El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

cannot wait till ESO to come out, even though i might get to play it is still as fun to watch other people play it....

I started playing oblibion but on the lowest difficulty just so I can beat with no effort and it is fun. I am already the arena grand champion at level 3.

I started playing oblibion but on the lowest difficulty just so I can beat with no effort and it is fun. I am already the arena grand champion at level 3.

So the game is worth getting?

I haven't played Skyrim in a while but I feel like doing that sometime after I get all my other games done.

Unfortunately, my Oblivion disc skips now. :c

But before it went and died on me, I made a severely deformed Khajiit that looks like it's got a rat face, and so we call it 'Ratman' and he wears the Kvatch armor since it looks like his face and he runs around and just punches things to death. =P

So the game is worth getting?

I haven't played Skyrim in a while but I feel like doing that sometime after I get all my other games done.

It is yea but you need to have time because like most games you have to get into it. Also when I bought mine gamestop sold it and a disk of all the DLCs for just 20 dollars. The leveling is a little weird because only your major skills will level you up but if you do it right you will be fine.

Oblivion is awesome, i am at level 4 and i probably nearly finished it, also oblivion runs tons load of faster when i installed it to my xbox and run it of the disc, and also the way oblivion levels is the same as morrowind's leveling system.

See, I started with Oblivion and then moved backwards to Morrowind and couldn't make sense of anything.

I started with skyrim and I want to move back to morrowind eventually but I have heard it is PC only and my PC is not going to be able to support it.

there is morrowind on the original xbox, and if you can find the disc for it you can install a xbox live update so you can use it for your xbox, and my pc was 9200 radeon graphics card and 512mb RAM and 2.4 ghz and it ran morrowind just fine, so with a radeon 9600 GC and 2GB of RAM it will run even faster, and yes for me morrowind is a bit confusing, but it is still fun.

I started with skyrim and I want to move back to morrowind eventually but I have heard it is PC only and my PC is not going to be able to support it.

Actually as Zorua said it is for a Xbox too so you can get it there too. I have it on PC but it's so confusing for me so I stopped it. I actually had it WAY before Skyrim but only played like 10-20 minutes of it cuz I couldn't figure it out.

i can figure it out, i'd like it if it had a quest maker like oblivion and skyrim, but morrowind is good because it makes you think and remember stuff important and it has more in-depth stories, so it is the best elder scrolls game out of them all, any ways you can get mods to change graphics and fix bugs for pc, also if morrowind wasnt as great as it is, skyrim would be terrible.....

Well maybe gamestop will have it for cheap. Anyway I am almost done with the fighters guild quests but my xbox froze on the way to one of them.

Anyone interested in buying Skyrim for PC, Steam is got it for 75% off right now in their steam sale. The other games might be on a pretty good sale too.

Just turned level 50 in Skyrim a few days ago. Wasn't too hard when I got my alchemy and enchanting up... but I still have a long way to go before I actually get bored with the game. ninja.gif

Also got my Alteration to 100, plus master perk and atronach perk. Yay, I guess? tongue.gif

Did an Ysgramor character; got bored with that after a couple weeks. Getting the right skills up was difficult, but in the end, Wuuthrad plus Ancient Nord Armor (or whatever it's called. I haven't used it in a while) worked out good for him... right then!

Now working on Farkas.

Now there's a tough one. rolleyes.gif

First thing. I am TERRIBLE with his skills.

Second thing, hard character to remember how he looks. I still haven't gotten it right, but I'm getting close, at least... unsure.gif

I find it easier to kill enemies with a dragonbone sword rather than an iron (or steel. depends what he uses, but for me he uses iron most often, so I don't know anymore) greatsword. Killed a giant with the greatsword, but not going to try dragons for a long time. Right now I'd much rather work on getting my Conjuration and Destruction up, but... that's just me, I guess dry.gif

Third thing. I might like how he looks, but naturally he doesn't look all that hot in most armor types (including dragonscale, dragonplate, thieves guild armor... almost everything!). Then I find out I like how he looks in glass armor. Then I realize I need to work on my light armor if I want to use it any more.

Ouch. xd.png

Weeellll my dragonscale armor was nice for a while, but after a day I put it back in Honeyside due to the huge bonuses my steel armor now gives me. 370 armor rating without magical armor. I've done higher, though. Highest I've ever done was about 600-something. blink.gif

But that was a long time ago. wink.gif

I just thought about it, and this may be because I always finish the Companions questline before anything else, but maybe being a warrior wasn't that bad after all. But still, who can't resist playing as a mage once in a while? smile.gif

And that, kids, is why I will never master heavy armor, even though I need to if I want to stay alive during Ancient-and-higher dragon attacks! ninja.gif

/apprentice stone. lol

I've just restarted Skyrim, with my typical warrior Nord. I go in kinda the opposite direction to YellowTsunami. Never could get my head around magic (those bloody mages die too easily) but give me some heavy armour and an axe and I'm a happy bunny.

