Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

I'm still looking for some mates to breed EG checkers with, so if anyone can breed Gen3 Sweetlings from Hellfire or White checkers please let me know!

Also, I think this Christmas pairing looks pretty good. I was going to plan mates for each of them but I like the way the Yulebuck lineage almost mirrors the Ribbon. I might end up breeding them together for Christmas, but giving them different mates out of season... Thoughts?

Can't help with the Sweetings (mine are CB and spoken for), but the Christmas lineage you have there is really cool! I wonder if you could find Pinks from Sweetling/old Pink checkers as mates out of season? (It's late and I'm having trouble visualising stuff!)

Can't help with the Sweetings (mine are CB and spoken for), but the Christmas lineage you have there is really cool!  I wonder if you could find Pinks from Sweetling/old Pink checkers as mates out of season?  (It's late and I'm having trouble visualising stuff!)

I've got this Pink that I was considering using, if I got him a Pink mate. I've also got this Gen3 Pink from Frills X Bright Pinks that I can breed siblings to. I thought it might help pull in the green, especially with the Ribbon Dancer if I bred a male. But I'm not sure how I feel about it after all.

I've got this Pink that I was considering using, if I got him a Pink mate. I've also got this Gen3 Pink from Frills X Bright Pinks that I can breed siblings to. I thought it might help pull in the green, especially with the Ribbon Dancer if I bred a male. But I'm not sure how I feel about it after all.

Mmmm, I see what you mean. You could do a pseudo-mirror with Vines to reflect the Ribbondancers, perhaps? And likewise maybe Stripes for the Yules? *thoughtful*

Well, it doesn't have greenness but I could breed a sibling to this if you are looking for options.

Actually, it being Valentines and all you could possibly have a sweetling instead if that suits.

Edited by Sinsdaemn

Vines might be a good idea; I should make a mock-up of a lineage like that and see what it looks like. The Yulebuck might be harder to match.

@Sinsdaemn: I always want to say yes to Sweetlings, but I'm looking for something I can breed with year-round so another holiday won't really work. A Pink from your pair might be nice, though...

Additionally, since I'm not having any luck looking for the Gen3 checkers and I really need those lineages, I'll cut it down to Gen2 Sweetlings from Hellfire and White. It'll take longer for me to finish the lineage, but something is better than nothing!

Can somebody breed

a 3rd gen like this user posted image

to be her mate? user posted image

I could do it next year, but I'd like to get her a matching mirror mate for this year's christmas.

Could be with red dorsal, black, marrow, too-just needs to be an unbroken heartseeker x red/black mate and a 2nd gen Sunstone from the same breed...

and: Weee!!!!!

My luckiest catch:

user posted image

Can someone here breed me a mate?

Edited by Sirikith

I've got him and her from the AP, and they just refused each other wacko.gif

if anybody can breed me other mates for them, I'd appreciate that

@FortyTwo

Wow, the possibilities! I agree with ytak that pair matching the shimmerscale and tinsel with the same/simmilar mates would look wonderful as 3rd gens, but it may look a little messier than natli's suggestion of dividing them into pize-type sections in the long run. I personally like the idea of the prize-type organization, but it would be much harder to build up. (my humble opinion would be to make both someday wub.gif )

As for deciding the overall order for either lineage, it would indeed be very hard to make a rainbow pattern when you are constantly getting more 2nd gens you want to incorporate, but it may be easier to have a repeating rainbow of say 8 or 16 colors. That way, you can constantly add onto the lineages, but maintain some sort of pattern.

I can't wait to see the offspring!

Wow, I'll definitely have a hard time getting mates for all my valentine catches.

The good news-It's all Heartseekers.

Bad news:

I need:

1x user posted image 2nd gen from Heartseeker. The other 2nd gen already has a mate, and there's two 3rd gens waiting

2 x user posted image

2nd and 3rd gen checker from HS

aand:

4 x user posted image 2nd gen from Gold Wing x Heartseeker, though I'm currently trying to trade two of my 4 2nd gen HS for a 2nd gen Gold from GW SA, that's the other checker I'm doing with my angels.

That has to wait almost a year, though.

Amazon_Warrior: Since you do Snow Angel x Gold, too-interested in a Bloodswap? Wanna join me with the HS checker, too?

and, the hardest thing will definitely be finding either a 2nd gen Black from CB Alt x Heartseeker or a 2nd gen Alt black from regular x HS, male Holly or Royal Crimson as mate for the pretty in my sig....

@ 42: I definitely like the Prize x Blusang-combos

Edited by Sirikith

Fortytwo, could you please do a prize x Blusang even gen? I've got http://dragcave.net/lineage/q3YSc and http://dragcave.net/lineage/SetWr on stew, another one coming from Silver Shimmer soon and all my requested prizes are from Blusang. We might have enough prizes to do a decently sized pure blusang x prize even gen.

