kiffren

Rosebud x Tombstone Tinsel Checker

My starter grew up and really liked my first Rosebud biggrin.gif , so they decided to give me this smile.gif Have PMed Kiffren with a TP link... hopefully next week there will be another smile.gif

kiffren wants people to refrain from breeding their tinsels during Halloween because she'll be saving room on her scroll and not be willing to accept eggs.

She asked me to say this because she's too lazy busy to post it herself at the moment.

Edited by Seraphinu

Kiffren wants people to refrain from breeding their tinsels during Halloween because she'll be saving room on her scroll and not be willing to accept eggs.

She asked me to say this because she's too lazy busy to post it herself at the moment.

Got it wink.gif

kiffren wants people to refrain from breeding their tinsels during Halloween because she'll be saving room on her scroll and not be willing to accept eggs.

To clarify, that's from 3 days before halloweens are breedable until 3 days after the new eggs are released.

So from Oct 23 thru Nov 4th.

To clarify, that's from 3 days before halloweens are breedable until 3 days after the new eggs are released.

So from Oct 23 thru Nov 4th.

got it.

btw bred my starter with my Rosebud today and got no egg. well, they didn't refuse at least.

My starter is officially dead. I have a starter egg available that I sent to Gravija. Reading through the thread I don't think she got one to replace her refusal yet?

Successfully sent to Gravija. http://dragcave.net/lineage/HKDC7

Edited by Sister of the Dragon

Okay, today I bred the 4th egg from my Starter Tinsel and afterwards I tried to kill it - unfortunately it ´avoided` the blade xd.png .

This probably means it can never be killed, right?

So I will have to start over again with my 4th bred Tinsel as a new Starter rolleyes.gif .

Okay, today I bred the 4th egg from my Starter Tinsel and afterwards I tried to kill it - unfortunately it ´avoided` the blade xd.png .

This probably means it can never be killed, right?

From what I heard from zombie experiments, it only means it cannot be killed today, so just try again tomorrow.

But I'm not sure. May be a good question for Help or "Tiny little questions"? Maybe there you can find someone who has actually succeeded killing a dragon that avoided the blade previously?

From what I heard from zombie experiments, it only means it cannot be killed today, so just try again tomorrow.

But I'm not sure. May be a good question for Help or "Tiny little questions"? Maybe there you can find someone who has actually succeeded killing a dragon that avoided the blade previously?

Ah, okay, thanks. Then I`ll try again tomorrow. Let`s hope it will work then.

A dragon that dodges a kill will continue to dodge for 24 hours.

At least, that's the theory, although some people have been reporting that they've been able to kill a dodger in less time than that.

Either way, you should be able to give killing your dragon a good go again after 24 hours from when it first dodged.  Good luck!

(And for what it's worth, if you're planning for zombies, you may want to wait until after Halloween.  Otherwise you won't get your kill slot back in time for the 31st.)

This, on all counts. smile.gif

Also, some dragons dodge repeatedly.

I have a purple dorsal to use to attempt to make a zombie.

She dodged for the first three days. I finally got her last night.

It's all chance. Keep trying, there's just no sense in trying every 5 minutes.

In the case of one of my dragons, he actually dodged 24 hours after a dodge, but I tried an hour later and it worked. So the timers might be a little off, as well - you can try a few times in one day without resetting the timer, so I tend to try again when I'm bored to see what will happen.

Four down for Halloween, one to go!

Edited by SolarCat

A dragon that dodges a kill will continue to dodge for 24 hours.

At least, that's the theory, although some people have been reporting that they've been able to kill a dodger in less time than that.

Either way, you should be able to give killing your dragon a good go again after 24 hours from when it first dodged. Good luck!

(And for what it's worth, if you're planning for zombies, you may want to wait until after Halloween. Otherwise you won't get your kill slot back in time for the 31st.)

Following up on that, it definitely doesn't take 24 hours. I attempted to kill four adults last night around midnight - 1 died, 3 dodged. Out of curiosity I tried again right now, less than 15 hours later - and have 2 more dead adults, one dodged again.

So dodging is definitely not permanent, and you don't even have to wait a whole day. So eventually it should be possible to kill that Starter. smile.gif

Noticed the same thing, and was surprised by it. I'm not sure what the new cooldown for Kill is, but it seems to have been another thing recently changed in anticipation of Zombification Day.

