XxWaterGaridanxX

The Colored Civilization

Hi, can I join? :3 I really like this Rp, it sounds awesome.

Username: Kitty137

Name: Yana Yuko (these are first two names. She uses both, but they usually simply call her Yanni, or Yanni-sempai (that's how she's called from those who have lower status than she does)) Yukushima.

Color: Yellow. Her eye color is between gold and orange.

Specialty: Great in Math and Science. Loves Astronomy. Doesn't work on producing light so much like on searching the sky and discovering new stars and planets, but she uses her power of making balls of light to make small solar systems or galaxies.

Personality: Always smiles, but VERY serious if needed. Never looses her head in dangerous situations.

History: Doesn't really says it all around the place. Her parents died because humans killed them. Because she's good at Science, they wanted her to discover a way for Colored people to have immunity on iron. She refused.

For or against: Is against humans, though tries to stay neutral as much as possible.

Other: None.

Not signing up, but making an observation:

Am I the only person to think that this game's title has some... unfortunate implications?

@Kitty137 You're charrie is accepted! smile.gif And Welcome to DC ! biggrin.gif

@colourcodedchaos. Well. Yes I've thought of it but there is no racism that goes with what is happening in the real world. yes there is racism in my RP but it is ment to me because there is racism in the real world against different people.

But I personally know that I'm not trying to be a racist against any culture.

I don't know if that was what you were asking about my role play but I'm not changing the title.

Edited by XxWaterGaridanxX

Mind if I sneak in a character before the role play begins? I am intrigued by the amount of detail you put into this. I am excited to see what becomes of it smile.gif

colourcodedchaos, I agree that this title, as well as the color coded hierarchy that makes brown-toned people the working class and "least valuable", has the potential for serious critique. XxWaterGaridanxX has put thought into this world, however, and gives substantial reasons for these seeming discrepancies that follow a logical flow. If XxWaterGaridanxX wanted to competently extricate herself from potential critique of insensitivity, it would be best for her to choose different nomenclature. Being as it is already decently established, however, perhaps it is an observation you can reserve for the next role play concept you develop, XxWaterGaridanxX.

Username: Qoso

Name: Kornith Baulsson

Looks:

Kornith is a hard man with a stern face and stance. He has liquid brown eyes and messy, brown hair that he often pulls back and ties with a strip of leather. A constant stubble shadows his chin, though he claims to shave often.

His hands are rough and his knuckles are larger than they ought to be, from hard labor as a child when he was apprenticed to a black smith.

He has a strong build, something else he adapted from his time working metal. Though he is strong, his shoulders hunch inward slightly, making him appear older than he is.

Click Here for a photo representation

Personality:

Kornith demands reaction from the men he oversees. Not necessarily respect, but he does expect that his orders be followed and done well. He has no use for men who do not do as they should.

Being a man of honor, Kornith requires that any person - male or female - from whom he takes orders must be a sufficient leader. If Kornith deems they to be otherwise, he will work to have them brought down in rank.

In his dealings with people outside of the Iron Warriors, Kornith is much more forgiving. He is often seem walking through the market streets of Iron City, bantering with and offering advice to shopkeepers, encouraging the children to grow up well, or giving the dogs a good rub on their backs.

Interactions with the colored people, however, are on an entirely different level. Kornith becomes cold and ruthless, as if he does not see the colored people as sentient beings. Kornith does not acknowledge their pain, joy, love, or hate at all. When he kills a colored person, his expression of emotion is no more than if he were carving wood or working metal.

For or against:

Against. Kornith oversees the working of the iron and development of new weapons for the Iron Warriors. He personally tests new designs on the colored who are unfortunate enough to encounter him.

History:

Being the youngest of eight brothers, Kornith was rough-housed a lot as a youngster. One incident involving his brothers gave him a bad injury on his left knee that still effects him to this day.

He found relief in working as an apprentice to a black smith, because there he could create and work without his brothers bearing down on him. This foundation in metal working lead him to later oversee the workings of weapons for the Iron Warriors later.