What I do is i do a warrior until I can max out my enchanting then I put some level up skill increases into magica. After that I enchant whichever armor i want to wear along with a ring an necklace with 25% reduce destruction cost which makes destruction spells cost nothing as long as they are equipped. You will need to put perks into enchanting though and I recommend the one that lets you put 2 enchantments on an item so you can also boost other perks. It works with other spell types too but I mainly do destruction and later some normal clothing for conjuration.

those bloody mages die too easily

Not really, if you equip good enchanted gauntlets and boots at the same time.

You might also want a stone to go with it, to increase your powah. *cough*

But I understand. Being a mage can be really hard at first, just be a warrior at first. Not a mage. Start as a warrior... never ever start as a mage. Mages are really weak from levels 1 to 20, usually. But I once found an ancient dragon at like level 25 or 28, and just slaughtered the little booger blink.gif

And that was as a mage.

Don't underestimate mages, bro. cool.gif

So basically, just equip armor at the same time, sometimes a dragon mask (like Morokei). That would help a lot.

I used to just do Daedric at the same time as Archmage's Robes, but now my steel is somehow more effective, even with no extra bonuses to smithing.

Oh, and did I ever mention, same smithing level? blink.gif

This game, man, really messes with my head...

But ever since the Companions I still like warrior-style battle.

But still.

Vilkas is actually good with his greatsword, but is like a penguin in sand otherwise.

Aela just shoots her arrows everywhere, never caring where the heck they go. xd.png

Skjor and Kodlak you never really see fighting, both of them die in the questline anyway...

Farkas is terrible in battle. Can't destroy draugr, couldn't slay a dragon even for a cookie. rolleyes.gif (you fight dragons with him after you cure him, but he is so darn bad at it, he almost got killed just GOING to the dragon!)

And my character?

Better than all of them.

Expert Mage, Master Warrior, and Adept Thief.

Harbinger of the Companions, Listener and Leader of the Dark Brotherhood, Archmage of the College of Winterhold, and soon to be Guild Master of the Thieves Guild. Poor fluffy can never know... ninja.gif

Farkas is still my favorite though. He's the only one that doesn't get on my nerves! dry.gif

Not really, if you equip good enchanted gauntlets and boots at the same time.

You might also want a stone to go with it, to increase your powah. *cough*

But I understand. Being a mage can be really hard at first, just be a warrior at first. Not a mage. Start as a warrior... never ever start as a mage. Mages are really weak from levels 1 to 20, usually. But I once found an ancient dragon at like level 25 or 28, and just slaughtered the little booger blink.gif

And that was as a mage.

Don't underestimate mages, bro. cool.gif

I agree completely. I recommend my above thing for destruction and maybe do the 2nd enchantment if you have dual enchantments something else. The only problem with being a mage with unlimited spells is the occasional person who drains your magica with shock and you are required to have 1 magica to preform any spell even if it has no cost. When I had my level 71 before the only save I had got corrupted I would just run through dungeons and dual cast incinerate to destroy things and I would bring an invincible follower so I don't accidentally kill my pack mule. My opion on the companions is that they all are terrible at fighting on master except in the very beginning.

Mm, Skyrim. One of my favorite games. First Elder Scrolls game, actually -- I got it for Christmas a couple of years ago and certainly got a run for my money. I still play it occasionally, though mostly to test mods. xd.png

A friend of mine finally figured out that I'd probably like the other games as well and got me Morrowind for this past Christmas. So far it's been great, but the controls. THE CONTROLS. E to jump and Space to activate stuff??? Blasphemy! tongue.gif

I picked up Skyrim a few days ago and so far I'm having a lot of fun. Haven't got far with the story yet, I'm just sort of mooching about xd.png

One small thing though, I've been working on my pickpocketing and I've noticed something odd. Nearly everyone I open the PP menu on has a lockpick in their inventory. I'm not complaining because that's what I normally steal (along with gold), but why are supposedly law abiding regular citizens wandering around with instruments of theft on their person?

Maybe it's just a hair clip? Or some other random object that the character sees as a lock pick because it can be used as one?

Hmm. I suppose so.

If I knock something over in my house, does it stay on the floor or will it re-spawn to its proper place later?

Hmm. I suppose so.

If I knock something over in my house, does it stay on the floor or will it re-spawn to its proper place later?

if you leave that house alone for a long time then they might/will re-spawn.

Yeah I saw already. The pots I had knocked onto the floor picked themselves up again xd.png

Is level 14 a good level to tackle the dragon priests? I managed to kill Krosis but it took a couple of attempts. Should I wait until I'm stronger to go after the others?

Yeah I saw already. The pots I had knocked onto the floor picked themselves up again xd.png

Is level 14 a good level to tackle the dragon priests? I managed to kill Krosis but it took a couple of attempts. Should I wait until I'm stronger to go after the others?

If you are a mage based character wait. There is at least one that has a lightning type attack that will cause your mana pool to become useless. Wait till 20-25 and use a sword if possible.