Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

Does anyone have some nice mixed even gens to share? I'm always seeing different kinds of checkers and other lineages where the colors are organized in a checker-like fashion, but not so much stuff like what I have below. (Of course, a lot of those lineages were copy-pasted from posts made here, so I really can't say anything. tongue.gif)

Hm. My first project actually was to get all my even-gens bred together. Yeah, that was when I was new and barely had any, though.

So I've got this far.

Hm, that got me thinking. After vals, maybe I'll try to get some mates for my frills. Anyone willing/able to mirror this daydream x horse x frill x albino pattern?

On another note, I rather like how these go together. I wonder how long it would take to get a red dorsal egg?

Depending on how influence goes (I forgot what I wanted the pink to be xd.png), I might continue on with this daydream x pink design.

And lookie! My first try at the royal blues. I hope "she" genders correctly, and they'll like each other.

Edited by Lolchen

Hm, that got me thinking. After vals, maybe I'll try to get some mates for my frills. Anyone willing/able to mirror this daydream x horse x frill x albino pattern?

I wouldn't mind trying to breed you something similar to that... although I wouldn't be able to get that 2nd gen frill in the mix... x_x;

Maybe the mate could be something along the lines of...

daydream x horse = daydream

albino x frill = albino?

I have two CB frills, one male and one female, you could decide the rest of the mates from there if you wanted to.

Halfway there smile.gif Now if only my second gens would stop giving me Terraes ><

Beautiful!

it reminds me of a lineage somebody showed off here that looked like lace... kind of... I cannot describe it really, but I regret not having taken a screenie. I just remember that there were Terrae, Sweelings and Purples in it. xd.png

And Goslander, I love your Rainbow confetti! biggrin.gif It's the kind of inspiration I need - would you mind if I did something... well, not quite alike, but similar to yours?

Edited by Mamamaus

On another note, I rather like how these go together. I wonder how long it would take to get a red dorsal egg?

It is possible to get Red Dorsals from them. Though at the moment it's probably more likely to get a Black. ^^;

Still trying to breed a Black mate for the male 4th Gen nevertheless. >_>

So, I've discovered something. Rosebuds and Shadow Walkers look stunning together. I doubt I'd have the patience to ever do a cheker with that pair though smile.gif

I did the same with one of my rosebuds. The other I bred with a marrow. And I plan to breed them at Halloween. wink.gif

And Goslander, I love your Rainbow confetti! biggrin.gif It's the kind of inspiration I need - would you mind if I did something... well, not quite alike, but similar to yours?

Why on earth would I mind? The world could always use more rainbowy goodness! biggrin.gif

Of course, if you do it you might have to deal with me poking you for an egg . . .

Edited by Goslander

I love that last one as well. (: The range of oranges and browns is very pleasing to the eye. I'm also fond of the 3rd gen Fog. I have a Deep Sea sibling of the poem Fog, but I like that lineage more for the poem than the mixed-ness of the lineage.

Nice rainbows you have there. :o And this third gen I found in one of the huge masses is really pretty too.

This checker is the best thing. Though it looks much nicer on the actual lineage pages than on the preview.

Ooh, that's actually rather nice. I like Red x Electric best myself though. (:

Edited by Saloiq

Due to a glitch during the first hour (roughly) of breeding for Rosebuds, they weren't producing any Rosebuds. Those affected had their "bred on" date shifted to Feb. 7th so they can be bred on Feb. 14th.

Since one of mine was part of that, I can try breeding it again and have decided to see what others think of potential mates.

Royal Blue x Rosebud

Golden Wyvern x Rosebud

Ember x Rosebud

Sunstone x Rosebud

Moonstone x Rosebud

Havest x Rosebud

Any other suggestions? I'm trying to stay away from rares or other holidays. I feel that just because you can, doesn't mean you should breed them. lol

Due to a glitch during the first hour (roughly) of breeding for Rosebuds, they weren't producing any Rosebuds.  Those affected had their "bred on" date shifted to Feb. 7th so they can be bred on Feb. 14th. 

Since one of mine was part of that, I can try breeding it again and have decided to see what others think of potential mates.

