Titan

Relationships!

Kinda on a strange point myself...

I know a guy who is amazing, he shares many of my likes and a simillar personality, but he also complements what I lack and likewise I do for him...

We meet while playing WoW, and altough we disliked a lot when we first met (He was the dps officer and I was the rude and sarcastic new recruit), we eventually warmed, started talking, started doing instances and quests together and we ended becoming friends.

Now, several months ago, while talking in ventrillo while both drunk, we both spilled that we liked each other and we kinda became ''virtual couple''... However, he went to basic training in the air force for several weeks and we didn't saw each other (in game, msn, skype, etc), but when we saw again... well, we where happy again and all that.

However, some weeks ago he said he's ''not really sure what he wants right now'', he says he's not ready to devote himself to a relationship now that he's an airman and that he wants to enjoy as much time as he has available now... It wouldnt be a problem if we both lived near, but I am in Mexico and he's in the States, so going to meet him it's very expensive right now.

I have told him I would be willing to wait for him, but he says he's not worth it, so I don't really know if I should wait for him (The stubborn me) or just forget him like he said (The ''I don't care anyways'' me).

Never really been a ''romantic'' or ''lovestruck'' person, so im kinda stuck in a situation I have never experienced. O.o

Boyfriend

I no has one anymore </3

:~( *hug* Sorry to hear about it.

@kittygrl: it is hard to give advice without knowing the exact circumstances, but this is what I think from my experience with a MTG player: if he is a serious player, doing competitions and such (what I assume as you're saying he's the champion of your region), I think it is normal for him to focus on the game when it is serious (and that includes the obvious official matches, but also serious matches he does to 'train' and optimise his decks). He needs to, because if it is a serious game, his opponents are not going to like him spending time on his girlfriend during the match. When it is just a casual game with friends, though, he needs to be able to divide his attention between the game and you (especially if he's good at it, that shouldn't be a problem in casual games). If he can't, you should talk to him about that (but not while he is playing, that will only annoy him). I think it would be good for you to learn how to play, or if you already do, ask him to teach you to be better at it or something. Having a common interest and something to do together is always good for a relationship. If you really don't like playing, it's probably better to go do something you like (there's always DC) while he's playing.

Single and loving it.

1. I'm too young to date

2. I don't really want to all that much.

3. All my friends dated, and 100% of BF are censorkip.gif and one proceeded to stalk and tell rumors about her. censorkip.gif.

4. The only boy I liked drifted away and sort of fell in with a crowd I didn't like. Plus, I'm over him.

5. A boyfriend would get the wrong idea about my bestest friend (lol) because we've been friends for 7 years and are very close. I even know what he's gonna say sometimes. Haha.

It's nice to be single. You don't always need to be in a relationship.

Edited by DragonRider5624

i'm single and I kind of want a girlfriend. There's a couple girls at school i want to ask out but there's 2 reasons I won't:

1: I'm super shy, I always get nervous.

2: I'm in 7th grade, there's not much I can do with a girlfriend, i mean I can't drive or anything.

i'm single and I kind of want a girlfriend. There's a couple girls at school i want to ask out but there's 2 reasons I won't:

1: I'm super shy, I always get nervous.

2: I'm in 7th grade, there's not much I can do with a girlfriend, i mean I can't drive or anything.

I'm 24yrs and still can't drive, but Amerylis and I have been together four years. Driving is not a 'big boy' thing.

i know i mean i can't like take her anywhere(and i kind of find it weird if my mom or dad has to drive me to a date)

i know i mean i can't like take her anywhere(and i kind of find it weird if my mom or dad has to drive me to a date)

You'll do good to not worry about Mum and Dad ferrying you around - it's the date itself that matters more. I used to take Amerylis on dates via the bus.

I have a problem...I like my best friend. Him and I have been friends for many years, and we have so much in common. I can feel I can talk to him about (almost) anything. Anyways, he broke up with his girlfriend three months ago....I been wanting to tell him how I felt but never found the right time or how to say it. When I come close to telling him I always get nervous and forget about it. How can I tell him without chickening out??? unsure.gif

Another important detail is that we go to different high schools so I don't know if he likes any other girls. Yeah, he does treat me special (or at least I think), but that might just be because we are close friends.

In my opinion 7th grade is way to young for a "relationship" at any rate. Regardless of being able to drive or not (when we started dating neither of us could), I just don't even see the point. I never saw the point in really any dating under the age of 16 or so. Despite what kids think of themselves, I don't think anyone is really mature enough for a relationship at age 12.

In my opinion 7th grade is way to young for a "relationship" at any rate. Regardless of being able to drive or not (when we started dating neither of us could), I just don't even see the point. I never saw the point in really any dating under the age of 16 or so. Despite what kids think of themselves, I don't think anyone is really mature enough for a relationship at age 12.

Thank you for bringing this up. I agree with you on this. Sometimes it's nice to have a companion other than a friend, but young relationships really don't go anywhere or accomplish anything. I'm guilty of such relationships- last year, when I was in 7th grade as well, I had a crush on a guy in my class and we went out for maybe two or three days before I decided to end it. However, when I had a crush on him, I refused to let anyone discourage me from going after him, so I won't try to discourage you (Bumblebee12) but I am just saying that I agree with 7Deadly$ins wink.gif

Anyway, as I see it, you don't need to be able to drive to have a girlfriend. Obviously you know her from somewhere- she's a neighbor, she's a friend, she's a classmate- and hopefully you get to see each other. You will be able to carry out a relationship with her regardless of being able to drive, though I warn you, it may not last very long.

edit: Upon rereading your posts I saw that you noted it would be weird for your parents to have to drive you to a date. Exactly what kind of dates are you talking about? 7th grade is much too young to be sitting at a table in a restaurant over a candle-lit dinner....even going to the movies might be a stretch. I won't be very good at giving you advice on how to carry out your dates, since I'm not a huge supporter of 7th-grade relationships anyway. But, uh....good luck, I suppose. <3

Edited by glamoursea2

Well I'm 13 and I actually like 2 girls one goes in my class and I like her and we're friends but I can't seem to get closer to her, and the other one goes to the same school but there are 2 shifts (one starts in 8 and the other in 14) so I don't see her very often, but I know her for a short time and we are not so good friends so I need to get closer to her somehow Advice?

