Titan

Relationships!

Any tips on how to get my brain to work again so that I don't sound like a complete idiot? wink.gif

Hmm, try bringing up a topic you're familiar with and passionate about - you'll have more to say and be more confident about it, as well as hopefully concentrating more on what you're saying than who you're saying it to laugh.gif

Good luck though, I used to be far shyer than I am these days (especially around the opposite sex) so I feel your pain!

So there's a guy that I really really like, and it's not just a passing crush. I've liked guys before, and I've crushed on guys before, but my feelings for this guy are really strong. He's told me that he likes me back, and all our friends are encouraging a relationship, and he's said that he needed to make sure that he was ready, but that he definitely likes me. I'd love to go in a relationship with him. He's amazing, and he's really nice and funny. He also talks to me a lot, whenever he has time, and tries to catch my attention. He's adorable in his own little way. All our friends call us "cute" and such. Recently, him, me, and two other friends went to watch Avengers, and the seats were so full that we got separated. I sat next to him while my other friends sat together. It was quite enjoyable, actually.

My only prollem is, me being the very socially awkward person that I am, I stumble over words a lot. I have trouble making conversation at all with any strangers or adults. The only people I actually can talk comfortably to in a full conversation are my closest friends. I'm completely unable to hold a lengthy conversation with this guy, and that's not helped by the fact that he's a billion times smarter than I am, so everything I say sounds either stupid or obvious. I find myself just nodding or saying "yeah" or "mhmm," because I can't come up with better things to say. Being awkward enough already, it just seems to worsen when i talk to him. It's probably because I'm nervous and want to impress him... but any tips on how to get my brain to work again so that I don't sound like a complete idiot? wink.gif

the part where he said he needs to know that he is ready for a relationship. That's not true all guys are ready for a relationship he is just waiting on something from you that will sweep him off his feet and make him commit to you.

Little love tip I learned from Kimberly Kern

the part where he said he needs to know that he is ready for a relationship. That's not true all guys are ready for a relationship he is just waiting on something from you that will sweep him off his feet and make him commit to you.

Little love tip I learned from Kimberly Kern

Not true.

You can not blanket all guys into one spot. Not all guys are ready for a relationship. For example: my youngest brother, has never had a serious relationship. Hes had some flings, and there has only been one girl ever that he was head over heels for, and she didnt want him. When we talked about it before, he made it clear that when he does decide to get serious about someone it will only be her. He will not date people, until hes sure he wants to be with them. And when hes interested, hes "love stupid". He wants to be the one to take care of his girl... and doesnt want to waste his time on someone who wont appreciate it, and cant handle it.

My husband: when we first met, we wanted to date, however he had just gotten over a serious (as in 8 years off and on) relationship. It took us a year to actually start dating because he wasnt ready. If i were to leave him, he would be devastated, and likely would not date again. Hes not the kind to seek out a relationship.

My other brother: dated one girl for 5ish years, did everything for her..she was his spoiled princess. She broke it off because he was her only serious boyfriend ever (she got scared i think). The new girlfriend... it took him 2 years to decide to date again, and even now, hes still overly nervous about thinking long term. She perfectly happy to live with him, but neither of them is ready for full on commitment.

My ex... i broke up with him in 03.. we were together 3 years.. he still has not had a serious relationship with anyone as far as i know. I dont think he has even dated. As of last time i talked to the family he hadnt even taken an interest in dating, hes full on career mode.

For the one stumbling over words: dont try to impress, just be you. Hes already admitted he likes you back so theres something he likes. I'm more upfront, I'm happy to ask people why they like me... and i talk about what im into. My husband is my complete opposite. I have no interest in the things hes into, and hes not that interested in things i like, but we both try really hard to learn enough about what the other likes that we can follow along the conversation when the other is talking non stop about it. The poor guy has 0 interest in dragcave, or anything to do with it... but if i get into talking about different things i would like to see implemented, he goes into straight geek mode and tells me how he would go about it. I have 0 interest in coding, but over the years i have made an effort to learn some of the lingo, so we can actually have in depth conversations about it. to talk about what he likes... Hes the indoorsy, computer programmer, im the "out in the woods learning basic survival" type. Hes an introvert, kind of in his own little world, and he calls me a social butterfly, because even though im really uncomfortable in crowds, I still find a way to meet and greet with multiple people.

Edited by Thuban

Not sure about the "stop looking and you'll find someone", but as I've found out as of sometime last year that "stop looking and you'll feel better" does work quite fine, though.

I have been married for almost 47 years (when we hit 50 we are going to Marrakesh to celebrate...)

