dragon_mando

5 Hour Wait and Teleport

Should 5 Hr. Teleport Wait be Removed?  

432 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Regardless of the reasons for wanting it shortened, I think the wait should stay as it is. If you misclick, you should have to wait. If you want to gift, you should have to wait.

Regardless of the reasons for wanting it shortened, I think the wait should stay as it is. If you misclick, you should have to wait. If you want to gift, you should have to wait.

I'd have no quarrel with being able to put an egg in a teleport as soon as you get it - as long as it cannot be PICKED UP until the 5 hours is up.

You catch that CB ice you promised someone. You have to go out for the day. They are on the other side of the world and waiting. You want to breed when you get home, but the current way you have to set up the teleport THEN and wait till the other person shows up. But by then they have gone to bed...

This way they get the link right away, and it says "you cannot accept this egg until x hours have passed". Just like it does when you want to abandon.

The waiting 5hours is for 'stop abandon'

some user runs '2nd(and maybe3rd)ID' and it can used for abandon

I don't even understand that - but if it is a way to get around it (2nd ID suggests multiscrolling) that should NOT be able to happen mad.gif

I think this is a pretty good idea, I want the 5 hour abandon period there but it would help if I could trade a CB egg when I wanted to and half the time I only get CB eggs when trading with someone (sometimes by accident) and when I have to wait 5 hours then the trade has a higher chance of already being closed with someone else.

I just hate being egg locked if I accidentally grab the wrong egg smile.gif

I do think the WAIT needs to stay (click more carefully... xd.png) but that entering a waiting egg into a teleport should be possible - just not actionable till the 5 hours is up.

In my experience PMing the trader and showing that you HAVE the egg (but not saying you WILL CATCH IT !) - if you are the first to make contact, I've found that they usually say fine,

I'd have no quarrel with being able to put an egg in a teleport as soon as you get it - as long as it cannot be PICKED UP until the 5 hours is up.

You catch that CB ice you promised someone. You have to go out for the day. They are on the other side of the world and waiting. You want to breed when you get home, but the current way you have to set up the teleport THEN and wait till the other person shows up. But by then they have gone to bed...

This way they get the link right away, and it says "you cannot accept this egg until x hours have passed". Just like it does when you want to abandon.

This! I don't mind the wait (much xd.png) but I'd love to be able to add them to a teleport during that five hours. I run in to the same problem with time zones and it would be great if I could send someone the link and then log off, instead of having to remember to come back in 5 hours (for example)

It would also be nice to be able to entertain offers during that five hours without having the use PMs. I find that many people are intimidated by PMs or else just prefer the ease of trade links... I rarely get offers when I say "PM me!" but then if I put a trade link instead I will suddenly get a flood of them laugh.gif

+support

Hypothetical: Somebody catches a CB uncommon. They don't want any more of that breed, but maybe wish to get something in exchange for it.

This is perfect!

One issue is it would encourage multi-accounts. People would be tempted to make an account(s) to dump mis-clicks on.

As I believe others have brought up it also has the problem of during releases quick clickers catching their limit, trading them away for hatchlings or IOUs, and locking themselves up again and doing it over and over. The 5 hour wait takes them out of the game for a while and gives people who aren't as good at catching eggs a chance.

I do think the WAIT needs to stay (click more carefully... xd.png) but that entering a waiting egg into a teleport should be possible - just not actionable till the 5 hours is up.

Yup, I'm in favor of this option too. It'd be much easier to set up trades during cooldown because people seem to like offering on an existing link.

I like the five hour wait for the actual transfer, though, and I'm one of those quick clickers and traders. Frankly, if I could keep catching and trading eggs I'd never get anything else done. laugh.gif

As a different tentative compromise, maybe if we had a limit on how many cooldown eggs we could teleport per hour/day/whatever? I feel like someone suggested a BSA along those lines already, but I'd prefer a limit per scroll to a typical BSA cooldown period.

Agreed. The ability to MAKE the teleport [and perhaps even accept a trade!] before the 5 hours is up, but the eggs cannot change hands until the cooldown is over.

What would be awesome would be the ability to accept a transfer of eggs still on cooldown [perhaps they the number of slots needed is reserved] and once cooldown is over they automatically transfer to your scroll. That way if someone catches an egg and wants to gift it to you right before you have to get off the computer for an extended period of time [bed, school, etc] you can accept the transfer and when you get on next the eggs will be yours, freeing your friend's scroll at the 5 hour mark instead of the 8 or 12 or more hours it might take for you to get on again.

What would be awesome would be the ability to accept a transfer of eggs still on cooldown [perhaps they the number of slots needed is reserved] and once cooldown is over they automatically transfer to your scroll.

I agree with this so hard, you have no idea. I actually like cooldown as a catching limitation, but this would make international trades so much easier without interfering with a fundamental rule of the game.

I'd love to be able to make teleports for eggs which aren't off cooldown yet, even if they can't be transfered until 5 hours are up.

