TJ09

2011-09-17 - Secret Friday Release

Wait, so... is there some surprise in addition to the eggs? o_O 'Cause I love surprises. :3

I dunno :/ I love surprises buuuut...I think he just meant the release itself was secret. Then again they're always secret :3

It would be nice if there was a surprise but I think it was the release itself which is lovely all on its own

Have 3 blues and 2 greens and happy smile.gif

It would be nice if there was a surprise but I think it was the release itself which is lovely all on its own

You are probably right. but I like a good conspiracy.

I love the new egg limits. have caught 3 of each just to be safe smile.gif new eggs are always so exciting. Thanks again TJ and spriters

I wish I could freeze eggs...the spotted blue egg is just so dang gorgeous! Can't wait for TJ's to grow up and for mine to hatch. Can't wait to see what the adults look like :3

Me too. I think this every time there's a new release: If only we could freeze eggs too!

I also love the way these two breeds of eggs look on my scroll. The colors look so beautiful together; I keep admiring them, and I'll almost feel sorry when they hatch. Almost. biggrin.gif

And so the "secret" conspiracy continues..

I hate the fact that there are little clues all around. What are we missing?

I haven't seen any clues anywhere, albeit I haven't really been looking. xd.png

Just noticed - why does the img URL of the banner say 2011-9-17 when this was called the Secret Friday Release? o_O

Just noticed - why does the img URL of the banner say 2011-9-17 when this was called the Secret Friday Release? o_O

Because that's the date they were released, 12 AM Saturday (17th) morning. Since most people who are up till midnight anyway still consider it Friday night, that's probably why it was called the Secret Friday Release.

Because that's the date they were released, 12 AM Saturday (17th) morning. Since most people who are up till midnight anyway still consider it Friday night, that's probably why it was called the Secret Friday Release.

Oh, I see. It was posted at 11 PM my time, so I was confused.

Edited by Saloiq

The only clue i found is that mods aren't posting to say this is just it. I think something is up, but i don't know what it is...

But the release wasn't a total surprise, apart from being Friday/Saturday and not a Sunday. TJ hinted at it on Twitter and then at the weekend the cave went down for ages (last weekend?)

Perhaps it was meant to happen then, but that delayed it.

If the release itself was the secret he wouldn't have said anything, would he?

I'll find the tweets

Here they are

dragon_cave Dragon Cave

You know, it takes very little time it takes to prepare multiple new breeds for release—whoops, did I say too much?

9 Sep.

dragon_cave Dragon Cave

In case people were wondering, I didn't necessarily mean tonight. But the next release is indeed ready.

10 Sep

and then

dragon_cave Dragon Cave

Two new eggs now available in the cave! tj

17 Sep

Edited by blobber

That isnt really conclusive though?

It is a surprise to the cave as a lot of peeps wont know or follow the twitters...

Also TJ likes naming his releases so who knows what the plans are?

I do hope there is something further but wont plan for it laugh.gif

Perhaps the mods keep quiet to allow the conspiracies laugh.gif

There are theories all over the place which is fun to think more, but perhaps with halloween round the corner this is it?

Has TJ ever tried anything before like this before?

Edited by lilacamy931

Well I hope you are right and the fun continues smile.gif Perhaps if there is anything it will be timed around adult sprites being revealed.

Siryuki, what about Sock's status, "sometimes a potato"? /RANDOM CONSPIRACY RANT!

That has nothing to do with this...I don't think. 'S been like that for a while, and it's a sort of...joke, I guess you could say.

If there's anything secret going on I'd like to know eventually pl0x.

Lol I love conspiracies. I remember the Magickarpocolypse and how everyone freaked out for the longest time because nobody knew what happened. At least the cave isn't down for maintenance for hours while we wait and debate over what could possibly happen. Still, I can't wait to see how these new conspiracies will turn out. xd.png

Blessed Be! ~Rain

Lol I love conspiracies. I remember the Magickarpocolypse and how everyone freaked out for the longest time because nobody knew what happened. At least the cave isn't down for maintenance for hours while we wait and debate over what could possibly happen. Still, I can't wait to see how these new conspiracies will turn out. xd.png

Blessed Be! ~Rain

And the release of the Black Stripes. "There's more to this release than meets the eye. Can you figure it out?" Nobody was really "freaking out" over it but there was speculation...

And the release of the Black Stripes. "There's more to this release than meets the eye. Can you figure it out?" Nobody was really "freaking out" over it but there was speculation...

I think I was on hiatus during the Black Stripe release so I'm not familiar with that one.

Blessed Be! ~Rain

I think I'm more curious as to what these dragons are called rather than what the adult versions look like. I thought I recognized the green one but based on its placement in the alphabetic sorting, I think I'm wrong =P

Someone a few pages back said they tried earthquake- three died and one had no effect rolleyes.gif

These are not special release like holidays so there will be more- forever

My point in thought exactly. xd.png They'd drop every day for these eggs while the holidays only drop once every year. tongue.gif So I don't see any panic or whatever for an accidental kill on the new eggs. rolleyes.gif