3. Yes it does. It will ultimately wind up in the database in italics.

4. In the database all caveborn dragons are listed as Caveborn. No matter what you put, I'm always going to change them to Caveborn.

5. You're right, there is no breed on the template. Someone decided to add the breed to their reporting and so some people have it in their records. I don't add it to the records, which is why the original template doesn't have it.

I had no idea you wanted some in italics (what EXACTLY ? Just parents?), or that you preferred "Caveborn". Sorry biggrin.gif Will edit those you've not copied over yet. smile.gif

I always leave breed in there in case of - well, um you know... xd.png It helped me fix it laugh.gif But if it is in any way a nuisance I can leave it out. (For the same reason, I won't edit my last post to put them in alph order, in case... but in future I will sort them that way before I post them smile.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

I found a z'BBW (2nd gen from Canopy) in the Mint wall:

Edit: incu-hatching it, will add hatchie teleport later

---

I left you an offer. I hope you don't throw him away AND you get him in time.

Most unexpected "dummy" I ever got. Thanks again. biggrin.gif

And thanks for answering my questions!

Things I'll change in my reportings from now on:

- Type Male / Female instead of m / f

- "Caveborn" instead of "None" in the lineage row

- Alphabetical order when I'm reporting more than one

... Which leads to another question - what is the sort order of upper/lower case letters and numbers? For example, how would the following codes be sorted?

z1234

za123

zA123

Za123

ZA123

za234

ZA234

3. Yes it does. It will ultimately wind up in the database in italics.

So the "origin" row should be in italics when it is "Cave", but not when it was a gift? (That's how it is in the first post.)

4. In the database all caveborn dragons are listed as Caveborn. No matter what you put, I'm always going to change them to Caveborn.

I suggest changing the "LINEAGE: None" to "LINEAGE: Caveborn" in the example in the first post, then whoever looks it up there will use "Caveborn". (And also change the "ORIGIN: Caveborn" to "ORIGIN: Cave" since you said that is the better term for the origin.

Since they were in this post, I also added dragons 297-300 to your Z Records! Congratulations on reaching 300!

Thank you! ^^

Edited by Confused Cat

Haha, I was about to ask the same - if upper/lowercase matters or not, or if you go by ASCII sorting (numbers, uppercase, lowercase).

Also, may I ask what the "dummy" was? smile.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I have this CB Crimson Flare.

And in response to discussion earlier. I really do not like the pygmies. I picked it up for the project but there is NO WAY i am keeping this one. (not even making it a two way)

Claim my eggs/hatchlings! ZBK3j

I had no idea you wanted some in italics (what EXACTLY ? Just parents?), or that you preferred "Caveborn". ....

I always leave breed in there in case of - well, um you know... xd.png  It helped me fix it laugh.gif But if it is in any way a nuisance I can leave it out.....

No worries. There are so many different ways that everyone posts their dragons, I've gotten used to crazy posts smile.gif I put 'Caveborn' in italics (for lineage) as well as the breeds of the parents. If you want to put breed, I don't mind at all. I've added breed to the records where they've shown up. Thanks for doing your best to help me out. I appreciate it!

So the "origin" row should be in italics when it is "Cave", but not when it was a gift? (That's how it is in the first post.)

Thanks for the suggestion. I edited it. Should have been that way from the start.

I suggest changing the "LINEAGE: None" to "LINEAGE: Caveborn" in the example in the first post, then whoever looks it up there will use "Caveborn". (And also change the "ORIGIN: Caveborn" to "ORIGIN: Cave" since you said that is the better term for the origin.

Origin won't be italicized. It's only 'Caveborn' in the Lineage that is italicized.

z1234

za123

zA123

Za123

ZA123

za234

ZA234

Here's how I alphabetize them in Z'Database.

z1234

za123

za234

zA123

Za123

ZA123

ZA234

Haha, I was about to ask the same - if upper/lowercase matters or not, or if you go by ASCII sorting (numbers, uppercase, lowercase).

Uppercase and Lower case does matter. I have been alphabetizing by capital 'Z' and then lower case 'z'; however I realized not long ago that lower case 'z' goes before the upper case. >_< Means I'll likely have to re-sort everything again so the lower case is first.

Also, may I ask what the "dummy" was? smile.gif

The 'dummy' was a 3rd gen shimmer I had on my scroll. Yes, Dream Walker is open to requests.

Edited by Coyote

I also picked up this lovely Z'Saphire. I already have one but not a pair so i would not object to keeping it. (if it hatches it will be male)

If any of you have no Z Saphies at all yet please send me a PM and i will send it to you.

I will be open to PMs as long as it is not grown up.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/zCDgk

==

Same goes for this lovely Z'Pyro that i just traded for.

I already have one but no pair so I would not mind keeping it but if you have no cb Z'Pyros at all feel free to PM me and it is yours, if no one PMs I will hatch this one male too.

Also on the table as long as it is not grown up Claimec by Fuzz

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Zr7fY

==

For both eggs I do reserve the right to incubate and hatch as long as I have not received a PM from anyone.

Edited by Pattekat

Question for Coyote:

If we are entering all the information on the Google doc form do we need to worry about italics and all that? I am using that because it is just easier for me than entering at Lairs, but I assumed that everything would come out the way you need it on the other end.

I can do alpha order with each of my entries, if that makes a difference.

So basically, no matter where I put my dragons or how much I try (and I HAVE been trying no matter how wrong it might be) I keep getting it wrong. I must be the dumbest person on earth.

I stopped posting at L&L because I could never get it right and it was making work for you. Started using the spreadsheet and now Tsarlena says: "Let's face it, there are people out there that like to post things their own way."