The most significant part of his history, however, was that of his love. He grew up in the city of L'espelr, and it was there that he met Áriah, a green woman. Even through their differences, the two of them became very close. When Kornith turned 23, they announced their intentions to be wed.

Needless to say, this did not make everyone happy. Throughout the next two years, twisted words and schemes from higher powers made it seem as if Áriah had betrayed Kornith. His mentor poisoned his mind against the colored people, and Kornith joined the Iron Warriors.

Shortly after he joined their ranks, Kornith was told that Áriah was killed by her own people because she wanted to marry a human. Through all their troubles, he still loved her... and a part of him died with her.

Now, Kornith still supports the Iron Warriors, keeping his history and his thoughts about the issues to himself.

Other:

He suffered a deep cut on the right side of his head above the ear, and the spot has always remained tender. That spot is covered up by his hair, though, so unless someone knows about it, the scar remains invisible.

He also has a weak left knee from an injury as a child. Though he is strong and has a high endurance, Kornith can be clumsy due to that knee, even to the point of a slightly awkward running gait.

Edited by Qoso

There is no real life racial predjudice anywhere in this RP. If you read, it says "dull colors make up the working class" and they they "usually make up a variant of brown", not always. This is based on colors in reference to physical art mediums. Brown, white, and black are nuetral colors, and white and black having been existant already, left onlt brown to be left for mixing exact opposites. If you continue to pursue racism in this, then as a reminder, white is not the highest class, blue is, and black doesn't exist as the absence of color doesn't makes sense in a race of beings who are made up of many colors. That way you cant be "the color that is not made of any color".

Edited by Crisis

(Because this does not directly correlate with the RP itself, should we continue to discuss this on this particular thread? I'd be interested in continuing the conversation if other people are interested, though perhaps we should move it elsewhere?)

Of course. I completely agree with you. I hope that I portrayed that in my last comment. I appreciate all of the thought WG put into this world, and especially the logical flow in which she ordered the hierarchy of colors. There is the potential for criticism, though, especially from people who are more sensitive to issues within diversity and may be looking for hints of racism.

It's unfortunate that diversity has been (and continues to be) such a tense issue that we need to be careful around such things.

In my second breath, WG has made it clear that the RP development is fixed as it is until we begin to role play, so we as participants can benefit from the unique world WG put so much into creating without fussing over details. I look forward to exploring WG's colored civilization with you smile.gif

(Because this does not directly correlate with the RP itself, should we continue to discuss this on this particular thread? I'd be interested in continuing the conversation if other people are interested, though perhaps we should move it elsewhere?)

Of course. I completely agree with you. I hope that I portrayed that in my last comment. I appreciate all of the thought WG put into this world, and especially the logical flow in which she ordered the hierarchy of colors. There is the potential for criticism, though, especially from people who are more sensitive to issues within diversity and may be looking for hints of racism.

It's unfortunate that diversity has been (and continues to be) such a tense issue that we need to be careful around such things.

In my second breath, WG has made it clear that the RP development is fixed as it is until we begin to role play, so we as participants can benefit from the unique world WG put so much into creating without fussing over details. I look forward to exploring WG's colored civilization with you smile.gif

No, I understand you don't think it's racist. I just said what I did in my post as clarification as to why things are they way they are in this RP, and to officially shut down any potention claims that trolls could make that it is racist at all.

And since we haven't started the RP yet, I'd say it should be ok, but in the future, an OoC thread might be helpful, but we should wait and see how much OoC chat there is once this starts. No point in making a thread if we won't use it lol.

Thank you everyone. No more chit chat, unless it is a character form. Thank you

And this RP will be starting my tomorrow afternoon.

Here I am! If you want pronounciation guides for the names just ask :] 'Nicoline' is traditional Norwegian, and 'Nathalija' has a balcan-inspired spelling so I get why it would be hard to understand :3 Alanyja follows the same rules as Nathalija pronounciation wise.

Username: Coralkiki

Name: Alanyja Nattsol Teressi Lucana Soliss

Color: Purple. Her long purple hair is pulled back into a high ponytail, with a purple daisy-like flower sticking out of it. Her bangs go a little passed her eyebrows. It is clear that she is more Red than Blue, especially if you look at her hair, which has a lot of plain raid strands. She’s tall with a heart-shaped face and slim figure. She often has paint stains scattered here and there on her skin and clothes.

