Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

Oh, and 4th gen Terrae x Waterhorse. Definite fan of this pairing.

I love how the Terraes really bring out the green highlights in the Waterhorses. Think you're making me a fan, too.

So I was looking to start a project with female pinks because I need more of them on my scroll, what do we think of Tsunami x Pink? And would anyone mind having a go at breeding her a Tsunami mate? I only have one of each gender CBs. Thank you!

Edited by Nervenklinik

I also took a chance (and advantage of the high-speed internet in a cafe), abandoned my stair-step Holly and caught this. I was trying to trade it because I already have a lower-gen Thuwed Holly, but I kept getting silly offers so I'm keeping it for now and I'll be breeding it a suitable mate for next Christmas.

So why wouldn't you give it to somebody who made a "silly" offer instead of abandoning? They might have been offering something that was worth a lot to them... I would have offered, if I had seen it. Aren't trades the only way for people with slower Internet to get such an egg/hatchling? Sorry, but I think it's a pity. I know so many people who were offering anything they had just to get at a Holly... They can't catch CB Metals either for trade. Neither can I, by the way.

Anyway, I have a Holly of a higher Gen than yours, but with the same ancestors. This is what the lineage will look like after you got all the mates:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/WHuXg (the one egg that I could gift)

This year, I am starting a few lineages, hoping to be able to get them going.

First off, I found this lovely hatchling, and have influenced female. Hopefully it takes, so I can continue this lovely lineage. Next, I started a nebula/ember lineage, though I need to pick up more CB nebulas to continue it (had forgotten I had gifted away most of my CB nebula before they grew up).

Finally, I am looking for a possible mate for her. I picked her up last valentines, and still haven't found a man for her, though I'm still hunting.

Finally, I am looking for a possible mate for her. I picked her up last valentines, and still haven't found a man for her, though I'm still hunting.

Don't know if Red Dragonette is on the forum, but if you can't find a Stripe from Valentines, maybe something like this 3rd Gen I got in trade (can't remember from whom) would look nice. http://dragcave.net/lineage/8uCQA

Edited by lilysally

Hey, it's been way too long since I stopped by here--so many fab projects! I'm making my way through the thread looking for stuff I can help with...

I know this is a long shot, but I'm hoping to find a 2nd gen pink from holly and oldpink as a mate for this. (If I can find one not related to this dragon it would be even better, as that dragon's owner asked for a pink from mine if I ever find a suitable mate--you'd be helping two lineages at once. ;3 ) Shoot me a PM if you can help? Thanks!

Edited by Sadako

I don't have an exact match, but I can breed a sibling to This or This if you don't find anything better (or for anyone else who might need/want them smile.gif )

Finally completed my Albino x Hybrids project with a 7th gen offspring! I'm very relieved the parents liked each other. TvT

If anyone wishes to give this eggy a home, feel free to pm me and I'll send over a teleport. I'll also take any requests for relatives.

Mixed lineage. Y/N? I think I like it. I really wish I had more like the top one. smile.gif

Free!

I'm so please with this royal blue. I'm slowly working on a mate to this guardian. I just need my dragons to cooperate and give me one more 2nd gen royal blue.

Edit: Success! And I only had to try another 13 pairs of guardians and royal blues to get it.

Edited by ytak

That RB/Guardian checker is really pretty, ytak!

That's a shame Orlageddon. If you need replacements for either, I don't mind breeding my frills when I get unlocked.

And since I'm thinking about doing a relatively small checkerboard, I wanted opinions on this pairing.

THE ROOLES OF EVEN GEN BREEDING

#1 - Increased risk of refusal

It is the law of dragonhood that the carefully planned multi gen lineage must contain an equal amount of spanners in the works.

#2 - Having only 1 possible mate on your scroll VASTLY increases the risk of refusal

The longer it takes to breed/find said mate or the more expensive the trade for it, increases the risk of refusal exponentially up to 100%

#3.1 - Where breed type is involved, the dragons will sit smugly whilst dropping the wrong breed.

#3.2 - Where egg color is needed, the dragons will perch giggling whilst they drop the wrong color.

#3.3 - When coloring at gendering, all hatchlings will be required to turn the wrong color and perch giggling.

