Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

Does anyone know of a lineage planner on any of the fan sites? I want to start a new EG lineage this year, but something more complicated than a checker. I want to do one of those pretty mirrored lineages with several different breeds... anyhow, I want to sort of see it first before I pick the breeds for sure... so, is there anything like that out there already? Like a drag and drop grid with dragon sprites? *dreaming*

Otherwise, looks like I'll be playing in MS Paint for awhile  xd.png

Dunno about online planners, but what I do is create a table in Word, merge the appropriate cells to make the lineage outline I want, then add the sprites I want from from the ones saved on my HDD. I can have far too much fun messing about like that. xd.png

@Kurei Chitsu: Sure! He's gendered right, so let's hope he likes his mate.

@Shamiir: That's brilliant! xd.png And so very painfully true... *scowls at dragons*

So why wouldn't you give it to somebody who made a "silly" offer instead of abandoning? They might have been offering something that was worth a lot to them... I would have offered, if I had seen it. Aren't trades the only way for people with slower Internet to get such an egg/hatchling? Sorry, but I think it's a pity. I know so many people who were offering anything they had just to get at a Holly... They can't catch CB Metals either for trade. Neither can I, by the way.

Anyway, I have a Holly of a higher Gen than yours, but with the same ancestors. This is what the lineage will look like after you got all the mates:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/WHuXg (the one egg that I could gift)

...and I could spin that round and point out that, as someone who is currently backpacking and has no guarantee of *any* internet connection, slow or otherwise (I'm currently in Australia and it is *worse* for wifi access than many of the developing countries I've visited), it's not unreasonable for me to try and use the bit of luck I had (catching a Holly with a nice lineage) to improve my scroll. *shrug* Ultimately it was the sheer difficulty of getting online over Christmas that stopped me from choosing a trade - I couldn't be around to check offers before people got saw something better and cancelled them, so I gave up and kept it. I'm still astonished that I managed to wrangle five minutes on the utterly absurd connection my uncle uses to pick up a couple of Wrapping-Wings *and* that it was fast enough for me to catch them at all.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Re Lineage planner..

Ummm, gee... I had a drag and drop lineage planner up on the net years ago lol

But it would be out of date re releases anyway, even if i could find it.

It seemed rather redundant once ND and the other sites brought out the linked ones.

Do you think you could code one again? because while the linked ones are nice, when you're trying to do a long project plan out the other ways get annoying (to me any way)

Please? (puppy eyes)

I fixed one of my recent refusals and they gave me a perfect pair!

I really need to be doing less projects, but if the old ones weren't always causing problems I wouldn't pick up new ones. And then the new ones stall too so I pick up even more. It's a vicious cycle, but hey, more pretty dragons. rolleyes.gif

She gendered right! Now she just needs to like the perfect Electric mate that I have waiting for her~

PURPLE! And if *she* likes him, I'll have the first 5th gen for this lineage. biggrin.gif I'm still desperately hoping for a release with more red and orange dragons, though, because my chances of getting hold of 2nd gen Tinsel-fails from Bronzes are zilch and I'd still like an alternative to red Dorsals because I don't really want any breed repeated in a different colour block...

I decided to try one of my new x-mas dragons with a gold-horned tangar and I think it came out better than I was expecting it to. Opinions?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/sDkfF

(Edit: I still think they'd look amazing with a stripe, but I have no CB to try it with so someone else will have to be that brave soul!)

I'll try the strip & Christmas dragon once all my eggs hatch.

Disaster! After being stuck forever on the 2nd gen I'm finally making progress with the very last part of a project and I go and breed this baby while I'm egg-locked. This is the last 4th gen I need. I know I can just breed again but I'm so mad at myself, been waiting forever for this. sad.gif

I bred about 20 even 5th Gens for the AP and none of them have appeared for 2 hours or so... I think you have a chance to find your Grey, if you spend a lot of time at your computer...

I bred about 20 even 5th Gens for the AP and none of them have appeared for 2 hours or so... I think you have a chance to find your Grey, if you spend a lot of time at your computer...

It may take a long while. I sent eggs to the ap early this morning (12 hours ago) and I think they have YET to be picked up.

Edited by Daydreamer09

I was wondering what the delay time might be so thanks for the info, lilysally and Daydreamer09. I will keep checking over the next few hours and see if she crops up. Fingers crossed. I'm so close to finishing this project, she was meant to be bred to him to make a mate for him and then I'd be done (it looks much better at night-time with the Nocturnes all blue).

Edited by Nervenklinik

ok, my first ones appeared now, about 2,5 hours and as yours is a grey, you stand a better chance to find it

A wonderful person found it and returned it to me, so full steam ahead! After all this, I bet they refuse. But knock on wood that they don't.

Edited by Nervenklinik

!

Are you interested in taking lists/requests for siblings of that one? One of that line would make for an amazing mate for this one of mine: http://dragcave.net/lineage/gW4NF

Of course! biggrin.gif They'll certainly make a pretty pair.

May I have dibs on one of their offspring?

<3 <3 <3 So happy that this lineage is complete - the Seasonal drought kicked in right before I bred the very last Winter I needed. Once I've bred a sibling for the person who requested one, I'll be trying to breed myself a Winter baby too, then I'll truly consider this complete. smile.gif

<3 <3 <3 So happy that this lineage is complete - the Seasonal drought kicked in right before I bred the very last Winter I needed.  Once I've bred a sibling for the person who requested one, I'll be trying to breed myself a Winter baby too, then I'll truly consider this complete.  smile.gif

That is a beautiful lineage, congrats.

And good luck happymom with the nebula smile.gif

I was so surprised that I actually got this one to turn RED considering the amount of sunsets i had to go through to get to this point int he lineage. I'm also finished the moonstone project and I'm close to finishing the sunrise one. The terrae lineage is still a little behind since my goal is to have a nebula and the other breed from each project.

Pretty much finished but I still need to get a nebula sibling to this

working on breeding a 3rd gen neb to go with this one

Aquamryine

Edited by aqua17

THE ROOLES OF EVEN GEN BREEDING

#1 - Increased risk of refusal

It is the law of dragonhood that the carefully planned multi gen lineage must contain an equal amount of spanners in the works.

#2 - Having only 1 possible mate on your scroll VASTLY increases the risk of refusal

The longer it takes to breed/find said mate or the more expensive the trade for it, increases the risk of refusal exponentially up to 100%

#3.1 - Where breed type is involved, the dragons will sit smugly whilst dropping the wrong breed.

#3.2 - Where egg color is needed, the dragons will perch giggling whilst they drop the wrong color.

#3.3 - When coloring at gendering, all hatchlings will be required to turn the wrong color and perch giggling.

#4 - If the dragon breeder castes their eyes away from the eggs at any time, they will gender incorrectly - including with any combination of factors from #3.

sad.gifdry.gifunsure.gifmad.gif

this is so sadly true (I actually have a spot on my scroll called frozen nebula land where miscoloured nebulas live as hatches forever xd.png

aquamyrine

Finally got a new dragon from my Echo line. Now for the hard part--alt vibes!

Still having trouble with my Hurricane and Roseate Corazon lineages--refusals are getting so bad I finally just gave up and am in the process of replacing one of my CBs who just will not take a mate. The other one finally took, but now I can't get the right breed, naturally.

I am really excited about my new project though. I'm calling it Frille Redux, and it's basically a checker of tangars and magi, but the 2nd gens all come from frilled fathers. So far I have 5 of the 2nd gens I need thanks to friends, with 2 more possibly on the way. I thought I would have a ton of trouble with it, particularly since I have no CB frills of my own, but it's coming along very quickly right now.