Specialty: Her creativity. She is easily one of the best artists in the coloured kingdom, something she is very proud of. She is especially known for her jewellery and sculptures, but her paintings and drawings aren’t too bad either.

Personality: Alanyja has a very sweet and helpful disposition. She is also very creative, and is often found in her ‘studio’ working on some form of art. She has an artist’s eye for detail, and notices nearly everything, though she ignores nearly all negativities. She is quite a jealous person, though she does her best to keep this a secret. Alanyja is the ‘official handy-girl’ of the kingdom, just because she doesn’t know the meaning of no. She tries her hardest to help everyone, and keeps trying until exhaustion and frustration catch up to her. She will lash out in anger, and she can be rather violent, to a lot of people’s surprise.

For or against: for

History: Not too special. Ask me if you want some details.

Other: Almost everyone knows Alanyja, if not personally, by reputation. Feel free to pretend you’ve met her a million times tongue.gif Also, you should try to avoid mentioning ‘the purple hue’ she is not particularly good at creating it, and over the years it has become somewhat of a touchy subject.

Name: Nicoline Ferland

Looks: Long and straight black hair, usually in a braid, ponytail or bun. She has dark green eyes, framed by long lashes. A square-ish face with a strong jaw. She’s tall and slim with defined muscles. She is usually seen wearing clothes in dark colours. She’s rarely seen in a dress or skirt, finding pants more practical, should a battle occur.

Personality: A slightly sceptical and violent tom-boy. She desperately wants to be good at something and noticed, and gets very annoyed when people ignore her. Though a few of the Iron Soldiers who have watched Nicoline grow up find it hard to believe their little girl has become a competent young lady, she has proven multiple times that she is completely capable of killing coloureds. She is quite ‘every man for himself’ but there are some people she cares enough about to forget about that mentality.

For or against: Against (She’s an Iron Soldier, what do you expect x3)

History: Nick was mostly raised by the Iron Soldiers, as her father was one of the leaders. Her mother died when she was 6 (shortly after her sister was born) leaving her already busy father with even more work. Nicoline’s father loves both his children, but his work with the Iron soldiers has often led to them being pushed a little aside and left to find their own entertainment. For as long as she can remember, Nick’s ‘entertainment of choice’ has been training with the Iron Soldiers, or watching if they don’t let her participate. This has led her to becoming quite a good fighter.

Other: Don’t dare call her Nikki. You won’t live to tell the tale (Unless you’re very special)

Name: Nathalija Ferland

Looks: Wavy light brown hair that usually hangs loose, stopping just past her shoulders. She’s a fair bit shorter than her sister, and doesn’t have the muscles Nicoline has. She has dark blue eyes, which are what she loves the most about her looks. She does wear skirts and dresses, not being the same fighter as her sister. She is rarely seen without a book in her hands.

Personality: Cool, calm and collected. Whereas her sister turned to combat, Thalija turned too art, especially literature. However, Nick has often forced Nathalija to join her practicing, so she has picked up some things. Still, the closest Nathalija wants to get to a battlefield is tending the wounded. She is an excellent cook and is frequently found in the kitchen preparing meals for the soldiers.

For or against: Against/neutral-ish. With some persuasion she could be made to support the Colored.

History: See Nicoline Ferland’s history.

Other: Optional.

I noticed that we don't have anyone who represents L'espelr yet. Or if any of the colored people do, it is not mentioned in their character sheets. May I slip in another human character who lives in L'espelr?

Username: Qoso

Name: Siusan Manneilli

Looks:

Though she is tall for her age, Siusan is still young and her face shows it. Her last bit of baby fat clings to her cheeks, giving her a rounder face than either of her parents and keeps her skin soft.

She still keeps her wavy, black hair down, which is also a sign of youth. She claims that is because her hair is easier to tame when it dries loose, but honestly Siusan likes the look of the ringlets that form close to the tips of her hair, some of which stop right before the small of her back.

