AngelKitty

Refusals more common lately?

The refusal rate does seem higher. I'm mating an electric x gray pair for a project I'm working on. Last week, they refused. Okay--so I raised a new electric, made sure it gendered right, this meant other rearranging of things but I did it and waited a week. Tried again today, different electric with same gray: ANOTHER REFUSAL.

*headdesk* So now I get to try rearranging them all again and see if I can come up with a pair that will actually even TRY to produce an egg. BLEARGH.

I haven't had a refusal in ages O_O Almost all my dragons were either "not interested" or bred an egg. I've been getting eggs pretty successfully recently- maybe not the magmas and stripes I want, but eggs nonetheless xd.png

I really hope refusals don't increase D: I already have an intended mate for my unhatched Silver. I influenced it and everything.

Hmm.. About as many as I normally get, which is not that many. Tomorrow I have to find mates for three new Tinsels though, so we'll see how that goes.

I rarely get refusals and I've gotten 4 in the last 3-4 weeks?

Gold x Stripe

Black Stripe x Black Stripe

Black Stripe x Black Stripe

Silver Tinsel x Pink

I thought my they were just being a little picky or my luck was a little dry at the time. lol

Has refusal's increased?

I got three refusals in a row from carefully selected breeding pairs blink.gif I didn't breed much before but that seems a little bit much to me...

I've been running into refusals often enough that I cross my fingers as I click "Breed" when I'm trying a new pair.

However, the refusals are making sense. I tried a Hellfire with a Waterhorse and got a refusal; pretty much anything x Vine on my scroll has turned up as a refusal.

meh, my most recent refusals have been for important breeding projects such as IOUs. its really a pain where "ill give you the firstborn offspring" and then "sorry gonna need to re-breed they refused." :/ otherwise, things go relatively smooth in my cave.

I've had more refusals in the last three weeks than in the two years I've been playing.

This is getting ridiculous. I've had a terrae from an even gen proyect reject 2 mates in a row. I'm hopeful he will get the third one... although maybe not.

I've also had my lovely silver tinsel refuse its mate. I've only got another blue nebula fem to try. If he rejects her, I'm s..... as I don't seem to be getting lucky with trades as of late (I get lucky if I ask for ridiculously cheap things in exchange, otherwise not).

I can feel fine knowing that my two BBW did not refused (only gave me no egg). My BBW project is going at turtle speed thanks to the fact that I've had for like 5 or 6 refusals ever since the new feature updates.

My beautiful white/holyday project is also going WAY too slow, thanks to a bunch of refusals. Took me like 3 months to get an egg from a certain pair and, when I got it, the next gen bred fine, but the third gen refused (ARGH!).

I'm naming the fifth gen something with Miracle.

I'm so tired... I also cross my fingers hopefully when I'm trying new pairs, which is quiet often as I want to push my terrae lineage to a huge size.

Edit; I've also had more refusals ever since the new updates than in the years I've been playing the game.

Edited by DragonNighthowler

Yeah, I've had quite a few refusals. Many of them were my go-to pairs that I've had for years now. Then, I'd try them again with multiple new partners and it would never work.

It's supposed not to happen that if they HAVE bred they won't refuse, I thought ? Ones who have bred will only go as far as no interest, surely ?

Bred several today (using fertility) and only had one refusal.

It's supposed not to happen that if they HAVE bred they won't refuse, I thought ? Ones who have bred will only go as far as no interest, surely ?

Hmm, that is a good point. Perhaps it was that they simply didn't produce any eggs, and my memory is just being a failure again. :-P Either way, I definitely did have almost all of my new pairs refuse, except for one or two. And I've tried quite a bit of different combinations since I came back to the site.

Edited by Argie

Tinsels are infamous for refusing a given mate, and mine stay true to the breed. My Bronze and Silver both refused their first mates.

okay now none of my tinsels are refusing!!!! my gold gave me one my bronze gave me one and my first time breeding my silver tinsel i got a tinsel egg!!!!

I actually have had an established breeding pair, complete with offspring, change their minds on how they felt about each other & utterly refuse to breed; they no longer show up on the available mates list now. Which stinks because now I have to find a new mate for one of my snow angels...

I'm actually going to say that yeah, I think refusals are more common. In my previous years of playing DC, I don't think I've ever had a refusal. Yet recently when I've started breeding pairs for gifts/trades and whatnot, I've been getting refusals. Thankfully, it hasn't happened to one of my already paired couples. *knocks on wood*

I can only imagine how irritating it would be be to have dragons with set partners suddenly refuse one another. .n.

I'm actually going to say that yeah, I think refusals are more common. In my previous years of playing DC, I don't think I've ever had a refusal. Yet recently when I've started breeding pairs for gifts/trades and whatnot, I've been getting refusals. Thankfully, it hasn't happened to one of my already paired couples. *knocks on wood*

I can only imagine how irritating it would be be to have dragons with set partners suddenly refuse one another. .n.

A fair number of people have had pairs that have successfully produced previously suddenly Refuse.

I'd say that Refusals in general are FAR more common now - I don't think I had any for the first couple of years I was here, and now it's fairly common.

I recently had a Tinsel and perfect intended mate, serendipitously found on the AP, Refuse on their first breeding attempt, among others...

Frustrating, to say the least.

I actually have had an established breeding pair, complete with offspring, change their minds on how they felt about each other & utterly refuse to breed; they no longer show up on the available mates list now. Which stinks because now I have to find a new mate for one of my snow angels...

I think they aren't supposed to refuse once they have bred, and I think someone said that if you can show TJ their children and the fact that they refused later, Something can be Done.