MisaTange

Team Fortress 2

Searched and found... a Team Fortress 2 topic that was last posted on 2010. Thought I'll make 2011's Team Fortress 2 topic.

So, Team Fortress 2 is a first-person shooter game that looks cartoony, but really, it's not kiddy. Gore, guts and blood (and parts fly out of your body and into the freezecam occasionally) line the game. There are nine classes, each very different style (and some have different playstyles) from each other with very different personalities.

I main as a Medic because no-one plays it. I don't mind healing for most of the time.

Then, I love playing Engineer. I use the regular sentry gun for defense and the minisentry for plugging in those holes.

TF2 is fun, but since they decided to add a billion hats and items I don't play as often =P I main Soldier, Medic, Sniper.

Ragdoll physics make any FPS instantly hilarious!

I have this downloaded, but I've only played it a few times. It's pretty fun though.

So, just started TF2 since after trying Portal I figured I should try more Valve games, but I don't have a lot of money, and this was free to play. Absolute joy! Such great fun.

Still getting use to the classes, and I'm enjoying most of them. Can't seem to get the hang of Sniper, Spy or Demoman, though.

iremember the time when i was on 2Fort and shooting spys while cloaked

i just truned from the senry and shot, i swaer five dominations from just that

i also had a spy helping me^^

Oh my god TF2 is like one of the best games I've played EVER. But since I don't have a 3.0 Ghz computer i can't play it. D':

I mostly play as Scout , Heavy and Engi. But on Medieval servers i usually play as Scout and Pyro.

I just got into TF2 thanks to a fellow member of the forum. I can't figure out how to get my mic to work on it, though! It works fine elsewhere, but when I test it in-game, nobody can hear me.

Any tips?

Oh, and also, I major in Sniper and Pyro. But I fail hard at being a spy. XP

Edited by Drako_tamer

I just got into TF2 thanks to a fellow member of the forum. I can't figure out how to get my mic to work on it, though! It works fine elsewhere, but when I test it in-game, nobody can hear me.

Any tips?

Oh, and also, I major in Sniper and Pyro. But I fail hard at being a spy. XP

I actually have the same problem. Steam games don't like to recognize my mic. I pause and go to the voice options menu, poke the test button, and unplug and replug my microphone in the back until it does recognize it. You'll know when it does because it goes from echo-y squeaks to you saying "hello? come on. are you working yet?" tongue.gif

It took me a while to work it out as well: you have to press 'v' and hold it down. Have you tried that. (If you have, and it still didn't work, no idea. I just know that it wasn't obvious to me).

I play a lot of tf2, i play pretty much all the classes except scout. but i do accidentally have over 100 hours of engie. Recently got into trading, kinda fun but you have to know what your doing or you'll lose a lot of stuff.

I really should get back into this game... I mainly play Sniper, Medic, and Scout so... yeah. The Spy class is the one class I actually fail at, so it's not really for me. Although I am looking for Your Eternal Reward actually.

I love doing KotH matches though. Fun~

Yesterday I was on a server where everyone but another person and I. So we started a taunt war. In taunt wars you kill the other person with taunts that have the ability to kill. The other guy killed me most with Heavy's finger gun.

Hai Closet. I know your tricks...lD

I've been playing spy a lot more often, so I was understandably happy when someone offered me a Spy-cicle. I traded a Eureka Effect for it and, for me anyways, it was a good trade. I can't count how many times it's saved my rear from pyros, and I managed to make a flaming heavy ice sculpture with it.

God, there should be an achievement for that. I'd call it 'Freezer burn'. XP

I've been playing for about five months, and loving it. There's such a great personality to the game, and even thought it doesn't look like it, a lot of skill and different play styles.

I mostly go Engineer and Medic, although I play a good Soldier as well. I'm trying to improve my three worst classes- Scout, Spy and Sniper. I mostly find it hard to find an excuse for those last two classes, since usually a team has too many of those.

I main as Scout and Sniper, but I've been losing my touch as a scout, lately. Boss as Sniper, though!

(P.S. Anyone wanna add me on Steam? (The Portal Keeper))

I main spy,medic, and pybro because I like backstabbing people nd I enjoy being a credit to the team by healing or defending the sentry nest

Gonna revive this thread because I said so laugh.gif

Just got the game (free-to-player yea hush it's the same game)

I main as a Medic. Because Medics are important and I prefer support roles :c

Medic is easy to play if you have a lick of sense. I mained as medic, but in the end played around with playing melee-only a lot. Really. I ended up playing medieval medic (I don't even) or heavy boxing with bear claws, buffalo steak, and my headdress.

I was playing last night and saw two medics, one ubering the other and the other one meleeing everyone. And then the uber ran out, so they switched places and the first one had an uber. XD I thought it was rather lulzy.

I play scout most of the time. Shortstop seems rather op paired with criticola, that's been my build lately for him.

Yeah, that's an amusing playstyle. You'd have found that the medics were using Ubersaws. on melee attack, you gain 25% Ubercharge: Medics can chain together like that back and forth so long as they keep it up and build the Uber in time.