El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

Well, the thread title doesn't say "Skyrim" so I'll be the odd guy out and say I've started playing Morrowind again. I just downloaded the graphics overhaul mod and it's so beautiful. I'm playing an argonian nightblade this time around.

The Elder Scrolls series is one of my best from rpg. I played Oblivion and Skyrim so many times, but I play Morrowind just a few days... but it's interesting. I was going to play this game for a long time and I finally did it

Well, the thread title doesn't say "Skyrim" so I'll be the odd guy out and say I've started playing Morrowind again. I just downloaded the graphics overhaul mod and it's so beautiful. I'm playing an argonian nightblade this time around.

I was a bit of latecomer to the Elder Scrolls series and I gotta say, I find Morrowind really hard to chew through. It's way more 'old school rpg' and there's a lot more number crunching involved than Oblivion and some of the mechanics are just annoying--like how your attacks are always calculated as percent chances, rather than having hitboxes for every enemy. I've seen too many arrows and fireballs fly right through my opponents.

Plus, I've been conditioned by every other rpg to take everything that isn't nailed down unless explicitly told not to, so the lack of tags on 'owned' items made me accidentally rob the entire Redoran canton in Vivec city. Now even if I get rid of the stolen items, I can't ever sell them un-stolen versions of the same items.

Maybe one day I'll install a bunch of mods onto the game via the nexus and give it another try--I'm sure there are mods to fix all the things I mentioned. But the lack of nostalgia for me makes getting into the game very difficult.

do you mean VI? (nerd fan boy, semi nagger in coming) cause IV means 4, and VI means 6........

oh and yes, I am hyped for tes: 6 (pls be elsewr and valenwood or blackmarsh)

do you mean VI? (nerd fan boy, semi nagger in coming) cause IV means 4, and VI means 6........

oh and yes, I am hyped for tes: 6 (pls be elsewr and valenwood or blackmarsh)

Any information on it?

Not yet.

I am guessing Bethesda might release some info on the game at this years E3............ (let us pray to the divines that Bethesda will do so xd.png)

Nope, nothing has been said about it whatsoever.

I'm not expecting any for a while, either: my guess for ES6 is 2017. There was a five-and-a-half year gap between Oblivion and Skyrim, and a seven-year gap between Fallout 3 and 4 (New Vegas was made by a different studio, like ESO, and doesn't count).

In the meantime though we're getting another minor side game: a mobile strategy card game called Elder Scrolls: Legends which comes out sometime this year.

I pray to Akatosh every night hoping that Bethesda doesn't stuff-up TES: 6.

v-v

Edited by GalacticDolphin

Okay, I have a problem.

I'm married to Marcurio in Elder Scrolls V. He was also my companion.

I took him with me to Ustengrav, but I took a shortcut, and he didn't follow me. Just yesterday, I finally escaped the Thalmor Embassy. Not long after, an alert popped up in the top left corner of the screen.

"Your follower has grown tired of waiting for you, and is no longer following you."

I've checked his place of origin, the Bee and Barb, but he isn't there. I don't have a house yet. Should I check in Ustengrav for him? Or just the woods around Ustengrav? Or what?

Okay, I have a problem.

I'm married to Marcurio in Elder Scrolls V. He was also my companion.

I took him with me to Ustengrav, but I took a shortcut, and he didn't follow me. Just yesterday, I finally escaped the Thalmor Embassy. Not long after, an alert popped up in the top left corner of the screen.

"Your follower has grown tired of waiting for you, and is no longer following you."

I've checked his place of origin, the Bee and Barb, but he isn't there. I don't have a house yet. Should I check in Ustengrav for him? Or just the woods around Ustengrav? Or what?

According to another forum, he should be in your last 'owned' house, if you have one. If not, he might still be in Ustengrav (as followers apparently get stuck in houses/buildings) so if you can't find him in your house, check there.

