El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

argonian master race ftw, literally during the oblivion crisis the daedra had to withdraw from black marsh, cause the argonians ancestors (the hist, which are literally living trees (that is why they are called children of the root)) told them something was wrong and they were prepared (unlike illidan xd.png (dat reference))

I always liked the look of the Argonians. I just wish I knew what their kids looked like.

Yes, that is 100% rumor. Here's a friend of mine explaining the whole thing:

The original source for the Argonia rumors floating is Kdramastars, a website dedicated to Korean soapboxes. It is not a trustworthy source, for multiple reasons. One, they provided a cover of the game that was clearly just the cover for Skyrim to be photoshopped with some fox on it, and is from a website on the Wikia Network which uses it on a game idea article. Two, they claimed that their source was the "Tehran Times". If you are not familiar with it, that is a news source, from Iran. It is an even less good source. They have since changed the mentions of "Tehran Times" to "Tehran Chronicle", it seems, which is also some shady fly by night news outlet. They also have claimed the game has already been announced at EGX 2014, a show that Bethesda did not even attend to my recollection.

The "information" that was gathered was Googling "Elder Scrolls", and seeing a bunch of really shoddy websites copy pasting that initial story. What I'm saying is that every news source that talks about the game being rumored to be Argonia is confirming how incredibly terrible their fact checking is.

So could it be Elder Scrolls VI: Argonia, maybe? It's not impossible, simply due to the fact that the game has to be set somewhere and they may just go the "name it after the province" route again. Is there any proof that it will be? Not at the moment.

Edit: That actually might be the wrong source! As I said, these sites are kind of shady, that's the one I remember seeing pop into my news feed before it started showing up everywhere else though. I will try to confirm where this all came from, and write something about this.

Edit 2: This is the earliest source of that rumor I can find, September 5th. To give you a taste of what that source is like, this is from the first paragraph: "With no news readily available for the next installment in the Elder Scrolls series, naturally, people will click on this link."

Yeah I'm not going to believe anything about ESVI unless it comes straight from the developers. I love speculation as much as the next person, but I'm not taking anything as fact just yet.

with the xbox one and ps4 capabilities, I think we might get both elsywer and blackmarsh, which would..... well.... it would just make me a very happy zorua if Bethesda did that

I imagine they'd have to be. With the Dragonborn DLC, Solstheim was really close to Skyrim.

Speaking of, I've been playing it more. I'm really fascinated by the eruption of the Red Mountain in Morrowind. I also am thinking about writing another fanfiction...

before the main story, solsthiem was apart of skyrim, but the high king of skyrim gave it to the dunmer after the eruption.

also, a theory (or actual thing) was, that a floating island that travelled morrowind didn't get enough support (cause of the tribunal was well...... play morrowind to find out) and then some randoms tried to keep it up, and they were sucsessful but they were not strong enough, and it fell and that I think is also why winterhold is damaged so badly (cause of the red mountain).

also did you know that the red mountain actually contains the heart of an actual god (lorkan)........... that's why it is a volcano.....

I had a quick look at a map of Tamriel. Elsweyr and Black Marsh are both to the south, but don't share a land border. Cyrodiil sits between them.

I've played Skyrim loads of times, but I didn't know jack about Morrowind. I'll have to play it... and find my Oblivion disk, because that's missing. I think I'm stuck on a part too.

morrowind has no quest marker, and it well, it makes you use your mind to figure stuff out (or just use an online guide xd.png), also you can get the GOTY edition on steam..... which is totally worth it...... I haven't even finished the fighters guild and mages guild questline yet and I have had that much fun.....

also, a theory (or actual thing) was, that a floating island that travelled morrowind didn't get enough support (cause of the tribunal was well...... play morrowind to find out) and then some randoms tried to keep it up, and they were sucsessful but they were not strong enough, and it fell and that I think is also why winterhold is damaged so badly (cause of the red mountain).

