Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

If anyone can breed me either an albino or a balloon from CB male albino x CB female balloon I would be most happy. Pretty please with sugar and spice.

Thanks purplehaze. Off to influence.

Edited by ainisarie

Whew, made it to 5th gen on this one with waterwalkers & marrows, (& alt sweetlings in first gen).

ETA: You're welcome! biggrin.gif

Edited by munificent

Whew, made it to 5th gen on this one with waterwalkers & marrows, (& alt sweetlings in first gen).

Aww, that's beautiful (and sweetlingsssssss). Sadly I'm locked anyway so I wouldn't have been able to take it even if I had been here before Amazon. laugh.gif

I don't post here quite so much because I don't breed many things interesting enough to share, but I do have one thing I'm really excited for at the moment. I recently bred this White with holidays and spriter alts in the first generation, and I plan to use him in this beautiful pairing. I know I've said this before, but my favorite lineages are EGs that are purebred except for holidays in the CB gen. xd.png

Alright, this is getting ridiculous -- apparently RCs are as bad as Bleeding Moons and Serragammas! http://dragcave.net/progeny/vOQQs

Oh wow, that is crazy! O.o

Have you thought about changing mates? I've had that happen with my Pillows x Nebulas, so I would switch out the Pillows hoping more Nebulas would show up. It often helped.

Edited by whitestar

Oh wow, that is crazy! O.o

Have you thought about changing mates? I've had that happen with my Pillows x Nebulas, so I would switch out the Pillows hoping more Nebulas would show up. It often helped.

Actually, I tried last week to rebreed to replace one or both parents but the dragons wouldn't give me eggs! laugh.gif They're turning against me.

Alright, this is getting ridiculous -- apparently RCs are as bad as Bleeding Moons and Serragammas! http://dragcave.net/progeny/vOQQs

Oh, yes. Here are breeding results from my RC-moonstone checker (sorry, there is a lot of them, but this is ridiculous):

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15... and finally: yeah!

Because of nice people who helped me with 2nd gens I was able to get this guy but am still working on his future mate ;/

@purplehaze & irercha:

Oh dear, that is ridiculous indeed ! blink.gif

And it makes me expect even worse from my venture into this lineage... Although I seem to have been very lucky to have gotten two 2nd gen Royal Blues at all...

Breedings for second generation:

Pair 1, Pair 2, Pair 3, Pair 4, Pair 5

And for third gen so far (now questing for a Royal Blue from either pair):

Pair A and Pair B

It's time for the next breeding in a few hours - perhaps I get very, very lucky... rolleyes.gif

And irercha - how could you show this beautiful RC/Moonstone ?! It looks so great, now I want to do one myself. And as you have proven, that is a really bad idea. wink.gif

@ElayneDragonLover:

I'm very impressed by your perseverance. And very, very sorry for the outcome so far... I've had a stubborn pair or two, but those of yours beat them all by far !

@Amazon_warrior:

Yep, that's Nebulae for you. These two take the pranking to a new level, though...

At least I could finish another project - while playing Dragon Bingo I realised that I hadn't done anything with Drakes. So I changed that:

Lantea's Glory of Drakes

Another one is still in the making.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

And I can't get a Crimson to save my life! All I get is Blacktips wink.gif

But where I'm pairing Seragammas and BT's, I only get Seragammas.

I guess it's not the dragon but the mate that's the problem. Not the RC's or the BT's, but it's all relative to whatever they're being mated to.

And just when I figure it all out, it'll change.

Love that Drake lineage! I have a friend who has been collecting Drakes, without having any idea what she's going to do with them. I'll have to send her here to take a look.

At least I could finish another project - while playing Dragon Bingo I realised that I hadn't done anything with Drakes. So I changed that:

Lantea's Glory of Drakes

Another one is still in the making.

laugh.gif Dragon Bingo can be a great motivator. I am also working on a drake lineage, but I haven't gotten it far enough along to show off, yet. It is planned to go to gen 5, but all I have so far are three gen 2s and none of them are mates. I have been plagued by no egg breedings!