Royal Blue x Rosebud

Golden Wyvern x Rosebud

Ember x Rosebud

Sunstone x Rosebud

Moonstone x Rosebud

Havest x Rosebud

Any other suggestions?  I'm trying to stay away from rares or other holidays.  I feel that just because you can, doesn't mean you should breed them.  lol

I'm leaning towards either golden wyvern or moonstone. I haven't breed my rosebud either as I'm also having a hard time deciding. lol

Any other suggestions?  I'm trying to stay away from rares or other holidays.  I feel that just because you can, doesn't mean you should breed them.  lol

I agree completely! I prefer seeing Holidays paired with commons. There are so many stunning possibilities, I'm a little surprised so many people choose to stick with rares and holidays. Maybe that will change once rare x rare loses its novelty . . . after all, this is the first Valentine's during which it was possible to breed rares with Vs.

I love the Ember x Rosebud pairing, it's very striking. I fooled around a bit, and I rather like =y]Pillow x Rosebud, too. I also like them paired with every green dragon imaginable, but you can take that opinion with a grain of salt. There isn't a pink x green lineage I don't like.

Edited by Goslander

Due to a glitch during the first hour (roughly) of breeding for Rosebuds, they weren't producing any Rosebuds. Those affected had their "bred on" date shifted to Feb. 7th so they can be bred on Feb. 14th.

Royal Blue x Rosebud

Golden Wyvern x Rosebud

Ember x Rosebud

Sunstone x Rosebud

Moonstone x Rosebud

Havest x Rosebud

Any other suggestions? I'm trying to stay away from rares or other holidays. I feel that just because you can, doesn't mean you should breed them. lol

I like the rosebutXsunstone but I also found that it looks nice with the Spring as well as the purple nebula

Aquamyrine

Why on earth would I mind? The world could always use more rainbowy goodness! biggrin.gif

Of course, if you do it you might have to deal with me poking you for an egg . . .

Some people are touchy about their ideas. And I prefer asking to being yelled at tongue.gif

Now to make plans as to which kinds of dragons to include *giggles happily*

First sibling to the final eggie will be yours smile.gif

On another note, I haven't bred my Valentines yet, either, and I really like the ideas you guys came up with for Rosebuds. smile.gif

What are you pairing your Sweetlings with? Personally, I like Sweetling x Skywing or Sweetling x Waterhorse, which is kind of the same colors. It's a pity we can only have two of each kind of Valentine dragon, they're such beautiful sprites and I'd love to include them in lineages. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Mamamaus

I rather like the sweetling x light blue pairings. It's why I'm so happy my second gen Sweetling is from a daydream parent <3

Now let's hope that his mate will like him. 20 hours till I can try xd.png"

With Val'09 it's rather pink work, still hoping that "he" will gender correctly...

I imagine them looking pretty with flamingos or whites, as well.

Already did my rosebuds with white because I love me this project of mine <3

Also, on the mixed lineage front, I've bred me this, though I'm thinking about changing the flamingos mate around a bit, so it's pb purple dorsal with maybe horses... or I keep the purples, who knows xd.png

@ amamiya, ohhh, so pretty!

@ animorph, hmm, you're right, there's something about that checker that's appealing to me.

Yey they liked together and produced an egg so I can produce 4th gens! smile.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/3XMll

Now if only my 2nd gens would produce for the poor people who have been waiting weeks for a 3rd gen sad.gif

Thanks to those who have helped me along the way!

Edited by ElayneDragonLover

On another note, I haven't bred my Valentines yet, either, and I really like the ideas you guys came up with for Rosebuds. smile.gif

What are you pairing your Sweetlings with? Personally, I like Sweetling x Skywing or Sweetling x Waterhorse, which is kind of the same colors. It's a pity we can only have two of each kind of Valentine dragon, they're such beautiful sprites and I'd love to include them in lineages. rolleyes.gif

Oh yes, Skywings look good with everything. 8D Waterhorses have a different kind of shiny feel about them so I don't think they look as good with stuff.

@ytak - Of those mates you have, I'd say I like Ember best as well. (: Straying from the brown now, I also really like Tan Ridgewing x Rosebud.

Edited by Saloiq

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NHK2l

Yay for Valentine's dragon. I also have a 2nd-gen Valentine's dragon from winter. Hmm... ooh, lineage idea.

user posted image

Yes, no, with changes? Disregard all the repeated names, the only accurate lineages/names in there are the two second-gen Valentines and their parents.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

They said it couldn't be done... oh wait, I think they said *shouldn't*. Anyway, here's the first 6th gen Ghastlycrumb Pygmy egg.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/aZF8e

Edit: apparently I can't read my own breeding charts because that's actually the *second* 6th gen, and will be a mate for this:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/dqIQQ

Those are so epicly hilarious xd.png Am I the only one who would love a 7th gen child from those two?