Yep, that's not just a theory; it's what actually happened. The Greg Keyes novels, which take place 40 years after Oblivion (which is about 160 years before Skyrim), elaborate on it a bit: one of the characters is the reason why it fell. (They were using people's souls to power the floating mechanism, and he wasn't cool with the fact that his girlfriend was one of the people who was being used as the battery.)

It's not known for sure why Winterhold collapsed, but the Red Mountain's eruption is a possibility.

I haven't played too much Morrowind yet, just about 5 or so hours. What annoys me is that whenever you swing your weapon, it has a chance of missing - a pretty high chance at lower levels. I was nearly killed by a rat.

Edited by Dawnwing

If it has been such a long time since the incident at Winterhold, why hasn't anyone fixed the bridge yet?

just toggle god mode, seriously, it just.... it just helped so much, also I am up to the bit part were you have to get a bow from the ash peoples tomb (tip, it drops from a ghost type thing).

also, I think the reason why the people of winterhold haven't fixed is because of half of it was taken with the eruption since it is close to morrowind.....

morrowind Is fun.....

Hmm

I've never played Morrowind before

My first TES game was Oblivion

morrowind has no quest marker, and it well, it makes you use your mind to figure stuff out (or just use an online guide xd.png), also you can get the GOTY edition on steam..... which is totally worth it...... I haven't even finished the fighters guild and mages guild questline yet and I have had that much fun.....

I'm gonna get the GOTY edition on steam. My computer can definitely handle it, it's gonna be weird using a keyboard instead of a controller though. Morrowind sounds fun, I might add some mods too. What character did you make?

Also, I have Oblivion and Skyrim on xbox 360. Both are good, but Skyrim's actual people and landscape was pretty meh for me. Oblivion was more diverse and bright. I hope Morrowind is a decent place.

Edited by C88

Skyrim has consistently more tundra and snow than any other province, so that's unsurprising. I loved Skyrim much more than Cyrodiil, honestly, though that's because the plot and biome interested me much more. You don't get a lot of Norse/Scandinavian influence in fantasy... and I have a huge nerd boner for those things. laugh.gif Just see my collection of Marvel's Thor. I have a thing for Vikings and similar cultures.

(Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I am loopy off my ass right now. Painkillers are wonderful things.)

I really need to get back into Skyrim again. If I remember right my last character was a....cat? I forget the name. Maybe I'll try being a Nord the next go around.

All I play are Khajiit. laugh.gif

Ditto. It's a shame there is so little info on them, I'd really like to know more about their culture and lore and such. It's great fun to sneak around and pwn people in brawls. I'm suprised claws aren't cheating xd.png

Skyrim is a good game, I'm just not that interested in the nords. Frankly I've never liked them much, and their treatment of the Dunmer in Windhelm doesn't help. The landscape looks great, but I get a little tired of seeing just snow and rocks. Riften is great though, the whole "autumn forest" thing looks beautiful. I like how there are draugr instead of zombies, it's historically accurate (and there's also the fact that the zombies scared me as a kid xd.png ).

Welp, I bought Morrowind. I'm looking forward to playing as a Suthay-raht.

I thought you could only play Dunmer in Morrowind?

No, Morrowind is like Skyrim and Oblivion. You have a choice of all the races, not just Dunmer. The Khajiit in Morrowind are Suthay-Raht. The only annoyance is that the beast races (argonian and khajiit) can't wear boots or closed helmets due to their body shape. There's a mod that fixes the boots, it's called Adul's Leggings and adds leggings as a replacement for boots for the beast races.

Well, I'm having a blast so far in Morrowind. My first encounter with an enemy was when I was wading in some water to enjoy the effects. A slaughterfish shows up out of nowhere and I started swinging my dagger frantically. I managed to get away, but I'm staying away from water for a while tongue.gif

My friend brought his entire desktop to school and he was playing skyrim and he had a mod that switched everyone into argonians......... xd.png ulfric stormcloak

@C88 :3