Pixxelation

BLARGH ARTISH STUFFS

Welcome to my Sprite Shack!

I have improved my spriting skills! I will not be taking requests, but will be taking one egg commission at a time (Soon, but not yet). For now, this is just a place I will be dumping sprites for crits and such. Some of these may be DRs, and others just blarghrandomspritestuffs.

COMPLETED WORKS:

user posted imageuser posted image

I made those two avatars for Switch to commemorate 1 year of making custom eggs. Please don't use unless me or Switch!

WiPs:

SUPERSONIC/GLOWTAIL AMPHIPTERE

user posted image

Just a project I'm working on. I got bored, so I started to sketch out an idea of mine, and I discovered I wasn't as bad at drawing as I thought.

COMMISSION INFO:

None for now. Coming soon!

Edited by PieMaster

Topic wiped at OPs request.

Thanks for the wipe, Kiff!

Anyone have crits on the Anubites?

Edited by PieMaster

Thanks for the wipe, Kiff!

Anyone have crits on the Anubites?

they looo nice. I think you need more... sprite for it. it lools cartoony. =P

Shading progress of female. Still a WiP.

user posted image

I likes to dither. I am still playing with the highlights and near wing. I did not yet shade gold areas or the head.

user posted image

I likes to dither. I am still playing with the highlights and near wing. I did not yet shade gold areas or the head.

Its looks so realistic like painted with real paint now <3

Thanks everyone! I used lots of dithering to make the shading smooth. I still have a lot of editing to do though.

I agree with everyone that it's a nice sprite, but the shading looks more like a gradient then shading. Its muscles and stuff need a little definition in my opinion. :3

(By the way, your animated thingy is almost done. Sorry it's been taking so long; you have full permission to kick me. x( )

That's the main crit I've been hearing. I'm working on it, but may or may not be able to do it. I'm too new at this, I think D:

Edited by PieMaster

Everyone starts somewhere. With sprites I generally put the light source in the upper left corner. It looks as if your light source is directly above it. I've been told that an upper left light source is generally the easiest.

As a reminder, draw a sun where your light source is.

Edited by kiffren

user posted image

You looking for crits on your sprites???? Read the first post... seems you are...

Some of these are probably just me saying... stuff...

~She looks a bit short... Most amphitheres don't have legs, but have looong tails... for some reason...

~The dithering makes it look rough and bumpy, try to get a balance between dithering and block shading.

~The wings wouldn't be that dark, unless they are underneath the dragon, but even then, there would be more light coming through the holes.

~The tail gets too thin in such a short space...

Sometimes a potato, yesssssssssss. I hope you do throw a potato in here at some point. x3

~

user posted image

I think it needs a bit more of a chest. The back dips down really far, which gives us the curve, but she doesn't have much of a chest. The shading is also really dark. I'd try to use a bit more contrast in your shades. There are also some places that the lines could use some smoothing - the back, top part of the tail, and the neck/chest area. I might also make the far wing a little bigger. Looks small, mostly because it doesn't connect back as far as the close wing does. I like your color choices and the inspiration, though. :3

MAJOR SPRITE UPDATE!

user posted image

Took in as many crits as I could.

Edited by PieMaster

Me thinks the back shading is a bit too dynamic. Like, maybe not white. Edited by UmbreWulf

user posted image

Potatobump. New arts:

This is the Kiwi Fruit Fairy Pygmy. I have two versions of the tail: Bunnehtail user posted image and Kittehtail user posted image.

Update of Anubite female. Still working on the stail, ignore the shading there: user posted image

SUPERSONIC/GLOWTAIL AMPHIPTERE

user posted image

Just a project I'm working on. I got bored, so I started to sketch out an idea of mine, and I discovered I wasn't as bad at drawing as I thought.

The light at the end of the tail is transparent ^^