Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

I never knew how much I actually missed this thread. biggrin.gif

All those pretty lineages! Congratulations to all of you!

For me, it's kind of "Completed Project week" laugh.gif

I finished my Yeats poem rainbow some days ago, and now there are two more to be shown off:

1 - Schandmaul lyrics (pb Storm)

2 - Subway To Sally lyrics (pb Winter)

Well, they're just purebreds, no elaborate patterns or color schemes, but I'm still proud. wink.gif

Thank you!  It's a quote from a Doctor Who episode, one of my favourites.  smile.gif  And they alted frustratingly frequently.  tongue.gif  At one point I thought I'd never make any progress, but I changed tactics and finally started making some headway.  Oh Nebulas!  You are so pretty and yet so frustrating!  rolleyes.gif

Congrats Amazon! Now... tell me your secretz!! laugh.gif Is it a special vibe? Or powder? Maybe a dance? I could use some not alting Nebulas too. :3

I've a finished project too. PB 6th Gen Red! If anyone is in need of PB Reds just PM me. :3

I've finished my CB collection of Royal Blues and Shimmers for now. Though, those Shimmers remind me of Nebulas when they first were released... what a pain to catch those. >_<'' And I still can't think of a nice mate for them. Might go with Blacks later on when the ratios are a bit better.

Also, what do you think of this pairing? Not sure if anyone has posted it here already. There were so many ^^;

*Edit* Got a mate for the 2nd Gen Royal Blue and made a ND-lineage view out of the link. :3 */Edit*

Edited by Souly

Also, what do you think of this pairing? Not sure if anyone has posted it here already. There were so many ^^;

This is even prettier than I'd imagined. This was the first combination that came to mind when I saw the RB adult sprites and man, it's beautiful. If I wasn't already slaving away on the dark blue x sunsong combination with my thunder x sunsong lineage, I'd be all over this. I hope you take it further! And if I am unable to resist playing with it a little (which is likely), maybe we can swap eggs in the future.

And on the note of Nebulas, how do you guys get any alts at all? I would kill for alts. My Green Neb x Vine lineage is going nowhere because everything goes purple. The last CB I got turned purple about four or five times as I kept re-trading it for a CB egg until someone took pity on me and finally gave me a green hatchling. Nebs are such a pain.

I'm not usually all that fond of checkers but this just might change my mind--

I was surprised to get black but I'm not going to complain!

@ nervenklinik- I agree wholeheartedly with double the pain-- two projects one needs regular, one needs alts and usually I get the opposite! The issue is that you have to wait until they gender to find out

Edited by dragonpuck

This is even prettier than I'd imagined. This was the first combination that came to mind when I saw the RB adult sprites and man, it's beautiful. If I wasn't already slaving away on the dark blue x sunsong combination with my thunder x sunsong lineage, I'd be all over this. I hope you take it further! And if I am unable to resist playing with it a little (which is likely), maybe we can swap eggs in the future.

And on the note of Nebulas, how do you guys get any alts at all? I would kill for alts. My Green Neb x Vine lineage is going nowhere because everything goes purple. The last CB I got turned purple about four or five times as I kept re-trading it for a CB egg until someone took pity on me and finally gave me a green hatchling. Nebs are such a pain.

Thank you^^ I've plans for a fourth Gen like this and one with male Sunsongs too. :3 Everything involving easy to breed dragons is like a side project while I wait for the tricky breeders to cooperate. I really like your Sunsong x Thunder but I always imagine what pain it is to breed a Thunder from them. I'm still struggling with WhitexIce xd.png

Well, getting alts is pretty easy compared to getting regulars on my scroll somehow. Also lately I've more the problem to get any Nebulas at all out of my pairs. >_>

Thank you^^ I've plans for a fourth Gen like this and one with male Sunsongs too. :3 Everything involving easy to breed dragons is like a side project while I wait for the tricky breeders to cooperate. I really like your Sunsong x Thunder but I always imagine what pain it is to breed a Thunder from them. I'm still struggling with WhitexIce xd.png

Well, getting alts is pretty easy compared to getting regulars on my scroll somehow. Also lately I've more the problem to get any Nebulas at all out of my pairs. >_>

I hear you. It has been hell getting thunders out of my pairs, but in this last week I've got not one, but all three remaining 2nd gen thunders I needed, two from my own dragons and one from a kind donor. So *knocks on wood* maybe my luck is changing? Though more than likely I'll now have to wait another eternity for the 3rd gens.

