Dragonguy73

Roosters-Male Chickens

Lol! Perfect! I love that! And we should have a badge for that. But also...hens lay eggs with or without the rosters breeding processes. Those eggs are sold to stores and are eaten. When a roster and a hen to their thing and produces and egg(s) those are not eaten. If you were to eat them...let’s just say I accidently got a fertile egg....and it was disgusting.

First of all I'd love to see roosters added, but no breeding.

Second, if you eat a fertilized egg and it tastes off its because it got left under the hen too long or it had gone bad. I personally can't taste a difference between fertilized and unfertilized farm fresh eggs.

Fertile eggs taste exactly the same as infertile ones. All eggs that are going bad taste gross though...so maybe you just got a bad egg?

As much as I'd like to see roosters floating around being the quirky jerks they are (/hasraisedchickens), this idea has been shot down so many times I don't have much hope for it. :/

.... Although this is a ridiculous idea, I keep laughing at the thought of chickens laying an egg every once in a while (presumably, set so that it only happens when one isn't egglocked), but it's just unable to hatch, whether a rooster is on the scroll or not. Instead you could feed it to one of your hatchlings and make it grow faster xd.png Not gonna happen but it still made me smile.

...... Also, fertilized eggs don't taste different from unfertilized eggs. Visually there will be a difference if the hen sits on it for a while (I think that was mentioned), and personally, cracking open an egg and seeing a little blood inside has made me sick.

Lol

Edited by digipup

Why are we debating eating fertilized eggs?

This is a game. This is a funny little line in a game. It really doesn't matter if you would IRL or not, it's just a game. If it bothers you that much just don't breed em.

I like the idea of roosters and the "it was delicious" line. I like the badge idea too. It doesn't even need to be a BSA just the breeding option and you occasionally get a badge. Chickens and Roosters shouldn't be able to produce more chickens though.

I was just going to pop in to say that I STILL think that Roosters are a great idea that I hope reach fruition one of these years - as little as I'd like to see LBD imploding, lol.

But our Halloween transvestite hen/roosters certainly were adorable.

While the addition of a rooster would be neat, it doesn't matter to me one way or another. However, I do find great amusement in the arguments against one. (And all other things that aren't dragon.)

"This is dragon cave, not rooster cave." Etc. If you look at nature, there isn't just one species to a cave. There are all sorts of creatures, large and small in occupancy.

And to replies with "This is dragon cave" well, then why not just dump all the sprites that aren't a dragon? And not allow anything else from now on? And especially that leetle tree. The horror! Get RID of that leetle tree! xd.png

wink.gif

Sorry. I just had to, because I keep seeing the same arguments for against over and over and over again. If you don't like something, don't collect it.

It would be nice to have roosters on Dragon Cave since female and male chicken are naturally occurring.

Having them able to breed would be a bit much, since it isn't "Chicken Cave," but I suppose an added bonus of a BSA and badge would be cool..

Exactly. I mean surely a rooster can't hurt. Why only this Halloween the chickens were dressed as them. Besides, I think it's a cute idea, people can have their own little chicken family.

They don't have to breed

I really like this idea! I do love the little chickens, and their rooster costumes were so cute, I'd like some on my scroll other than just at Halloween.

I support adding roosters. However, I don't think they should be able to breed. And I'm also opposed to having chickens and roosters, and not having a breed option. It's just too non-intuitive to have a male and a female of the same species and be unable to breed them together.

I'm actually neither here, nor there on the chicken lineage issue, it would be fun to be able to get more chicken eggs, but it also doesn't really seem necessary. I do, however agree, if there are male and female it would be a shame if they couldn't breed.

My solution: include a breed option, but have the breeding result always be "The two chickens breed to produce an egg. It was delicious."

So, I really like this idea, breeding chickens as they should, but without the problem of them becoming less rare, or dealing with chicken lineages or the complaints of them not really supposed to be a major part of the game like that.

I remember the rooster sprite that floated around for a bit, and I thought that would have been neat to have on my scroll. :3 I can definitely see the arguments for and against, though.

"It was delicious" or "One of your dragons found it delicious" sounds like a great solution to many of the anti-rooster concerns, though. If we add in the little frying pan with an egg badge someone mentioned, that would be even better. Those who want them get roosters, chickens are still rare, and no actual breeding happens (which kills any arguments about dinos/papers/cheese/etc being able to breed in the future).

A rooster would be pretty cool .__.

But then, would the chickens become a species that you can breed?

Really, I don't see why chickens shouldn't be breedable. I mean, I understand that they're a joke. But where is it written that jokes can't be breedable? Why are funny lineages outlawed? Apparently, they are. Apparently lineages are serious business and chickens are funny and there can't be any overlap. I think it's kind of foolish, myself.

I guess you could go with the idea that you can't get chickens to breed on command. I think it would be kind of fun, if you had a male and female chicken, to randomly get a message on your scroll saying "One of your chickens has laid an egg? Do you want to keep it or abandon it?" Only after choosing "keep" would it start taking up space on your scroll, gaining v/uv/c, and losing time, and if you choose "abandon" it goes straight to the AP.

And, of course, if you want it gone, you can choose to kill it. But instead of "You murder a poor innocent baby dragon like the heartless monster that you are," you get a message like "You fry the egg. It's delicious." And the dead egg immediately disappears from your scroll.

I personally think chickens should be able to breed with roosters, roosters should be introduced and eggs which hatch into chickens or roosters should be laid... because normally that's what chickens do? :v

I like the idea of breeding chickens and roosters.

*However*, have the egg automatically drop to the AP, after a message: 'the hen wanders away, and lays an egg outside the caves'.

i like the idea of Roosters and the joke breeding message but no egg production. maybe after 100 breedings or something users coudl get a fried egg badge tongue.gif

i know there was a rooster concept floating around, but i did a few myself for teh S2 hatchie and Adult Rooster happy.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Red2111

Ooh, I like the idea of having 3 different versions! I guess it would ultimately be up to TJ whether to include one, two, or all three, but I personally like all of those ones.

Really, I don't see why chickens shouldn't be breedable. I mean, I understand that they're a joke. But where is it written that jokes can't be breedable? Why are funny lineages outlawed? Apparently, they are. Apparently lineages are serious business and chickens are funny and there can't be any overlap. I think it's kind of foolish, myself.

I guess you could go with the idea that you can't get chickens to breed on command. I think it would be kind of fun, if you had a male and female chicken, to randomly get a message on your scroll saying "One of your chickens has laid an egg? Do you want to keep it or abandon it?" Only after choosing "keep" would it start taking up space on your scroll, gaining v/uv/c, and losing time, and if you choose "abandon" it goes straight to the AP.

And, of course, if you want it gone, you can choose to kill it. But instead of "You murder a poor innocent baby dragon like the heartless monster that you are," you get a message like "You fry the egg. It's delicious." And the dead egg immediately disappears from your scroll.

A fried egg should appear on a scroll....

I think those roosters look great! I'd love some on my Scroll to keep my girls company!

Really, I don't see why chickens shouldn't be breedable.

The biggest problem is that this is Dragon Cave, not Farm_____.

Edited by CNR4806

I like the idea of the addition of roosters, with a breeding function that always yields the eaten egg result.

I like the idea of the joke badge, too, if you do it so often.

The biggest problem is that this is Dragon Cave, not Farm_____.

I don't suppose "but the chickens are already there" would make much of a difference here. Either way, though, I've seen this dragon-exclusive mentality a lot on this site, and I can't wrap my mind around it. I think so long as the definite majority of creatures you can collect on this site are dragons, it's acceptable to have a few that are not. If people started wanting a wide variety of domestic birds to go along with the chickens, that would be more objectionable, I think, than wanting chickens breedable.

(I've made a similar argument about other mythological creatures, too. So long as there's only, for example, one hydra, and it's just The Hydra, the world won't come crashing about our ears. If we start making 57 different kinds of hydras that can all interbreed with each other, then it starts becoming Hydra Cave, and no one wants that.)

I can only assume that when TJ first created the chicken, he didn't expect people to want to collect them. For me, and for most players who've already gotten a few chickens, the novelty of "oh ha ha a chicken in the cave" has worn off. They're not even a joke anymore, just another unbreedable that some people like to collect, like the Paper dragon.

I love the idea of Roosters. The 1 in 20 or whatever odds was a nice touch especially since you generally only need 1 rooster for several hens. Assuming of course this were the real world and not a Dragon Cave joke.

I don't really see the need for breeding, but I do like the idea of a Cockatrice. Perhaps someone could create a cockatrice dragon and perhaps one of its favorite foods could be chicken eggs. That would explain why there are so few of them. Or Outer Space.

I do and always have loved this idea. (I'd prefer if you could just have your female hen lay an egg with no rooster involved though. Those eggs are infertile. I'd feel bad eating a fertile egg.)

I love the idea of Roosters. The 1 in 20 or whatever odds was a nice touch especially since you generally only need 1 rooster for several hens. Assuming of course this were the real world and not a Dragon Cave joke.

I don't really see the need for breeding, but I do like the idea of a Cockatrice. Perhaps someone could create a cockatrice dragon and perhaps one of its favorite foods could be chicken eggs. That would explain why there are so few of them. Or Outer Space.

I like the idea of roosters, too, and the 1 in 20 of getting them. I think chickens should be able to lay eggs regardless, since they do that irl anyway. Perhaps the male could even be infertile, too; however, since the cockatrice does come from a ROOSTER egg, maybe then the rooster would have this kind of BSA to lay an egg that could hatch into a cockatrice.

totally sure this has been said by someone before but I only read the first and last page