Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

@Amazon_warrior:

Mates for SWs ? For me, there is one obvious answer: Royal Blues ! Especially male SW + female RB, for their postures match so well.

Look here.

[On that note: There's nobody that happens to have a SW+RB-egg that needs a loving home, I guess ? wink.gif (I sadly have no Halloweenies I could offer in return, because I own no CBs.)]

Out of your ideas I surprisingly quite like the SW+Hellfire, the colours look good together.

Greenwing is nice, too, I just have a problem with their tentacly appendages (personal taste).

Nebula - good idea ! But I'd prefer the female Blues - found this beauty on the AP.

Male Moonstone and female GW have the perfect colours, I thought about such a checker, too, but I have a slight problem with the very different postures (SW very "Horizontal", GW and Moonstone very "vertical", if you know what I mean...). But then... The lineage images are so tiny, and they tend to cut everything into the same format, so if you could you should go for it.

And if you'd like to open a "Waterwalkers need love, too"-club I'm sure nobody would hold it against you. They do need more appreciation. Sadly, there is also a reason for it. They are not even that ugly, but somehow... there are just so many dragons that look so much better. wink.gif

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

@Amazon_warrior:

Mates for SWs ? For me, there is one obvious answer: Royal Blues ! Especially male SW + female RB, for their postures match so well.

Look here.

[On that note: There's nobody that happens to have a SW+RB-egg that needs a loving home, I guess ? wink.gif (I sadly have no Halloweenies I could offer in return, because I own no CBs.)]

Out of your ideas I surprisingly quite like the SW+Hellfire, the colours look good together.

Greenwing is nice, too, I just have a problem with their tentacly appendages (personal taste).

Nebula - good idea ! But I'd prefer the female Blues - found this beauty on the AP.

Male Moonstone and female GW have the perfect colours, I thought about such a checker, too, but I have a slight problem with the very different postures (SW very "Horizontal", GW and Moonstone very "vertical", if you know what I mean...). But then... The lineage images are so tiny, and they tend to cut everything into the same format, so if you could you should go for it.

And if you'd like to open a "Waterwalkers need love, too"-club I'm sure nobody would hold it against you. They do need more appreciation. Sadly, there is also a reason for it. They are not even that ugly, but somehow... there are just so many dragons that look so much better. wink.gif

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Oooo, RBs do look good with SWs! smile.gif I may do something with that idea, though I was sort-of trying to find a bit of an unusual combination for my checker project(s).

Thanks for the thoughts! I'm starting to lean more and more towards a Swallowtail checker and a Waterwalker checker (both?! I need my head examining...) I realised that I have a couple of Hellfire lineages in progress and I've done several Moonstone lineages, so some variety would be nice. I'm actually really fond of the Greenwings and their funny tentacles, but I admit they're not to everyone's tastes. I may have a different plan for them, though. Funnily, the more I look at the GW checkers, the less I'm convinced by them...

RE Waterwalkers: Yeah, poor lil beggars! xd.png I feel bad for them, but I *still* need to find a compelling reason to raise them over almost any other dragon breed. Still, this'd be a good excuse, no? smile.gif

I'm suddenly completely obsessed with SW x Tsunami. I have two ready to get started on a lineage for next year! They're so pretty together.

@Amazon_warrior, my money is definitely on SW x Swallowtail, that's a gorgeous combo.

I really wish we were able to breed Holidays all year long. I love Marrows so much, it's a shame I can only continue these lineages once a year.

So far I've got:

Marrow x Red

Marrow x Red Dorsal

Marrow x M Gold

Marrow x Tombstone (hopefully Zombie)

Marrow x Pink & Black Sweetling

Marrow x Pink Sweetling as a mate for my Marrow.

Marrow x F Gold as a mate for my Gold.

I've been pretty busy with Marrow Lineages. xd.png

Oh my heart, I've just realized that I'll be able to breed these two together. wub.gif I'd shamefully forgotten about that Black ever since he rejected my 2nd gen Holly. He may finally get a suitable mate after all!

I'm hoping to do some little SW checkers while they're breeding - going to go with Autumns and Sunsongs. *nodnod* I have 2 SWs from Autumns and 1 SW from a Sunsong already. The other SW from Sunsong can be bred on the 30th, and of course the Sunsongs and Autumns will be bred after the Halloween chaos.