Her dark purple eyes she inherited from her grandfather, and her pale skin has been passed down through her family (though each new generation becomes a little less pale).

Click Here for a pictorial representation

Personality:

Siusan is naiive to a fault and she avoids confrontation at any cost. This has earned her at least one bruise from a peer and some praise from the older folks of L'espelr.

Along side of these qualities, Siusan is also quick to help someone else who is hurt, shy, or otherwise needs someone to be a friend to them (with the exception of bullies. She stays away from bullies, even though they might need acknowledgement, too.)

She also takes great joy in creative expression and will listen for hours as other people sing or play instruments or watch as other people paint or sculpt. While she enjoys watching and listening other people, Siusan consistently refuses to try painting or singing. She claims that she is not creative at all and does not want to embarrass herself.

Though she does not participate in the creation of art, Siusan has a reputation for helping artists build and expand on their ideas. She refuses to see it herself, but her art is one of thoughts and ideas and her creativity is expressed through talking with other people.

For or against:

For both the humans and the colored people.

History:

Hers was one of the first families to come live in L'espelr. Though they were not the founders, the Manneillis lived with them. L'espelr is all that Siusan has known... so much to the point that she doesn't really believe that there is nor can be a war between humans and the colored people.

Siusan's grandfather was a dark purple man, nearly bordering on blue. He is the one from whom Siusan inherited her purple eyes. Somewhere back in her history, Siusan knows that there was a white colored woman who married into the Manneilli family, which made many of her descendents have a paler skin tone.

Her core family is made up of her human mother and father, an older brother whom she both admires and fears, and the baby that her mother still carries.

Other:

Siusan greatly enjoys it when Alanyja comes to visit. She soaks up the woman's creativity! She thinks of Alanyja as a good friend.

Siusan also knows some about Kornith and Áriah, though she's sure much of it is false or exaggerated. She wasn't born yet when everything took place, but being as the topic is taboo many of the youngsters liked to speculate and make up stories about them.

Both are Accepted.

And once I make the beginning post I would like everyone to post an intro post, one for each character, telling where they are and what they are doing and a little bit of an intro for everyone. Thank you.

Oh and just saying. I'm in different timezone than you, and I won't be able to post first post tonight cuz it's pretty late now. Sorry. (I'll post this only if I sneak on the comp while mah mom's not watching :3 Wish me luck.)

((And we are off! biggrin.gif ))

The golden sun was in the middle of the sky and so far on the, so called, Neutral Island there were no fights breaking out between the humans and Colored. She rarely took the short boat ride to this island, preferring to be around only her own kind, and not these humans that thought they were better than her in any way.

Vi's purple colored skin gave her away as a colored artist, which is why she was only there to get supplies for her paintings of the royal family. And sometimes there were just things that the humans had that her people did not. Like the fine brushes and vivid paint colors needed to please the royal family. With that final thought she sighed realizing that all she ever did now a days was work away for the royal family, that was all she really had.

As she walked down the market, full of busy people, she noticed that no one of any different color ever touched each other, especially the colored and humans. Even though this island was known for it being a neutral ground where colored and non- colored could interact in business, well other than L'espelr, but she never really cared for the intermingling of the two races.

As she came up to the little booth, owned by one of the only humans she has ever spoken to, Seth looked up from his newest work of art to smile up at her.

"Why Milady of the Purple color! I did not expect to see you for at least another month with all the supplies that you got last time from me, nearly cleaned me out of all my white colored paint!" he said as he clumsily stood, knocking brushes everywhere and hastily picking them up.

She couldn't help but laugh a little bit, "Well, that is what happens when you are working for the King himself who wants you to get just the right blue for his wife." she leaned down and helped him pick up the brushes and handed them over gently to him with a polite smile.

"Ah, no need to help an old fella like me Violetta, " he told her with a groan as he sat back down on his old wooden chair, "Now what can I do for you little one?"

Vi smiled kindly at Seth, he was always no nice to her and she would be very sad when he left this world to be in another, leaving her to be alone all over again. "Just more blue, the darkest you have please." she told him as she tenderly stroked one of the brushes with her fingertips, trying to get the thoughts to leave.

