dragon_mando

5 Hour Wait and Teleport

Should 5 Hr. Teleport Wait be Removed?  

432 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It makes such solid good sense to transfer the remainder of the Cave-caught wait with the egg to the person it was caught for/a prospective trader or giftee.

I have always heard that the only purpose of the 5-hour wait on Cave-caught eggs (which may extend beyond the length of DC time any number of people might actually have on any particular day, thereby tying up their entire DC day) was to prevent people from directly dumping Cave Blockers onto the AP and this is still achieved by doing it this far more sensible way.

I'm sure that many of us try to keep in mind that various people are looking for various eggs which we may try to catch for them when we see them.

And it honestly seems rather more than silly that they may have to stay up late and miss sleep to get their gift or that the gifter/trader otherwise has to hold on to an egg for someone online at the time who may not even be able to get online the next day(s) due to trips or visits.

As long as that 5-hour wait is maintained to protect the AP, why put people to this amount of annoyance and inconvenience to no apparent purpose?

Sleep deprivation may be common to many of us, but seriously, why add to it?

No-one has to click on a CB egg, so why is there a problem with having to wait to abandon it ? The easy answer - if you don't want it - don't click on it... xd.png

As someone looking for Stripes and getting Spitfires, this statement annoys me no end...

I support this! I once caught a CB Black in the evening, then had to go to sleep and so couldn't stick it in the Trade until morning- a ten-hour or more gap I could have been using to attract attention and offers.

As someone looking for Stripes and getting Spitfires, this statement annoys me no end...

I support this! I once caught a CB Black in the evening, then had to go to sleep and so couldn't stick it in the Trade until morning- a ten-hour or more gap I could have been using to attract attention and offers.

Hunt in the forest, and not in the desert.

As to the actual suggestion, I think it's a great idea and I'd love to be able to trade fresh CBs. The whole point of the wait seems to be to stop those eggs hitting the AP before you log off for the day (and presumably to make you forget about them so that you will raise them even though you don't want them? lol), so if they're going to someone who wants them, there's no reason to enforce that wait.

This is sort of off topic, but... Ruins, if you're looking for Stripes in the desert, which is where Spitfires drop, you aren't ever going to find one. All the brightly colored markings eggs in the desert are Spits. Look in the forest. (and jungle, I think, but not sure on that one.)

More to the point, I'd love to be able to at least make the Trade Link right away, even if the trade can't be completed right away. I was hoping when Teleport went into effect that we'd be able to Teleport newly caught eggs at once. Particularly this would be useful for gifting Holiday eggs, as so many people have a hard time catching them. If we could Teleport (but not abandon) eggs at once, we could meet up with people on IRC, catch their limit, teleport them, catch for someone else... and rinse and repeat. As it is now, if people want to help someone else with their holiday catching they have to catch, wait 5 hours, send, catch, wait 5 hours... It really limits the amount anyone can do to help others.

As for using it to clear cave blockers, eliminating the wait to teleport cave eggs wouldn't help that at all, which is what I was always under the impression the 5 hour wait was designed for.

I'd support this, but only if it was coded so that the teleport link could be created right away but not transferred until the 5-hour cooldown is up. A simple message like the one on the egg action page would suffice to alert people.

This is probably going to make me sounds like an awful person, but the reason I think that the original catcher should still have to wait is precisely *because* of holidays. Right now, fast catchers get locked pretty much straight away and if they want to share the fruits of their efforts they must wait for 5 hours. This leaves a decent window for slower catchers to try and grab eggs themselves (and as far as I'm aware, catching eggs to raise is still a fundamental aspect of this game). There's already a noticable level of "Bawww! I can't catch them!" on the forums during holiday releases (often within half an hour of the eggs being released, to my amused irritation), but I think if CB eggs were instantly transferrable this would be even more of a problem because faster catchers who gift the eggs would not be removed from the pool of hopefuls hunting in the biomes. Slower catchers would have even less of a chance, and would probably *have* to end up depending on a gift (or a trade) for eggs that they might under current circumstances have been able to catch for themselves. Which to my mind is a shame, given that nothing (on DC) beats the thill of catching Holiday eggs oneself - other than maybe catching a CB metal, but I wouldn't know what that feels like! xd.png I just think there's already enough fuss about catchers not giving slower players a chance for this to be a good idea. :/

