Titan

Relationships!

There's no real established time limit for loving someone. Today marks the 3 year breakup of me and Ryan. He was a total jerk and cheated on me during PROM. I found out the next christamas, when his friend referenced that night, thinking that his sloppy midnight adventure was with me. It was with some blonde girl. I have pink hair. How stupid can you be?

Now Ryan does the whole "I hate you" routine everytime I see him, because I ruined his christmas. Selfish, much? But we go to different universities now, so I guess it's less painful than before. Every relationship I attempt now, I just compare them to him, and you know what's funny? The new guy never measures up.

So, my ex just got engaged (for the third time) and posted pics on Facebook.

She looks old.

I know I complain about feeling old, I know I look older than I am, but she really does just look old. She's lost far too much weight, and even with her being heavily pregnant she still looks unhealthy-skinny, all tendons and bone. She cut her hair really short too, so her face looks....gaunt is the best way to describe it.

My heart doesn't skip a beat at all now - not in anger, or in regret, or anything - when I see her face. I just look and think to myself 'Wow. Maybe I have come off better after all.'

She looks old.

I know I complain about feeling old, I know I look older than I am, but she really does just look old. She's lost far too much weight, and even with her being heavily pregnant she still looks unhealthy-skinny, all tendons and bone. She cut her hair really short too, so her face looks....gaunt is the best way to describe it.

My heart doesn't skip a beat at all now - not in anger, or in regret, or anything - when I see her face. I just look and think to myself 'Wow. Maybe I have come off better after all.'

My thoughts about most of my exes...right now, though, no. God I feel like death. He will never know just how much I love him /:

Right now, there's this guy I like.

I first saw him a couple of months ago, during classes, but waited a few weeks before gathering enough courage to go and talk to him. We introduced ourselves, made some small talk and ten minutes later I was asking him out (not as a date, but as friends). The words just came out and I couldn't stop myself. He gladly accepted and, ever since, we've been out several times.

We became quite close in a short period of time. I'm comfortable around him and we're kind of touchy-feely with each other, but I think he only takes my gestures as being friendly and nothing more. I can see he likes being around me, even told me so, but then there's another issue.

He's bisexual. And he currently likes a guy (who is not really interested in him, to be honest). He's not in love or anything, but the physical attraction is definitely there. Problem is, while he tells me how much he likes this other guy, he keeps being affectionate with me and says he enjoys my company and misses me when I'm not around, etc.

And I'm confused, because sometimes he seems to show interest, whilst other times it's all a big blur. What should I do?

She looks old.

Seeing pictures where your ex looks terrible, there's something great about that tongue.gif

And Anca, my advice is to do something about it or you'll all be stuck in this pattern for yonks. Maybe not a straight out confrontation, seeing as he likes this other guy. But you should defiantly let your feelings be known ^^

Seeing pictures where your ex looks terrible, there's something great about that tongue.gif

Yeah, all I have to do is look at my prom pics xd.png She was sick that night and looking awful.

But you should defiantly let your feelings be known ^^

Then there is, of course, the fear of ruining a friendship.

Anca, Maybe you should try to bring it up lightly? Maybe then you can judge how he feels about it based on his reaction.

Yeah, if you bring it up lightly and if you are as good friends as it seems, you're not going to ruin your whole relationship just because you like him.

Then that's what I'm going to do. We'll meet up in a couple of days (currently we're visiting families in different cities) and I'll tell him. Thank you for the advice.

2. One of my friends "R" dated a girl. In this stupid relationship I became friends with the girlfriend "G." Eventually I learned that he stared at girls assess and fantasized about them, disgusting correct? Now then eventually, he starts flirting with a girl "S". I'm dumbfounded it's stupid he's in ONE relationship at his age then I find out at 12, 7th Grade, He's Cheating! Literally they flirt she responds. I don't know what to do. Should I tell "S" about "G" or should I tell "G" about "S." I've told "R" that this is wrong, yet he won't listen! I really am dumbfounded what should I do! I hate drama and I really need advice on this tricky situation?

I can't use names since my friend could read this.

Is he actually cheating on her, just flirting? And how serious is the flirting?

And nothing wrong with staring and thinking about someone's backside. Some girls have quite nice behinds.

I don't think that I really want a relationship yet, since I'm currently 13. Maybe when I'm older. A guy did ask me out a month ago, but I turned him down. I did like this one guy during elementary school. We were in the same class since third grade and we were really alike. We read the same books, got the same grades and everything. I could tell that he liked me and I liked him too, but I moved in the summer before middle school. Now I like this other guy that goes to my piano academy. He's funny and I think he likes me. He's super good at the piano and he's nice to me. He likes to listen to me play, but he's a year younger than me. Weird right? If I told my friends that I liked a sixth grader, they'd laugh to death.

