2 hours ago, BlueLatios said:

Also gone? I hope to a Project member!

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Misclicked on a Frostbite in the cave this morning

https://dragcave.net/teleport/bc18fc56fe082131bfb4ce8f57cd3373

Locked till somebody hatches! (I was late to the drop on Sunday. XD )

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Locked till somebody hatches! (I was late to the drop on Sunday. XD )

If you want it I can hold it for you.

27 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

If you want it I can hold it for you.

Thank you! :)

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Also gone? I hope to a Project member!

Ah right I forgot to update that. It did, and surprisingly, the Project Member in the Lairs & Layers! :D

3 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

Ah right I forgot to update that. It did, and surprisingly, the Project Member in the Lairs & Layers! :D

Awesome! Good to know! :D

so i have 9 z-code dragons that have already been named - i named them probably around the time i got 'em, which was mainly from december 2008 through like October 2009, and then another one in 2011 - well before renaming was a thing.  i think i'm going tweak their names so they can be counted here too. heh,

there's a link to my z'Dragons in my sig, if anyone's feeling curious at any point. :D 

Just wanted to document my worst breeding patch ever.  In the last day and a half, I've bred 533 z'pairs, and I got 7 z'eggs!  Just taking a normal 1 in 36 chance as a baseline (2.8%), I only got 1.3%!  Well, I'll take the 6 z-code new eggs over the weekend as my consolation prize!

just snagged a z'icy--post here and I'll pm you a link when it's off cooldown--

gone to purplehaze!

Edited by Brekke

On 3/22/2020 at 10:09 AM, random_dragon_collector said:

Z'new releases:  more than a year ago, I remember getting a number of z's at the start of the drop in the left slot.  At Valentine's Day this year, I found out that at the top of the hour, new eggs start at 0 and cycle through Z in the right slot.  I just checked it out at 10 am, and I think I have it now--the left hand will start with z and the right hand will start with 0.  Left goes backwards to A/0 and right goes forwards to Z.  That works sometimes at the 5 minute slots--but the drops are so short, it's hard to tell.  So my z'advice is this for new releases before old eggs mix in:  try for the first egg on the left, or patiently refresh until you get to z on the right, preferably at the top of the hour.  It's a pain when 2 eggs are in one biome, though--using this method, I've gotten a couple of extra "large" eggs when I wanted "icy."  But I also traded two non-z "icy" eggs for one z-code icy in the hub within 5 minutes.  If anybody else gives this a try--especially for the left slot, let me know what happens--

ETA:  yeah, didn't seem to happen at 10:20!  Though first left saw was a y-code...so top of the hour, that's the time to give it a try.

In the hub--3 cb z's in one trade!  https://dragcave.net/teleport/fb737392b5eb0b50d4608defc37331fd

@Herk thanks for the antarean!

Interesting. I always thought that they all dropped on the right side and moved across from right to left as the ones ahead of them were claimed. I missed checking this out during the flood for this release. However, as of last night even with other dragons mixed in, it did seem that they were falling more or less in alpha or reverse-alpha order in the biomes, but all did appear to move from the right hand side to the left as ones to the left of them were taken. I will have to pay more attention to that in future drops!

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Interesting. I always thought that they all dropped on the right side and moved across from right to left as the ones ahead of them were claimed. I missed checking this out during the flood for this release. However, as of last night even with other dragons mixed in, it did seem that they were falling more or less in alpha or reverse-alpha order in the biomes, but all did appear to move from the right hand side to the left as ones to the left of them were taken. I will have to pay more attention to that in future drops!

They used to!

They've been acting differently for a few weeks now. When I grab a far left egg, sometimes the next egg drops in that same slot.

Edited by Lagie

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I forgot about that!  They do move over!  Heck, you can track the last egg in the right to the left when the drop is over.

Maybe the answer is this:  when it's brand new eggs, they go so fast, not much IS moving over.  The last moves over--but for the first 3 or 4 minutes at the top of the hour, I think they get taken too fast to move over!  I think what I observed probably only works for new releases during the first few hours.  I remember very clearly getting z'eggs from the left slot of a new release--the boreals, maybe?  I remember that clearly.  But even if's only for the first few hours--it's good to know heading into the future!

ETA:   Hah!  Look at this!  A post of mine in this thread from August 26, 2018!!!

" So, 3 times in a row this morning the first new egg in a drop on the far left was a z (that I missed), so this time, I just clicked it when it came...no z, of course! "

I'd guess it only works the first few hours because the eggs are going so fast--

ETA #2:  Yep--that was about 10:30 AM Boreal release (not a bad memory, eh?)--so I saw it early on, but by 10:30 am, it didn't work that way anymore.  Though I guess my memory isn't THAT good--I MISSED them in the left slot! :D

Edited by random_dragon_collector

I think I did see a lot of z codes on the left yesterday, but I didn't click any of them fast enough. The one I caught this morning was on the right. Once the initial rush of collectors get their release-day eggs things usually slow down enough to allow code hunting.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

I think I did see a lot of z codes on the left yesterday, but I didn't click any of them fast enough. The one I caught this morning was on the right. Once the initial rush of collectors get their release-day eggs things usually slow down enough to allow code hunting.

I think code hunting is easier at the start because you don't need to read egg descriptions, just refresh and click codes.  New Releases are only one day a month on a weekend or holiday--I just always stay up all night and have a scroll-full of new z'eggs by 4 or 5 am.  I only do that because it's so seldom, of course!

1 minute ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I think code hunting is easier at the start because you don't need to read egg descriptions, just refresh and click codes.

My browser is not good about showing the code of a refreshed egg. I have to move it from the spot and then hover back over the egg and that takes too long during that initial rush. I used to be able to do it that way, but something changed. (I use Firefox)

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

My browser is not good about showing the code of a refreshed egg. I have to move it from the spot and then hover back over the egg and that takes too long during that initial rush. I used to be able to do it that way, but something changed. (I use Firefox)

Ah--yeah, computer, browser, and connection definitely makes a difference.