I also can't decide whether to leave that second SW from Autumn's name blank due to her code, or name her something a little less silly. xd.png

Oh my heart, I've just realized that I'll be able to breed these two together. wub.gif I'd shamefully forgotten about that Black ever since he rejected my 2nd gen Holly. He may finally get a suitable mate after all!

I'm hoping to do some little SW checkers while they're breeding - going to go with Autumns and Sunsongs. *nodnod* I have 2 SWs from Autumns and 1 SW from a Sunsong already. The other SW from Sunsong can be bred on the 30th, and of course the Sunsongs and Autumns will be bred after the Halloween chaos.

I also can't decide whether to leave that second SW from Autumn's name blank due to her code, or name her something a little less silly. xd.png

Oooo, sexy! biggrin.gif And I love that SW's code, brilliant! xd.png

In other news, these two better like each other, or there'll be trouble. sleep.gif (This may have been part of my reason to want to do a SW x Greenwing checker - I've kind of already started!)

It is striking Vhale, Amazon those Greenwings look fabulous smile.gif

I am quite happy to have managed to get these two SW/gold eggs, but i fear it'll be years before i get matching mates for them tongue.gif

I have been trying to find a really good mate for Blusangs and am disappointed to realize that i don't think they match well with any of the dragons i had hoped sad.gif damnit.

Also, any suggestions on what a silver might look good with? I really want to make a checker with silvers. I kinda like them with black, but they're so common i am kinda bored with the combo :/ maybe Blusangs? (really want to make a lineage with them XP)

So many awesome looking lineages makes me wish i had 500 eggslots so i could make more lineages xd.png

Edited by afie

i really like how blusangs look with shadows, but i really need another one like that... can anyone help me? smile.gif

I have to agree with you! I really like the blusang x SW pairing.

manage to breed you a SW, will PM you now ^^

I doubt I could find mates for these since they are a different kind of checker xd.png

Marrow x Sunsong

Pink x Marrow

Anyone also doing the same lineage as mine?

I am quite happy to have managed to get these two SW/gold eggs, but i fear it'll be years before i get matching mates for them tongue.gif

I have been trying to find a really good mate for Blusangs and am disappointed to realize that i don't think they match well with any of the dragons i had hoped sad.gif damnit.

Also, any suggestions on what a silver might look good with? I really want to make a checker with silvers. I kinda like them with black, but they're so common i am kinda bored with the combo :/ maybe Blusangs? (really want to make a lineage with them XP)

So many awesome looking lineages makes me wish i had 500 eggslots so i could make more lineages xd.png

Sunsets and silvers look quite lovely in my opinion. I'd go with something with a lot of color anyways like a tangar or a turpintine. I don't like bluesangs with silver as much because their is little contrast and they don't fit a good match for colors in my opinion. I have a couple of commons from silver parents on my scroll that you could look at for ideas. I really like my brimstonexsilver. The yellow is a nice play and they aren't rare like golds.

I am rather fond of harvests for a yellow though I don't think they'd go as well with silver. For blusangs, I'm pretty happy with my blue nebula checker. Though I'm to the point where I'm stuck trying to get blue nebulas xd.pnghttp://dragcave.net/lineage/tGj66

I am pretty happy and tired from Halloween trading. So long as everything genders right, I got through with more than I expected to. That extra day of breeding was epic win! I'm still trying to get 2 CB Female Ember x CB Marrow trades, but even if that doesn't happen and I keep the eggs I'm trying to trade, I'll be happy with them on my scroll.

Now I just need some good zombie luck. I messed up and forgot that vampire bites count against kills and blew a bunch of bites earlier this month. So, I just now got to kill a few adults. So far, all dead but one. If they raise I'll have some zombie x Shadow Walker lineages for next year.

@brairtrainer: Yeah, i think colourful dragons would be nicest with such a pale dragon as silvers. I am actually not that crazy about the yellow/silver look.

@Vhale: That nebula/blusang was actually really nice, though i am not sure i want to make another nebula lineage (so much hassle with getting the right colours and one lineage is quite enough- one year on and i still haven't reached 5th gen due to miscolouring nebs...) but at least it's given me hope that there are dragons the blusang looks good with ;D

Saw somewhere a silver/sunsong mix that i was surprised at how much i liked, as well as a purple neb/silver mix, but that would mean the neb problem again.