Age differences matter less as you get older. Personally I like to follow the half-your-age-plus-seven rule. It basically says that, for instance, an 18 year-old should only date people that are older than half-their-age-plus seven. So, for an 18 that would be 16 and no younger.

Kestra? Serious? His opinion, I haven't faced those hormones yet thankfully so like the few boys in my grade I don't have this impulse to be like that...

@Sins So a 50 year old should date no younger then 32? A 80 year old can date a 47 year old? A 30 Year old should date a 22 year old? That logic could fail...

Eh, you may yet. I know I didn't think about people physically... well, at all in middle school and not much in high school. College has been a whole different ballpark though.

Though I'm not much for butts. I usually end up admiring guys' hands. Nice hands are sexy. Nice hair, too...

And yeah, the system does break down a bit past the twenties, but by then you've usually got a pretty good grip on the socially acceptable dating rules. Not that a fifty year old with a thirty-something or a thirty year old with a twenty-something would raise that many eyebrows.

They go on for about 15 minutes in class. Seriousness? I'm thinking around she's given him a peck every one and a while? I mean he's encouraging it and she doesn't know anything about it. The evil inside me wants this to blow out of proportion. For some reason I want to tell him or her "I told you so". Well IDK anymore...

What do you mean by 'go on?' Flirting means many different things, so be specific please.

So a 50 year old should date no younger then 32? A 80 year old can date a 47 year old? A 30 Year old should date a 22 year old? That logic could fail...

I know a man (he's 50-ish) that is married to a woman who is 17 years younger than him. They couldn't be happier and make an amazing couple.

I know a man (he's 50-ish) that is married to a woman who is 17 years younger than him. They couldn't be happier and make an amazing couple.

This. My girlfriend's biological Dad is dating someone who is 12 years younger than him and they are very happy together.

I honestly don't care much for age gaps unless the person is under 18. :/

Relationships... ugh

The relationships that I have with guys are... not good at all...

The guys I like turn out to be complete jerks, or it kind of fades away.

One guy was a... butt and cussed me out over chat, after admitting that he liked me...

I went out with a guy for a month but I broke up after I realized, I didn't really like him and it was getting really awkward, and wasn't going to work out..

And then another guy asked me out 5 days after that. Never was gonna work.

And one of my best guy friends stopped talking to me with no explanation. I went depressed for somewhere around a month before I really got over it, and we don't talk anymore, though he tries. It doesn't work very well.

Currently I like a guy, and if I'm completely honest with myself, I think it could work, because I found out that he likes me back, and now he's really thinking about it... but I'm really unsure if things are going to turn out well, because... well, things have been crappy in the past. Scared, if you will.

Yeah, my guy relationships aren't that good.

My friends... are amazing. Family... not so much.

Relationships... I mean, like the one guy I really like, I'd love to have a relationship with him, one that works out, but... ah life and relationships seem to hate me atm so I don't know what's going to happen.

Currently, my friends are trying to get me together with this guy. He's cool with it, and I'm slowly becoming okay with it, too. First, we have to talk more. We only started talking a week or so ago. On Monday, we had a sub for science. He REALLY wanted me to sit with him at his table with two of my other friends. However, I couldn't get this one girl to switch seats with me, so I didn't get to sit there. On Wednesday, we had another sub. I got the girl to switch with me and I got to sit there. My homeroom teacher recently moved my row of desks to the other side of the room. It just so happens that he sits over there, too. So now we're one row over from him. Which, I guess is a good thing. We talk before/after science, and occasionally during. For the past two days, 1/3 of my math class has been gone due to a band trip. So I've been sitting in the back of the class with him and my friend. we've started talking a LOT more since last week. I'm starting to think that, maybe with a little bit more conversing, we could actually start going out. biggrin.gif

Currently I like a guy, and if I'm completely honest with myself, I think it could work, because I found out that he likes me back, and now he's really thinking about it... but I'm really unsure if things are going to turn out well, because... well, things have been crappy in the past. Scared, if you will.

If you don't take the plunge, you will never know. Yeah, it might be another crap relationship. It might turn into the best five years of your life. IF you don't say yes, you'll never know.

I know. He told me to wait himself, because he was still thinking things over. If he decides to ask me out, I will say yes, but that has yet to come, I think.

Currently I'm in relationship with the most amazing guy I've met. His kind, smart, and funny, which is the best part, because his humor is exactly that of my father and grandfathers. biggrin.gif

So.. I guess he really makes me happy wub.gif

embarrassed removal

Edited by Zovesta