RheaZen

What do you write with?

Mostly anything, though I prefer to use:

Purple, Pink or Blue pen, Pencil, Colored Pencil. Especally purple.

Pens. Any type of pen, really, though I prefer this little number (it's perfectly balanced when it comes to weight, so it feels sturdy in your hand [it's heavy at first, but you quickly get used to it, and at that point it feels like the perfect weight], the ink flows very smoothy, dries quickly, and is replaceable, and the tip is 0.7 [which is, IMO, the perfect balance between thick and thin line for writing]). I also like Paper Mate's Ink Joy 300RT 1.0 M (yes, that one specifically, because other InkJoy pens are complete crap). I haven't used any super expensive pens (executive types), so I can't compare these to those, but for the lower end of the income spectrum, these are great.

So far as colorful gel pens go (the ones with glitter, neon ink, etc.), I really like the Write Dudes brand. They produce a wide range of colors and types (bold, neon, glitter, etc.). The only drawbacks I've found with their gel pens is they seem to run out so quickly, and they only come in coarse (I think they are 0.8 or 1.0).

I've tried other pens here and there that I've loved (some are more for craft/artistic writing, others are for strict writing), but I don't have them around me ATM. If I find them, I will post again smile.gif

So far as color goes, I prefer black, specific shades of rich blue, and purple, but I've written in many other colors of the rainbow before (burgundy, which is usually only a gel pen shade, is a lot of fun to write in).

I used to write in pencil a long time ago, but now I find it a bit too light and easily smeared. I still prefer to sketch/draw in pencil before inking, but really not to write (not even in math class - correction tape is an amazing invention <3 ).

Edited by Wahya

Keyboard. But when I can't get my hands on that, pencil all the way. I use both wood pencil (2B for writing, 4B & 6B for drawing) and mechanical pencil (0.5mm 2B for writing), and love both.

Edited by ishlia

Mostly a pen (black when I take notes during college classes and blue when I re-write them in separate subject notebooks). I use pencils for drawing. smile.gif

I try to use pen except for when I'm doing math. Seeing my writing in ink is much more satisfying to me than seeing it in pencil.

I sometimes write with a Chinese calligraphy brush when making notes at home. Examples are when making a to-do list and writing short stories. The reason is I have plenty of ink to spare because I already graduated in high school and no longer am required to have weekly Chinese writing. At least my ink can be used in drawing and writing while my ballpens can go only to school. *shrugs*

I tend to write on my computer.

If I'm off my computer I'll write with a pen or pencil on whatever is nearest to me (envelopes, receipts, ect.).

I usually prefer a mechanical pencil or a nice inky pen. but lately I've been doing most of my writing on the computer. Which is fine as long as it doesn't unexpectedly shut down. dry.gif

The pen is mightier than the sword..

..But I write with mechanical pencil anyway. Sometimes I'll randomly feel like drawing while taking notes in school, and I hate drawing with pens since I always make a lot of mistakes. It's easier to just use a pencil so I don't have to switch back and forth between a pencil and pen when I'm drawing and taking notes.

When it comes to write stuff for people I use a pencil,since I make a lot of mistakes since I have dysgraphia,but when I write things to myself,I use a pen since I can understand my awful handwriting and all the mistakes.

Edited by HorseChick

Mech pencils or fine ballpoints with a liquid ink. I'm really particular about that, the smell of gel inks tend to give me headaches |D

I prefer mechanical pencils. I like to erase, and I like the fine point. xd.png

i prefer a laptop myself, but because i have wrists that ache easily (probably undiagnosed carpal tunnel) i need pens with specific widths when writing on paper or else i can't write for days. D: