Renorei

ANSWERED:New Biome: Wasteland

@annagecko:

Well, to me, I wasn't here when they decided for freezing, so this is the only time I could get an opinon on in it. Also, its a spell to stop aging, so what, the hatching is still alive, meaning immortal? Oh dear, poor hatchlings, cursed to live forever until the end of the universe.....If not immortal, the how long does the frozen hatchling has left to live, if no time, means immortal, am I wrong, i don't think so, how is it possible?

Second, if freezing is alright then, why can't i suggest another action that requires the use of owner magic? hmm? If I can, sense when....

Third: Isn't enchanting meaning: To use a spell to enchant or grant an object or living being with a certain power? So, wouldn't freezing be just like enchanting a dragon hatchling? If so, the why can't we ask for more enchanted DR? Is it to unrealistic, even though we are Mages or something relevant with magic as our scroll determines it when attempt to revive a dead/killed adult dragon.....

I'm just getting to the point, if freezing allowed, allow enchanted drgons and other suggested defined actions pertaining with magic...

Yes, I know, not the best of place to fight this with, but you wanted to know why I didn't want wasteland hatchlings become frozen, now you know....

Fourth: Even though the above not pertained to the ot, the below does....

Wasteland Idea: Love it, just please don't make the hatchlings hidden, it would still be considerably hard to catch as probably most common hunters will be in there catching the hatchling, even though it aids the egg hunters....

But if they have 10 days of time, I'd probably not go there and rather catch eggs, 10 days = 5 day wait to hatch, maybe 6 without incubate as it takes it 14 days....

Eggs for me 3-4 days hatch, 1-2 day mature, 1 day to adult hood, going by most days, = 7 day wait....I still find that considerabbly annoying....

Edited by White-Sword-Master

oh, and one more thing, is this biome going to have rare hatchlings?

Probably not, if the cave is using data on what eggs sit in the cave for a long time as its basis for what kinds of hatchlings it should put in the Wasteland.

@~!~: That makes me feel a whole lot better about this wasteland idea then, so thank you, and I really hope this actually becomes activated, or at least tried, so if it fails, we all know it failed, etc....No shame in trying, or is there? Oh well, I hope to see it enacted upon, of course the biomes are new to me still, but I guess I'm used to it, makes it a little easier...

It seems useful, but there is the kinks that many people might not get a rare hatchling, even on the AP and Caves Rares are usually claimed before a person can get them.

Perhaps it can be wild dragons. I seen plenty of hatchlings from Wild Dragons and maybe the Wild dragons can be reinserted into DC life (I saw plenty of Hatchlings amongst the wild ones I want) But it seems odd to drop a hatchling in a wasteland though, with no food and no protection.

There could be a timer, if the timer goes off then the hatchlings might be killed by predators or die of starvation, that would be it more worth it

It seems useful, but there is the kinks that many people might not get a rare hatchling, even on the AP and Caves Rares are usually claimed before a person can get them.

The point of this suggestion isn't so people can get rare hatchlings. It's so they can get blocker-breed hatchlings, which are more appealing than blocker-breed eggs.

Unless I missed something.

Perhaps it can be wild dragons. I seen plenty of hatchlings from Wild Dragons and maybe the Wild dragons can be reinserted into DC life (I saw plenty of Hatchlings amongst the wild ones I want) But it seems odd to drop a hatchling in a wasteland though, with no food and no protection.

There could be a timer, if the timer goes off then the hatchlings might be killed by predators or die of starvation, that would be it more worth it

Rare hatchlings aren't supposed to show up here. These hatchlings are from the cave-blockers, which will in effect help people get rares from the Caves.

Wild Dragons will never come to live on scrolls again, it was stated so by TJ. Wild Dragons sometimes breed, but otherwise than that, we do not get to interact with them. They're wild for a reason.

Even after letting the idea incubate, I'm not a fan of grabbing hatchlings for the cave. I'm already working on much subtler ways of dealing with cave blockers, so I don't see a huge need for a feature such as this.

So I'm going to close this instead of letting people continue discussing this as a viable idea.