Seth gave her the blue paint and she placed the coins on the table for him, giving him an extra one for him. And when she turned to leave she noticed some Iron Soldiers heading down the marketplace... All she could think of was she wanted to get off this damned island...

~~~

From some one that did not know Jane, one might think she wasn't capable enough to fight off a grown man. But she was the only girl in a family of 7 boys, she has learned plenty of tricks over the years.

Walking down the market place she payed no attention to the Colored People doing what ever they could to stay away from her and the two other Iron soldiers with her.

She never really cared to come to this Island just because of how boring it was with all the peace talk going around, about L'espar and how it was the best place in the whole bloody world. How everyone got along with one another. It was almost sickening...

She couldn't help but smirk a bit when she walked down the dusty street, the Iron Solders were strong and it was known to everyone. As she walked to a human vendor she barely noticed the purple colored women slip past the three of them. All that she was interested in was the newest armor and how it was better than hers.

((If anyone with an Iron Soldier charrie would like to be with Jane than I'm cool with that.))

(Here! biggrin.gif But I have time for ONE post.)

Yana Yuko was walking trough the forest to her planetarium. She was wearing a long yellow skirt that wasn't touching ground and a shirt with sleeves that were covering only half of her arms. She was wondering what was wrong with her. She lived on Neutral island, on the side that was closer to Iron city just because the air was clearer here than somewhere closer to her people and she could see stars better. She sighed and continued to walk on the small hill on which top was her planetarium. At least she was alone. No one else was in danger except her. She entered in the planetarium. It was dark. She had only one window for her telescope. It wasn't night yet so she couldn't work with it. She'll have to work with her 'maps'.

She clapped. A bunch of very small light balls filled the room. She loved it. It was tall enough to have two floors and round walls were covered with books. In the middle of it, there was a telescope. Not good one, but it worked.

She wasn't powerful enough to have all lights on so she isolated one and turned others off. THAT was a star she needed. It seemed it had planets, circling around it. She found 3 for now, but she supposed that there are 2 more, a bit smaller than those. She sat at a small desk and started to write notes about the star.

“Man, I really need some work! I’m so bored and broke.” With a loud thunk, Orion’s head hit the table, groaning. He had hit a personal low, neglected of a job for over a month now. It was depressing, really. The human lifted his head, blowing out a heavy sigh before rising to his feet and walked out of the inn he had been staying in, hands in his pockets. He had traveled high and low for just one job from both the humans and the colored folk, but it seemed no one wanted him, not even on this Neutral Island. Orion had even gambled on some fights between the two quarreling people just to earn a little pocket change to pay for his stay at the inn. With no fights and no job, it looked to the man that he would have to move on to a different place soon.

Plopping down onto a barrel on the side of the street Orion propped his head up in his hand, gazing at the mix of people walk passed. Lots of Colored and humans… “Oh look, Iron Soldiers. That’s cool.” Orion’s dark eyes flickered over to the group as they stopped at a vendor nearby. Slipping off the barrel the human crept over to them, peering over one of the Soldier’s shoulder to look at what they were interested in. Some humans were intimidated by Iron Soldiers, but Orion thought they were just hilarious. It was rather fun tying to piss them off. His curious face fell into a frown, disappointed at what they were looking at. “Well, that’s boring.” He sighed softly before slapping the man he was standing behind on the back with his hand. “Well, have fun shopping. Cheery-o.” Turning around he walked back to his barrel and plopped on it, bored as ever. Seriously, he really really really needed something to do.

A soft warm breeze blew off of sea, rustling the Colored’s long white hair. From afar he seemed to possess a more feminine appearance and figure from the long hair and thin body to the red dress-like long tunic he wore over his slender shoulders. Yet, no matter how ladylike he looked, Pálido really was a man. Not that he mind; he cared very little what others thought of him. After all, he didn’t voice his opinion about them, so why should they about him? In all honest truth, he tended to ‘disappear’ from their sight as someone tried approaching him, preferring to remain unspoken to.