I have successfully located Marcurio! I fast traveled to Riften one last time, telling myself,"If he's not here, he's dead." Previously, I had scoured Ustengrav for him, hoping to find him dead or alive. I went back to the last place I'd seen him in Ustengrav, but he wasn't there. That's when I went to Riften. I ran to Bee and Barb, then entered through the entrance that had doors right next to the bench he sat on inside. And guess who found there, eating a loaf of bread! It took him at least ten days to return to the B&B! But he returned nonetheless. Now I've gotten enough coin for LakeView Manor, and plan to build the house very soon. I will make sure he never leaves my side again.

I have successfully located Marcurio! I fast traveled to Riften one last time, telling myself,"If he's not here, he's dead." Previously, I had scoured Ustengrav for him, hoping to find him dead or alive. I went back to the last place I'd seen him in Ustengrav, but he wasn't there. That's when I went to Riften. I ran to Bee and Barb, then entered through the entrance that had doors right next to the bench he sat on inside. And guess who found there, eating a loaf of bread! It took him at least ten days to return to the B&B! But he returned nonetheless. Now I've gotten enough coin for LakeView Manor, and plan to build the house very soon. I will make sure he never leaves my side again.

Awww, congrats~ xd.png

As for me, I'm a real Morrowind sort of person. Is that weird? I just think that despite its faults, it's more free roaming and immerses you in the story more. Maybe it's just because I played it first, but... I dunno.

*whispers* ((OP magic for the winnn))

I miss Skyrim, I need to get my PS3 hooked back up. I've been wanting to play it, ESO just isn't the same. I'm really hoping to hear about ES6 soon, even though I know it won't be out for a while. I'm playing Far Cry Primal and every time I see a mammoth I expect to see a giant too.

when is E3, if it is soon then I am pretty sure Bethesda has a trick up their sleeves (if you know what mean..... you don't?.... I mean TES6 >:D). Yea, Skyrim is good I really need to upgrade my laptop so I can run Skyrim on more then 10-20fps on the lowest setting (on pc)........ will upgrading from win8.1 to win10 make it slightly faster?

I'll have to look up some more of some "research" to get my point of view for a prediction in where TES6 is gonna take place.

Bethesda commented during an ESO presentation that TES6 is on their minds but it's not gonna happen for many years, so we have a long wait ahead of us (keeping in mind there was a 5 year gap between Oblivion and Skyrim).

Honestly, I think it will be set in Black Marsh, as out of all the races, the least is known about the Argonians (this can be seen in particular when studying each race's pantheon). That said, I've heard comments that this game may not be set in Tamriel at all, and may look at Akavir as they've been released a lot more lore lately about that continent.

hmm, Bethesda could do this:

just like morrwind - bloodmoon, oblivion - shivering isles, and skyrim - dragonborn, if tes6 is set in blackmarsh (argonia) then there could be a dlc that touches an island of akavir? possible.

I'd like a southern tes game that includes either 2 or 3 provinces, mainly black marsh, elsewyre and valenwood, with current console and pc stuff I am pretty sure this could happen........... it might lag light skyrim to the xbox 360 and ps3 but hey, it still be fantastic to see.

please Bethesda, please, please, please put skyrim as a backwards compatability game.........

Elder Scrolls Online isn't cutting it for me, so back to Skyrim I go!

I love Skyrim. wub.gif

It's a great game, isn't it? biggrin.gif I really should get back into it too. My last character was a dark elf who wants to become a vampire, like his ancestors did.

I always find it difficult to start playing but once I'm playing I'm playing for hours. xd.png

It's a great game, isn't it? biggrin.gif I really should get back into it too. My last character was a dark elf who wants to become a vampire, like his ancestors did.

I always find it difficult to start playing but once I'm playing I'm playing for hours. xd.png

It is a great game, that's for sure!

I play for hours on end, too! My record was 16 in one day. blink.gif

i remember in my first playthrough of skyrim (before it got deleted) I legendary smithing.....

Oh and dark brotherhood has been announced for ESO

Edited by zorua9

i remember in my first playthrough of skyrim (before it got deleted) I legendary smithing.....

[snip by pf4e]

I've only been replaying for a week and I have Sneak to Legendary x 2. I have Sneak, Pickpocketing, and Speech to 100 so far. Isn't nothing special since there's such thing as level grinding. xd.png