I did not want a relationship in the least when I met the guy who was to become my SO. I wasn't looking and I never EVER wanted to get married; we met on a committee of something I was interested in, we went to the movies as friends, because we discovered we both loved Bergman movies, and the rest is history.

Do stuff you enjoy (which will also help with the depression; I know this biggrin.gif) and worst case scenario you will have a good time doing that; best case - you will meet someone who shares your interests. Which is the KEY to a relationship lasting, IMHO.

Good luck.

I'm not in a relationship, and I only sometimes care that I've never been in one. Most of the time though, I'm actually relieved that I don't have a boyfriend to deal with. Not that I wouldn't mind having one, it's just not really that big of a deal. I've had some crushes on about 8 different guys since 6th grade, I'm 16 now, and I really don't...I just don't even anymore with them. I asked the guy that I like out twice this year. He said no both times and we're somehow still friends. It's fine. I was a teensy bit broken up at first, but now I honestly do not care. I'm too happy about the summer starting to dwell on being rejected/losing the guy/something similar for the 10th time. Something like that has happened so many times to me that I guess I just stopped caring as much. It would be cool or whatever if I had a boyfriend, but I don't see it in my top priorities right now.

Edited by Icepelt

Pretty big on this! Just a notice to girls! Guys can be shy as well. You don't always have to wait for them to make the first move!

Yeah, that's all...

Also! I need a bit of advice! There's a girl in my school who I really, REALLY like. Her name is Tasson biggrin.gif. I've liked her for a while, but the thing is, I'm moving out of the city in two months...is it worth it to try date her? I don't want to break a heart, but I really lek her!!!

Edited by stromzone

Pretty big on this! Just a notice to girls! Guys can be shy as well. You don't always have to wait for them to make the first move!

Yeah, that's all...

Also! I need a bit of advice! There's a girl in my school who I really, REALLY like. Her name is Tasson biggrin.gif. I've liked her for a while, but the thing is, I'm moving out of the city in two months...is it worth it to try date her? I don't want to break a heart, but I really lek her!!!

You wouldn't be breaking a heart if you went into the relationship with her knowing that you're moving. It's up to her and you if you think you can handle the whole LDR thing. It's easier if you aren't moving far away and you have available transportation to see each other somewhat regularly, but I personally know some people who made LDRs work without seeing each other for half a year or more at a time.

Honestly, I say don't do it. I don't know how old you are, but if you aren't in a situation where you'll be able to transport yourself ever to see her again, then DEFINITELY don't do it.

;w;

Hazeh has found a girl. She is the most incredible person ever ever ever and Hazeh has been walking on clouds for the past two months.

But seriously, after my relationship of 3 years went to censorkip.gif, I really had no intention of dating again. It just...happened. I met her on Tumblr actually, ahaha xd.png And we started talking and discovered that we go to school near each other. Now I just can't get enough of her!

Anyone see the movie Practical Magic where the main sister had cast a spell wishing for a man with certain attributes that she thought would be impossible to find in a person, but he ended up being real anyway and they found each other?

It's like THAT.

Like HOLY FREAKING COW.

Hazeh is so filled with joy, she feels like an over inflated balloon. /floats off

^exactly^

It almost always happens when you least expect it, and when you weren't LOOKING. biggrin.gif

Oh - and congrats, Hazeh.

;w;

Hazeh has found a girl. She is the most incredible person ever ever ever and Hazeh has been walking on clouds for the past two months.

But seriously, after my relationship of 3 years went to censorkip.gif, I really had no intention of dating again. It just...happened. I met her on Tumblr actually, ahaha xd.png And we started talking and discovered that we go to school near each other. Now I just can't get enough of her!

Anyone see the movie Practical Magic where the main sister had cast a spell wishing for a man with certain attributes that she thought would be impossible to find in a person, but he ended up being real anyway and they found each other?

It's like THAT.

Like HOLY FREAKING COW.

Hazeh is so filled with joy, she feels like an over inflated balloon. /floats off

Yay!

And I know how it feels to accidentally find love - hence why for Amerylis and I our song is in face 'Accidentally in Love' since we found each other without actually looking.

And 'Practical Magic' rocks.