Pálido’s silvery gaze remained fixated ahead, watching the waves rise and fall, crashing against the shore. He was waiting for the next boat to the mainland away from Neutral Island and back to The Kingdom of the Colored after sneaking around near The Iron City. It was tricky business, but he was curious to see what went on in a place just full of humans. The White Colored man had taken a rather sneaky route, going through the Neutral Island to its other shore and hid inside a wooden crate as he rode across to the human side of the world. It was much easier coming back to the island, and now he was simply passing through to get to where the Colored lived. A small sigh escaped his thin lips, a small frown forming. Yet, he didn’t understand why the humans and the Colored hated each other so much. They lived their daily lives the same, yet they looked at each other in such abhorrence. It was sad seeing the two fight like little children.

Brushing a strand of white hair away from his eyes, Pálido continued to watch the water as he waited for a boat to arrive.

The markets of Neutral Island were set up differently from what Kornith was accustomed to seeing. L'espelr's market was smaller and the people so passive that Kornith could have killed a shopkeeper and walked away before anyone would react. Even in Iron City where the shops were more packed together and had fewer aisles, the people there were all humans. He could relax there without feeling like he needed to protect himself and the two other Iron Warriors who were with him.

How would he be able to accurately asses this new armor style? He would not be able to give his fullest attention to the armor. Jane was a deadly opponent, and she had a good enough sense about her to not begin a fight on this expedition. Kornith had more concern for the younger man to his left. He was too blood thirsty.

Kornith wondered if the man could restrain himself if a colored person got too close to him... and if another fight broke out on Neutral Island right now, he could not guarantee the safety of the three of them. There were more colored people on the island today than other days.

Jane walked too fast for Kornith's liking. He was happy for her to take the lead while he stepped back - that way he could continually scan the people in the market for potential hazard as well as the booths for possible escape routes. If Jane continued at this break-neck pace, however, Kornith would not be as prepared as he would like if the three of them were attacked.

Just moments after they stopped at the vendor, a mischievous human slapped the younger man on the back and said, "Well, have fun shopping. Cheery-o.”

Kornith caught the younger soldier by the nape of his shirt, just as he lunged after the man.

"Settle down!" Kornith growled at the man, pulling him back to stand beside him and Jane, "I'll not have you kill us all."

Laughter bubbled out of her heart as Siusan and three of her friends raced down the sandy beach! They approached the dunes, hopping to avoid the hot sand and thistles.

"Last one there is an Iron Warrior!" one of the boys called over his shoulder. He then looked forward and ducked into the wind.

Siusan picked up her pace just a little as she put everything she had into running fast. Her lungs hurt from breathing harder than usual and she began to feel the burning sensation in her thighs and heels, but Suisan ignored it as much as possible. She did NOT want to be an Iron Warrior!

Therek and the two girls made it to the sea before Silus. They stood waiting for him to catch up with their toes in the water, huffing and puffing like a horse that had been driven too hard.

Silus made it to them, spread his arms and fell back into the sand with a hard "thump". With his eyes closed, Silus declared through his panting, "The... Iron Warrior... demands your surrender!"

"We shall not surrender! Get the Iron Warrior!"

The three of them pounced on Silus and dragged him by his feet nearly to the water before he twisted free and ran back up the beach.

They all played like that within sight of the great mountain on Neutral Island. If their parents had heard them playing like that, they most likely would be reprimanded. Talk of the Iron Warriors left a sour aftertaste in the mouth of most adults, it seemed. As it was, Siusan and her friends made up their own stories about adventure and the Iron Warriors they knew so little about.

Edited by Qoso

