poisonedlove

Comment box on scroll

how about still being able to leave comments on people's descriptions for dragons after theyve been approved?

i mean.. this would be convenient to help with further issues. Like i didnt see once that i wrote "he"everywhere when it was a girl dragon. it would help with grammatical issues and for people who write a story with their descriptions like me, im sure theres more, with ideas for more because continuing a story for 100+ dragons could get a little hard and suggestions would be very helpful.

i think having a small comment box would be very convenient. but if ya'll wouldnt like it. thats fine. could be too difficult to add to the main site

a report button could be added for people who like to spam and post rude messages.

but for people who like to write and think its fun, we can't pull inspiration from no where and having people suggest things and support you would make things LOADS better. like when writing descriptions i was slightly discouraged because no ones really going to read it, but if youre able to leave comments it could make people want to read them more. instead of having to do it through the forum

Edited by poisonedlove

I think an inter-scroll messaging system would make more sense, and accomplish the same thing.

I wouldn't mind this - I liked my comments, and felt kinda sad when I got my descriptions approved because they all went away. Being able to get further input (as well as just general comments) would be nice. Edited by RheaZen

I wouldn't mind this either. :3

The biggest problem I see though is stuff like spammy, hateful, and beggy comments being posted. :x

i kept getting rejected by this grammar freak and all the advice was, was add a comma or little bitty things that didnt matter. one person even threatened to get a mod on me cuz it appeared i kept resubmitting it with unnoticeable changes.

but youre going to get hateful messages wherever you go. and you can always add a report button.

Edited by poisonedlove

As long as it's opt-in, I'd support it!

I don't do descriptions often, but I can see how this would be helpful to some people.

i kept getting rejected by this grammar freak and all the advice was, was add a comma or little bitty things that didnt matter. one person even threatened to get a mod on me cuz it appeared i kept resubmitting it with unnoticeable changes.

but youre going to get hateful messages wherever you go. and you can always add a report button.

Descriptions actually aren't allowed to go through with the level of grammar in, say, your posts. It's against the rules. Mods aren't going to approve descriptions that read like this post does, so if your descriptions do, they are going to get people rejecting them.

this is just me typing fast. i generally read through and then do a grammar check on myself if its something that needs approving. and i have firefox so its also always checking me as well

anyways this isnt about my sometimes bad grammar.

Edited by poisonedlove

This was mentioned before (by me exactly) and was shot down cuz why would we comment on a scroll if we can just PM them. And then the lag, like more for the server to have to deal with. It wont work out very well, so I say no.

While I like reading the comments on my descriptions when they are being moderated, I think once they have been approved or rejected the comments have served their purpose and no longer need to be kept nor added to.

While I like reading the comments on my descriptions when they are being moderated, I think once they have been approved or rejected the comments have served their purpose and no longer need to be kept nor added to.

Agreed. If you want to work out more issues, check the proofreaders thread before submitting, read it out loud and catch some mistakes yourself, or even get someone in real like (a parent maybe) to look it over for you. :3

Maybe if this was approved the user could have a choice to delete the rude/spam comments?

How about making it optional? Like scroll visibility?

You can choose to display the comment box, or not to. That way it can work for those who want it and those who dont.

the idea was for like minor talking and inspiration/support for people. and PM can get inconvenient because of how small the inbox is. spam and rude posts can always be reported/deleted.

and you can have like a 25 comment limit before you have to delete it. and i like to see what people actually think of what i write (not just just how well i wrote it) and im sure im not the only one.

i like to see what people actually think of what i write (not just just how well i wrote it) and im sure im not the only one.

Thing is, I think you'd be highly disappointed because, without a marker to show which dragons have descriptions, unless you go around posting your description on a forum or whatnot (and then people will be commenting on it on the forum, anyway, if they want) or name your dragons 'look at the description below me' or something, it's not likely someone is ever going to notice the description to even be able to comment on it.

eh. i dont care much how many really. but it would relieve the forum of a few things i think

Edited by poisonedlove

eh. i dont care much how many really. but it would relieve the forum of a few things i think

What would it relieve, exactly ? I can't see any useful purpose for this one - sorry.

i think it can be slightly useful but it's not really a need. i wouldnt mind this. especially if there was an option to turn it off

I wouldn't mind this, but bad comments come into mind. If you are a newbie, and only have 2 or 4 dragons/eggs/hatchies, someone may comment something bad, or a group of users could bully. I'm not really into this.

I'd have to say no to this because spam would probably factor its way into the equation.

apart from spam and hate

i can't see why not. i know i would like it. i love getting comments and crits on my work

Yes! I can definatly see myself using this. Not only to point out errors that weren't caught but also if you read a particularly good description and want to tell the person but can't because they've got their scroll hidden or they aren't even a member on the forum.

Thing is, I think you'd be highly disappointed because, without a marker to show which dragons have descriptions, unless you go around posting your description on a forum or whatnot (and then people will be commenting on it on the forum, anyway, if they want) or name your dragons 'look at the description below me' or something, it's not likely someone is ever going to notice the description to even be able to comment on it.

I think this is a really good point. With the way the cave is at the moment, I don't think a feature like this would get used very much, unless 1) a feature to show which dragons are described comes into play or 2) people post on the forum about their descriptions. In the latter case, they can just get comments here anyway.

So I don't really see the need for this and I don't think it would end up being used much because it would be too difficult to tell who has described their dragons and who hasn't.