I'd love "signing up" eggs/etc for trades before they can go through. Still keeps people from spam-dumping caveblockers, but reduces the hassle of trading a little. (Yes, I know, trading isn't a hassle like it used to be, but let's be honest-- does forcing people to come back to deal with putting fresh-caught CBs in trades or the like in five hours improve the game? I don't think it does.)

Agreed.  The ability to MAKE the teleport [and perhaps even accept a trade!] before the 5 hours is up, but the eggs cannot change hands until the cooldown is over.

This.

I also lost many trades due to cool down so this option would be cool, but the waiting period needs to stay so it would be best if a CD egg's trade can be accepted and it auto trades once it is off CD.

I totally support overriding CD with teleport, with one little tweak - I really think it would it be better for the CD to follow the egg, rather than waiting for the CD to end for auto-transfer.

It seems like a better option to me, because we'd still have the CD, but it would already be on its new owner's scroll, so shouldn't matter - they'll be happy to have the egg, and wouldn't be abandoning it anyway. If they're 'brokering' the egg (ie not the final scroll/home for the egg), they could simply put it in a new teleport (with the CD still following the egg), hopefully reaching its final home at that point.

This would be better for a few reasons, including both owners being able to influence/incubate their new eggs immediately, rather than waiting. There would be no trade prejudice, like "Well, I can have egg A immediately, why wait for egg B to be transferred?". I'm sure there's more, but these are the main two I can think of.

I really don't think it would encourage multi-scrolling, as people who will break the rules will make up a reason to justify it no matter what. (And this would be incredibly easy for TJ to spot anyway, since his anti-multi-scrolling ninja software would spot this within days of it starting. ninja.gif)

Regardless, I totally support, and just want it to happen, in whatever form it takes, or whatever's easiest to code. happy.gif

ETA bit about multi-scrolling, bolded to make sure it gets seen, what with the wall o' text. rolleyes.gif

Edited by ShaladorsLady

Sorry for the double-post, but it's been awhile, and I think this topic needs bumping. :/

Also, thought of another advantage: if we can teleport just-caught eggs immediately without having to wait, we could gift those eggs on the forum/IRC/wherever. So, those cave blockers don't become annoying AP blockers, and everyone's happy - the player who misclicked can become unlocked right away, the giftee gets an egg they were looking for and the cave hunters get their cave back, because the AP won't get clogged as often with CB commons. Not to mention keeping the cave moving, because players will be more likely to grab those commons if the perceived penalty is lessened.

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything like this, so if it has already been suggested or this idea has been turned down before then feel free to close the topic.

Now, I understand the importance of having a freshly caught egg requiring one to wait before abandoning, but I'm not keen on the wait being so long when it comes to trading these eggs. Perhaps it's possible to abuse trading to bypass the wait time by sending it to someone and then having them abandon it, but that seems like a lot of work and a waste of time. Personally, I don't see a reason why it should be a problem to trade a newly caught egg, but maybe it's just me.

Why should the time be reduced or removed? When someone sees a trade they really like and have the capability to quickly catch those eggs from the biomes and make an offer, they cannot because they are required to wait 5 hours. Now, 5 hours can seem like not that much time, but in those 5 hours the trade could already be accepted, cancelled, the eggs/hatchlings grew up, or maybe you're just not able to be online at that time.

I'd prefer that the wait time be completely removed for trades only (it can stay for normal abandoning), but perhaps an hour or so to be able to trade would also work?

Thoughts? Comments?

Considerations and Suggestion Goals:

~ Make it so that traded eggs will still require being 5 hours old before they can be abandoned.

Edited by XDragon52

I'd like to see us able to trade eggs before the 5 hours, personally. I'd imagine the egg could still have the abandon-lock on it, to prevent it from getting dumped after a trade (I mean, people do influence-bounces for a wrong influence, I could imagine a similar abandon-assist system if it wasn't still prevented from abandonment).

But it'd be nice to be able to trade right away, I think.

Multi-scrolling.

What if someone picks up eggs and dumps them into his/her other scroll?

If they did, then both their scrolls would get burned?

EDIT: If someone is using two scrolls for that purpose, then it's against the rules so that'd be their fault anyways. If they traded to a family member's scroll to abandon, then I guess abandon limits should remain despite trading.

Edited by XDragon52

Multi-scrolling.

What if someone picks up eggs and dumps them into his/her other scroll?

I don't really see how that'd be different than it is now. Right now if they multi-scroll they just lock themselves on one scroll, and if they don't end up with what they want they go to another scroll.

I think if the abandon limit remains after the egg is traded it'd be really nice to have the wait time reduced/removed. It's a little frustrating to have an egg that you'd really like to trade with but need to wait another hour before you can offer it.

I think if the abandon limit remains after the egg is traded it'd be really nice to have the wait time reduced/removed. It's a little frustrating to have an egg that you'd really like to trade with but need to wait another hour before you can offer it.

I second this. As long as the traded egg keeps the anti-abandon wait time, like incubated eggs gain their day back and influenced eggs lose influence, I'm in support of it.