Dragonguy73

Roosters-Male Chickens

True. I would go with past tense. If it just looks delicious, you still might keep it.

I think that the point in that would be that you can't keep it. That would fit better with their being a joke breed.

I like this idea.  I'd never use it because the egg would be fertilized, but it's really quite funny.  It would be great to have that added as a way to allow roosters and chickens to coexist - others could have fun breeding their chickens, and I could have fun raising the roosters and staring at their awesome sprites. xd.png

EDIT:  Still, I think that it would sound slightly more proper to make it, "The two dragons bred to produce an egg.  It was delicious." Or, "The two dragons breed to produce an egg.  It looks delicious."  That way, the past/present-tense doesn't get mixed up.

Then again, I may be wrong with that.  I am by no means an expert on grammar.

I think you're right. However, it should say chickens, not dragons. biggrin.gif

Edited by Sir_Read-a-Lot

I think you're right. However, it should say chickens, not dragons. biggrin.gif

Oh. Right.

Fail.

*Smacks forehead* Thank you for telling me.

My solution: include a breed option, but have the breeding result always be "The two chickens breed to produce an egg. It was delicious."

Oh my gosh. I want this so bad it's not even funny. That would be....the awesomest thing ever. Yes, I know awesomest is not a word, but in this case it is allowed. It just adds to the lighthearted humor of having chickens running around with a bunch of mythical, winged (or not) reptiles.

xd.png

LOL at the breeding comment. DO WANT.

I had an egg for breakfast today~ ♪

I got it from my dragon chicken.

My solution: include a breed option, but have the breeding result always be "The two chickens breed to produce an egg.  It was delicious."

That's funny. I like it. biggrin.gif

Edited by abby42474

My solution: include a breed option, but have the breeding result always be "The two chickens breed to produce an egg. It was delicious."

I could have cared less about whether roosters were added, until I read this.

Yes, please! Add them right now! xd.png

Oh I love this! laugh.gif

It would be nice if doing this the first time gave you a badge of an egg in a little frying pan. Sort of along the lines of Magikarp splash badge or the carrot cave carrot badge. It doesn't give the player anything special except a cute sprite in the trophy area.

That is brilliant! ohmy.gif

Heck, yeah, that would be awesome!

I support adding roosters. However, I don't think they should be able to breed. And I'm also opposed to having chickens and roosters, and not having a breed option. It's just too non-intuitive to have a male and a female of the same species and be unable to breed them together. (Also, we'd eternally be getting suggestion/request threads about allowing them to breed.)

LOL! Epic win! Full support from me. biggrin.gif

@Bo:

Well, thank you very so much and I really appreciate your help, thank you....

Yea, I can tell now, thanks......

My dragon vine did not want to breed with chosen partner....

Completely agree.

Chickens are quite useless as they are right now. So why not make them a bit more useful?

I personally think that chickens should be able to be both genders. I don't see a reason for a person to object to this, sure, a person could argue "No, it would need a new sprite." If it really needs a new sprite, sure, somebody can sprite it(And by saying this, I'm volunteering myself to sprite it(From scratch) if there needs a new sprite), though I can't see why the current chicken sprite couldn't be used.

Now, I know you're thinking "Now you're going to suggest breeding, which will make them less and less rare.". Yes, and no. Chickens should have the ability to breed, but the cool down should be, rather than one week, perhaps two weeks. And as another addition, they should breed like golds/silvers currently do. However, there should be another option.

Give chickens a BSA called "Lay" that can only be used when the chicken can breed, and makes the chicken unable to be able to breed until you are able to use "Lay". Both breeding and "Lay" would use the same timer for cooldown. When you breed, "Lay" becomes unavailable, same vice versa. Using "Lay" with a male chicken gives you the message "You attempt to take an egg from the chicken, but it's a male, so it can't lay any." Though, using "Lay" with a female chicken gives you the message "You attempt to take an egg from the chicken, finding one and taking it." and a Leetle Breakfast Egg, or, in the case of a failure, "You attempt to take an egg from the chicken, but find none."

This Leetle Breakfast Egg will use the same sprite as the normal egg, yet won't ever die until you kill it. Upon killing it, you get the message "You take the breakfast egg and crack it into a bowl.", and this now "dead" breakfast egg will go away after seven days. It will have an option to "Cook" the egg. This is effectively a revive feature. Upon using "Cook" you will either get the message "One of your dragons heats a stone to a high temperature, allowing you to cook the egg, but the stone is too hot, and the egg burns." or, in the case of a success, "One of your dragons heats a stone to a high temperature, allowing you to cook the egg, the temperature perfect, making a fried egg.", making the egg change it's sprite to the final sprite it will ever have.

I hope you liked my suggestion!

No. Chickens are the way they are for a reason. They don't need to have the ability to breed.

On the BSA part. I'm ify. It might be nice for a new joke BSA but I still never went for the one Shallow Water Badge.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's funny. I have no idea whether or not it would actually be used, but it's funny. Maybe you can make a badge for if a person is actually able to get a "fried egg", and make it horribly hard for that to happen. That would be hilarious. xd.png

Unfortunately it will probably never happen, but it's funny to think about nonetheless.

Edited by ElemenTalia

This is very like another suggestion for chickens.

Here

Where there are roosters; they can breed and then you eat the egg and say it was delicious.

I support adding roosters. However, I don't think they should be able to breed. And I'm also opposed to having chickens and roosters, and not having a breed option. It's just too non-intuitive to have a male and a female of the same species and be unable to breed them together. (Also, we'd eternally be getting suggestion/request threads about allowing them to breed.)

Edited by fuzzbucket

I love this idea!!! Absolutely would love it if it were implemented.

as someone who doesnt even have a chicken i go to say no to this. I support the Rooster (that i believe i seen a sprite for) and maybe for breeding (as long as they where still considered rare). However this just seems very complex and for no good reason.

I like the BSA, I think the breakfast egg & fried egg would be super cute. I don't like the idea of them breeding. & on that point, if the male chicken/rooster doesn't do anything, why do we need one?

I can't see why the current chicken sprite couldn't be used.

Because chickens are always female. tongue.gif The males are roosters, which look considerably different.

I don't support chickens being able to breed though. To quote someone who I can't even remember now, "this is dragon cave, not every-animal-under-the-sun cave". I'd personally prefer to see more dragons before more non-dragon animals were implemented. I like that we have chickens, papers, cheeses, dinos and whatever, but I think we have enough of those kind of "joke" creatures.

I have a couple of chickens myself and I do love them, but I think they're something that should remain as decoration on your scroll, rather than having a practical purpose or being more involved in gameplay.

Chickens should have an alt as a duck. Since chickens are based on harvest moon. There are ducks in harvest moon too. They are fond at the pond and you pick them up and bring em to your farm. I used to play it on Gamecube.