Predat0rs

Do you think all species should have dimorphism?

I enjoy dimorphism in the new dragons but it takes me a bit of time to adjust to old dragons suddenly getting dimorphic sprites. It all depends on what the artists want for the dragons and whether they feel like putting in the time and effort into creating an extra sprite though. They tend to end up being very beautiful. smile.gif

I would love it if all the sprites had dimorphism- that way there is a bit of excitement when you get the eggs, as this thought 'oh look, a magi dragon, I know exactly what it's going to look like' is less exciting than this thought: 'oh look, a shallow water dragon, I wonder if it's going to be male or female and what sprite it's going to be?'

However, I know this would take forever, so it's OK. Sorry if my rambling doesn't make sense.

My thoughts:

1. I prefer dimorphism. However, I respect the spriter's rights in creating however many sprites as they're willing to create, so dimorphism should not be required.

2. I like the idea of flipping the sprites for unimorphic sprites so that you can tell the difference; however, I am a firm believer that none of the current dragons should change their sprites unless there is a genuine need, which this isn't.

in conclusion, I think that the situation should remain as it is, however much I wish that that wasn't the case.

Also, what do people think of the idea of dual morphism, that is, having 2 (or more) sprites, but having them not be gender specific?

I think it'd be nice if they were all like that but I don't have a problem if they're not

I think dimorphism adds more spice to the scroll, but I'm happy with new dragons regardless if they are dimorphic or not.

dimorphism is not a big deal for me, but i'd prefer same body style and just change the pose, or not too different from the 2 genders

sometimes dimorphism is quite nice to see clearer about the dragon. (like alt blacks that we can see it's front or back)

I really want to see the front body of the tinsels (¥_¥)