wobster109

Optional Pages for Breeding

There's a small thing that's becoming more and more of an issue for me, and it's that every time I want to breed dragons, it loads all possible dragons of the other gender.

I'm nearing 1200 adult dragons.

This means that most times I breed, my computer is loading around 500 images, and it takes a while. The only solution I have is to disable images while breeding, but with so many dragons, it's getting harder for me to recognize them by name alone.

Is there any chance we might have pages when we breed, similar to the scroll pages? (I'm expecting it to be similar in coding as well.) There'd be an Account Settings option that would let scrollowners choose whether they wanted to use it, and how many dragons to show per page. It would be very useful for me, and I hope it would be useful to others with lots of dragons.

Peace and happiness,

wobster109

Ooo yes please! I have the same problem - not enough too many dragons! xd.png I don't disable images, so it can take quite a while for everything to load so that I can be sure I'm clicking on the dragon I want to breed.

Yes, even with my number of dragons it can take a toll on the loading time.

It would be in favor of something like this <3

I would like this as well, along with a number of other things about breeding that I think other threads have talked about.

I don't even have my gold trophy yet, and it's already enough that I don't breed as often as I'd like anymore.

(The other things are lineage links in the breeding page, and dragons that you've attempted breeding showing up at the top of the list even if they didn't get an egg.)

This is a little similar to one I saw about "boxes" or "files", but this seems much easier to implement since it's about the same as how scroll pages are already.

With the handful of suggestions we have for this issue, I'm surprised nobody brought this one up yet.

As long as I can set my scroll settings and breed page settings to different things, I'd be okay with this. :3

There's a small thing that's becoming more and more of an issue for me, and it's that every time I want to breed dragons, it loads all possible dragons of the other gender.

I'm nearing 1200 adult dragons.

This means that most times I breed, my computer is loading around 500 images, and it takes a while. The only solution I have is to disable images while breeding, but with so many dragons, it's getting harder for me to recognize them by name alone.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I've updated the site to re-use the images just like the scroll pages do. This means that you should only load each individual sprite once, no matter how many dragons of that breed you have. And in most cases, these sprites should be already cached from seeing them on your scroll page, so it should load much faster.

That is incredibly helpful (900 adult dragons of each gender here), thank you!

Thanks for pointing this out.

I've updated the site to re-use the images just like the scroll pages do. This means that you should only load each individual sprite once, no matter how many dragons of that breed you have. And in most cases, these sprites should be already cached from seeing them on your scroll page, so it should load much faster.

Ok, thank you!

Thanks everyone for your support <3