Fandom Addict

Fake Low Gen Tinsels

So this sudden trend in lineage shortening is affecting a lot of peoples dragons, they are finding that their dragons suddenly don't have the lineage it used to. It doesn't just affect the dragons of the person shortening the lineage and I don't think that is a good thing. Especially if someone is using a dragon for lineage purposes only to find their lineage completely messed up by the owner of a dragon in their lineage killing some dragons to make a 'neat' lineage.

Yeah, somebody traded me an even-gen egg I was going to use as a mate for an even-gen tinsel, but then they killed one of its parents so that its half-sibling could be a fake CB. It's really frustrating when that happens, and I wish I remembered who traded it to me because I sure wouldn't want to trade with them again.

But honestly, that could happen at any time anyway. Scrolls get burnt, players become inactive, names get wiped or changed, people's siblings kill their dragons, and people try to make zombies or fake CB's. It's part of the game, so we just have to roll with it.

I had no opinion of this one way or the other until a little while ago, because what people do to their own dragons is ultimately their business. But now I have a dragon with a shortened lineage & I feel incredibly cheated.

I had the good luck a week ago to catch a gold tinsel on the AP from the Apollo line. It was 8th gen & a bit messy, but clean, & I was just happy to have a gold NOT from Gold Epica. tongue.gif

I had plans to breed him with a 4th gen to try & tidy up the lineage as best I could. He grew up yesterday & while he did not produce an egg on his first try, at least he didn't refuse his intended.

I went to look at his lineage again tonight & found that the 5th gen gold has been killed off, effectively cutting off the messy part of the line & turning my gold into a pseudo 4th gen. What I find the most annoying is being cut off permanently from my dragon's beginning ancestry, namely the proof of him being descended from Apollo. It's hard enough to try trading for the harder to get lines; my lucky AP find now feels more like a joke.

I know that in the end this is just a pixel-collecting game & as I already said, people can & will do what they want with their dragons... that is their right. I guess what I don't like about this lineage-pruning trend is when it ends up affecting me. I liked the dragon I had, not the one I have now. And I never had a say in the matter.

Thank you all for your opinions. smile.gif I'm still thinking of doing it, but only as a line for me before I kill any Tinsel, if I ever trade then I will mention about the doctored line and only ask for things like common hatchlings. If someone doesn't have a Tinsel, I will gladly gift them an offspring of my other lineage Tinsel's. smile.gif Just PM!

I think that making "fake" low gen tinsels is okay, but under certain circumstances. I wouldn't remake a lineage unless it was seriously messed up, like inbred or so messy that you can't even distinguish a pattern. While those dragons do have their uses (freezing, gifting to newbies who have none at all), you can't do much with them. When you "remake" a tinsel lineage for your own purposes, you can make a new and pretty lineage with it.

You can't get "tricked" by a faked low gen tinsel because of the tombstones, so I really don't think that's a problem. Still, I probably wouldn't make any for trading, but I probably would for gifting.

I don't think this devalues the real tinsels for a couple of reasons. Firstly, these are mainly done for personal lineages. Most people aren't trading these away. And secondly, more seasoned players know the value of a real tinsel. I think that only newbies would think that the faked low gen tinsels are more valuable, and even then they will eventually realize that real ones are better when they can't trade for much. But really, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I would prefer a "second gen" faked tinsel to a real tinsel that didn't have a semblance of a clear lineage, which I can't do anything with.

I don't think it's right to kill off a tinsel that has children. That ruins the all the parts of the lineage that come after it. It would be much better to breed an egg from that dragon, let the egg grow up, and then breed it again. Then kill the dragon in the middle. That would take more time, but it also preserves the other lineage.

Those are my two cents. smile.gif

I don't mind them, if they don't harm other players' playing style, and in fact, I traded for one today. I'm looking forward to continuing the *new* lineage.

I'm planning to do the same with some of my messy tinsels as a lineage. However I wouldn't try to trade it unless somebody wanted a tin from that lineage. Or I was looking for other tins that were similar.

there are 30 CB tinsel , if they kill one of the CB tinsel and CB tinsel population to 25-27 cb tinsel so there are 4 cb gold tinsel i think ??

look at the lineage http://dragcave.net/lineage/uhmSm

well i am confused and i don't get it

Edited by khanhs

Personally, I don't see an issue with it now that I have one on my scroll from another player. I quite like it. And, really, I don't see it as a huge issue since we "kill" every day for a variety of reasons--ND experiments, vamp bites, zombies, earthquake and more directed kills for lineage reasons. So there have always been at various points in lineages tombstones that have popped up from time to time. And in trading? Nothing is hidden that I can see. I always post the lineage. Those that want them -- went them. Those that don't pass on them. And that's pretty much the same way with all trades isn't it?