Thank you for bringing this up. I agree with you on this. Sometimes it's nice to have a companion other than a friend, but young relationships really don't go anywhere or accomplish anything. I'm guilty of such relationships- last year, when I was in 7th grade as well, I had a crush on a guy in my class and we went out for maybe two or three days before I decided to end it. However, when I had a crush on him, I refused to let anyone discourage me from going after him, so I won't try to discourage you (Bumblebee12) but I am just saying that I agree with 7Deadly$ins wink.gif

Anyway, as I see it, you don't need to be able to drive to have a girlfriend. Obviously you know her from somewhere- she's a neighbor, she's a friend, she's a classmate- and hopefully you get to see each other. You will be able to carry out a relationship with her regardless of being able to drive, though I warn you, it may not last very long.

The problem, as I see it, is that this is a very hormonal age and people start feeling strongly towards other people. But I don't really think that the best way to "resolve" that is a relationship, because "relationships," as you said, don't go anywhere or accomplish anything.

I had a g/f from 11 - 14yrs. It taught me a heck of a lot of lessons that I put into practise ten years onwards.

I don't think age should be the limiting factor in relationships. Then again, I don't think seventh graders should expect to marry their bf/gf, but at the same time, relationships give valuable life experience to those who do want to eventually have a future with someone.

I dont really think theres anything wrong with wanting a girlfriend in when your in grade 7. However i didnt like girls until I was 14 (and now they are all i think about :P), so I dont have any experiance about dating at a very young age. And anywway, sometimes being single can be more fun, sometimes!

Hah, I'm in grade 7 and I don't want a boyfriend. I think I'm mature enough to realize that being 12, dating probably won't take me anywhere. Yes, it might teach me lessons but I don't care.

My first gf was in grade 8, and she's the reason I'm still alive today (literally). So please don't say that just because people are young they can't have meaningful or "mature" relationships. It all depends on the person.

Single right now, have been for roughly 3 years. Stupid life keeps getting in the way. Also, I seem to have gotten in the habit of crushing on people I can't be in relationships with (co-worker, friend who is not available, etc). So... yeah.

I look at all the people around me these days. It's like everyone has a bf/gf. Sometimes it makes me sick, but then again I look at some of the nerdier people I know and some younger people and they have a bf/gf, and quite frankly it makes me wonder. How did they end up together when I've tried so long and been rejected so many times? Seriously, sometimes I wonder if I could ever get a girl. There has, however been one girl, recently. I asked her out once this year and she neither rejected or accepted. She simply said she wasn't looking for someone at the time and she wanted to know me better before anything serious. Hopefully that means there's a possibility. However i don't really think it means what I want it to.

My first gf was in grade 8, and she's the reason I'm still alive today (literally). So please don't say that just because people are young they can't have meaningful or "mature" relationships. It all depends on the person.

Single right now, have been for roughly 3 years. Stupid life keeps getting in the way. Also, I seem to have gotten in the habit of crushing on people I can't be in relationships with (co-worker, friend who is not available, etc). So... yeah.

I realize that, I wasn't saying that it couldn't take others anywhere, but based on me as a person, it wouldn't do any good.

edit: Upon rereading your posts I saw that you noted it would be weird for your parents to have to drive you to a date. Exactly what kind of dates are you talking about? 7th grade is much too young to be sitting at a table in a restaurant over a candle-lit dinner....even going to the movies might be a stretch. I won't be very good at giving you advice on how to carry out your dates, since I'm not a huge supporter of 7th-grade relationships anyway. But, uh....good luck, I suppose. <3

Yay i agree that you shouldn't date in seventh grade, But i mean should i like become closer friends with them so when i'm older then were good friends it should be easier to ask her out or what? (I mean like to her house or her coming to my house when i said about the driving part)

on the top of this page a person(Drakelina) asked a question but we kind of ignored them so i'm bringing it back up for them. Srcoll to the top of the page and read their question plz.

Edited by Bumblebee12

For age and stuff, I don't think it has anything to do with age as long as your not 20 and the other is 15 and stuff like that. More or less it has to do with maturity. Frankly over here where I am most kids.... even adults I'd say arn't ready for a BF or GF because they really need to learn WAY more self control. Over here they don't love each other. 90% of 'relationships' I see are each other lusting not loving. When they find out they can't do it with the other they break up. Sickening really.

I personally did not become interested in girls till I was 16. Even then I was still not very interested. I only have one GF and she's on the other end of the land mass (our relationship will be a year this spring over here).

Yay i agree that you shouldn't date in seventh grade, But i mean should i like become closer friends with them so when i'm older then were good friends it should be easier to ask her out or what? (I mean like to her house or her coming to my house when i said about the driving part)

on the top of this page a person(Drakelina) asked a question but we kind of ignored them so i'm bringing it back up for them. Srcoll to the top of the page and read their question plz.

Getting to know her always helps, because then you'll probably be more comfortable with asking her out when the time comes and in return, she will be more comfortable around you.

Getting to know her always helps, because then you'll probably be more comfortable with asking her out when the time comes and in return, she will be more comfortable around you.

Keep in mind, however, that a relationship can easily ruin a friendship.