Draco123

Supernatural Beings

I have no idea, so I'm not gonna assume anything. I kinda want a unicorn, though. >->;;

My grandma still holds firm to tales of trolls, gremlins, faeries of Finnish lore from her mother. Though I suppose I find it hard to do so; I'm more of a skeptic. But, I still like to muse the idea of mythical beings and the likes. I do however strongly believe in ghosts and aliens, though I'm not sure aliens are considered supernatural.

But yeah, I'm nearly certain spirits lurk around.

I don't really believe in all that stuff, but if vampires were real, I'd step right up....

Immortality!!!!

*feels a vampire* my skin is so light and I hate sun,I prefer to sleep in sunny hours

Unicorns could exist, if more people started duct-taping cones to horse's foreheads. :c

Yeah I don't really believe in any of that stuff... and honestly I don't think I'd want them to exist either. XD Since, y'know, werewolves would maul people and mermaids would drown people and vampires would blind us... stuff like that. I mean if they were nicer it'd be cool. o3o

My favorite representation of those fantasy creatures is usually the darker ones. Not a fan of how fairies and mermaids and such and such being all girly and cute and disneyfied.

I've never liked mermaids or vampires really. Always liked Fairies and Unicorns.

I really really wish Pegacorns/Alicorns/Winged Unicorns/whatever existed, though. I want one sosobad. ;A;

Edited by Switch

I most certainly believe in the supernatural, although I don't normally call anything using that particular term.

I don't really believe in the 'classic' vampires or werewolves, but I do believe in ghosts. I do believe in witches, although I haven't met any myself. One of my mother's close friends is a psychic, kinda like a witch but not really. I'm not sure howto translate it to English. unsure.gif

Psychic vampires exist and nobody can persuade me otherwise. I don't like them too much either. One of my mother's acquaintances is one, and so is my sister's godmother. I'm not sure if they downright feed on others' energy, but they definitely suck it all right out. 3 minutes in the same space with one of the two and I'm to confused to tie two words together. I also work in a store in a market, and the vampires just love that place - 2 words and it's like I'm on their leash and I don't realize it until they're gone.

As for zombies, I don't believe in the 'dead people coming to life' zombies, but some people I meet are so zoned out it makes me wonder. Perhaps the victims of a mass hypnosis, because I swear there are more of them you bump into on the street than 2 years ago.

There's also a kind of 'house spirit' that we believe in here. Most people aren't very serious about it (not every house or apartment has one living there), but it's a kind of spirit that's not specifically good or evil. If you keep him happy, he helps keep the household in order and protects it, but if you don't he steals things, plays pranks, scares the animals and does everything to make the place less comfortable. Keeping him happy's quite easy too - you just have to leave him something to feed on every month. An egg, some porridge or a small glass of vodka and he's happy.

Fairies and mermaids I don't really believe in though. Perhaps if I'd grown up near water I'd have reason to believe in mermaids, but right now it's something I just can't really imagine as part of my world (although the myths are very interesting). The same goes for fairies, although I'm not sure where I'd have to grow up for them to make sense to me.

As for my favorite representation of different creatures are ones that seem natural. For example, one of the main reasons I don't believe in fairies is because I see them most often represented are pretty, frill and sparkling creatures - essentially purely magical. I can't tie anything in that sort of appearance to anything from the 'real world'.

At the same time, while I can't take the idea of either an undead or a person drinking the blood of another person to survive, but turning into dust when open to the sun to be serious, I have been around people and felt as if something was sucked out of me an an emotional level. Because of this, I do believe in vampires, albeit in a different sense.

As for representations in the media, if a creature is tied down to nature, and follows certain 'laws', so to speak, I find those very enjoyable (although most of those were as 'monsters'). I can't really find the right words to explain it though.

Ahh if they exist I don't want to meet them.

Ghosts and zombies are possibilities for me, everything else is a 'maybe until I see some proof.'

I dont believe Vampires and werewolves. I want to believe some of the creatures to be lived on like Nessie, but its hard to believe since after many years still there is no proven evidence about them.