Talla sat lazily in a chair, his eyes closed and leaning back. His legs were stretched out with his feet laying crossed on top of the counter he was behind. It was just another uneventful, lackluster day so far, but Talla smiled anyhow. This was just how he liked it. The sunlight was streaming in through the windows, birds outside were chirping occasionally, and everything was peaceful until Talla felt a soft gust of wind roll by him. "Hello, Azul. I was begining to wonder if you were even going to show up today". Azul smirked and stood up from behind one of the display stands. "What? And miss another oh-so-exciting day of politics, financial reports, responsibility, and all the other edge-of-your-seat things of that nature? Why I must say it was terribly hard to resist". Talla sighed. "And yet here you are. Shame". Azul laughed and pulled a chair over to a window and sat down lazily. "Let's go have some fun today. I hear there's been some commotion over at the nuetral island. Let's go stir up a bit of commotion ourselves". Azul smiled devilishly, leaning forward in his chair. Talla sighed and sat up in his own chair resting his arms on the counter. "You know I hate leaving my shop only to get into trouble with the guards..." Talla smirked, "I'll grabs some dyes, stink pellets, and a couple slingshots. Put the 'on break' sign up in the window and we'll get on our way". Talla ran into the back to grab the supplies as Azul put the sign in the window. "I knew you'd see reason. Come on. I know a shortcut.

Ikuma

Ikuma was an early riser. She was a fighter too. Her body was toned to perfection. She was hot headed, but fair. And, at the moment, she was training again. One could never train too much. She looked at the tree in front of her. It was the unfortunate victim of her training routine today. If she didn't stop soon, it was likely the tree would fall over entirely. It had once been so big around that Ikuma couldn't reach her long arms around it. Now, it had been whitled down to nearly two feet in radius. Every blow that landed on the tree caused it to shake and quiver so much that it made her wary. The tree itself was huge in height. She knew she should finish the job and plant a new tree now, but she had once been caught underneath a fallen tree. That unwelcome experience caused her to be a bit more careful than she would be under normal circumstances.

However, she had promised a friend that for every tree she felled, she would plant a new sapling. It dealt a blow on her wallet over the years, but she felt better about practicing when she did plant. And the trees she felled could be used for furthering the Civilization. It was always a good work out, dragging a 50 foot tree through town. Ikuma was panting, her eyes locked on her "opponent". The cool wind was a blessing and it chilled her body. Though she was used to feeling uncomfortable hot, she didn't have to like it. Ikuma gathered herself once more and held the shield up, reinstilling her strong guard and slipped the halberd's shaft under her arm. Holding the weapon tightly, she charged the tree with her shield. As expected, the tree shivered. It creaked ominously and she heard a crack. Ikuma danced back with speed and grace only obtained from years of practice.

She pushed the shield from her hand up her fore arm. Now she could use both hands. She grabbed the halberd with both hands and slammed the bladed side into the tree. A heavy thunking sound was produced from the tree and a high pitched whine came from the metal as she wedged it out of the wood. Still not down. Ikuma couldn't decide if she was pleased or disappointed. So, she didn't. She dropped the halberd and moved in with the shield, whipping it forward with such strength and speed that the collision caused the tree to shudder and crack. She watched as the crack split up the trunk and deemed it time to move. The tree fell with a chorus of resounding cracks and thuds. Standing amongst the wreckage, Ikuma looked thoroughly pleased.

Within a few minutes, she had wrapped a thick rope around the tree and was pulling it with all her might towards the city. It was nearby, of course, and would only take fifteen or so minutes to reach it from where she was. That was assuming that she would put her all into pulling. Of course Ikuma would. She didn't think of anything. She never did when she was pulling. At some point, she was vaguely aware of passing into the city. Ikuma came to a stop in the Worker's City and looked around. She pointed to the nearest Brown she saw. "Can you use this tree?" She asked loudly. The woman nodded. "Show me where to go." The Brown woman lead the way and Ikuma came to a stop. "There you go. Compliments of Ikuma. Do what you will with it. I don't care."

((I assume they still use wood? biggrin.gif))

((They do smile.gif

And since everyone has pretty much posted and I'm impatient everyone can post.))

Jane sighed as she heard the stranger and then Kornith's words. She was only even here to get what they were told to get and go back home. She hated when the newbies always wanted to hurt someone.

Then, leaning into Kornith, she spoke in a low voice so that only he could hear, "I knew we should have never brought him with us... He's going to spill unwanted blood if we don't watch him closely."

The blonde haired women then turned to the sales man and bought everything that they were sent here to get, then turning and shoving the load into the ill-tempered soldiers arms. "That should keep you out of trouble," she told him with a highly sarcastic smile and patted his cheek, "You drop any of it and I personally will scar that pretty little face of yours."

And with that she turned and started walking towards the dock, her pace was slower because they had what they needed and for the benefit of Kornith.

