Aerouant

[CLOSED]DC Photography contest #40

Thank you all for voting for me biggrin.gif

Wow, this is contest #40 allready! biggrin.gif

Find yourself a mirror, a pool of water or some droplets, the theme of this contest is Reflections!

Here are some examples (1st by me, others by google tongue.gif ):

user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image

I hope you can work with this one smile.gif Good luck!

The Rules:

- One entry per person

- Picture has to be made by yourself and can't be just a reproduction of someone's work. If someone else's work is in the picture, there needs to be something extra.

- No manipulation besides basic photo adjustments (contrast, exposure, cropping, color balance, lighting, etc.)

- No text or framing in the photo. A signature/watermark is just fine, but it's preferable if you don't have "O Hai Eye Hav3 T3XT" (or something similar) present in the photo.

- When voting, please don't select your own image. This will ensure fairness.

- You are free to submit an old photo; you don't need to take a new one just for this competition.

Closing date: September 15th

Previous themes:

1: Beginning anew

2: Simplicity

3: Summer

4: Wildlife

5: Black & White

6: Food

7: Macro

8: Farewell

9: Light and Shadow

10: Urban

11: In the home

12: Travel Photography

13: Pets

14: Red

15: Coupled Animals

16: Clouds

17: Green

18: Water

19: Scenic views

20: Invertebrates

21: Sunrise/Sunset

22: Purple

23: Out of Context

24: Snow

25: Flowers

26: Mountains

27: Old

28: Birds

29: Inanimate Objects

30: New Life

31: Play

32: Road

33: Leaves

34: People

35. Books

36. Statues

37. Nighttime

38. Candy

39: Fruits

Edited by Aerouant

Nice theme. (: I wonder if I have something on my computer, so I'll take a look as soon as I get home from school. (;

*hits camera against keyboard in hopes of transferring the perfect picture that she took a long while ago* must...find...link cable...and I will enter! promise!

Yeah, I'll definitely be able to enter this one! biggrin.gif I just need to dig through my gallery, and check out which shots I've used in earlier competitions. I don't think it'll be very easy to decide which one will be my entry!

I have a couple I could use, but I think I'll go with this one...

I took it at the Charles L. Sommers canoe base in Ely, Minnesota smile.gif

Edited by philpot123

So it seems I haven't participated in any earlier contests with my boat shot, and as that is one of my favourite shots ever, it's got to be that one now! This is my entry

Oh, I can tell this is going to be tough voting. I don't enter contests, but I always want to vote. These entries are all amazing!

@ RheaZen

Love, love, love that picture. The sky reflected in the water...beautiful (:

@ SickThing

O_O You really took that picture? Oh my goodness, that is a very lucky shot. I really don't have any words for it. It's amazing.

(No, no...it's more than amazing. Gosh, I wish I knew some more advanced vocabulary. I don't know what to call it D:)

@ Hawktalon

Cambodia? Neat! I love the building- perfectly reflected in the water. I love that you can see the sky more in detail in the reflection, like the clouds.

@ philpot123

Needless to say, I adore your photo. The sunset is the most marvelous thing to capture. I love the colors, and the way it turns the trees way out there into silhouettes.

@ Nimrodel

Woah ._. The water is so calm, it looks like glass. Like the boat is just resting on a mirror. So beautiful.

Great entries so far, everyone!

Who do I vote for? D: Decisions, decisions...

Edited by glamoursea2

@ SickThing

O_O You really took that picture? Oh my goodness, that is a very lucky shot. I really don't have any words for it. It's amazing.

(No, no...it's more than amazing. Gosh, I wish I knew some more advanced vocabulary. I don't know what to call it D:)

Thank you very much!! smile.gif Yep I was at work and we were making soap bubbles; we also had a thingie for big bubbles. I was shooting a lot of the bubbles but only once I was able to capture such a reflection. It's one of the photos I am very proud of. smile.gif

Nimrodel, I always loved this photo when I saw it on your profile on DA. smile.gif The water is like a mirror, really wonderful!

@ Nimrodel

Woah ._. The water is so calm, it looks like glass. Like the boat is just resting on a mirror. So beautiful.

Gosh the bubble, the boat.. gorgeous shots!

Nimrodel, I always loved this photo when I saw it on your profile on DA.  The water is like a mirror, really wonderful!

Thanks, guys! I am so glad you like the shot :'D

Having seen Nim's and Sick's photos, I'm very glad I have nothing to enter. It would be pointless.

So it seems I haven't participated in any earlier contests with my boat shot, and as that is one of my favourite shots ever, it's got to be that one now! This is my entry

Oh no. Not that one! I don't have a chance! D:

Well I'll throw this in for now. Placid Lake

:3

Ackftpth D: More beautiful entries. God, this is going to be tough voting.

@ Caius

Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous! The rock almost looks like it's glowing. It's so bright and pretty...absolutely beautiful.

@ lachrymation

You know, I'm a sucker for silhouettes. I know that sounds odd, but really. I love the silhouette of the tree branches and the reflection of the trees in the water. Amazing shot!

Darn you guys for having such amazing entries. Every single one of them is absolutely stunning. I really don't know who I want to vote for D:

Well, my hopes are dashed D:

But I shall still enter !

Window Reflection

It's the reflection of the sky in my window outside, sometime in the winter tongue.gif

I've found an entry. Not the best, but it will have to do for now.

Eyeing the Photographer

D'aww!

Snakey~

I love snakes. Like a lot <3 So pretty- when/where did you take that? :3

@ glamoursea2

Thank you! ^^

@ WWECornSerpent

Aawww, what a cutie! :'D I love snakes. <3

I think i'll be skipping out on this one. I can't find anything very reflective.