The problem I've been having is picking up too many "easy" side-projects that inadvertently become long, difficult projects. I started one with Fogs and Nocturnes just to pass the time between difficult nebs, stripes and thunders, and then somehow pinks got incorporated and I have not been able to find the last two CBs I need, or breed the 2nd gens. rolleyes.gif

I'm going to try the RBs with the GWs first, and then when that doesn't work out, I'll be onto RB x Sunsong.

Tell me about it! I need these guys to stop alting on me to continue the lineage. Grr.

I hear you. It has been hell getting thunders out of my pairs, but in this last week I've got not one, but all three remaining 2nd gen thunders I needed, two from my own dragons and one from a kind donor. So *knocks on wood* maybe my luck is changing? Though more than likely I'll now have to wait another eternity for the 3rd gens.

The problem I've been having is picking up too many "easy" side-projects that inadvertently become long, difficult projects. I started one with Fogs and Nocturnes just to pass the time between difficult nebs, stripes and thunders, and then somehow pinks got incorporated and I have not been able to find the last two CBs I need, or breed the 2nd gens. rolleyes.gif

I'm going to try the RBs with the GWs first, and then when that doesn't work out, I'll be onto RB x Sunsong.

Oh, yes Trios seem to be a tad bit more cooperating lately! *knocks on wood too* I've managed to breed two Thunders and a Black for my ThunderxBlack line in one go and I even got a Thunder from a BBW. Even though BBWs are breeding like rabbits on my scroll.... so I hear you about the "easy" side-projects too. I've this SunsongxBBW pair I need a Sunsong from.. so far I got nine BBWs and a couple of no eggs. >_> They're only outdone by this pairing. Though I have to admit that this borders on masochism even though it's possible to get a Black from this kind of pairing.... somehow... sometime...

That's a beautiful combination, Souly! I haven't been around regularly for a while and kind of forgot how much fun visiting this thread can be, to see what everyone is coming up with. smile.gif

A couple of weeks ago, I finally finished my 7th gen holiday mixed lineage project with this sunsong. (I'm actually redoing the whites because the chaotic arrangement of the snow angels compared to the nice, neat pattern of the other holidays is more displeasing than I thought it would be--but I still consider this "done" in rough draft form.)

I got A LOT of help with this from the Even Gen thread, so if you see your dragons in there and would like a sibling to the final or any earlier gen I can breed (dragons with the Mi' prefix are on my scroll), please PM me. Or feel free to PM me even if you didn't contribute!

Tentative idea is to go to 8th gen with 4 more holiday combos: winter magi x golden wyvern, shadow walker x royal blue, ?? x ??, and ?? x ??. dry.gif I'm hoping this year's valentine dragon will look nice with tan ridgewings, and then I'm not sure. Maybe harvest x ribbon dancer? I'm very open to suggestions and ideas!

Ooh, pretty! Both those dragons are such stunning breeds, they look amazing together. And I love seeing pairings that aren't monochromatic! smile.gif

And sheesh, don't get me started on Nebulas. I'm working on a lineage involving Flamingos and green Nebs, and I get so excited the few times I get a Nebula egg out of that pairing that it is simply heartbreaking to find they've turned purple yet again.

I wanted to post here again in case anyone was interested in any of my lines in my profile and wanted to PM me about breeding for them. I also lost a few lists a while back, so if you think you've asked me for an egg before, please let me know. I hate knowing I haven't fulfilled a promise while having no idea what the promise was!

They're only outdone by this pairing.

Oh man, that is rough! I had a similar experience with a white stripe x albino pair that just would not produce stripes, ever. So I gave up and used a Shadow Walker instead, they gave me an egg the first time. And then I had that problem with one of my Nocturne x Fog pairs for previously mentioned side project failing to give me Nocturnes. Then FINALLY they gave me a Nocturne, and I find out a few days later that I must've been locked when I bred it because it was not on my scroll and I found it dying on someone else's. They haven't given me another Nocturne since, maybe they blame me for killing that last offspring. dry.gif

And sheesh, don't get me started on Nebulas. I'm working on a lineage involving Flamingos and green Nebs, and I get so excited the few times I get a Nebula egg out of that pairing that it is simply heartbreaking to find they've turned purple yet again.

Commiserations, my green-needing friend. I swear, if I see one more purple Nebula hatchling in my lifetime, it will be too soon.

