dragon_mando

5 Hour Wait and Teleport

Should 5 Hr. Teleport Wait be Removed?  

432 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It would be great. Also, if I could start a teleport with the freshly caught egg, even if it stays on my scroll. I could get offers on it!

Still waiting for this. It's 100% annoying to pick up an egg that I'm just going to give away to someone else and have to go to bed and wake up before I can even give them a teleport.

Very much so. Maybe make it so that you can't take the egg until the wait is up, but allow it to be placed in a teleport. It's so frustrating when you catch an egg for someone, but by the time the cooldown ends you're in bed or forgot about the egg and it's a while before you remember to send the teleport. Just being able to send it but the recipient can't abandon it until the 5 hours are up would work too.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Love this idea.

It sucks to tell someone during an offer "the egg is on CD, could you wait?" only for them to trade the dragon off because they did not want to wait 5 hours rolleyes.gif

Very much so.  Maybe make it so that you can't take the egg until the wait is up, but allow it to be placed in a teleport.  It's so frustrating when you catch an egg for someone, but by the time the cooldown ends you're in bed or forgot about the egg and it's a while before you remember to send the teleport.  Just being able to send it but the recipient can't abandon it until the 5 hours are up would work too.

Yes and no.

Yes to putting it in teleport at once and the recipient having to wait out the CD, but having it there ready to roll.

NO to that teleport being pickupable (this is now a word because I say so laugh.gif) till the CD is up because it would be so easy to shed unwanted eggs by multiscrolling. I can live without people trading elsewhere because they didn't want to wait.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I agree that letting you make the teleport but then having to wait for the cooldown to end to be able to transfer the egg is best. I added the last sentence because I looked at the thread and realized that was actually the suggestion. xP

It would be really nice for trading too. It would end the "I have X egg but no teleport because it's on cooldown" posts. Just make the teleport and let people offer, but you can't accept an offer for 5 hours. Simple.

I like the idea of the cool down transferring with the egg. The ability to create a transport link, but not accept offers until the egg is off cool down is my second choice, because it doesn't really work for gifting.

I like the idea of the cool down transferring with the egg. The ability to create a transport link, but not accept offers until the egg is off cool down is my second choice, because it doesn't really work for gifting.

I would still be concerned about the temptation to multiscroll if the CD didn't keep it on the original scroll.

It does work for gifting. Someone gives me a lovely CB egg - I will wait 5 hours; of course I will !

This would be so useful, I really see it now when I try to gift CB new releases to friends who can't catch any and I always have to wait 5 hours so that only allows me 3 batches a day... And all those eggs that went off my scroll are permanently placed into their new homes and by me just a waste of 5 hours wait to use teleport sleep.gif

A lot of times, I catch an egg that I'm going to trade right before bed. It'd be really nice just to be able to put up the trade, rather than having to wait 12 hours until I've slept, woken up, and found time to come post the trade. If I could get it up earlier, people could see it earlier, even if it'll still be a wait before I can accept an offer, either because of cooldown or because I'm afk.

I'd love if you could pop a fresh CB egg into a teleport immediately, even if others have to wait 5 hours to bid on it/accept it. That wpuld be amazing.

A lot of times, I catch an egg that I'm going to trade right before bed. It'd be really nice just to be able to put up the trade, rather than having to wait 12 hours until I've slept, woken up, and found time to come post the trade. If I could get it up earlier, people could see it earlier, even if it'll still be a wait before I can accept an offer, either because of cooldown or because I'm afk.

DEFINITELY - you have no idea how much I'm for this. This game is played around the world and the 5 hour wait effecively results in a 10-15 hour wait which is stooo-pid IMO.