RheaZen

What do you write with?

Pencil, the mechanical kind. I hate writing with pen, unless it's a fountain pen. Those things are very classy.

I like normal pencils too, but I hate sharpening them.

I use a mechanical pencil for math and science classes, but if I am just writing down lecture notes, I like using a pen, because for some very on reason I write "nicer" with a pen.

I will use just about anything that writes, I am not that picky... unless it is one of those fat fat pencils or pens, just doesn't feel right.

Ball point pens! Mrrrr. They seem just... nicer.

But most of the time I'll be using my lucky blue mechanical pencil.

Once it went missing. I failed a maths test... then a writing test (I get As in those...) without it for a week.

I found it in my dog's kennel... not harmed. Wierd.

I named it Blueh.

Keyboard. I just...I just CAN'T write on paper! When I try to...nothing happens. It's like I can only go into writing mode if I'm staring at OpenOffice on a computer screen...

A mechanical pencil, or a black biro if writing on paper. All other times I use a keyboard on a computer. I can type faster than I can write, so it makes life easier.

I almost always write with a blue ink ball-point pen. I stock up on the cheap ones every fall when they have the back-to-school sales.

Haaaate using pens or the classic wooden pencil - I can only stand mechanical ones tongue.gif

Mechanical pencil. I very rarely use pen because I can't erase it, and I can erase sentences several times before settling on the right workding.

And keyboard. I type a lot faster than I write. And the typed words are also more legible than the heiroglyphs I seem to write in. @_@

Edited by Infinis

pen. Black pen. I hate blue pens and red pens are considered a curse to me.

EDITED:: Infinis, I wright those as well. lol, like last year my teachers got mad cuz my alphabet was so messed up. Ill see if I can recreate what I did..

Edited by libby2999

Well, my favorite writing tool is by far the computer and keyboard. I can type so much faster than I can write, which is a pretty useful talent to have at 13 years of age (nobody else I know- my age- types so frequently and therefore, they are very slow at it) seeing as the only typing I ever have to do for school is on a report, and those are pretty rare as of now. Writing is always optional with my teachers, so nobody ever types.

But my favorite writing writing tool? Mechanical pencil.

Wooden pencils give me calluses on my fingers (ow) because I hold pencils so tightly, even though I don't press down that hard. Plus they're very uncomfortable to write with for me :/

I hate pens. They make a mess, they look sloppy, and I just can't stand using them. I love markers- they're so smooth and colorful- but no matter how or where I hold them I always end up with rainbow-colored fingers by the end of the day >:c

I prefer the computer over anything else, but I have to write much more often because of school. My handwriting is pretty neat, and I can write fast without turning my report into five pages worth of scribbles and nonsense.

And besides, a typed-up report always looks so much nicer, neater, and more organized than a written one.

Pens and I do not get along. I can never manage to say what I want the first time around, so I end up with scribbles and strikethroughs everywhere. I'll take a nice, sharpened, Ticonderoga #2 pencil every time (with a full eraser, of course).

Sometimes I like pencil, others pen. Pen feels nicer to write with, but pencil is easier (sometimes I find myself trying to erase with a pen cap. It doesn't work). My only real... not really a 'preference'... is that I can't start writing something in one and then switch to the other.

I tend to write with lots of little go-backs, cross-outs, inserts, and whatnot, so I really prefer to write with pixels :P

I tend to get hand cramps about one sentence in when writing with my hands, so I prefer to type up my homework. Otherwise I like smooth pencils (the kind you sharpen yourself) and smooth-writing pens. Anything that scratches and rips at the paper bothers me immensely.

It's funny, because I normally type, but sometimes I really just feel like writing something down by hand. It helps that I'm really into typography and that's not something I usually do on the computer; I hand-draw all of my typography stuff rather than playing with fonts on the computer.

I love Micron art pens, on a related note. <3

Keyboard. (I would never manage the 160-180 words per minute I do while typing and my hand tends to tire faster when I can't support my arm/wrist on the table, not to mention the unavoidable messed-up words. Besides, unless I am deliberately writing to be readable and remember to keep that up while writing, my handwriting is terrible and can't be read by anyone but myself.)

But generally I do not prefer a pencil over pen or vice versa when I don't have a keyboarded device at hand. Of pencils I use only the refillable 0.5 and 0.7 mm ones, though, mostly because the standard pencils require sharpening far too often for my liking for them to leave reasonably thin and unblurred lines.

In school, I use a mechanical pencil. At home, I use mechanical pencil or type things out (only if I have the option to)

We have to write with a fountain pen at school, so that's what I have to use whether I like it or not. It's ok smile.gif I type things too sometimes, and pencil/biro at home. But fountain pen mainly wink.gif

I'm left handed, so when I started with my fountain pen my work was one big smear, but I've trained myself to avoid smudging ^^

Edited by Blue_Moon98