Dragonguy73

Roosters-Male Chickens

I say no.

I think hens are enough. This is Dragon Cave. Not Chicken Coop.

But my Dragongrrrl does keep a chicken coop! xd.png

My Hens would really like a good Roo around the henhouse. A Rooster who knows his job is protective of his ladies, always scanning for hawks or other threats, and deciding any arguments among the flock. He calls everyone when a new tidbit is available, and taking a quick sample, waits while his ladies eat what they want, contenting himself with their leftovers. In matter of courtship, he dances first to show his chosen mate how skillful he is, hoping she will approve of his solicitations.

A good Roo is an amazing creature, and I'd love to see a few in the Cave. One to somewhere between 10 to 20 hens would be a good balance. wub.gif

I feel the tallest tail feather on the adult is too straight, it needs to curve more

Maybe by breeding chickens you could get a special colored chicken. Otherwise, it seems pretty lame. I don't have a chicken of my own. But if I did, it would be cool if I could get an even rarer chicken by breeding them. biggrin.gif

You can find the rooster sprite on the chicken page of the dragon cave wiki. We don't need to have new ones made.

i think this is completely unnecessary, seeing as though we breed and raise dragons in this cave...

chickens are just a weird quirk of the game, based off a joke (what i heard). i wouldn't want to let them be able to breed. so why have roosters? i don't get it.

i wouldn't want to let them be able to breed. so why have roosters? i don't get it.

Because hens are not asexual. You need roosters to make more chickens. Where do our chickens come from, if not roosters. If you do not want to collect roosters, then don't. I don't want my playstyle hindered by someone who does not want roosters in their own cave. I want roosters in my cave. My family used to raise chickens for food. We had a rooster, and that boy was violent. We had to keep him away from the hens, since he always fought with them. I would like to have a rooster who likes his hens. I want roosters in my cave.

I'd love to have roosters. Maybe not breedable like dragons are, but it would add some variety to the chickens. smile.gif

IT'S BACK.

I would LOVE roosters in the cave. laugh.gif Not only would it be awesome, but the ability to breed chickens might lessen their overall rarity (a very good thing) and the space chicken project could go nuts with it.

Also, edwardelricfreak's cockatrice idea is brilliant.

You can find the rooster sprite on the chicken page of the dragon cave wiki. We don't need to have new ones made.

Technically that's the Halloween sprite for it. I don't think it's the original, unless they took the original and used it for Halloween.

I support, I would love to have roasters and I also support the idea to make chickens breedable.

You don't want chickens, don't colllect them. I don't like balloons so I don't have them in my scroll. Simple as that.

I support but make it so that they can only breed once a year and have multiple at one time

Chickens lay eggs almost every day but they don't sit on eggs but maybe once a year.

I love this idea, but I guess the main reason it could work against the idea of dragons is that the extreme rarity of a rooster might make it more desirable than rare dragon breeds. laugh.gif

As people have suggested before, a rooster could have a 1/30 ratio of hatching from a chicken egg. The joke presented by the hens would remain the same, but only would be built upon by adding a fun extra to the game.

Anyway, if roosters and hens would be unable to breed, what would be the point of adding roosters in the first place? I agree with the fact that there should be a rare chance of breeding a cockatrice, as they are dragon like creatures. Cockatrices are usually depicted having dragon-like wings, dragon-like tails, and sometimes even dragon-like bodies. The only notable difference that it wasn't a full fledged dragon would be it's scrawny chicken head.

The ideas of dinos seems more absurd then cockatrices, as dinos share little resemblance to the dragons commonly found in Dragon Cave.

I know my point got a little lost, but overall, what is wrong with another joke?

We might as well add a cracker and grape dragon to go with the cheese dragon, yes?

They could make a nice little food trio.

~bump for more input~

I WANT ROOSTERS!

I support adding roosters. However, I don't think they should be able to breed. And I'm also opposed to having chickens and roosters, and not having a breed option. It's just too non-intuitive to have a male and a female of the same species and be unable to breed them together. (Also, we'd eternally be getting suggestion/request threads about allowing them to breed.)

My solution: include a breed option, but have the breeding result always be "The two chickens breed to produce an egg. It was delicious."

This, this, this, this, this, this, this!

I love this idea so much~ would love to see a rooster added with this option in. I mean we probably still get requests of people wanting them to produce actual eggs but it can be added into the suggestion rules that that will be a no no and threads containing that can/will be closed.

You know, thinking about chicken breeding and coloring eggs for Easter - why not allow people to have their chickens "breed" eggs that the user can chose to blow and color? This would allow us to decorate chicken eggs as pygmy-sized eggs of any breed we have. Frozen eggs, anyone?

Although that would probably work better without roosters...

Try to breed it - yes. Try to use another "summon" - no. Plus, shouldn't cockatrices be breedable?

Try to breed it - yes. Try to use another "summon" - no. Plus, shouldn't cockatrices be breedable?

Yeah maybe it would be better as a hybrid. It would also avoid what people are calling "chicken lineages" because there would be cockatrices involved and not just pure chickens. But I also feel like a cockatrice would be rare and should be summoned.

Edited by Tardigrade

I'd absolutely love having roosters. biggrin.gif I wouldn't mind at all if they didn't breed, but I adore the Rooster sprite that was used for the Halloween dress up.

I personally don't want them to breed so maybe cockatrices can be 'sterile'? They produce a cockatrice egg that grows up make or female but in the cave is shown as ungendered and thus cannot breed? I don't know.

I like the rooster idea, and breed able wouldn't ruffly my feathers. Though perhaps to keep them as rare as they are the could lay eggs they sell in markets if it failed, that just some that could happen, I don't care either way what happens other than there being a rooster.

What if breeded eggs can hatch only roosters?

You can take as many chickens you want from the cave, but just one rooster taken from the biomes can be on your scroll. To have more roosters you can only trade them or breed it with a chicken.

Chicken wouldn't be less rare because you cannot have them by breeding a rooster x chicken. You could only have a rooster with the breeding action.

I like this idea because it reminds me "What came first, the chicken or the egg?"

Edited by Naruhina_94

A little confusing but nice ideas.

I would like to see the Roosters as an own, unbreedable species, like the chickens. Huntable in all biomes and, as a rare, a bit tricky to get one.^^

And maybe there is room for a genderless version. Thought about this: if a user collected both "dragons", chicken and rooster, it should be possible to summon a special kind of dragon, which grows up to a chick with an unknown gender.