RainSpirit

Manga Recommendations?

I love everything by Junji Ito. Uzumaki, Tomie, Amigara Fault, Black Paradox, Hellstar Remina... they're all horrors, though. I'd recommend them only if you can handle gore and some crazy stuff. Some of these are outright insane. xd.png

I also liked Pet Shop of Horrors (please tell me there's somebody else who's read it), Franken Fran, Drifting Classroom, and Bokurano, to name a few.

Ugh, marry me. I love Junji Ito's stuff and I liked Franken Fran. Pet Shop of Horrors was kinda fun, too. =)

I really like some of Osamu Tezuka's work. Phoenix and Black Jack were my absolute favourites, but Ode to Kirihito and Astro Boy were pretty fun, too. Phoenix, volume... 4 I believe? takes the cake as the best comic I've ever read. Nonnonba by Shigeru Mizuki had a great setting and mood.

I'm not going to list every last one but I'll name a few. I will put Warning next to each title. Consider this a means to indicate the the manga/manhwa has some form of violence/language/nudity

Warning - Destroy & Revolution: One has the Oneness, the other has a strong want to change Japan. Together they work as terrorists to change Japan.

Warning - Holyland: The main character was bullied alot.png and so trained his fists to be powerful so that he can protect himself and his Holyland.

Warning - Suicide Island: Japan, being filled with higher suicide rates decides to send those that survive from their suicide attempts to an island. Those that are sent there must either finish what they started or fight to survive on the island.

Warning - Onepunch Man: Saitama trained on a strict work out for three years without taking a break. At the end of it he become so powerful that he ends every fight with a single punch. Now, he's grown board with his strength and hopes that one day he'll actually be able to find a challenge.

Onepunch Man (One): The original web comic to "Onepunch Man".

Edited by Dark-Azkrin666

I don't have the time to put down all my favorites at the moment. I began reading manga a really long time ago, and since I read so quickly, the list has grown super big. Almost every manga on my interests page is recommended. I typically read shounen, although there are some others in there too.

I don't read much manga, but I'm glad I found Otoyomegatari. The translations are outstanding and the plot is really unique. There's nothing like it. happy.gif

Right now I would highly recommend One Piece, the past chapters.. especially this week is off the hook, literally! Even though it's pretty long, it's actually very consistent and in all the years I've been reading it, it never once strayed on it's path of it's original plot. Which is actually amazing when you consider how long it is! smile.gif

Silver Spoon, Magi: The labyrinth of Magic, Gintama, Bakuman, Kuroko no Basuke and Slam Dunk would be my second recommendation~

RANMA 1/2!!!! It's sooo awesome (but has some....Erm..."Flesh" in it). It has a LOT of humor in it, and is a bit of a love story. I'm currently reading Fairy Tail (Not tale, tail as in an animal tail), and it's pretty awesome.