Dragonguy73

Roosters-Male Chickens

I don't really think having roosters in the mix would really do any harm, but maybe there should be a rooster limit, otherwise people would start creating armies of chickens. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but if everyone just all of the sudden started breeding chickens, they wouldn't be rare anymore, would they? Or, maybe every once in a while, the other dragons could decide to have a little snack to decrease the chicken population.

The more chickens there are, the less they will appear in the cave, not the other way around. Although I'm not sure how long they add to the ratios, maybe a few months? A year?

We already have some people who are amassing chicken armies. I for one would be livid if my dragons ate any of my chickens.

I'm not going to put out my actual opinion here atm, as having only hens doesn't make sense. But having hens and roosters unable to breed doesn't make sense. And having Cchickens take as long as dragons to breed again doesn't make sense. And making a cute, *rare*, *laughably valuble* joke egg common via explosive breeding doesn't make me happy.

This ^^

Oh and this just made me laugh xd.png

However, I would prefer that the chickens not be able to breed.  The adult and hatchling/chick descriptions don't really make sense with the idea that you intentionally bred the egg - they both say something along the lines of "You really have no idea what the egg was doing in the cave."  If you bred it, unless you had serious memory issues, you should remember very well why it was in the cave/on your scroll.

I like the "The two chickens breed to produce an egg. It was delicious." Idea a TON.

I really don't like this idea. I see no reason why someone would eat a fertilized egg to begin with. I guess it's just me though and it may be because I was raised around chickens...but making breakfast out of a fertilized egg just sounds weird to me.

I suggested this elsewhere, but I thought the chicken could use a BSA "cluck" which would call a rooster to be a badge. People didn't like it though since it forces you to pick up a chicken to get the badge.

I really don't like this idea. I see no reason why someone would eat a fertilized egg to begin with. I guess it's just me though and it may be because I was raised around chickens...but making breakfast out of a fertilized egg just sounds weird to me.

I suggested this elsewhere, but I thought the chicken could use a BSA "cluck" which would call a rooster to be a badge. People didn't like it though since it forces you to pick up a chicken to get the badge.

ACTUALLY quite a lot of the eggs one eats (assuming you buy free-run eggs, which is the way to be nice to chooks...) will be fertilised. You have no way of knowing...

Just saying biggrin.gif

ACTUALLY quite a lot of the eggs one eats (assuming you buy free-run eggs, which is the way to be nice to chooks...) will be fertilised. You have no way of knowing...

Just saying biggrin.gif

Actually, there's several clues, but I'm not going into detail about that here.

I've got to say, I like the "it was delicious" egg idea. Maybe regardless of whether Roosters are introduced Chickens have a breed offspring which just says "Your chicken lays an egg! It was delicious."

See, no fertilisation necessary.

(I still like the Rosster idea in general, though.)

I agree with everything.

But I think that the breeding option should be rare.

I mean, make the chance of they produce a egg smaller than the dragon's chance of producing a egg.

This way chickens would still be rare, but not impossible to get more on our scrolls.

When breeding, we could get something like:

"The two chickens breed to produce an egg. It was delicious."

"The two chickens breed to produce an egg. But it fell to the ground and cracked sad.gif."

"The two chickens breed to produce an egg. It was a sucess."

"The two chickens breed to produce an egg. But it was so hot that it turned into a fried egg!"

And, with the last one, we would get a fry pan badge. smile.gif

Fertilised eggs are perfectly safe to eat. They are no different from eggs that haven't been fertilised. As Fuzzbucket said before, many eggs we eat are fertilised, so I don't see the problem.

I actually quite like the idea of Roosters, as long as the chance of breeding is still rare.

I'm sure the dragons on your scroll don't care if the chicken egg was fertilized. Just keep the chickens away from them once they find out they regularly produce snacks : )

I like "Cluck" too.

I agree with everything.

But I think that the breeding option should be rare.

I mean, make the chance of they produce a egg smaller than the dragon's chance of producing a egg.

This way chickens would still be rare, but not impossible to get more on our scrolls.

When breeding, we could get something like:

"The two chickens breed to produce an egg. But it fell to the ground and cracked sad.gif."

"The two chickens breed to produce an egg. It was a sucess."

"The two chickens breed to produce an egg. But it was so hot that it turned into a fried egg!"

And, with the last one, we would get a fry pan badge. smile.gif

support. but there should be an omalet badge instead of a pan.

user posted image

IT'S A SIGN.

But of what ?

user posted image

Edited by fuzzbucket

That one is a ref to last year's HH rainbow chicken, which some people struggled to find. I'm hoping that since we got male Tangars through Xmas dressup that we'll get Roosters through Halloween dressup smile.gif

Edited by PieMaster

That one is a ref to last year's HH rainbow chicken, which some people struggled to find. I'm hoping that since we got male Tangars through Xmas dressup that we'll get Roosters through Halloween dressup smile.gif

I just meant it might not be what you hope. xd.png

(as in user posted imagesad.gif)

Ah, lol xP I hope we get Roosters--that would be awesome. Just imagine what LBD would do xd.png

Fertilised eggs are perfectly safe to eat. They are no different from eggs that haven't been fertilised. As Fuzzbucket said before, many eggs we eat are fertilised, so I don't see the problem.

I actually quite like the idea of Roosters, as long as the chance of breeding is still rare.

Actually the eggs we get at the store usually come from hens that have no contact with roosters. A fertilized egg will have a red yolk because the embryo has a blood supply.

Well, you could modify the statement to say, "Your chickens breed and produce an egg. One of your dragons found it especially delicious!" So that it doesn't necessarily imply that it was consumed by the scroll owner.

Actually the eggs we get at the store usually come from hens that have no contact with roosters. A fertilized egg will have a red yolk because the embryo has a blood supply.

Not all the time. If you take a fertilized egg from a hen and don't allow her to go broody the embryo won't develop and your egg will be fine. /raised chickens

How about a poll to see how many would support this idea?

Ah, lol xP I hope we get Roosters--that would be awesome. Just imagine what LBD would do xd.png

She already said she didn't want roosters.

I personally would rather have a badge.

Lol! Perfect! I love that! And we should have a badge for that. But also...hens lay eggs with or without the rosters breeding processes. Those eggs are sold to stores and are eaten. When a roster and a hen to their thing and produces and egg(s) those are not eaten. If you were to eat them...let’s just say I accidently got a fertile egg....and it was disgusting.

Loving the egg/badge idea. Breeding them with a rooster would make them even more rare o.o but maybe there could be an action where" you check your chickens nest and find an egg, it was delicious!" And eventually get some sort of cooked egg badge or plate/pan

A fertilized egg will have a red yolk because the embryo has a blood supply.

This is 100% false. I have 22 chickens with a rooster (and have hatched many chicks) and all of the eggs I eat are fertilized. The only way they get any blood in them is if they are incubated, and even then it takes 48 hours for the circulatory system to even begin to develop. At 3 days the blood vessels are visible to the naked eye if you were to candle it.

Also, the yolk doesn't turn red as it's just a food source for the chick. The blood vessels form on the inner membrane of the egg. There should never be any loose blood in a developing egg unless your chick is dead.

*off soapbox*

Yeah, I'm a crazy chicken lady.

Here's another vote for rooster idea! I LOVE the rooster on my scroll and besides, how is it that every chicken egg you get from the cave is female? And how do you get fertile eggs in the cave anyway without a rooster? IT MAKES NO SENSE. And is such an easy fix... smile.gif

Edited by hokankai