I won't be long at all I hope," he said, heading for the elevator. He had a story now; he just had to stick to it. It wouldn't be long. Lemon was so close... He'd be able to hug his friend again soon.

It was a long elevator ride up, but he made it to the sixth floor with no delays. As the doors opened, he was greeted by the familiar cool and almost bitter-tasting air of the bio-research area. This place tested on animals, and had a small staff of vets employed to keep their subjects as healthy as possible. He knew most of the vet staff by name, and he also knew only two would be working today.

Josie he could deal with... She was nice, and always let him play with the smaller animals that were still safe to handle. He just didn't want to run into Dr. Horace. He was his dad's boss, and would probably be able to guess why he was really here.

He neared the doors to the small room where the animals were held, hearing the barking of dogs mostly. He cracked the door open, peeking in and seeing no one inside. There was a kennel on top of a cage. Maybe it was Lemon?

"Lemon?" he asked, walking into the room.

-

Lemon

Noise. Always noise. Loud animals never shut up. Lemon was quiet. Lemon was waiting. She was tired. Tired, and so hungry. Couldn't eat food here though; it tasted wrong.

Lemon. Voice say name? Why would voice call her? She lifted her head as face showed through bar-door on small box. Her eyes lie? Is really? Tobee!

She call him then rest head down again. So tired. So hungry... Too tired? Die now happy? Tobee has come. Will not die yet. Tobee came!

He made sound-words. Lemon. Lemon out. He open the bar-door, and took her out gently. His hand touches place where wing once was. Soft sound-words... Why Tobee's face wet? She licks away eye-water. It is salty.

Tobee pulls buk-bag off back. Opens and takes out small noise and picture box. Puts Lemon in opening and closes almost all the way. Lemon squeak. Tobee put on buk-bag again. Feel his warm back outside. She nuzzles. More sound-words. Lemon hush. Quiet. Lemon must keep quiet and still... Can do that. Will.

Galahon's eyes continued to glow yellow for a moment but Fawn's words seemed to get to him. The storm above them slowly subsided as the color in his eyes returned to normal until he finally returned fully to normal. He was still very angry, so angry he wanted to rend and tear more then talk, but the terrae had asked otherwise and he had given his oath a long time ago.

"Fine." He spat, turning from the water dragon and stalking away. The truth was the land meant little to him in terms of land, after all there were plenty of places the humans hadn't been to that were much nicer then this, he cared about it because his mate and him had claimed this area after they had fought for three days over the territory. The storm they had summoned nearly washed the valley out and they both realized that continuing meant neither could have it. Afterwards they had fallen in love and lived happily together. He wanted this valley because he could still smell her in the wind, see her in the sky, taste her in the deer. This valley was all he had left of her and he wasn't going to lose it.

Vrans slowly began to relax a bit more after the grey dragon seemed to calm a bit. He was still nerves though. so far the only cool headed one here was the one standing with him right now. And she had to almost tell them to quite fighting. He knew he looked to old but he wanted to hug her because at least right now he felt safe, like a hatchling hugging its mother.

((I'm back guys! all muddy from the outdoors (': Anything happen?

MY GOD VRANS IS SO CUTE. <33333 ))

The anger in Barwon's navy blue eyes ebbed some more as he saw that Galahon, too, agreed with Fawn's reasoning. What Fawn said was correct, what good would be done if they fought each other? Vrans was also getting frightened too, which Barwon highly disliked; Vrans was like having his younger brother back again. Before the Great Sleep, he remembered eagerly watching his mother's egg hatch into a small male hatchling. Barwon had named him Odern, meaning by the sea--precisely where Odern had been hatched. Barwon's other siblings were mostly older than him and he had been the more younger ones at the time, meaning that he had more to relate to with Odern. Barwon looked at the three others, a bit cooler now, watching Galahon stalk away on the shores towards the forest.

"Wait," he called to Galahon, and then turned to the two others; Vrans and Fawn. "Err, miss Fawn, where you headed? I mean, Vrans and I, we gonna go look for our families an' all. Same with you, Galahon."

Barwon wasn't sure if Galahon coming along with them--or just the two of them--were a good idea. From the looks of it, meaning what's happened between them so far, made it look like the two dragons definitely didn't get along. Barwon felt a rush of annoyance at the memory of Galahon repeating that it was his land. Whoever said it was his land? What mattered most, though, was that humans had already taken hold of it, calling it Hudson Bay or whatever.

((I'm not going to post as the npcs yet... Ryujin, would you like to play Dr. Horace? Feel free to let Galahon take a bite or two out of that mean guy.

and you know Agent, that post was adorable ... ohh Lemon :'( ))

Fawn

She looked back at Barwon. "I don't have any plans to speak of..." she said. "To be honest I just want to settle somewhere safe and start my healing business again." She smiled. "If it'd be possible, I'd like to get to know this place before traveling again; good luck to finding your families again however." She turned back to look at Vrans. "Vrans, that's a wonderful name."

Toby

Toby wiped the lingering tears from his eyes, starting out to door. It was a simple matter to get back to the elevator, get to ground floor, and get out of the building and to his bike. As he neared the elevator though the doors opened, and Dr. Horace walked out. "Uh oh..." Toby said quietly. This wasn't going to end well. He immediately turned and started toward the stairs instead, hoping he hadn't seen him yet.

Vrans smiled back a bit. This one seemed to be very kind, at least she seemed to be so far. He looked at Barwon as he spoke and then looked hopefully at Fawn. But she wanted to settle down. "Maybe we could help you find a safe spot to settle down in?" he suggested. He opened his wings "Barwon is looking for family... I don't really know what I'm looking for.... not entirly family... but something else." he said getting a confused look, then he looked at Fawn again "We could help you find a place to settle that is safe." he said again. the urge to hug was very strong now.

Fawn

"You must've been quite young when the sleep came, yes?" she asked Vrans. "I was actually a fair bit smaller myself when it hit me. I almost had to re-teach my legs how to work," she said as she smiled. "In any case, I wouldn't mind the company. Of course I can't follow you if Barwon leads the lot of us out to sea, but it'll likely be a while before that sort of crossroads."

Lemon

Tobee moves, out of noise place. Ding. Funny noise. Why Tobee stop? Lemon want to ask. No. Tobee said quiet. Tobee turn other way? Why? Tobee get lost, maybe? Looks out buk-bag hole. Bad white-coat man was that way! Doktor Horras. Makes hiss-sound at Doktor without realizing. Doktor looks at them. Sound-words from Doktor. Angry sound-words. Tobee running now. Buk-bag shaking up down up down. Lemon is sorry. Lemon hopes Tobee is not mad with her.