~~~

Vi sighed as she headed towards the dock, with the paint bottles clutched in her arms, she wasn't even paying attention to the man that made a swift move to sit on the barrel and tripped a bit over his dangling feet.

She gasped and tried not to let go of the paint in her hands, falling on her left hip. The purple colored women groaned and sat up on the dusty ground, with one of the blue vials broken on the ground.

"Oh great..." she said not even noticing the man that she tripped over, she just thought it must have been a rock or something. She was disappointed that she wasn't going to have as much paint as she wanted.

Orion couldn’t help but snicker slightly as the young Iron Soldier he smacked on the back looked like he was about ready to kill him, but the others seemed to calm him down. “Those soldiers have no sense of humor these days,” he said with a smug, shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head. “Really, they need more fun in their lives.” His eyes watched the soldiers for a moment before someone tripped over his feet, nearly knocking him off the barrel he was sitting on. Holding onto the barrel tightly he regained his balance, looking down at the person who fell over. “A Colored person?” Orion tilted his head, blinking slightly, before his eyes were drawn to the broken bottle with blue paint staining the ground. “Aw, I broke it,” he said, hopping off the barrel and kneeling down, poking at the blue paint. “And it was such a nice color too…” Sighing, Orion rose to his feet before looking down at the Colored, smiling softly as he held out a hand to help her up. “Sorry ‘bout that. My legs like to get into the wrong places.”

Yana Yuko sighed. That was all she could do for now. If she wanted to continue, she'll need her telescope. She smiled. Now she had whole rest of the day free. Maybe she could go for a walk, though that was very dangerous for her since she was living on human's side of Neutral island. Maybe she could go to market? Kinda dangerous too, but at least she'll have her people to protect her if humans try to attack... No. She won't let anyone die because of her.

She stood up and walked to the door. She turned the light off before she left and started to walk to the market. Still not smart, because she needed about 45min to get there and she was alone. Great, she thought. Risking my life because of Astronomy.

She smiled. Viva la vida with science.

(I hope I won't have to write things she says in yellow color? I mean, it's hard to read it...)

Violetta was just about to help herself up when she heard the voice of who she must have tripped over, looking up through the strands of hair that had fallen in her face she blew them out of the way and almost nervously took the humans hand and stood with the help of him.

"Y-Yes..." she cleared her throat, "It's my fault, I wasn't looking out where I was going with... Well with them here. I'm sorry." she said glancing over her shoulder before kneeling down again to pick up the broken glass and staining her fingers an even darker color than her natural coloring.

She straightened up and rubbed the remaining paint on to her thigh, only wincing a bit when she felt the tender spot on her hip and thought about how there will be a bruise there tomorrow.

Tall aand Azul arrived at the island much sooner than Talla would have guessed. Azul had taken them along a small game trail, and then branched off into a hidden path he had made to a small bout on the shore. Since Azule could control amounts of water, the boat was able to take the two of them to the island quicker than anyone who wasn't a Blue. Azul tied the boat to a post and smiled. "Ready to have some fun? Hand me one of the slingshots and some stink pellets." Talla smirked and handed him what he asked for. He preferered stink pellets to dye, since one could wash the stink out. The dye was a little harder to wash out, and if left unchecked for too long, it could stain clothing, although in retrospect, this did bring him a little bit of business. "Ready? Let's go." Talla didn't wait for a response before they were off for a bit of mischief.

They had barely been on the island for a few minutes when Talla noticed a girl who looked like she had fallen, and a nearby human helping her up. Instinctively, Talla ran over to see if she was okay. He may have been out to cause a little trouble, but he earnestly cared about people, and hated to see people hurt, especially women. "Hey! Are you alright? I noticed you seemed hurt. I'm here with...", Talla paused and looked around, but couldn't see Azul anywhere, "[=green]... With some money, doing a bit of shopping. But I sell medicines. Stop by, let me check out your injury, and I can give you something to help out, no charge[/color]." Talla looked at the human, "And are you alright too?"