Only Vampires i know are Bats and Mosquitos.

Giants might have existed tho, there are gigantic humanoid skeletons and graveyards found. Or Humans were gigantic many years ago o.O ?.

Edited by rayheart

Giants might have existed tho, there are gigantic humanoid skeletons and graveyards found. Or Humans were gigantic many years ago o.O ?.

Yes, humans used to be gigantic several millions years ago. :3 Humanity didn't evolve from monkeys as they say. wink.gif Not even Darwin was sure about his theory. But whatever. Different topic.

----------

I believe in psychic/energetic vampires, as I met some IRL. After spending some time with these people, you feel drained, confused and depressed. Also, they have a certain 'cold' look in their eyes. Not sure how to explain it, but this is one common trait among them.

Also, witches exist(ed). They can curse, bless, enchant things, cure curses, etc. I know of several cases that were quite legit. They don't have supernatural powers and wands, but are able to channel and manipulate the outer universal energies to their benefit, using different plants and potions(yeah, at least that part is true) and as well enchants. I don't believe in those that fly on brooms and such shizz.

Also, it's said that dwarfs and fairies are actually the spirits of the forest/ plants/ flowers, etc and that they still exist, just that our level of perception is too low for us to be able to see them.

Ghosts. I've seen some. Lived under the impression of being watched. Had things disappearing for no apparent reasons and appearing in different places. So yeah, they exist. I'm sure there are other peeps here who have had similar experiences and know what I mean.

Zombies, werewolves, blood-sucking vampires and mermaids are all fantasy to me though. I don't believe in them and I don't see any logic in their existence. Only in legends or as symbols.

Just my 2 cents. ^^

I don't believe in any of that stuff.

I'm definitely a need to see it to believe it kind of person and I've never seen anything to suggest that fairies, unicorns, or dragons exist.

There's a possibility of mermaids. The ocean is so vast and deep and we've barely explored it. So, they could be lurking somewhere but I doubt it.

Witches are real. Or rather, Wiccans are real. But I don't think they're doing "real" magic like the kind you see in Harry Potter. Definitely nothing like the classical Wizard of Oz-esk witches.

People who claim they're vampires or werewolves just seem like mental illness. That or someone who's been reading too many novels.

Ghosts are the only ones that hold a real "maybe" in my mind. I've seen some weird stuff that might have been ghosts but, well, you know how you can look at a chair or a lamp and see a face? I think it's kind of like that. We see or hear something that is vaguely human and then automatically think that it's human. Since a sound or a shadow isn't as much of a concrete thing like a chair or a lamp, we think it's supernatural.

It's still freaky when it happens though.

I've seen weird stuff. I have witnessed the tv come on when the remotes were half-way across the room from us. Have seen a magazine flip a page when no wind/breeze and it was on a different couch to me?

I believe there is a possibility that anything could exist at any given time, but otherwise nothing besides wishful thinking. The only thing I absolutely do believe in are ghosts from my own experiences.

And also faeries. I've been obsessed with fairies since I was old enough to recognize them in picture books. tongue.gif I couldn't care less wether or not their existence is illogical. Believing in something like that is magical and it just makes me happy whenever I think about them or read fairytales.

I might even find myself occasionally giggling over if what I saw in the garden was a fairy or not. I'm not going to go around blabbing about what I saw or to make them believe too. If it makes me happy then it's not anyone's business to force me to believe otherwise so I won't do it either.

I feel the same for everyone else that believes in something supernatural. As long as it isn't harming anyone else then it's fine even if I don't believe myself. As long as they aren't pushy and rude about it then no one should care.

Of course I don't believe the people that say they are something supernatural. Obviously if they really were they would keep it a secret, not boast about it... At least I think they would. Although, I still don't really care if that's what they believe unless it's actually a severe mental illness.

I love ghost documentaries because I like to watch "scary" stuff

But they tend to be fake and misleading

I believe in lycanthropes, Black Dogs/Hellhounds, Vampires, Skinwalkers, Demons, Dragons, Banshees, Ghosts, Kamis, a large number of Japanese Yokai like tsukumogami and so on

Fairies and Angels are nasty monsters that lure the young away to devour their flesh, they use human stupidly of pretty equals good

I don't really have a lot of beleif in these thing iM sorry. I used to when I was more younger for st patricks day for example with the leprachan thing

Whoa, whoa, whoa, okay.