Edited by Nervenklinik

user posted image

Seeking a pink checkerboard mate for her, there's no proper mate for the past 10 months

Thank you! It's a quote from a Doctor Who episode, one of my favourites. smile.gif And they alted frustratingly frequently. tongue.gif At one point I thought I'd never make any progress, but I changed tactics and finally started making some headway. Oh Nebulas! You are so pretty and yet so frustrating! rolleyes.gif

Are you by chance filling me in in your tactics? xd.png I have a lineage going with female red Nebulas x male Fogs.

That lineage is so gorgeous. ^^

Oh, sh** I just realized I'm cutting very close to getting mates for my Vals.

Can anyone help me with these?

Sweet Darling Thanks Sunfeathers!

Toux Valentina Thanks JaneMcAsh!

I'd like to keep the patterns if possible. Willing to IOU anything you want and I can do smile.gif

Edited by Lolchen

@ Goslander and Nervenklinik- I wish I had your luck with the non-alts! My Lunar Eclipse project is on hold until my dragons decide to cooperate. Mine keep alting when I don't want them to! Maybe we should trade eggs and raise them until they gender to see if the colors do what we want. rolleyes.gif

Ooh, pretty! Both those dragons are such stunning breeds, they look amazing together. And I love seeing pairings that aren't monochromatic! smile.gif

So true!! And they're less frustrating then blue Nebula x Sunsong xd.png

Oh man, that is rough! I had a similar experience with a white stripe x albino pair that just would not produce stripes, ever. So I gave up and used a Shadow Walker instead, they gave me an egg the first time. And then I had that problem with one of my Nocturne x Fog pairs for previously mentioned side project failing to give me Nocturnes. Then FINALLY they gave me a Nocturne, and I find out a few days later that I must've been locked when I bred it because it was not on my scroll and I found it dying on someone else's. They haven't given me another Nocturne since, maybe they blame me for killing that last offspring.  dry.gif

Commiserations, my green-needing friend. I swear, if I see one more purple Nebula hatchling in my lifetime, it will be too soon.

Lawl... and guess what... I tried breeding them today and I got a Black!! xd.png Complaining does indeed help. Now I'm crossing my fingers that she'll like her future mate smile.gif

Oh, I know pairs like this! One of my Golds is mad at me cause I traded away her first offspring. Now she refuses to give me more shinys. :/

They gave me no eggs, but they are compatible! I don't think I can get closer to her ideal mate so I'll leave it like this. :3

Edit: The royal blue x sonsong looks amazing. Definitely much better than the golden wyvern x sunsong I tried. I thought it'd look interesting, but it turned out weird. dry.gif

Edited by Orlageddon

They gave me no eggs, but they are compatible! I don't think I can get closer to her ideal mate so I'll leave it like this. :3

Edit: The royal blue x sonsong looks amazing. Definitely much better than the golden wyvern x sunsong I tried. I thought it'd look interesting, but it turned out weird. dry.gif

Not sure which of the two you were trying to find closer mate for, but I can try to breed a neb egg that would be a sibling to http://dragcave.net/lineage/6eM9s

@ Goslander and Nervenklinik- I wish I had your luck with the non-alts!  My Lunar Eclipse project is on hold until my dragons decide to cooperate.  Mine keep alting when I don't want them to!  Maybe we should trade eggs and raise them until they gender to see if the colors do what we want.  rolleyes.gif

I was actually contemplating this, if I had someone to trade with, just to see if it's some scroll thing or if they really are psychic.

Also...

If you have a list for these two, I would love to be on it. I need a mate for one of my 3rd gen PB reds to make it to 5th. smile.gif

So true!! And they're less frustrating then blue Nebula x Sunsong xd.png

Lawl... and guess what... I tried breeding them today and I got a Black!! xd.png Complaining does indeed help. Now I'm crossing my fingers that she'll like her future mate smile.gif

And congratulations on the Black! Complaining helped me too, another Nocturne x Fog pair just gave me the right egg, fog after too many nocturnes I don't need.

I was actually contemplating this, if I had someone to trade with, just to see if it's some scroll thing or if they really are psychic.

Also...

If you have a list for these two, I would love to be on it. I need a mate for one of my 3rd gen PB reds to make it to 5th. smile.gif

And congratulations on the Black! Complaining helped me too, another Nocturne x Fog pair just gave me the right egg, fog after too many nocturnes I don't need.

Nervenklinik- Haha well you found yourself a trade partner. We can do our own type of experiment here. lol

And I will gladly give you the next egg they produce. smile.gif I don't think I'm going to open an official list for this pairing...just breed them every week and offer them.

*ETA* Posted some freshly freed up lists HERE biggrin.gif

Edited by sheppardkid