... The whole point of the wait seems to be to stop those eggs hitting the AP before you log off for the day (and presumably to make you forget about them so that you will raise them even though you don't want them? lol), so if they're going to someone who wants them, there's no reason to enforce that wait.

I think the point is actually to keep people from grabbing caveblockers from the biomes just to get them moving, and then dropping all the unwanted eggs to the AP right away. I'm sure that would happen a lot if there was no waiting time. Aside from the 5 minutes at the top of the hour, we would probably never see eggs in the biomes because of an AP wall, because during the 5 minutes at the top of the hour everyone would be grabbing and abandoning to see as much eggs to go by as possible.

Anyway, I support any suggestion to making trading during that waiting time possible, though. If someone else wants the egg it's not going to block the AP anyway.

I'd support this, but only if it was coded so that the teleport link could be created right away but not transferred until the 5-hour cooldown is up. A simple message like the one on the egg action page would suffice to alert people.

This is probably going to make me sounds like an awful person, but the reason I think that the original catcher should still have to wait is precisely *because* of holidays. Right now, fast catchers get locked pretty much straight away and if they want to share the fruits of their efforts they must wait for 5 hours. This leaves a decent window for slower catchers to try and grab eggs themselves (and as far as I'm aware, catching eggs to raise is still a fundamental aspect of this game). There's already a noticable level of "Bawww! I can't catch them!" on the forums during holiday releases (often within half an hour of the eggs being released, to my amused irritation), but I think if CB eggs were instantly transferrable this would be even more of a problem because faster catchers who gift the eggs would not be removed from the pool of hopefuls hunting in the biomes. Slower catchers would have even less of a chance, and would probably *have* to end up depending on a gift (or a trade) for eggs that they might under current circumstances have been able to catch for themselves. Which to my mind is a shame, given that nothing (on DC) beats the thill of catching Holiday eggs oneself - other than maybe catching a CB metal, but I wouldn't know what that feels like! xd.png I just think there's already enough fuss about catchers not giving slower players a chance for this to be a good idea. :/

I agree with this. Plus, who's to stop someone from multi scrolling and chucking their unwanted eggs there? Seriously.

Those fast hunters are often not forcing themselves into the five hour wait already and face scroll-burning and banning because under the current system, they're being forced to either wait it out (and thus not be able to help as many people) or they're logging into those people's scrolls and catching for them which can get both scrolls potentially burned because it's "multiscrolling" to help people apparently.

They're evading the wait already. Why not provide a way to do so without getting themselves or anyone else in trouble?

Support. smile.gif I agree that the 5 hour cool down should be removed for teleports. After all, isn't the issue all about abandoning anyway? I thought that the cool down was in place so that people couldn't remove blockers from the cave to see what's behind then abandon them a few minutes later.

But trading is another matter entirely. I think it should be allowed. smile.gif Though a possible issue would be people setting up transfer links and then posting them in the departure threads, as a means of abandoning them in a way anyway. So maybe it could just be for trading not transferring?

yes. it would make it easier for people who catch eggs specifically for trading them.

although i can see that maybe for holidays, it would frustrate people since only the best players and their friends would get the eggs. so maybe nerf it only for holiday eggs, but for regulars that are common like reds, nebulas, pinks, etc take off the wait?

I agree with this. I would like to be able to send someone a teleport link as soon as I catch an egg, as I am forgetful and sometimes eggs I meant to gift end up on my scroll for days.