@daba555:

I'm sure your theory is sound. It just doesn't make the fact that the ratio between certain breeds is so very onesided less irksome. (I guess you aren't thrilled about your tons of Blacktips in place of one Crimson, either. wink.gif ) If it was scroll-based it'd be bad enough, but as it is you can't even trade the eggs you need, because everyone gets the same breed.

And yes, Royal Blues seem to be quite exquisite. rolleyes.gif Just bred my two RB/RC pairs - and got two Royal Crimsons. Again. And these two took pity of me - by not producing another Imperial egg. So it has been no egg at all for the last two weeks. Yey.

To include more than just "whining" - I need lots of purple vibes for this little egg, so it can be a mate to her and they can complete my favourite little passage from Les Miserables. (Best scene of the whole movie, for me.)

Edit:

@purplehaze:

Yes, the bingo gives some great ideas ! And I had some "no egg" tries in my second Drake project, too. Oddly enough, it is harder to get Ochres than Glories for me...

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

@daba555:

I'm sure your theory is sound. It just doesn't make the fact that the ratio between certain breeds is so very onesided less irksome. (I guess you aren't thrilled about your tons of Blacktips in place of one Crimson, either. wink.gif )

Oh, I didn't mean for my theory to lighten the load. I just like to know why things happen. I am often left hanging, tho.

Yeah, I am pretty disgusted with the results today. I don't think it was this hard before Thanksgiving. Seems like every time there's a holiday or a release, things change. Might be after Valentine's Day we can't get BT's at all wink.gif Who knows!

I have noticed on my scroll that when I influence my Nebulas, they almost always don't alt. When I leave them alone, they end up red or green.

Problem is, leaving them alone doesn't work when I need a male or female alt, because they invariably then gender wrong sad.gif

So I end up with a fair number of red and green CB's, but can't breed and end up with them. Hah.

oddsoxdi, you have my sympathy!

(edited for bad typing)

Edited by daba555

@purplehaze & irercha:

Oh dear, that is ridiculous indeed ! blink.gif

And it makes me expect even worse from my venture into this lineage... Although I seem to have been very lucky to have gotten two 2nd gen Royal Blues at all...

Breedings for second generation:

Pair 1, Pair 2, Pair 3, Pair 4, Pair 5

And for third gen so far (now questing for a Royal Blue from either pair):

Pair A and Pair B

It's time for the next breeding in a few hours - perhaps I get very, very lucky... rolleyes.gif

And irercha - how could you show this beautiful RC/Moonstone ?! It looks so great, now I want to do one myself. And as you have proven, that is a really bad idea. wink.gif

Go ahead, maybe you'll be more lucky wink.gif And it is a good idea as long as you like RCs (I do, I really do, they have awesome sprites, but... why are they so stubborn?) tongue.gif

Btw: if anyone want I can try breeding royal blues from some of my CB crimsons I don't use atm. Just shoot me a pm.

Edited by irercha

wow nebies are just being mean lately.

yeah. maybe i will wait for a bit to try to get a mate for my other cave lurker. it is supposed to be purple and i think it has turned green twice. lol

thanks goodness none of the wrapping wing second gens i caught are with a nebula.

Well while we're complaining about nebulas, how about:

http://dragcave.net/progeny/YqWXQ

http://dragcave.net/progeny/YylWU

[screaming internally]

I need white stripes!

And you just know when I get them they'll refuse or something.

All those lovely blacks! I'm trying to breed blacks and get almost every other color.

Do you need whites stripes from other people? I can try mine if you'd like.

Well, I can't complain right now about miscoloured Nebs. Just one generation more and I'm done with it.

I am already searching for a nice blue Nebula pairing, though... rolleyes.gif

@kleptomaniac: That's the reason why I don't even start with PB Stripes, they are just too stubborn.

Woo, patient stalking of the Alpine has paid off! Be red, please!

Now watch the little sod turn blue...

ETA: Thank you purplehaze and velvet_paw! smile.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior