TJ09

2011-10-08 - State of the Cave

What would be great would be if the eggs in the Cave would rotate out of the queue after a few minutes instead of just sitting and remaining there for such a long time, until someone picks it up. It can be rotated back into the queue, kinda like those conveyor belts in the japanese sushi restaurants biggrin.gif

Lowering the overall cave population doesn't necessarily mean lowering it to insane levels. There's got to be some middle ground between what we have now and fighting over commons.

But wouldn't lowering the overall Cave population to a noticeable extent lower everything in proportion, so we'd still see nothing but current Blockers until ALL of the eggs ran out?

Seriously, how often do we run out of all eggs Dropped in all Biomes every hour, this indicating that full available numbers of CBs are rarely Dropped every hour anyway?

The problem is not with continual Drops, which many of us feel is a good thing, the problem is with excessive numbers of certain sprites for the 'ecology', i.e., us.

The proportions of Blockers-to-desirables would remain the same and the former likely still be excessive in number for the taste of players in general - the difference would be most notable in uncommons and rares, right?

So I really don't get how this would help...

Thanks for the Info about the breeding TJ so we know when to start stalking the AP Although it will be a little crowded me thinks (mosh pit?).

Slightly nervous about the suggested cave blocker improvements. As has been said some of the suggestions (eg reducing overall numbers of eggs but keeping the ratios the same, or changing the eggs in the cave every refresh.) would make rares even harder to breed/ catch and in the case of the latter, impossible for those of us with slower connections. Rares are just that, rares so it will be interesting to see how this will be implemented...as long as it doesn't mean that eggs are harder to breed. I liked the mossy eggs idea tho', so lets wait and see.

<Joins those of the DC community worried about any bad effects on breeding/egg-snagging>

Thanks for the timely update and all your hard work on DC. Now I just have to wait til the 26th to get a few more Marrows and maybe one more Pumpkin.

Thank You for the info slightly worried about these new changes, guess wemwill have to see. Very Excited for the Halloween Dragons this year! smile.gif

On a different note though is anyone else concerned about breeding the halloween dragon from last year with the teleport in place? How will the multi egg clutches work with it, will we be able to teleport the extras or will they all go to the AP?

This has me worried for IOU's of my dragons. I have several people on my lists, just want to get them all there eggs this year. (sorry if this is going off topic)

Thank You for the info slightly worried about these new changes, guess wemwill have to see. Very Excited for the Halloween Dragons this year! smile.gif

On a different note though is anyone else concerned about breeding the halloween dragon from last year with the teleport in place? How will the multi egg clutches work with it, will we be able to teleport the extras or will they all go to the AP?

This has me worried for IOU's of my dragons. I have several people on my lists, just want to get them all there eggs this year. (sorry if this is going off topic)

You'll only be able to keep/teleport one egg from each multi-clutch, if you have multis. (:

If you have any more questions, you can ask here or here. ^^

Thank you for the update.

I will close this now.