Yzarro

cultural things we'll be ashamed of in 50 years

I'm from Tennessee. The patron state of shootin' stuff? Hunting is a legitimate pastime, as long as you consume what you kill. Killing purely for fun is ridiculous. However, if you've ever been around here... the deer are severely overpopulated. I can only imagine what it would be like if we stopped hunting altogether. Plus, a guy I know makes the best deer barbecue ever... mmmmm...

I think the fact that we let the environment get this screwed up will be a major embarassment someday.

Over/underpopulation, climate change, pollution, ect.

Gangham Style, The Fox, and the vast majority of YouTube meme videos. And quite possibly the fact that so many of us spent so much time watching cat videos...

Also Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber, but most of us are already embarrassed about that.

Sensationalist/fear-mongering media, or heck, the way today's (At least, the US', I don't know how it is other places) media is in general. /: I get that people need/want to know what's going on in the world, but, for example, just last week there was a tragic shooting in Washington D.C., and there was several hours of footatge being brodcast dedicated to the tragedy and so-called "experts" weighing in, that, frankly, I don't believe was necessary. Now that isn't to say that this event wasn't a tragedy, but in my opinion, unless a person lived in the area and truly needed to know about this, the only purpose this type of "news" is just to cause uneccessary worry. That was just an example, but unless a story is a huge tragedy (like 9/11, Pearl Harbor, etc.) then I believe it doesn't require so much additional airtime. Or when people do stupid things and post them online (See: the cinnamon challenge, snorting condoms, and various other asinine things. {Side Note: Not necessarily in 50 years, but I hope that the people who think these things are cool/positive ways of getting attention will look back and be ashamed.}) and said things become popular, they're given news coverage, usually with headlines like "The new craze that's deadly to teens!" when really, there're far less people participating in whatever activity than they want you to think. I get that there is rating competition, but still. -/Rant over *apologizes for wall of text and goes back to being sunshine and rainbows.* :3

Gangham Style, The Fox, and the vast majority of YouTube meme videos. And quite possibly the fact that so many of us spent so much time watching cat videos...

Also Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber, but most of us are already embarrassed about that.

Awwww. I agree with everything above 'cept Gangnam style. :3 Its a great way to be awkward walking down the school hallways.

That aside, how about when there are no more wolves (thanks to them being taken off the endangered list) or how about pollution, when we all finally realize how much of a mess the future people will have to live with.

Awwww. I agree with everything above 'cept Gangnam style. :3 Its a great way to be awkward walking down the school hallways.

That aside, how about when there are no more wolves (thanks to them being taken off the endangered list) or how about pollution, when we all finally realize how much of a mess the future people will have to live with.

They aren't on the endangered list because they aren't endangered. They're welcome back on it if their status is threatened again.

People who are famous for being famous/obnoxious/stupid (Paris Hilton, Jersey Shore, Here comes honey booboo, etc.)

I'm already ashamed of those things but it may be awhile before the rest of the world is as well.