What if we could set it up so that the transfer could be both made and accepted before five hours are up, but wouldn't actually happen until they were? No egg spot would be used on the giftee's scroll, but an egg spot would be used ont he gifter's.

i dont like this because people with a few magi dragons could just teleport them away to a second scroll or something

i dont like this because people with a few magi dragons could just teleport them away to a second scroll or something

Multiscrolling gets your scroll burned. Not smart.

I once wanted to trade a hatchling which didn't have much time for an egg that still had to wait 5 hours to be ABANDONED and not to be traded. It was a good offer but impossible to get this way.

And another time I had a similar situation and had to wait some more hours until deep in the night to get the wanted egg.

People trade all over the world and the clock doesn't show everywhere the same time. So I support this idea because the egg is not abandoned just on another scroll. Perhaps we could stay the five hour limit with a small notification before the trade (still 3 hours to keep).

Support! But only for the immediately-transferable-despite-keeping-the-abandonment-block variation, not the still-can't-send-for-five-hours variation. The still-can't-send version doesn't seem terribly different from not being able to set up a teleport link at all.

I am 100% in favor of the first option. When I've caught an egg I know someone wants I'd rather be able to transfer it right away than wait 5 hours to give it to them.

Love it! This would definately help gifters - I, for one, love catching for others, and different time-zones coupled with the 5-hour wait can make trading somewhat problematic.

For example, a person I regularly trade with is commenting enviously about what I picked up, and I have no need for it - I want to give it to her. But we're stuck with the 5 hour wait. She's in a different time zone, has work in the morning, and goes to bed. Then throw in a horrible work schedule on my end, the person I'm intending to trade to having a rotating retail work schedule, and us only seeing one another online every few days (especially with my poor connection onboard ship and her inability to get online for days at a time due to real life interferance), and we sometimes have eggs hatch (heck, we even had one MATURE!) prior to being able to get in contact with one another to give teleport links.

Support all the way! I'd get the eggs I long to gift to those who need them off my scroll and to those who truly desire them, freeing my measly 1-2 hours every few days to hunt the cave for more productive hunting. smile.gif

+1 support for NOT removing it, for reasons already stated on page one. Admittedly, yes. I would end up doing the rapid, blind grab-grab-grab-grab drop-drop-drop-drop style if it were available. Because it would just be more beneficial to ME. ESPECIALLY if the backlog block continue to not effect the top of the hour. Even if hour-blocking came back, I'd be the person to not care and just check back later, or quit hunting altogether and only breed instead.

So, yeah. Looking at how I'd act alone (and being honest about it instead of saying that I wouldn't abuse this), bad idea. VERY BAD idea. rolleyes.gif

^ from reading a thread on removing the wait entirely. For Teleport alone, I'm okay with the idea of removing wait time. Abuse is minimal there. You can't just "dump" a cave blocker prematurely unless someone immediately wants it. And that's win-win from what I can see. Unless it stops said receiver from picking up that same species from the cave. But the first one would only hit the AP later anyways.

Edited by AlternateMew

Support for both the transfer-immediately version and transfer the cooldown, and also for letting us make the trade link but not being able to transfer it till after the cooldown. As it is... it's a bit of a headache when I pick up an egg I KNOW someone wants, but I usually forget by the time the egg is off cooldown and just end up dumping it.

C4.

I find this a quite wonderful idea. I made Dragon Cave popular on a Minecraft Server's Forum, and we all quickly got a hold of Magi dragons, now trading will probably top out mad quick. I'd love to be able to grab something a friend is after and say "from This with love <3" biggrin.gif

This is a cool thread & I think they should take off the 5 hour wait on both teleport & for abandoned eggs. poptartFINALTINY.giftongue.gif

Its so hard to get rare eggs for me or for a friend because of those blockers.

I guess people will take advantage of it if there was no wait for abandoning but people now get more than one scroll to get the more eggs.

The wait is so annoying, Ill grab something & cant do anything about it. mad.gif