Dragonguy73

Roosters-Male Chickens

No support from me, chickens are an "easter egg" (hardy harr harr) type egg, and they're supposed to be useless. and the whole female only thing makes sense, and yes I know you could make a rooster too, but you're not really supposed to take it that seriously. like I said, it's only in the game for a bit of fun.

I don't really think having roosters is a good idea, purely because I like that chickens are simple. instead, perhaps just add the breed action and have it give the delicious egg message anyways? since chickens still lay eggs either way.

-------------------

Condensed into one post to accomodate merging.

Edited by Jmm

Because hens are always female. :P The males are roosters, which look considerably different.

Fixed! Hah sorry, don't mean to sound so anal =) "Chicken" is mostly a non-specific, general term, like 'dog' or 'cat'.

I've always supported the idea of a rooster sprite, but that's pretty much it regarding chickens in-cave. I like how subtle they are as a joke breed, something you could miss if you didn't pay enough attention (or don't read the wiki).

Well, I vote no to breeding. This is called Dragon Cave, not Chicken Cave, and is for breeding dragons, not chickens. But the egg badge/ leetle egg sounds cute.

Rares are not eligible for BSAs.

Even if they were, chickens are not dragons and are therefore not eligible for any form of breeding on this site, either. All nondragons are gags, that is their purpose. That is their "use". I see no reason to encourage people to scramble and fight over what is (and always has been) one of the rarest eggs in the cave.

Edited by Lythiaren

~Merged, as I don't think the threads are different enough to warrant their own threads~ Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Owning over one rooster will eventually result in either one killing the other.

Keep in mind that our account characters (bleh) breed dragons. You would think that breeding Dinos and Chickens is impossible because our characters don't know how, in addition to the fact that they're jokes. (The only jokes accessible by all users are the Dinos, Chickens, Papers and Cheeses, right? And none of those can breed. If we allow Chickens to breed, soon there'll be complaints about the others.)

And don't say that we can have a rooster but be unable to breed it because you know as well as I do that people will want to breed them, and soon there'll be another thread like this one devoted to letting Chickens breed.

That's not true, and is mostly a myth propagated by inhumane cock fighting and a rooster's protectiveness over his flock. If you have two roosters and a hen and remove the hen from the proximity, the roosters will actually cease fighting. In pecking orders, it's not uncommon to have the dominate male tolerate other males as long as they don't go trying to usurp his position =) How well a rooster accepts others is usually dictated by food sources, amount of space, size of the flock, type of breed, age...

More on topic, I don't think having a rooster sprite necessarily means everyone will be complaining about wanting to breed them or dinos. Like I mentioned, I'm perfectly fine with them remaining unbreedable but still think a rooster sprite would be neat to have. Just a cute little something, doesn't have to be more than that.

Have you ever had chickens? You can have more then one rooster. While the game breeds can be aggressive and fight many other breeds are calmer. We use to have a flock with three roosters in it. They sparred to establish a pecking order (who was boss), but after that there were no problems. Many people have flocks with multiple roos in it. Now that said, I would like to see roosters added, even if they can't breed. I love roosters, they are beautiful. It could even be said that they were capons and that is why they do not breed. For those who do not know a capon is a rooster who has been sterilized as a chick.

I think they should have them as well and should have a longer breeding cool down like maybe a full month.

I wouldn't mind having roosters, but right now I'm not really big on the idea of breeding chickens...

I agree. If a rooster were introduced, forever after there would be Suggestions/Requests for them to breed. I'm sorry, but I have to say no to this idea.

we should just have a rooster badge instead. tongue.gif

a horde of chickens has the option to summon a rooster who turns into a badge, like magikarp.

i mean really, think about it, all those females, not one male, wouldn't that attract any male's attention? wink.gif

we should just have a rooster badge instead. tongue.gif

a horde of chickens has the option to summon a rooster who turns into a badge, like magikarp.

i mean really, think about it, all those females, not one male, wouldn't that attract any male's attention? wink.gif

I like this idea! That would be cute~

I say no.