#4 - If the dragon breeder castes their eyes away from the eggs at any time, they will gender incorrectly - including with any combination of factors from #3.

sad.gifdry.gifunsure.gifmad.gif

Edited by Shamiir

THE ROOLES OF EVEN GEN BREEDING

#1 - Increased the of refusal

It is the law of dragonhood that the carefully planned multi gen lineage must contain an equal amount of spanners in the works.

#2 - Having only 1 possible mate on your scroll VASTLY increases the risk of refusal

The longer it takes to breed/find said mate or the more expensive the trade for it, increases the risk of refusal exponentially up to 100%

#3.1 - Where breed type is involved, the dragons will sit smugly whilst dropping the wrong breed.

#3.2 - Where egg color is needed, the dragons will perch giggling whilst they drop the wrong color.

#3.3 - When coloring at gendering, all hatchlings will be required to turn the wrong color and perch giggling.

#4 - If the dragon breeder castes their eyes away from the eggs at any time, they will gender incorrectly - including with any combination of factors from #3.

sad.gif  dry.gif  unsure.gif  mad.gif

AMEN! Only they alternate giggles with snickers.

Also - when trying to breed metallics, the messier, more inbred the lineage, the higher the probability of getting an egg. If you have a caveborn or low-gen pair... forget about it - no egg for you!

Edited by JaneMcAsh

Very pretty with the skywings, LL. Has a daintiness about it.

I opted to try the BBW http://dragcave.net/lineage/5bu8n

Think I quite like it.

@JMcA - Oooo, couldn't we tell stories about metals... but that's a whole different thread laugh.gif

Edited by Shamiir

I tried one of the new Wrapping-Wings with a Neotropical. I think the combination is lovely- link

Does anyone know of a lineage planner on any of the fan sites? I want to start a new EG lineage this year, but something more complicated than a checker. I want to do one of those pretty mirrored lineages with several different breeds... anyhow, I want to sort of see it first before I pick the breeds for sure... so, is there anything like that out there already? Like a drag and drop grid with dragon sprites? *dreaming*

Otherwise, looks like I'll be playing in MS Paint for awhile xd.png

Does anyone know of a lineage planner on any of the fan sites? I want to start a new EG lineage this year, but something more complicated than a checker. I want to do one of those pretty mirrored lineages with several different breeds... anyhow, I want to sort of see it first before I pick the breeds for sure... so, is there anything like that out there already? Like a drag and drop grid with dragon sprites? *dreaming*

Otherwise, looks like I'll be playing in MS Paint for awhile xd.png

I don't know of any like that but If you find one I'd love to know where it is O3O

I tried one of the new Wrapping-Wings with a Neotropical. I think the combination is lovely- link

Yeah, the build and colours of those two go really well together. ^^ Up till now I hadn't seen the wrapping wing in lineage view though - had no idea their head camouflaged like that. :P

Also:

Yesterday I bred this EG in the hopes of trading it for a 2G sunsong from yulebuck father (as a mate for my yule). As usual, it was one of those hit and miss situations and in this case, a miss. I was wondering if anyone here could help me out? I still have the lumina so I'd be happy to trade it with you. :) Less importantly, all the dragons in the lineage are named after fashion houses/designers. If you're into specifically named lineages and all that. ^^

Yeah, the build and colours of those two go really well together. ^^ Up till now I hadn't seen the wrapping wing in lineage view though - had no idea their head camouflaged like that. :P

Also:

Yesterday I bred this EG in the hopes of trading it for a 2G sunsong from yulebuck father (as a mate for my yule). As usual, it was one of those hit and miss situations and in this case, a miss. I was wondering if anyone here could help me out? I still have the lumina so I'd be happy to trade it with you. :) Less importantly, all the dragons in the lineage are named after fashion houses/designers. If you're into specifically named lineages and all that. ^^

Re Lineage planner..

Ummm, gee... I had a drag and drop lineage planner up on the net years ago lol

But it would be out of date re releases anyway, even if i could find it.

It seemed rather redundant once ND and the other sites brought out the linked ones.

Edited by Shamiir

I decided to try one of my new x-mas dragons with a gold-horned tangar and I think it came out better than I was expecting it to. Opinions?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/sDkfF

(Edit: I still think they'd look amazing with a stripe, but I have no CB to try it with so someone else will have to be that brave soul!)

Edited by Calli Thaala