Edited by DarkEternity

Yes, please.

On the higher gens, I could help with A 5th gen shimmer

Its not pure prize x Blusang, but a 4 breed blue/Silver-checker, but might look pretty anyway.

Sadly, my prize lines are all 3rd -5th gen-but I'm definitely in for even gen prize breeding and swaps.

Hey guys!

So it's finally time I've decided to work on mate-matching my 2G Tinsels and Shimmers together. I think this could be quite an interesting project.

My problem is, I don't really know who to breed who to. Any suggestions? These are what I have: http://fortytwo.net84.net/dc.php?gen=2

I have some more 2nd gens arriving soon, as well. So I'm open to mate suggestions that would work with this project.

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

FortyTwo

Do you own 2nd Gen Prizefails that you could do checkers with? I do like Ytak's suggestions and Natli has a point with the combining the Golds with Golds and so on..

I even think owners of other 2nd gens would love to contribute to a project like you have in mind.

You should see how many different CB Shimmers/Tinsels you could cram into an even gen without inbreeding.

Anyone else feel like they are coming up for air after hunting the AP for holidays with excellent/useful lineages?

I admit that I haven't found as many 2nd gens as I hope. Some I'm hoping to trade (like for a 2nd gen val from CB guardian X 09 valentine) and others I've decided I'm keeping (some, admitted not even gen, but still interesting). I admit I've tossed some nice 3rd gens back because they would alt on my scroll and ruin the look of the lineage. xd.png

I'm having to guard my eggs. They keep getting sick. Haven't lost any yet but I'm putting up with the challenge of looking them up on my phone at work to make sure I don't lose any over the course of the day. And fogging them at night. >.> Must be the holiday factor because I'm treating then as I always do.

In the midst of the valentine's madness I've been able to make some headway with my skywing lineage with number 7 of 8 of my needed 6th gens, and number 8 is only one breeding away! I can't believe how close I am to finally finishing this project. Now, I need to catch up and actually find good names for gens 1-5...

As for valentine's eggs, I've been pretty lucky catching 2nd gens for all of them except 09's which makes sense since they're the oldest breed. If anyone has a lineage that needs either of these arsanis or these rosebuds in exchange for a 2nd gen '09 (though not necessary) just let me know. I do want to keep the one that isn't chosen in each pair though.

I'll be desperately seeking:

2nd gen user posted image from male holly, heartseeker or maybe royal crimson

(or, a 2nd gen from HM CB Alt Black, but that would be a miracle)

and/or

user posted image from Heartseeker, male Holly, male Crimson

for alt lotto, because as mates I'd basically need either

user posted image

user posted image

If anybody here would be willing to help me out, please pn, would gladly breed/catch, incubate/influence and hatch eggs for your recompensation.

I know something I'm asking for is rare (Black/Nebula from holly) but I have to try anyway-that Heartseeker in my sig needs a worthy mate...

Also, help on finding CB Holly owners (to see if they take breed requests) or HM Winners who could contribute to that lineage project would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to pester anybody, but maybe some of them would be interested in even gen breeding

Edited by Sirikith

Fortytwo, could you please do a prize x Blusang even gen? I've got http://dragcave.net/lineage/q3YSc and http://dragcave.net/lineage/SetWr on stew, another one coming from Silver Shimmer soon and all my requested prizes are from Blusang. We might have enough prizes to do a decently sized pure blusang x prize even gen.

I guess I could do that. PM me?

@FortyTwo

Wow, the possibilities!  I agree with ytak that pair matching the shimmerscale and tinsel with the same/simmilar mates would look wonderful as 3rd gens, but it may look a little messier than natli's suggestion of dividing them into pize-type sections in the long run. I personally like the idea of the prize-type organization, but it would be much harder to build up. (my humble opinion would be to make both someday wub.gif )

As for deciding the overall order for either lineage, it would indeed be very hard to make a rainbow pattern when you are constantly getting more 2nd gens you want to incorporate, but it may be easier to have a repeating rainbow of say 8 or 16 colors.  That way, you can constantly add onto the lineages, but maintain some sort of pattern.

I can't wait to see the offspring!

Ack. So many options. x.x

Preferably, yeah, I'd choose a way that would be maintainable long-term. Decisions...

A repeating rainbow sounds good, and probably doable.

Guys, if anyone has a CB Val 09 they haven't bred yet, I really need a 2G from Summer. Then I'll have a 2G Val 09 from each seasonal and can make 3G mini checkers and combine them into an awesome lineage~

Edit: Shamiir I love you platonically.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph