El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

Okay.

Just been sent on a quest to kill Cicero. I don't want to. He's awesome D:

If you don't kill him you get him as a follower (you follow the quest normally then you get to him i think you need to hit him for a bit or he talks to you and you choose where he dies or lives, i choose kill him (cause i didn't know i could get him as a follower)).....

So you can chose not to kill him?

Yay!

Not too fussed about having him as a follower (I've kind of stopped using them), but nice to know happy.gif

Can he be made into a Steward?

Aw shucks. I'll go back to plan A then.

I don't spend a lot of time at any of my HF houses apart from Lakeview anyway. I was just wondering how he'd deal with babysitting the kids...

...probably not such a great idea...

Dark Brotherhooding at the moment. Just killed Maro Jr. I also walked out of the wedding wearing the bride's dress. No one batted an eyelid xd.png

Does provoking someone into attacking you count against you in anyway? I just find it the easiest way to kill someone without getting a bounty.

Just go to jail. They won't take your money or stolen items.

Are you serious? I've always gone above and beyond to avoid being jailed because half the stuff I carry around is stolen goods. xd.png

--

Have been playing quite a bit of The Elder Scrolls Online lately, on two characters; an Imperial Templar and an Argonian Nightblade both part of the Ebonheart Pact. I'm enjoying the Templar class for playing as the group healer, but I think I've messed the skill points up here and there... I'll have to respec once I can justify the 100gold per skill point cost. It's certainly not a build for tanking multiple mobs as the DPS (so far) relies on the same pool (magicka) as the healing. The Nightblade on the other hand, impressive burst DPS and I can even do a bit of tanking in terms of taking on multiple same level enemies (well... wolves, anyway). It's decent for solo playing, but even more deadly in a group.

So uh, so far I've spent most of the time harvesting nodes. I don't know what I'm going to do with half the stuff I've been collecting but it's a vicious cycle of "Ohh, something to harvest!" *Harvests* "Ohh, something else!". Yeah, I've venutered over a sizeable portion of Stonefalls just harvesting stuff. Haven't gotten any further in the game than level 17 on my Templar, but stumbling around Deshaan harvesting things has been a pretty fun experience - until I wander into an Anchor. Man, those things are mean. They're fun when you're character doesn't get rolfstomped into the dirt, but stumbling into higher-levelled-than-you ones, alone? Ouch.

One thing I will state, this game isn't really that friendly to hoarders. Bank spaces quickly become expensive to buy, so do bag spaces - so creating a few "mule" characters is sort of a necessity. The runes alone used in enchanting take up half my bank and I haven't started on it yet. ._.

Overall, it's a pretty darn fun game so far. The only real annoyance I've come across so far is different instances. When in a group, you can see your group members arrows above their heads but not them - because they're in another instance. Takes a few relogs to fix things, which is why it's annoying. xd.png

Oh and if you search every urn and chest (I do mean every) in the tutorial "The Wailing Prison" you'll come out with a sizeable amount of provisioning supplies. Easily enough to get at least 5 provisioning, just by making one recipe until the supplies for that particular type runs out - but with recipes found that are level 5+ anything leftover helps out quite a bit. I have also noticed provisioning is by far the easiest craft to level if you're a habitual search-every-location-to-steal-goods player. Even if you can't use them at the time, making higher levelled food rakes in the experience.

Edited by VampiricOmen

One thing I will state, this game isn't really that friendly to hoarders

What?!?!? That is one of the main things I do in elder scrolls games. I HAVE to hoard everything that looks even a tiny bit useful in case I want to use it later. That is really disappointing.

You start out with 60 inventory slots and 60 bank slots. The bank is shared between all of your characters, regardless of faction. The first bag upgrade us 400g, while the next upgrade is 2000g and the next after that is 5900g. Bank spaces are more costly, costing (around, I can't remember for certain) 1000g then 3300g. Not sure how much further upgrades cost, but with the significant rise after just one upgrade, I'm expecting them to be expensive. Each upgrade adds 10 slots, and costs more and more each time.

I would recommend that if you play this game, have a few 'mule' characters to hold any crafting materials you don't plan on using any time soon. There are heaps of different provisioning, enchanting and alchemy materials which will likely take up the majority of your bank space. Next is blacksmithing, woodworking and tailoring. To add traits to items, you need to have it researched plus you'll also need gems that correspond to said traits. Those also take up a good portion of your bank if you plan on keeping them.

Basically: You'll have to choose which items you want to hoard. If you want to hoard everything, be prepared to create characters that you probably won't play to hold the extra items. If you plan to craft, use items with traits to research as soon as you can - holding them 'for later' can and will take up heaps of bag space. Sell anything you aren't going to use - whether through Guild Stores or to NPCs. There is no Auction House - selling items is limited to Guild Stores or through the Cash on Delivery mail system, but you'll have to advertise that you're selling items in Zone chat.

Oh and if you purchased the game on preorder and received the explorers pack - for the love of Dibella, do not open the urns containing the treasure maps until you are prepared to gallivant across the countryside to find said treasure. There are just so many maps, one for each city... that includes the cities in other factions.

I've become fairly strict on which items I carry around with me, only carrying the highest level of potions I have, raw materials (iron ore/high iron ore, jute fibre/flax/cotton, maple log/oak log/beech logs). Once I'm near a bank with places to refine said materials, I refine then bank as you can access banked materials at crafting stations anywhere in Tamriel - a very handy feature. On my lvl 17, I don't keep low level cooking supplies and generally try to cook as often as possible to get the experience for provisioning. That being said? My Nightblade usually sits around 40/70 bag space and my Templar around 40/80. I'm hoarding a bunch of runes on my Nightblade though... seriously need to make another mule (already have one holding explorers pack maps ._.).

Another thing, something that would've saved me heaps of coin had I known earlier regarding Wayshrine teleportation. If you go to your map and teleport from your current location to a Wayshrine elsewhere, it'll generally cost (at level 17) 84g. If you walk to the nearest Wayshrine then teleport - it'll be free, regardless of how far you teleport. If you're in a group and one person is across the map, you can teleport to them for free as well, although it will only take you to the nearest Wayshrine.

Aside from the bag space issues, I've thoroughly enjoyed this game so far. Some boss mobs are, in my opinion overpowered but other than that, it is quite fun indeed to play. Let it be known though, my strategy is probably terrible and therefore I'm copping the full strength of said bosses. That they don't seem to run out of magicka when I do after casting a few spells is just the icing on the cake. xd.png

Oh God. I don't think I could play Online. I've just been trying to clear out all my stores in Skyrim (weapons and armour I have leveled way past and stuff).

I ended up being 3000 points over encumbered.

Oh God. I don't think I could play Online. I've just been trying to clear out all my stores in Skyrim (weapons and armour I have leveled way past and stuff).

I ended up being 3000 points over encumbered.

Ive been worse when I moved houses.

I have 13 Daedric items now (yay). I think all I am missing is the book and the ring/skin. Not sure which one to go after next.

On ESO can you play on all the servers as any char you want or is there only certain ones? I've thought about playing ESO when I get my Xbox One since I enjoyed Skyrim a lot. I would play the PC version too but sadly unless I can have my account tied to my Xbox One account somehow it wont be happening. xd.png

I play Skyrim(not playing Online, I have an issue with the pricing). It's funny, I used to not like it so much. My ex played it and I really couldn't get into it like he did(then I had to quit playing for a while when we broke up). But now I freakin' love this game. cx

I've only played two characters. My first was a Khajiit. I liked that one but I had to start a new one when the crouch glitched and broke on it. Now I play an Argonian and I don't think I'll ever play a different race. xd.png

I absolutely love the Dark Brotherhood. So many feels during that questline. I stared it so I could get Shadowmere(looooove him soooo much!). I was tired of all my stupid horses attacking things and dying. cx I liked Cicero at the beginning, but had no problem killing him after he hurt Veezara(I know, I get WAAAAAYYY too attached to some characters. xd.png) I was all T_T towards the end of it.

Recently I finally started doing the Thieves Guild questline(took some nudging from a friend to get me off the Dark Brotherhood xd.png), which is pretty cool, too. This one was a bit of a challenge 'cause I like killing people. cx I screwed up the Goldenglow quest, though. It surprised me how pissed everyone was. xd.png

I really should get back on the main questline ... I love doing the side quests. cx I have Hearthfire installed so I also want to build all the houses. I need to do that soon(gonna start with Lakeview Manor tomorrow), seeing as I have almost 80,000 gold saved(I sell everything and buy nothing). xd.png

I also have Oblivion, which was the first one I played ... for like, two minutes. cx This was waaay before I had even heard of Skyrim and I was sooo not used to that style of game. Now that I'm used to it I want to go back and play it again.

EDIT: One of my favorite items in the game is the ...

Wabbajack.

Wabbajack. Wabbajack. Wabbajack.

Wabbajack. Wabbajack. Wabbajack.