I think hens are enough. This is Dragon Cave. Not Chicken Coop.

Although, having roosters would be awesome, /\ she has a point. Plus, I don't even have one chicken, adding another rarer one, would be dreadfully painful to catch.

I do support the rooster badge idea! happy.gif

Well it's more a joke thing. In theory if you added roosters you could breed them with the old chickens (now hens) to get eggs that would hatch either gender and grow up accordingly. But it's Dragon Cave not Chicken Cave or anything similar so I think they want it that way. Honestly I'd prefer another dragon instead.

I like the idea of roosters because they're pretty, but I don't like the idea of the chickens breeding. To me the chickens are like the dinos, not dragons and not breeding. Chicken lineages? It just seems weird.

^ This.

Chickens were added as a joke, so they shouldn't be able to breed but it would be nice to have a male counterpart. smile.gif

Plus it would look so cute to have a little chicken family on my scroll. laugh.gif

I don't think it would be bad, as long as there are certain limits so that we won't have a big chicken boom. DC is suppose to hold more dragons then dinos and chickens, but I don't seem why it wouldn't be a bad idea.

I had a real rooster one time...he was died red for easter and he was a strong little fellow...sadly surviving as a chick wasn't enough, soon after he was killed by some animal on my uncle's land.

I think the rooster might be a nice twist, as long as we have limits to them, and perhaps the dinos should breed, but limits must be in place so that the dragons won't be replaced by a large mass of dinos or chickens (I need a chicken egg too, one to mature as a adult and the other to be chicks)

Somewhere in this thread is a post which suggest a breeding outcome something like this:

"The chicken and rooster breed to produce an egg. It was delicious."

I wouldn't mind having that at all, and think it would be hilarious. That way we can have roosters, cut down on breeding suggestions (because they can breed), and keep this place as Dragon Cave and not Chicken Coop.

Somewhere in this thread is a post which suggest a breeding outcome something like this:

"The chicken and rooster breed to produce an egg. It was delicious."

I wouldn't mind having that at all, and think it would be hilarious. That way we can have roosters, cut down on breeding suggestions (because they can breed), and keep this place as Dragon Cave and not Chicken Coop.

The quote was actually added to the first post. :3

I don't collect "non-dragons" but I think the rooster idea and the "delicious egg" idea is a lot of fun. biggrin.gif

I don't know, I mean I eat chicken eggs, but yet I feel bad about having this happen here. Maybe the hens can use this and if a rooster then it will be chicks.

Hens actually can lay eggs without a rooster, however these eggs will never grow into another chicken which is why we eat them

So perhaps that can happen, every once and a while a chicken (normal) can lay a egg and that saying pops up, but if a hen is bred with a rooster then the egg might be more of a chick and then we could use the egg for our own purposes

or if we can somehow feed our dragons chicken eggs...

Edited by Firebirdwyvern

Oh! Thanks Socky, I was wondering where I'd seen it. xd.png

or if we can somehow feed our dragons chicken eggs...

"The two chickens breed to produce an egg, but it was crushed by your dragons in the subsequent rush to get the little treat."

Yess.....

I must say I think Socky's solution is halarious(spellfail)! While I don't care either way, it would certainly be amusing if that was implemented. tongue.gif

I like this idea. Although, I don't think they should be able to produce eggs. But instead, use the "The two chickens breed to produce an egg. It was delicious." phrase. It's funny and that way you don't get an egg for it.

EDIT; Use several phrases, like with normal breeding! Like another suggestion earlier, "The two chickens breed to produce an egg, but it was crushed by your dragons in the subsequent rush to get the little treat.".

Edited by Anquatic

Roosters? Yes.

Breeding chickens? NO. They were added as a joke and giving chickens bigger meaning would just kill the joke.

My solution: include a breed option, but have the breeding result always be "The two chickens breed to produce an egg.  It was delicious."

This quote above? It's made of pure win.