El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

Where do you people get all this time to play? .___.

I've been playing Oblivion for only 133ish hours (got it on Nov. 15 methinks).

Before Skyrim, the only Elder Scrolls game I'd played was Morrowind. Things and people had a tendency to disappear or fall through the floor and the game froze a lot, but... Wow! What a great game! I loved it. I still do. The world is huge, there are so many places to explore, so many discoveries to be made. It's a game of nearly endless possibilities.

Skyrim isn't ao bad either. I really like the addition of the dragons, because everything is better with dragons added. But I have to say, Morrowind is still my favorite. smile.gif

Morrowind seems to be the fan favorite. I've started playing it myself and am trying not to get too far into it for the sheer fact I know it will suck me in. I know it's a longer game than skyrim but I'll be pacing myself there.

I don't know how many hours I've put into skyrim...I just have two characters and I've only been playing a few hours at a time for a while now.

I only have one character and am stuck at trying to retrieve the elder scroll in Skyrim... the big gold contraption refuses to die xd.png

I haven't played the game that much... thanks to piles of homework and rules that I have to get my homework done done (completely done) before I do anything else even pertaining to a videogame... plus, out of the times I could play, I've been playing Skyward Sword (which I beat after stopping myself for a few weeks so I wouldn't beat it before the new year...) so I haven't got that many hours... or at least I don't think I do... I never bothered to check any of that...

I just wanted to find the dragon who continued to eat my horse... which I have not found yet.... stupid stealthy, nonsoundmakingnoshadowdragonwhoatemyhorsefourtimesinthesamepass dragon... I will find you eventually!!!!

I only have one character and am stuck at trying to retrieve the elder scroll in Skyrim... the big gold contraption refuses to die xd.png

I'd suggest looking up a "how to" video on youtube for that one. It's one of the worst puzzles in the game and gives little indication on what to do.

I haven't played the game that much... thanks to piles of homework and rules that I have to get my homework done done (completely done) before I do anything else even pertaining to a videogame... plus, out of the times I could play, I've been playing Skyward Sword (which I beat after stopping myself for a few weeks so I wouldn't beat it before the new year...) so I haven't got that many hours... or at least I don't think I do... I never bothered to check any of that...

I just wanted to find the dragon who continued to eat my horse... which I have not found yet.... stupid stealthy, nonsoundmakingnoshadowdragonwhoatemyhorsefourtimesinthesamepass dragon... I will find you eventually!!!!

Use the horse as bait and wait for it to swoop down and hit it with a spell or arrow. Sooner or later all the horses in that game are gonna be gone! xd.png

Never had a horse get eaten, because I got a mod that makes horses run away to a safe distance instead of fight when I get into a scuffle. It's a lot easier to find it than it is to buy a new one, and worth it in the long run.

Mine fights wolves and bandits or anything that hits her but with a dragon she'll move away from it and Sabre or Bear and I think a Troll as well. Beyond that she fights. I have no clue how many times she's helped me kill wolves. I had 4 on me once and she ran to help even.

I swear every dog I come acrossed is aggressive. Is it because I wasn't there in time to help it out or what? The one I had couldn't come with me into the Underforge and vanished after that.

Also what is the Last King of the Ayleids book for? It says it's a quest item and I have the book but no quest leads to it.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I finally finished Oblivion~

After 134 hours and 42 gates closed, the main storyline quest is done. It wouldn't have taken that long if I hadn't gotten so distracted with side quests. :I

Now I just need to get my hands on Skyrim...

In the mean time, moar side quests!

I'm trying to improve my smithing skills actually. I'm at 82 or something now. Aiming for Dragon armor. How do you get to upgrade things to legendary? I can get swords/axes to Flawless but Bows to Superior.

Yays! :3

Now I got a question for my next char. I want to do somewhat the same as I am now but I want to use a one handed type character. The only problem is what Skills should I increase and any suggestions on which race?

@demonicevampire

increase all the same skills, but also increase Block as you'll probably be using a shield.

@IceFrost

It's what we're doing :D

Yays! :3

Now I got a question for my next char. I want to do somewhat the same as I am now but I want to use a one handed type character. The only problem is what Skills should I increase and any suggestions on which race?

Pretty sure Redguard has racial bonuses for one-handed and block.

If I do that I'll just be redoing the ones I got now.

I'm increasing Block, Smithing, One Handed, Two Handed and Heavy Armor. I used 3 perks on 3 different skills like a moron instead of using them for the start of Enchantment and improving the fire enchantment cuz that's the one I mostly use. I play as a Nord right now.

I think for this next char which is either a Brenton or Redguard I'll increase Block, Smithing, One Handed and Heavy Armor then see what Enchantment is. Wish there was a way to reset perks.

Also you guys can call me Demi for short.

My Breton character that im focusing skill wise is One-handed, smithing, archery, heavy armor, enchanting, and restoration but this leads me to my question, What is your favorite armor type? Mine is dwarven armor but im going to improve my smithing skill more to get ebony armor

Edited by knightstemplar151

Eventually try to get Daedric Armor. It looks really cool and is better than dragonplate. My favorite race would have to be Argonian, just because I love the concept and I'd really love a game to be set in Black Marsh.

Eventually try to get Daedric Armor. It looks really cool and is better than dragonplate. My favorite race would have to be Argonian, just because I love the concept and I'd really love a game to be set in Black Marsh.

Pretty much this, word for word, except my favorite armor is the nightingale armor...the daedric just looks silly on almost any care because it just looks impractical...so many spikes.

In skyrim it doesn't matter what race you choose, a nord mage will be just as good as a dark elf one, but the dark elf will start off with some higher stats in the magic classes....nothing that can't be gained easily. The only thing you'd look at when deciding on what race to play is their special abilities, most of which really do not matter especially later on in the game.