Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

Very sad when this thread falls to the second page. :( It used to be such an active, sharing community.

Anyway, I came here to show off a finish that has been years in the making! Finally finished!

In the early stages it required the help of quite a few other breeders. Thanks to anyone who contributed. And thanks to those who contributed 2nd gens that never made it to the final lineage. Your efforts are still appreciated all these years later! :lol:

Edited by purplehaze

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Very sad when this thread falls to the second page. :( It used to be such an active, sharing community.

Anyway, I came here to show off a finish that has been years in the making! Finally finished!

In the early stages it required the help of quite a few other breeders. Thanks to anyone who contributed. And thanks to those who contributed 2nd gens that never made it to the final lineage. Your efforts are still appreciated all these years later! :lol:

Wow that is absolutely stunning

@Daydreamer09

Beautiful ! Best of luck for breeding the pair ! (They'll probably give you a Tan Ridge first. ;)) And I'm sure it took lots of patience, with the Ridgewings having an Alt, and the Lunars only being able to breed every few weeks anyway.

@purplehaze

So...many...Stripes...

That's an amazing lineage ! Looking at the 2nd gens tells me that you started building it before I had ever even heard of DC. And I'm not exactly a newbie. ;)

I just wish there was a way to look at it in all its glory, but even zooming in it won't fit completely on my monitor. Consider me awed !

My favourite Stripe lineage. The father was a gift and his  parents were bred before the introduction of coloured black Stripes. One day I will find another white stripe with a pre-colour black lineage as a mate for him but until then I like the contrast with the female's lineage.

Thank you purplehaze.

Edited by Wiz

Such beautiful lineages. I have a couple striped ones myself and will work on continuing them later but first I'm still working on that prefect eg lineage of male sunsongs and female whites. I had four pairs breed properly this week and may have some 3rd gens by next week if they gender correctly. I am so excited to see this lineage finally coming together I look forward to being able to share my babies here too! 

8 hours ago, Wiz said:

My favourite Stripe lineage. The father was a gift and his  parents were bred before the introduction of coloured Stripes. One day I will find another white stripe with a pre-colour lineage as a mate for him but until then I like the contrast with the female's lineage.

Oh, I like that. Before I looked at it I was thinking "What does she mean? There were always colored Stripes." But the black ones were added later. Anyway it makes for a kind of unique lineage.

10 hours ago, Wiz said:

My favourite Stripe lineage. The father was a gift and his  parents were bred before the introduction of coloured Stripes. One day I will find another white stripe with a pre-colour lineage as a mate for him but until then I like the contrast with the female's lineage.

My Babies - perhaps I should start breeding them again ;)

I  recall finding  a  mate for mine only days before the color changed- it might be cool to petition TJ to give the Marrows 2 colors of stripes like some of the others have

but I do like the contrasting lineage as well

I remember it took them ages to produce a white for yourself and then mine came along quite quickly after that lol. Then I spent ages trying to find a matching mate while it sat on my scroll. I gave up and built the mate he has now and like I said it's become one of my favourite lineages.

I really should proofread before I post :blush:

Edited by Wiz

14 hours ago, Stripey said:

All of you who do the stripe lineages have way more patience than I do.  Some really lovely ones too. :)

The even gen project I am working on isn't nearly as nifty, as it is all inbred.

Wow!  That is still an impressive bit of breeding.  And this is one of those times that it is wonderful that the generations are listed on top.

I'm slowly making progress on my PB guardian project.  It's always one pair that shows no interest or no egg for a few weeks, holding up the line.  And... crud.  Looks like I have some inbreeding somewhere.  One dragon.  I can work with that.  Still annoying.  Not what I want for the project.  >.>  Oh well.  Got a lot to re-breed.  Like 7 gens.  But only one line.  I can reuse the rest.  Could be worse.  Glad I discovered this now.  Actually kind of amazing this is the only time it has happened considering how many I have!

Edited by ytak

@ytak That's a shame. I just had to rebreed a section of my Split lineage, too. It spanned 10 generations, but I only had to replace one pair in the CB generation and then rebreed up the line. It went pretty quickly actually, since I only had to replace one dragon in each generation.

6 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I realized could start a small PB Guardian line out of CB Guardians whose codes have a somewhat special meaning to me.

4 pairs: https://dragcave.net/group/42367

Whatsay? :D

That would be awesome. Special coded pb line yay! 

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I realized could start a small PB Guardian line out of CB Guardians whose codes have a somewhat special meaning to me.

bsExY and the gods, I am so jealous right now!

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@ytak That's a shame. I just had to rebreed a section of my Split lineage, too. It spanned 10 generations, but I only had to replace one pair in the CB generation and then rebreed up the line. It went pretty quickly actually, since I only had to replace one dragon in each generation.

I was looking at it and realized it wasn't going to be as bad as I thought.  Somehow, I used one, just one, dragon twice.  I still don't know how that happened, especially since I pair up the dragons I breed on my scroll.

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Do it!  I could look through my guardians for ones with cool codes and breed them for you if you wanted to take it out further (and I have two non-guardian dragons that would pair up well with a couple of you guardians).

On 1/17/2018 at 10:45 AM, purplehaze said:

Wow - I'm impressed - and maybe inspired - lol lets see how far I get :D

36 minutes ago, TempestSea said:

Wow - I'm impressed - and maybe inspired - lol lets see how far I get :D

I'll warn you, it takes patience -- lots of it!

The next-to-last pair kept throwing the wrong color! I'm sure they weren't even the worst, but when you are that close to finishing and they dis you like that, it hurts! :lol:

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I'll warn you, it takes patience -- lots of it!

The next-to-last pair kept throwing the wrong color! I'm sure they weren't even the worst, but when you are that close to finishing and they dis you like that, it hurts! :lol:

Rofl well I have I think 4 pairs of stripes so I have a long way to go :D May have a few second gens I can put in there but still...

Hey everyone!  It's been ages since I've been on the forums and I've only been grabbing new eggs as they get released for a while.  I've recently got back into breeding my metal checkers and if anyone is interested in my duplicates I've been giving them away in the Even Gen Trading thread.  Here's a direct link for those who might be interested.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/123059-even-generations-trading-and-gifting-centre/?do=findComment&comment=9627835

Done! Woo! I started this lineage years ago and it stalled when one of the CB's refused three males in a row (before Purple Power). I came across it again when I had a mass dragon naming session and decided to finish it. Zapped little miss refuse a lot with a purple and pow! A few weeks latter...

The Knowin' O' The Speakin

Just wish we could put apostrophes on the ends of names :(

nice wiz!  

what are you guys doing with your soulstones?  haven't been able to find a forum page with the mockups.