Edited by Misha

there are 30 cb tinsel ,  if they kill of one the cb tinsel and cb tinsel poputlation to 25-27 cb tinsel    right now there 4 cb gold tinsel  I THINK

There are 31 CB tinsels and all the owners have at least 10 people on their lists, some have many many more.

EDIT: apart from those who don't want contact

Edited by DarkEternity

There are 31 CB tinsels and all the owners have at least 10 people on their lists, some have many many more.

EDIT: apart from those who don't want contact

thank you biggrin.gif i thought it was 30 cb tinsel maybe i was wrong >.> and misha you got a good point

Edited by khanhs

I don't consider dragons with tombstones "fake" anything, unless there is intent to deceive. I call the ones (not tinsels) that I have "trimmed" lineages or "orphaned" dragons. I'll be starting a line or three of tinsels with this sort of lineage eventually. Right now all I have is an "orphaned" alt black and a "trimmed" silver. I didn't kill the parents, as I don't own them. But I don't mind their altered lineages either.

I would willingly trade eggs from them as well (if they'd ever give me eggs) but I would be clear and upfront that there are tombstones in the lineage.

My silver Tinsel is a fake low-gen. I don't care, personally. I never care about lineages. It's a freaking Tinsel!!!

The cool thing about killing for lineages is they could all be siblings and you would never know. Muahahaha!

But seriously. I was going to do this, but then I got tired of all the tinsel hype and just sort of lost all motivation.

Though I don't have a problem with it, obviously. :b

The cool thing about killing for lineages is they could all be siblings and you would never know. Muahahaha!

back when metallics were breeding out of control, I managed to snag twin gold eggs from the AP. They were 2nd gen (CB gold x CB green). Not too long after that the breeder killed the green parent. The other month I was re-organizing my breeding pairs (now that we can do rare x rare breedings) and noticed that the gold parent of the twins is now also deceased. I don't know if the owner deliberately killed their CB gold or if they had their scroll burned. But - now I am free to breed them together and not have to worry about people getting skitzed over 'inbreeding' -- they'll just assume that the dead parents are from long messy lines and not believe me if I said they really were CB dragons from the start.

Is it just me or do the tombstones not disappear now? When I checked the lineage of a fake CB alt black, there were no tombstones, but now I always see them. Is this a new change?

I have an even 4th gen PB silver I need to find a mate for:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ilGJe

Hey, I have a sibling of this one. And I like it very much!

I plan to breed a mate and kill the "1st" gen to create a similar lineage, but I habe not yet decided what dragon I should use... well, pinks look very pretty with silver tinsels. wub.gif

Edited by kunigund

Is it just me or do the tombstones not disappear now? When I checked the lineage of a fake CB alt black, there were no tombstones, but now I always see them. Is this a new change?

Faked (or glitched) CB alt blacks have tombstones for parents.

There ARE real CB alt blacks that were given out as honorable mention prizes to people from the tree decorating prize last winter if that was the dragon they chose.

So if an alt black has NO tombstones for parents then it is a legit prize dragon.

I'd rather have a real tinsel descended from one of the prizes than a faker. After all, the dragons have dates on them, so it's easy to tell. tinsels are so valuable, I don't see the point in killing them.

I am making a bunch of "fake" tinsels ... like these

http://dragcave.net/lineage/VOeuX This is the prototype (only inbred to see how the lineage will look with ONLY silver tins), and the Name "Dead Line" will be given to any of those tinsels I´m making.

There are 16 Tinsels, currently sitting on my scroll, that are going to be fake 2nd gens.

I have to say, it´s not for everyone a nice project, but I rather like it.

And people like it too, given the amount of offers and what I´m being offered for my 3rd gen pb dead lines.

Faked (or glitched) CB alt blacks have tombstones for parents.

There ARE real CB alt blacks that were given out as honorable mention prizes to people from the tree decorating prize last winter if that was the dragon they chose.

So if an alt black has NO tombstones for parents then it is a legit prize dragon.

And as a secondary check if you so desire, you can check the stolen date. It'll be 13th of Feb, 2011 for all prize dragons. :3