Edited by Raikielia

I kept Cicero alive because I wanted him as my follower. He;s with me now in a snazzy suit of dwarven armor xd.png

If you want to build all the houses in Hearthfire I suggest you hoard all the iron you can. Plus straw and goat horns.

You might also want to make friends with someone who owns a lumbermill or get a Steward as soon as possible.

I finally figured out how I am going to level up my vampire lord! All it will cost is a few dead imperial forts. I am now going for the last 5 achievements I need before I start over and just do whatever I want like kill entire towns and stuff. I also killed a legendary dragon and I have to say they aren't very impressive on master. They just have lots of health and drain vitality so I had to drink 2 magica potions so I could continue to blast it with lightning.

I was hoping that you could level werewolf and vampire skills by attacking Stormcloak/Imperial camps after the Civil War ends.

I play Skyrim! I just started a new game as an Argonian, my previous character was a Kha'jit warrior. And I only used unarmed combat with him, I basically killed everyone in my whole game just by punching them (after the main storyline). All I had left were the Companions, Bandits and Talsgar (I can't even find him anymore) so I basically restarted. tongue.gif

On ESO can you play on all the servers as any char you want or is there only certain ones? I've thought about playing ESO when I get my Xbox One since I enjoyed Skyrim a lot. I would play the PC version too but sadly unless I can have my account tied to my Xbox One account somehow it wont be happening. xd.png

It depends. PC pre-orders all had the ability to create any of the nine races in any of the three alliances through a bonus called the Explorer's Pack which included maps and a vanity pet on top of being able to create a character of any race as part of any alliance. Typically, you had Bretons, Reguards and Orsimer for the Daggerfall Covenant; Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiit for the Aldmeri Dominion and Argonians, Dunmer and Nords for the Ebonheart Pact.

I would imagine pre-orders for the consoles would be given this same privilege... in fact, the ESO website shows the details so you can be any race in any alliance if you pre-order. The pre-ordered Imperial edition (digital or physical) had the ability to do the same, as well as having access to the Imperial race and style option (although converting non-Imperial styled items would bind them to that character).

If you didn't pre-order, the only race that can choose any alliance is the Imperial, which requires the Imperial edition (see above).

There are a total of six megaservers, two for each platform MAC/PC, Xbox, Playstation. Each platform has a North American and European server, although players from anywhere in the globe can play on either server.

I live in Australia and play on the North American megaserver, I experience little to no server related lag. If I do experience lag, others in Zone chat usually complain about it too.

From what I've been reading via Google searches, each platform calls for separate account, and thus separate subscription.

--

@ Fortune: Talsgar the Wanderer is an NPC that wanders around Skyrim. I've bumped into him a couple of times, plays a few songs for coin and trains in Speechcraft.

I kept Cicero alive because I wanted him as my follower. He;s with me now in a snazzy suit of dwarven armor xd.png

If you want to build all the houses in Hearthfire I suggest you hoard all the iron you can. Plus straw and goat horns.

You might also want to make friends with someone who owns a lumbermill or get a Steward as soon as possible.

Yeah, I've built a house on my Khajiit character. So that's what I've been doing with my Argonian character. I've been hunting goats, deer, bears, etc and holding onto all my Iron Ingots and such. I knew to prepare this time. cx I still need to get more straw and glass, though. cx

Yeah, I've built a house on my Khajiit character. So that's what I've been doing with my Argonian character. I've been hunting goats, deer, bears, etc and holding onto all my Iron Ingots and such. I knew to prepare this time. cx I still need to get more straw and glass, though. cx

I recommend "borrowing" from the solitude blacksmith's shop that respawns every few days. He has lots of iron ingots and some steel and silver.

I recommend "borrowing" from the solitude blacksmith's shop that respawns every few days. He has lots of iron ingots and some steel and silver.

Thanks, that was helpful. =3

Unfortunately, I think I'm screwed. I was trying to become Thane of Falkreath so I could get the Housecarl to be my Lakeview Manor Steward, but I can't finish the 'help the people' quests. The blacksmith is dead, the farmer is dead, the priest is dead(freakin' dragons >_<) and the sawmill owner is dead(Dark Brotherhood quest =/). So I dunno what to do. I know investing helps, but my Speech isn't high enough yet. I've heard you can drop armor and of someone wants it(and you say yes) that it counts, but I haven't figured out how that works. Even if I could do those, that's only 2/3. @_@

Yeah, I saw that. If that's it then I won't be able to become Thane because Lod, Runil, Hert and Mathies are all dead. =\