3 minutes ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

I have known of this for a while, and kind of wanted to join, as I do collect "Z" codes (as well as "V", and "Q", and "X", and "Y", and "J"...but I digress, heh)

The problem is...the required naming scheme interferes with my established naming scheme (which is my prefix, "VW's" in front of the names.)  Would it be possible to stick the " Z' " after my prefix and still have it count? (eg: "VW's Z'[dragon name])

Welcome to the thread! :)

It only counts as a Z name if it starts with z/Z'

You could use z'VW's dragon name or something like that. z' VW's dragon

I used to start all of mine, and still start many of mine, with Z'Random

4 hours ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

The problem is...the required naming scheme interferes with my established naming scheme (which is my prefix, "VW's" in front of the names.)  Would it be possible to stick the " Z' " after my prefix and still have it count? (eg: "VW's Z'[dragon name])

I actually have two dragons that don't follow that pattern. They were part of a very special collaborative breeding project and I am pretty sure @Coyote said it was okay in special cases.

I think probably not for all your Z dragons, though. :(

GROSSLY overvalued. Aeon - sure; good egg. But being a Z does NOT qualify for CB rares;.

I always see them up for rares, are people really over valuing Aeons? I almost never see an Aeon egg in the cave whenever I go looking for eggies. 

Guess I have allot more to learn about trading. :)

21 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

GROSSLY overvalued. Aeon - sure; good egg. But being a Z does NOT qualify for CB rares;.

As Lagie likes to say, it's worth an...aeon.  :D

4 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

As Lagie likes to say, it's worth an...aeon.  :D

Ahahah! Very true indeed that is :D

(Sometimes I speak like yoda, or try to..)

People do seem to think Zs are worth more than even WE believe they are.

How much is a z worth? At the very least I would guess 2 CB uncommon eggs/hatchlings would be equivalent to a z code?

21 minutes ago, ladyangeliki said:

How much is a z worth? At the very least I would guess 2 CB uncommon eggs/hatchlings would be equivalent to a z code?

It's like anything you collect--whatever someone is willing to pay.  The fact of the matter is that z's aren't really all that rare.  There are multiple z-codes in the left slot of every biome at the top of every hour.  Now rare z's (gold, silver, etc) might be worth more, but not to me.  All I care about is breeding lineages, so any caveborn will do.  I do look for my favorite sprites (stratos, cloudplumes, any pygmies, etc.), but otherwise I don't care.  The funny thing is that when a good trade comes up in the hub "such and such a z'egg for some cb hatchlings), I never have any cb hatchlings to trade because all I have are z's! :D

26 minutes ago, ladyangeliki said:

In answer to this, I often hatch out 3 common cbs from the AP, then trade them for one cb z'hatchling.  Works within an hour almost every time, but not always.

i have lots of luck with pb stripes for z's

especially if the trade has set for a while

unfortunately there are a lot of nice z's on non z scrolls because they couldn't get cb rare or spriters alt for a z stone!

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It really depends on someone's idea of "rare". I got the little hatchie for an Aeon egg and an Almandine. I think that was a fair exchange.

That seems pretty fair - I wouldn't have thought of those as rare !

They don't breed like rares, but I definitely do not see them often in the cave, let alone catch them.

Whenever I've been looking at trades and offered something wiki shows as rare., it usually seems like what they mean is metallic....

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It really depends on someone's idea of "rare". I got the little hatchie for an Aeon egg and an Almandine. I think that was a fair exchange.

An almandine is too valuable to me to trade away. At least at this moment in time it is. I put priority unto my breeding projects, and almandine is one I need allot of.

I am happy you got the cutie, a fair trade indeed ❤️

5 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

It's like anything you collect--whatever someone is willing to pay.  The fact of the matter is that z's aren't really all that rare.  There are multiple z-codes in the left slot of every biome at the top of every hour.  Now rare z's (gold, silver, etc) might be worth more, but not to me.  All I care about is breeding lineages, so any caveborn will do.  I do look for my favorite sprites (stratos, cloudplumes, any pygmies, etc.), but otherwise I don't care.  The funny thing is that when a good trade comes up in the hub "such and such a z'egg for some cb hatchlings), I never have any cb hatchlings to trade because all I have are z's! :D

In answer to this, I often hatch out 3 common cbs from the AP, then trade them for one cb z'hatchling.  Works within an hour almost every time, but not always.

3... I think 2 uncommon is near the worth of 3 commons? But yea that sounds about right, I think I would only do 3 uncommon if it was also a breed of dragon I like such as pyralspite, Pink, whites, florets, moonstone and hybrids. 

Value comes down to how much a person would offer, and overall it seems nearly everyone is on the same page.

For me personally, I do not like metallic dragons. I'm not sure what it is, I only favor the golden wyvern and *maybe* the lunar Herald. Bronze/gold tinsel I am going to have to live with once I start my floral crowned x bronze/gold tinsel lineage, but outside of that lineage and color I do not like them. I acknowledge their rarity but it just dose not appeal to me as much as florets, pyralspites, whites, daydreams... If I ever got a metallic dragon I'd trade it away in a heart beat for 3-4 uncommons of my choice. 

Edited by ladyangeliki

4 minutes ago, dragonpuck said:

offered

accepted, and i think ill keep that dummy egg, thank you! 🧡

Edited by InvaderAlexis

A couple of low time cb Z's from the AP.  On 2-way, dummy or send PM with gender requirement for hatching.

Greater Spotted Drake

Alcedine  Both went to random_dragon_collector, you're welcome!

Edited by Dracaena

56 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

accepted, and i think ill keep that dummy egg, thank you! 🧡

enjoy!

36 minutes ago, Cowfish249 said:

574808379_ScreenShot2021-03-26at15_49_02.png.998e21f18c1eea729a3b6d03609a5df3.png

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

(will name later. feel free to requet z' names!)

Grabbed this one, thanks!  

31 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

A couple of low time cb Z's from the AP.  On 2-way, dummy or send PM with gender requirement for hatching.

Greater Spotted Drake

Alcedine

I tossed in dummies, thanks!

Edited by random_dragon_collector