Well - today my starter finally was a nice Tinsel... it stopped avoiding the blade and died obediently: http://dragcave.net/lineage/5uEXb (also less then 24 hours since my last try by the way)

I just have to remember not reading the lines that follow the dragon`s death the next time I`m doing something like this xd.png .

Edited by Kelan

I decided to test-breed my starter tinsel to one of my Rosebuds, figuring I'd not get any eggs, and I was right. However, I also got a refusal. :/ What do I do now?

I decided to test-breed my starter tinsel to one of my Rosebuds, figuring I'd not get any eggs, and I was right. However, I also got a refusal. :/ What do I do now?

Try him with your other Rosebud after November 4th and if they give an egg you shall send it to kiffren. I can breed one more starter for you, just tell me when you want it?

One of my Rosebuds has refused THREE starters (silly girl)!!! The fourth boy isn't tested yet, I'll wait until November 4th *fingers crossed* she will like him!

Try him with your other Rosebud after November 4th and if they give an egg you shall send it to kiffren. I can breed one more starter for you, just tell me when you want it?

One of my Rosebuds has refused THREE starters (silly girl)!!! The fourth boy isn't tested yet, I'll wait until November 4th *fingers crossed* she will like him!

When you send a new starter tinsel, please tell me what the code of it is so I can keep my (very disorganized) record up to date. ^^

I haven't disappeared, I promise. I'll get back to breeding after the Hallowe'en bedlam is over.

Might i jump in and ask a few questions??

First a statement: Love this idea and would love to be in on it as long as I'm clear on the mechanics xd.png

now questions

1: as i have no starter of my own i would be given a starter. I breed it to rosebud1 --> get egg --> give to kiffren. breed to rosebud2--> give to kiffren. breed to either rosebud -->pass to next person in line. breed to rosebud1 again --> keep it. breed to rosebud2 again-->keep it. kill starter tinsel

^--- is this the correct order of things? (this leaves me with 1 tinsel from each rosebud that i could breed together to get a 3rd gen tinsel or breed to some off the wall holiday to pass on to whoever right?)

2. I used all 5 of my kill slots at halloween. Should I sign up now or wait until my kill slots regenerate?

I believe i have confused myself. But if that order up there is right then i'll keep it close by...

Edited for more efficient order.

Edited by wolfwindmoon

now questions

1: as i have no starter of my own i would be given a starter. I breed it to rosebud1 --> get egg --> give to kiffren. breed to rosebud2--> give to kiffren. breed to either rosebud -->pass to next person in line. breed to rosebud1 again --> keep it. breed to rosebud2 again-->keep it. kill starter tinsel

^--- is this the correct order of things?

Almost. If you have 2 CB rosebuds, which you seem to have, the sensible order is as follows:

1. Breed Starter to rosebud 1 => pass egg to kiffren

2. Breed Starter to rosebud 2 => pass egg to kiffren

3. Breed Starter to rosebud 1 => keep egg

4. Breed Starter to rosebud 2 => keep egg, influence oposite to egg from 3.

So, you only have to give the first 2 eggs to Kiffren. The remaning 2 are for you, to breed them together for a 3rd gen. So you would start trading with others at 3rd gen.

Since the Starter-Tinsel is supposed to be killed after the 4th breeding, 2nd-gen trading makes only sense for those of us who, like me, only have 1 adult CB Rosebud. We do all 4 breedings with the same rosebud, give the first 2 eggs to Kiffren, keep the 3rd and swap the 4th with someone else who only has one Rosebud. And then we, like you, shall have a pair of 2nd gens that we can use to breed & trade 3rd gens. smile.gif

Deleted my post.

Didn't know we were supposed to breed both rosebuds to the tinsel.

Alright. I understand that well enough. Thanks Lastalda! Now lets just hope for swift return of kill slots and dragons that enjoy each others company.

Starter Tinsel Request

Scroll Name: Wolfwindmoon

Total Number of Dragons: ~300

Number of Zombies: 2 (they don't take up kill slots anymore right?)

Number of Adult Rosebuds: 2

Time Zone: currently CDT, CST on Nov 6th