Congrats, Haze. c:

~~~

As for me, I'm still single. But I'm fourteen and still in the closet anyways, so I'm not too worried. xd.png

Unfortunately weight makes a gigantic difference. I've known girls who weren't overweight but went from average to bordering on the underweight and severely underweight category of bmi and suddenly they had much more men after them, but they were usually the wrong type of men. Mostly 'bar guys' that weren't interested in dating, just one night stands.

This may sound shallow but tbh, if I were a guy, I would want to know the reason why a girl is overweight. If it's a natural inclination or a metabolic disorder, then I might go for it, if it's a nice person, but if it's because you (general "you") don't care enough about yourself to stop stuffing twinkies in your mouth and go out for a walk sometimes, then, sorry, no (radical example but you get the point).

I mean, I have gained weight over the past few years, and I can fully admit that it's because of sedentary Uni lifestyle and not very good diet choices. I'm kind-of trying to remedy that, although it will probably be easier to organise my eating habits when I graduate Uni/hopefully move out.

@satyr - at your age I wouldn't worry about not having had dated anyone.

And I'm happy for you, Haze. ^^

Edited by lightbird

I am now in a relationship with a guy that my friends have been trying to get me to go out with for a month now. We started going out a week ago. He's really nice and funny and we just click. Our personalities, our sense of humor, everything. Now that it's summer, we don't get to see each other often, but we talk everyday on Facebook. We're going skating Friday and I couldn't be more excited happy.gif If I had never told his friend that I liked him, he never would've asked me out, due to his fear of getting friendzoned. tongue.gif

Im in the best relationship ever! Ive been married for almost 4 years now. My husband is the most amazing man ever, even though we are so different. Im a huge animal lover, him not so much. Other then our daughter, we have nothing in common, but it seems to work for us smile.gif

Oh, lord, where do I start...

so I broke up with my ex about 4 or 5 months ago, it was an awful conclusion and I still loved him. The problem started when this guy, whom I was friends with, asked me out. I said no, he still kept on tagging after me, so we were informally going out for a bit, but I wasn't really that happy, and I asked him yesterday to terminate the relationship. He threatened suicide (did this a couple of times,, which is why it took so long for me to break up the relationship with him) and then when I was adamant, he messaged me again about 20 minutes later, said he'd Od'd on sleeping pills, and said goodbye.

Hasn't got a message or call from him since. I'm a bit worried. But at the same time a bit relieved, although admitting that gives me a lot of guilt.

BTW, we're both over the age of 20, and I do have extremely high amounts of empathy and stuff, but right after you got out of a hospital and risking severe depression isn't the best time to start a relationship, I guess. I did tell him that.

Edited by ylangylang

I met a guy in theatre. Several months passed, and then he dumped me 'becasue he wanted to protect me', says he still loves me, and I asked if he wanted to make it work, he said no, and now here I am.

...But it really is nothing like that, this is the pg-13 version. Our version is more... R-ish, with a asston of drama in the end-ish part.

Drama dating = NEVER. AGAIN.

I'm more trying to get into a relationship with a friend I've had for a few years... having trouble coming up with how to tell her how I feel.

I'm more trying to get into a relationship with a friend I've had for a few years... having trouble coming up with how to tell her how I feel.

Aren't we all? I realized I had a crush on him when he started to date this girl and I felt jealous. However, I felt horrible when I was overjoyed that it wasn't going to work out. >.<

I'm just patiently waiting for the guy I like to break up with his girlfriend. He knows I like him, and shows signs of interest too which is good. He is definitely worth waiting for. wub.gif

the guy im dating was my friend for a long time, when he asked me out i wanted to wait a bit longer, we waited over the summer to be sure we were right for each other and that was two years ago. people say not to date your friends, but then where did they get the name boy"friend" or girl"friend". we play videogames and have fun. i dont think our relationship would be half as fun if we werent friends

^^ He's so sweet and always there if i need him

I'm 14, never had a serious relationship. I like to think that the reason for that is a mix between me being shy an me not knowing anyone who seems "right". Not sure if one of the other bears more heavily on it.

I'm content with it though. Not really looking for a girlfriend. If someone comes along that I think might be "right" then I'd probably pursue them, or try to, but I haven't met any girls who I can really relate to.

Edited by Kei To Everything

I'm in the "brother zone." It's worse than the friend zone. Because I'm the guy she whines to about the guys she actually likes. And feels okay being mean to, because I'm "practically her brother" and she "knows I won't take it badly." Oh honey, if only you knew.

So yeah. Digging out of this hole is nigh on impossible, but she's worth waiting for if it works out. If it doesn't, well, I didn't lose anything. And gained a pretty amazing friend. She's... great.

the guy im dating was my friend for a long time, when he asked me out i wanted to wait a bit longer, we waited over the summer to be sure we were right for each other and that was two years ago. people say not to date your friends, but then where did they get the name boy"friend" or girl"friend". we play videogames and have fun. i dont think our relationship would be half as fun if we werent friends

^^ He's so sweet and always there if i need him

It isn't a good relationship if you aren't "friends" at the least. People say not to date people that you were friends with BEFORE... but pretty much every couple does "friend stuff" as part of being a couple.