I had an astronomy professor who believed in bigfoot.

Like, there was not a shadow of doubt in his mind about it.

He was ridiculously smart, a scientist, PHD, card carrying whatever, I don't know, and he SWEARS ON HIS OWN LIFE that he saw a bigfoot on the side of the road when he was on some kind of excursion scientist party bus or something.

When he told the class about his bigfoot experience I must have been making a weird face or something cos he talked to me later like, "I hope I didn't offend you with what I said. You looked really disturbed." o_O

I DUNNO, MAN, I'VE JUST NEVER ACTUALLY SEEN A BIGFOOT BEFORE.

Large creatures are periodically discovered, and found that they aren't extinct or mythical, and that isn't only in the ocean. Maybe Sasquatch / Yeti / Bigfoot are real, just they're damn good at hiding or something. Do I think they're real personally? I don't think about them enough to say. If they're one day discovered openly, and all that- I won't be surprised. If every single millimeter of the planet is discovered and they aren't there- well, that wouldn't surprise me either.

Ghosts? Yes. Real. I've seen them. Either that, or they were something else, that we might as well call 'ghosts'. Paralell realities bleeding through and we're seeing someone else alive and well, just extraplanar? I don't know. I've seen a few classifications of them... I'll get into it if someone asks.

Demons? Yes. What are they? A polterguist lives longer than the person who made it, sometimes. Might something like that eventually be called a demon? Maybe. What about a ghost that was a living, emotionally unstable being- that died a violent death and who was never buried properly? One that got angry, and time went on, and it couldn't be called a ghost anymore, but something worse? That's a demon.

Angels? Same token- a death. But this one isn't a horrible one- or if it is, that individual was happy or had enough willpower to remain positive and helpful no matter the circumstances. Helping lost travelers in a blizzard because they died in one, or something. Just a ghost that lasts a long time is all.

Kappa and La Llorona - no. I think those spirits were created to instill fear of wandering off alone near water at dark so their parents wouldn't have to worry about their kids drowning.

Edited by Viirin

Well I don't believe in any of this stuff, but I wish I did! My favourite TV shows and movies are the supernaturally inclined ones and it's fun to think that maybe that stuff is out there, even if I don't actually believe it at the end of the day. tongue.gif

I don't believe in Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, Elfs, Trolls etc. or even ghosts. I do believe in the existence of angels and demons. I believe what we call "ghosts" are demonic entities who take up the image of a dead person and mess with the living.

I believe dragons legends come from dinosaurs (that word was not coined until the 1800s I think?) that lived alongside humans.

I wish that mer-people and selkies were real though. I find them to be quite fascinating.

I don't know if I believe in bigfoot or not, but I sure enjoy watching the shows: "Mountain Monsters" and "Alaska Monsters" on TV xd.png

Edited by lanette

I believe in ghosts and ogres but not warewolves, zombiers, vampires, elfs, trolls, or magic. But I do wish that magic was real biggrin.gif

Edited by wtf

SEAHORSES DON'T EXIST ARE YOU NUTS?

Flying foxes are completely legit though. And so are faeries. I've been plagued by them for a while now.

Fffffff mindblown alot.png

As a zoology major, I have absolutely no doubt that at least a couple of the more reasonable cryptids exist.

It'd be a pretty good conservation program tbh, just deny the animal exists in the first place, and make it into such a joke that anyone posting evidence looks laughable. I'd bet they use denial for a bunch of different species, and that a bunch of endangered species and possibly even some recently extinct stuff exists, and we know it exists, but the general public is kept in the dark to protect stuff.

Think about it. As an example, if it was suddenly announced "BIGFOOT IS REAL" you'd have a massive influx of people to the area looking to go see one, or shoot one, or etc etc and you don't want that if you're trying to maintain some threatened species.