RainSpirit

Manga Recommendations?

I think you would like Hana Kimi or Liar Game, read them both and I liked them quite a lot ^-^ I've also read Absolute Boyfriend which was very cute but I didn't quite like the ending, and I'm reading Skip Beat! :3 So maybe your taste is similar to mine? Also looking for a nice manga to read myself o3o I'll probably check out the Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind that Stagazer recommended ^-^ Hope you find some good ones!

Hm...I'll definitely check both of those out ^^

And if you have tastes like mine, you should definitely check out Dengeki Daisy wink.gif

You know, I have a special folder on my computer named "MANGA" and I love it. xd.png So here are my recommendations for you:

Beauty Pop - I love the main characters - she's a stoic girl and he's a temperamental boy. They're both hairdressers - he's more competitive than anyone I ever met and she's like 'blah' - makes him crazy. xd.png

Anatolia Story - if you're interested in Ancient History, romance, action and adventure all in one - this one's for you. It's based on the real King Mursili from the history books and the mangaka took some liberties with his life. It's a really enjoyable manga.

Tsuki no Shippo - a cute, clumsy ninja-wannabe girl? You have to read it. It's funny and romantic and tragedic all at the same time.

Ouran High School Host Club - this one is also a must read (along with Lovely Complex, but you already know that. xd.png Tamaki's character is hilarious, and yet deep.

Also if you like classical music, you should read La Corda d'Oro and Nodame Cantabile. Nodame and Chiaki are really cute, in a funny kinda way.

I also love Kanata Kara or From Far Away where a girl gets beamed up into an alternate universe where it was foretold that she would destroy the world or something like that and people wanted her dead.

Hm...all sound interesting so I'll definitely check them out ^^

I heard of Ouran High School Host Club before though wink.gif

Well, I didnt read a lot of mangas. But I liked Lovely Complex, Kuroshitsuji, Death Note, Ouran High School Host Club, Hana Yori Dango (but I like the Korean TV series, Boys Over Flowers, more), and Loveless (kinda shounen-ai or yaoi, depends on person if you like it or not).

Edited by MichiyoSaitou

Hmm...I see ^^ I heard of all of those before except for Hana Yori Dango. I'm not really interested in Kuroshitsuji, Death Note, and Loveless....but if I ever feel like it I'll go and check them out :3

Beauty Pop - I love the main characters - she's a stoic girl and he's a temperamental boy. They're both hairdressers - he's more competitive than anyone I ever met and she's like 'blah' - makes him crazy. xd.png

I also recommend Beauty Pop. It was a bit short but I loved it.

Well, part of the reason why I loved it was because I like cutting hair, but who doesn't? xd.png

Fullmetal Alchemist

Inuyasha

Naruto

Death Note

Ouran High School Host Club

Kamisme Kiss

Soul Eater

Darker Than Black

Well, I've only read one manga, and only because my best friend brought it to school one day. It's Sailor Moon, one of the best books I have ever read. I recommend it.

Oh, Sailor Moon? I watched some of the anime before but I never read the books >.> I'm not too interested in it...but I guess if I get bored one day then I'll check it out ^^

I don't really read romance manga but here are a few that I think you might like:

Until Death Do Us Part

Shin Angyo Onshi

Stigma

anything by Komi Naoshi

And my personal favourites:

Trigun

Trigun Maximum

Blade of the Immortal

Vagabond

Berserk

Deathnote is good but it's terribly confusing xd.png

I also like Black Butler. It's only a tiny bit confusing, but it has a good story and great art.

Oh my I have the best manga recommendations for you based on your guidelines.

Read Lovely Complex by Aya Nakahara. You'll have to watch it, too. The anime is really good. It makes you super sad but then it's hilarious, so you just have to pause and go upstairs laughing your guts out.

Watch it watch it watch it~ <3

Um... there's also Skip Beat. It's romance, but it's also pretty funny.

And then there... DETECTIVE CONAN. It's an awesome mystery series. But if you can't stand the sight of like... dead people, then don't read it. And also if you like to read it when it's done. 'Cause it's 700 something chapters and it's still not done. xd.png

Detective Conan is my <3

definitely Detective Conan.

Inubaka. I loved it. Especially all the cute puppies and doggies in the story. But I think they've cancelled the book. >__<

Me and My Brothers was cute too. (: But it's kinda awkward when you've fallen in love with your brother and have weird emotions about them. o_o;

Then I've just finished Uzumaki. Not a really scary manga, but it's pretty creepy.. makes me wanna draw spirals now. @__@

@Cybele Hm...I only heard of a few of those before :3 I'll check them out ^^

@Xbcdrt I watched a bit of the Death Note anime and I'm not too interested in it :-/ Black Butler seems interesting though ^^

@dragonixwave Hm..okay, I think I should check it out ^^ My friend also likes to read it.

@Applesauce I never heard any of them, but they seems interesting ^^ I'll check them out wink.gif Except for Uzumaki maybe...I don't really like scary stuff. >.>

Shaman King is amazing. The art is mind-blowing and the storyline is fantastic. I just... don't know what else I can say.

I haven't read much of Fullmetal Alchemist, but I liked what I did read.

Ranma 1/2 only served to annoy me. I didn't like it.

Hetalia rolleyes.gif it was pathetic. So many things that are wrong that I do not even want to point it out.

On the other side, I enjoyed mushishi thoroughly.

Until Death Do Us Part! biggrin.gif I love the series so darn much. Swords, guns, precogs and assassins, mmm. Then there's Soul Eater, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Ao no Exorcist, D Gray Man and Ubel Blatt among my favourite shounen manga too :3 I rarely touch shoujo stuff though for some inexplicable reason but I enjoyed Kanata Kara and Immortal Rain.

@Abandonship I'm not that big on the shounen side...but I guess I can try it someday o3o

@ylangylang Hetalia! xd.png I wanted to try that out a long time ago but I forgot about it xd.png Thanks for reminding me! ^^

@ sparkdragon Lol...I'm not too big on the shounen side again...but I'll try out the shoujo stuff you mentioned :]

Oh...I feel so stupid now... o.o o.o xd.png Lol, I got confused because of the smile xd.png

Hm...so you hate it? Hm...now I'm not so sure if I want to read it anymore...

Well I find it problematic on many levels such as historical inaccuracies and other stuff, most Americans do not really know this but East Asian countries (cept Taiwan) have huge issues with Japan over past historical issues so the manga can be inappropriate from our point of view.

I would recommend Mushishi, it was made into an anime, I would strongly recommend either the anime or the manga, you would enjoy it if you enjoyed studio Ghibli's stuff, like how there are spirits of nature living with us or stuff like that.

Edited by ylangylang

Oh yeah, I know that part about the probs with Japan and stuff cause I'm Chinese :3 But don't worry, I have nothing against Japan ^^

Mushishi? Never heard of it before, but I'll check it out ^^ Thanks smile.gif