I'm not gonna lie. As much as I have enjoyed celebrating my first Halloween on DC by collecting as many 2G's as humanly possible, I am dying to get back to my other lineages. It feels like I've been neglecting my projects for ages even though it's only been a few days. XD Is it just me?

I am quite happy to have managed to get these two SW/gold eggs, but i fear it'll be years before i get matching mates for them :P

I have been trying to find a really good mate for Blusangs and am disappointed to realize that i don't think they match well with any of the dragons i had hoped :( damnit.

So many awesome looking lineages makes me wish i had 500 eggslots so i could make more lineages XD

I like Blusangs best with Tan Ridgewing females. Actually, that's the only breed of dragon I'm interested in breeding them with period. XD

As for Silvers, I'm in love with how the females look with Sunsongs (woo!) and Tan Ridgewings (samesies, TCA XD). I've been extremely lucky and bred two shiny 3G's from Sunsong checkers in the last month (here and here) and I am just euphoric. :3 I originally bred my metallics today hoping for some trading fodder for new Halloweens, but I just can't part with the unanticipated Sunsong x Silver egg that popped onto my scroll. Dx For male Silvers, I like Guardians and Hellfires best. ^^;

I've been told all these pairings are overdone at one point or another, and perhaps they are, but I still love the way they look! I'm not a conformist, but I'm not the type to hate something just because others do, either. For them being so popular, I've been hard-put trying to find metalfail swaps for mine. T_T Now that I have these Silvers from Sunsongs, I'm going to have to find a new mate for the adult one, since it's a sibling to the one I bred today. I'd like to merge their lines at some point, though I have no idea where I'm going to get the Sunsong fails, let alone how long it'll take to get shiny eggs from them.

The things we do for shinies!

Edited by Chanilove

afie, and anyone else speculating on mates for Blusangs and Silvers: I think female Silvers look great with male Tan Ridgewings [example], and Blusangs look good with Tsunamis [example].

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Well, I could kick myself right now. I got 3 Shadow Walker with amazing lineages (2 from Alt Sweetling and one from Fiona's SW alt). I influenced them all female for various reasons. However, I completely forgot about this Golden Wyvern I've been needing a mate for. sad.gif I wish I could have caught one of the tinselfail Halloweens that have been dropped, but I don't think that'll happen this late in the game.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice mate?

Well, I could kick myself right now. I got 3 Shadow Walker with amazing lineages (2 from Alt Sweetling and one from Fiona's SW alt). I influenced them all female for various reasons. However, I completely forgot about this Golden Wyvern I've been needing a mate for. :( I wish I could have caught one of the tinselfail Halloweens that have been dropped, but I don't think that'll happen this late in the game.

Some people use Harvests to replace Tinsels in lineages, but I'm personally not a fan of Harvests so I don't. >.> If you could find someone with a GW metalfail from a male Gold, maybe? I know I used to give my 2G metalfails away in the EG gifting thread all the time when I was breeding one of my Golds with a Golden Wyvern.

Well, I could kick myself right now.  I got 3 Shadow Walker with amazing lineages (2 from Alt Sweetling and one from Fiona's SW alt).  I influenced them all female for various reasons.  However, I completely forgot about this Golden Wyvern I've been needing a mate for. sad.gif  I wish I could have caught one of the tinselfail Halloweens that have been dropped, but I don't think that'll happen this late in the game.

Bounce one of the eggs to someone else to drop the influence, bounce it back and redo the influence? That is if you wanted to use one of the shadow walkers for the mate.

I know it is getting late in the game, but my family is still looking

for one Marrow needed for even gen lineage:

Thanks nooey!

Edited by grammydragon

To kill two questions with one stone, Silvers seem to go very well with Blusangs, from what I've seen. smile.gif

I agree that Blusangs are tricky - I really like the sprite, but the rather fiddly nature of it means it doesn't show well in the lineage viewer and I've seen very few Blusang crosses that I really like.

ETA: I cannot wait to try breeding this and this! (Or whichever way round they're compatible.) *excited* biggrin.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

ETA:  I cannot wait to try breeding this and this!  (Or whichever way round they're compatible.)  *excited*  biggrin.gif

Oh, wow, it looks like your two are unrelated to my two. We must do some trading next year!

Edited by codyne

Was I the only one that grinned a bit at all the trades that said, want messy lineage hatchy for freezing? :3 I think the vast majority of eggs I saw were some form of even gen, stair case, or barely broken ones. We've taken over the cave! Muhahaha?