If that person is me, I'm not intending to, so if I'm getting it wrong on the spreadsheet that's another fail. The sad thing is I yanked lots of my posts and was intending to put them in the spreadsheet - but now I'm half afraid to. Also I can no longer find the document (I have the link for entering them, but can't find the actual document any more - would love to be able to check it to make sure I'm not duplicating - could someone send me the link).

And now I find out that italics are required here and I'm pretty sure my Origin fields have never been italicized, so that's another fail.

So I want to apologize, Coyote and Tsarlena, because apparently this is all too complicated for my brain and doing nothing but making work for you two. I'll keep trying though, but only here, and maybe one day I'll get one entered right.

Dee

Awe, I wouldn't worry too much, Calenmir. I stopped posting on the L&L site a while back because I didn't want to duplicate my entries, making more work cut out for Coyote and Tsarlena. So now I just post them here, even though it sounds like it'll take a long time for them to go through them all. I think the moral of the story is...we should all try to be very patient. This is a pretty big lineage group, and I think the complications of all of this is a sign that Coyote's doing an excellent job! laugh.gif

But you don't duplicate them if you don't post them here.... That's the ONLY place I post mine. And I haven't been italicising, either.

Why not just post them on L&L and let Coyote sort them....

ETA Coyote - EXACTLY what do you want italicised ? I shall carry on Lairsing, but I would love to format them EXACTLY as you wish.

Edited by fuzzbucket

But you don't duplicate them if you don't post them here.... That's the ONLY place I post mine. And I haven't been italicising, either.

Why not just post them on L&L and let Coyote sort them....

That's actually laughable (if you are me). I have been told 3 times that I'm not getting it right on L&L (PLEASE NOTE: it is because I asked if I was and was very politely told 'no'. I was not singled out and I doubt would have been told anything if I hadn't asked). So after three fails, L&L is out for me as an entry point.

Dee

As I understood it, dealing with every single entry, looking at them and, you know, *dealing* with each dragon is actually the fun for Coyote in this project (even if it takes lots of time) so I don't think not "getting it right" is really an issue as long as you get close to it. *shrugs* You're trying, and you're finding pretty z's for others to try, too. smile.gif

Personally, I prefer the google form because it means I won't have to deal with formatting or somesuch, and it means that maybe one day Tsarlena or Coyote can write a little script that automagically turns those spreadsheet lines into the exact shape they want it. The google form just seems to be the most fool-proof way for me xd.png

zTYAu

NAME: Z' Mystic Blue

ORIGIN: Gift

LINEAGE: Two headed: x Two headed:

ZdhZi

NAME: Z' Magical Cumin

ORIGIN: Gift

LINEAGE: Magi: x Red:

Edited by WaterDroplet

Question for Coyote:

If we are entering all the information on the Google doc form do we need to worry about italics and all that? I am using that because it is just easier for me than entering at Lairs, but I assumed that everything would come out the way you need it on the other end.

I can do alpha order with each of my entries, if that makes a difference.

Nope, it doesn't matter if you italicize them or not when entering them into the Google docs. I really appreciate the fact you're putting them into the Lairs pages, it's nice to see the pages being used! Although I would truly appreciate it if you alphabetized them, I'm not going to make it mandatory.

Tsar'Lena has in fact created a beautiful program that reconstructs the entries into exactly the format I want. The Google docs are great for another reason too - we can easily sort them and discover if there are duplicates, so they get deleted prior to continuing to be processed.

Comments made about no one entering it in the same way are just a statement of fact. There are lots of people who don't enter them the same way because you know, it happens. I've been (and still am) involved in different projects on DC Forum and other places. If there is an entry form involved, someone is going to mix something up ... or you do it on accident because you're tired. It happens. No one is being singled out and no one in particular is to blame. If you ask me, I'll tell you, otherwise, I'm not going to say anything because it would be rude and callous to single someone out like that.

Even I screw up! I found four entries in fuzzbucket's record the other day that had no picture on them. They were just links to the lineages. And yesterday I found three entries in my record that were completely alphabetized wrong (Zn does NOT go with Zp).

My point is, it happens. Whether here or anywhere else. That's one of the reasons the formate is as simple as possible, so that there is less of a chance of it happening. Even so, no matter what condition I find the records, I'll correct them and enter them into Z'Database.

And yes, half the fun for me is to see how many amazing people are involved in the project. We have over 300 people on the Participants list and I haven't even added everyone I see posting on this thread! It is so astounding the number of people who have come to love Zs as much as I do.

The comments of my last post were made in general.

Posting with Sites:

If you want to know how Coyote wants you to post your dragons on either DC or L&L, there is a code you can copy off the first post. That even has what should be in italics.

Posting with Google Form:

If you are using the Google form entry, just put it in plain. No italics or bold needed. I do sort the sheet by owner name to pull dragons off the main sheet into a tab, resorting the dragons into A to Z. So you don't have to sort them when you are posting them into the Google form.

I have, in fact, it set up to export into the desired bbc coding for the record. Nicer on the fingers.

A few days ago I exported 77 dragons for Coyote to put into the record later. Means they gathered from the main sheet into a tab, quick checked for double posting in the sheet, then quick checked to see if they were in the record, Finally exported into formatted docs ready to slide into the record.

And yeah.... Coyote said it all. Love his mastery over the writen word. smile.gif

I have this CB Crimson Flare. 

And in response to discussion earlier. I really do not like the pygmies. I picked it up for the project but there is NO WAY i am keeping this one. (not even making it a two way)

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!  ZBK3j

Off to work in a bit so bumping this, it will be incuhatchable soon, take it off my hands pretty please. I will love you for ever if you do!

I am not bumping the Saphie coz I do not mind keeping but I do not mind sharing him either so feel free to PM still. The pyro has left me to live with Fuzz and is very happy on her scroll.