Kazeindel Sawaknouske

Random PMs with Trading Links.

When people send you trading links in PMs, does it bother you?  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, this always annoys me, even if I have a offer in a trade thread. They pms almost always just have the link, and don't specify what they wan't.. It's really irritating.

I've never received a PM with a trade link. I think I would be annoyed if the person didn't specify what they wanted, but otherwise I don't think I would mind.

I've certainly never gotten a link out of the blue without an explanation. I'd wonder if the people sending those are just spamming trade links everywhere hoping to get an offer they like, which is definitely not cool. On the other hand, I guess it could be someone trying to make an offer on one of my trades who just doesn't have enough English to explain what they want, or something.

If someone is making an offer on a trade I've posted, then including a trade link is a good thing, though if *I* posted a trade link I'd much rather they offered on that.

Edited by CoraxG

By random, do you mean if you have no trades up or if you have a trade up?

If I didn't have a trade at all, it would be annoying, but I wouldn't make a big deal of it.

If I did have a trade up, it would be convenient if I wanted to accept their trade.

For me, it would depend. Especially now with the Glomping thread. It would make me wonder whether I'm being Glomped, but if it's a 2-way trade link, yes, I would be annoyed.

If I Glomp someone, I usually say so in the PM.

I can't say I ever received such a PM

only those repling to a trade I posted, or a glomp gift

neither of which I mind wub.gif

I've never just received a link with no explination of what they wanted blink.gif

All the link's i've ever received were two way, and they didn't type anything to specify. It's even more annoying if I can't decide which of my trades they wants, if I have more than one up.

All the link's i've ever received were two way, and they didn't type anything to specify. It's even more annoying if I can't decide which of my trades they wants, if I have more than one up.

Oh yeah, that'd be inconvenient just sending only a trade link.

I've only received two "random tradelinks" that confused me.

One had no words whatsoever, and I wasn't interested in egg in the trade, so I just deleted it.

The other one was a typo, offering to trade on my "tinsel" rather than my "tinselfail" - a quick request for clarification fixed that one, to both parties' satisfaction. smile.gif

All the other links I've gotten have been well-explained.

Clicking a link does not mean you accept. (It is still necessary to enter your password to accept.) I do not under stand why it would be that annoying?

Clicking a link does not mean you accept. (It is still necessary to enter your password to accept.) I do not under stand why it would be that annoying?

As in, they didn't offer any explanation of why it was sent or what they wanted- Just a Pm with a link.

The only time I get random PMs with trade links is when someone is gifting me something so I actually love 'em.

When making an offer (On a trade link) the offer shows up on the link. I evidently am not seeing the issue. Unless a member offers a request for a two way trade and you do not have a trade offered, then it would be a say what moment.blink.gif

If I don't have a trade request up and someone sends me a trade link, I usually hope they meant to send it to someone else, but I delete it. It bugs me. If I have a trade request up, and someone just sends me a trade link, I also ignore it unless they have some form of dialogue in there.

The ones I ever got that were random were glomp gifts, which I think are so awesome. smile.gif

Were they the trade links glomps? :? Or were they just random trade links with no explanation? I can't say I've encountered the second situation. I do like it when someone offers a trade and offers to set up the teleport too though ^.^

If it happens again, I'd say just pm them back asking why~

I've only received PMs like this in cases of gifts, so I can't say I dislike them at all. xd.png

I only get PMs like this in cases of gifts, which are really nice surprises.

I've never gotten a PM with just a link in it, the sender not specifying their wants/needs sounds like it would be a trifle off-putting though.

As in, they didn't offer any explanation of why it was sent or what they wanted- Just a Pm with a link.

Usually it's in response to a trade that you posted in a trading thread (if you did not include a trade link yourself). Chances are, they probably want what you offered in the post.

I think a nice message would be appreciated though, if that's the case.

I've never gotten any like this, but idk if I'd mind that much if I did, as long as I only had one offer up for trade so I had a rough idea what they wanted?